Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities (11591 Views)

NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent / Unbelievable: NANS ''honours'' Buruji Kashamu (photo) / List Private Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2013
Dolly-Parton:
Who ever came up with the idea of sealing up private university is a proper ediot.
How does that solve the problem on ground.
Just like the leaders, the youths are not using their brains. And they will come and say they are the future of Nigeria... I see the future clearly now.

I wouldnt exactly blame NANS for considering such an irrational move. Wouldnt you be angry if you know children of politicians and lecturers are the ones attending these private universities stress free while your's is in limbo?
They figured if it affected their children the same way their is being toyed with, maybe they will come to their senses and stop the bickering.
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by mascot87(m): 1:04pm On Sep 10, 2013
manny4life:

How does his sarcasm translate into him being a student at a private university? So much emotions, relax and take a chill pill, it's not that serious.
And what makes you think he isn't a private university student?when did you turn to a mind reader to know his statement is sarcasm.Guy, u amuse me with your opinion, it's highly delusional
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by divinelove(m): 1:05pm On Sep 10, 2013
$ugardaddy:
I am not in support of NANS shutting down private universities. But I thought the acronymn NANS meant National Association Of Nigerian Students. So, why would students of private universities in Nigeria not be part of NANS?

They are on paper but not in practice. Do you know that lecturers in private universities are not members of ASUU. Thats why private university is different. There is no unionism of any sort of both lecturers and students. you mess up as a student or lecturer and you are fired on the spot.

1 Like

Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2013
I strongly support the closure of private own universities...afterall private universities student are members of NANS,but that bt wat we should be bother with,we should pray this ASUU strike season 25 should come 2 a conclusive end.....closing private universities isnt d way forward cos most of d private universities ar owned nd finance by members of the senate..ASUU strike doesnt stop me from becoming my state governor as i am destined 2 be..[color=#000099][/color]
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2013
Muhehe...I was really hoping nans would keep to their words and try to disrupt activities in private universities. Videos of mopol brutalising them would have flooded the internet.
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by sunzie(m): 1:13pm On Sep 10, 2013
NANS or no NANS..the lecturers at the public universities still works at the private universities.I guess thats why NANS are threatening.
So they should think of a win - win point so that the student can go back to school.
We all know , when two elephants tussles the grass suffers, the students are suffering.
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by divinelove(m): 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2013
The leadership of NANS are dafts. Hw can they come up with such a dumb idea of sealing private universities. Anyway i am not surprised bc most of them are professional undergraduates whose chains of carryovers ll never allow them to graduate angry. Most smart students do not waste their time on students unionism when they are still finding their feet in life.
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by MitchDLeo(m): 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2013
Thats the truth they've already decided who will lead the country from among their own children that they send abroad for education undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
agitator:

Which future leaders? The future leaders are being trained in US and Europe. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by Brymo: 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2013
olowodaran: chelsea must win everton, hey abeg where i dey?
u dai hospital.
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by MitchDLeo(m): 1:17pm On Sep 10, 2013
Common dont you know its abroad that senates and governors send their children to for education undecided undecided undecided undecided
careytommy:

I wouldnt exactly blame NANS for considering such an irrational move. Wouldnt you be angry if you know children of politicians and lecturers are the ones attending these private universities stress free while your's is in limbo?
They figured if it affected their children the same way their is being toyed with, maybe they will come to their senses and stop the bickering.
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by manny4life(m): 1:27pm On Sep 10, 2013
mascot87:
And what makes you think he isn't a private university student?when did you turn to a mind reader to know his statement is sarcasm.Guy, u amuse me with your opinion, it's highly delusional

Read your response, read his comment and then read your first response and then tell me who is delusional.
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by TheKingsQueen: 1:27pm On Sep 10, 2013
As if NANS with their big wide mouth could have been able to do anything. What is the connection between private universities still being in session and ASUU's demands? If NANS and students of public schools are jealous of the fact that students of private universities are in school while they are at home, they can please change school. Or did anybody force them to enroll in public schools? Abegi
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by deandavid(m): 1:44pm On Sep 10, 2013
Mitch D Leo: Thats the truth they've already decided who will lead the country from among their own children that they send abroad for education undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
o yea, and u dnt think u can do anything abt it..............omashe o... hope is really really slim... as for me i will not relent, i will force my way and join the ruling class. and how do i do that...........its by getting involved, getting my ass off nairaland and play active role in politics, from my unit, ward, local govt and state. that's our only hope right now. i advise u to do same, GET INVOLVED.
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by dammytosh: 1:53pm On Sep 10, 2013
agitator:

Which future leaders? The future leaders are being trained in US and Europe. angry angry angry angry angry

I am tempted to agree with u. Dt is spots on. When they come, they decide the role the 'ASUU trained future leaders ' will play.

If not, wat kind of leader will think shutting down private universities will will solve ASUU's problem.

Me think doing sometin dt will affect the Goverment'S pocket directly is a way 2 go.
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by DARREG(m): 1:57pm On Sep 10, 2013
sometimes i close my eyes and assume i am a covenant university student, at other times i remember only Offa poly gave my admission
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 10, 2013
Shut down Government facilities, then private universities (if need be)
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 10, 2013
The_King'sQueen:
As if NANS with their big wide mouth could have been able to do anything. What is the connection between private universities still being in session and ASUU's demands? If NANS and students of public schools are jealous of the fact that students of private universities are in school while they are at home, they can please change school. Or did anybody force them to enroll in public schools? Abegi
Stop being a fooool, I know it's not easy to check sometimes.

I don't support NANS move, but you should understand that some of us in public universities worked really hard before getting admitted, we read, passed all the necessary exams, we weren't admitted because we're going to bless the pocket of our "Proprietors" we got admitted on merit! We stood the pressure while you guys couldn't! So get a life or buy a cat
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by phrankchek(m): 2:30pm On Sep 10, 2013
Oga suger daddy,notin concern dem 2....abi u sopos ask urself wetin make private universities dem lecturer no folo ASUU go strike
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by Memyselfu2009(m): 2:34pm On Sep 10, 2013
Story story story
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 10, 2013
Fran6i.k:

He said private universities had provided better alternative as all public universities had been under lock and key in the past few months adding that “the church-owned universities like Babcock, have given hope to parents and young Nigerians, who need to acquire tertiary education. Although people complain of high cost of fees, but considering the time wasted during strike period like this, one will agree that these privately-owned institutions are not expensive afterall as there’s no doubt that one can graduate with a PHD at the age of 25 in Nigeria.”
http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/21156-
_
Except if you have the misfortune of being in a Federal University.
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by timoney(m): 2:51pm On Sep 10, 2013
Private university is the reason why government is not paying good attention to ASUU strike.... As most of their children attends private university.
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 10, 2013
adeaugustus:
Stop being a fooool, I know it's not easy to check sometimes.

I don't support NANS move, but you should understand that some of us in public universities worked really hard before getting admitted, we read, passed all the necessary exams, we weren't admitted because we're going to bless the pocket of our "Proprietors" we got admitted on merit! We stood the pressure while you guys couldn't! So get a life or buy a cat
_
I really hate this kind of generalization. Quite a lot of us got admitted to both federal and private uni's, but because of fear of graduating at 30 instead of 22 (due to what is currently happening) we chose private schools.

You're in a government school now, ba? How is your "merit" and "pressure" working out for you?
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 10, 2013
SimonAndal:
_
I really hate this kind of generalization. Quite a lot of us got admitted to both federal and private uni's, but because of fear of graduating at 30 instead of 22 (due to what is currently happening) we chose private schools.

You're in a government school now, ba? How is your "merit" and "pressure" working out for you?

I wouldn't have responded, but you replied in a civil way, so you earn it.... While I understand your point as per the age thing, (Am regretting my choice of institution right now, if the strike doesn't end this month, we won't conclude the session this year, which might hinder my 22yo target) But what I don't like is what the guy said about public university students being poor and cannot afford to pay for private university. I had the "luxury" of enrolling in a private university, but didn't because in my family, everybody graduated from public university.
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by Bingeljr(m): 4:03pm On Sep 10, 2013
Something Big is wrong wit NANS
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 10, 2013
jmoore: Of course they can't. Dem dey craze?

Let them try covenant university and they will receive the beating of their lives.

If they really want to protest they should go to Aso Rock

ABI?
MEEN THE THUGGISH BRUTISH PAPA
AND HIS THUGGISH BRUTISH GOONS
WILL BE ALL OVER THEM LIKE THE
HURRICANE KATRINA OVER NEW ORLEANS
THEY WON'T SEE IT COMING
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by yormite: 5:20pm On Sep 10, 2013
mydex93: I am a future Leader..that you aint 1 doesnt mean you shud generalize it na
i wl make sure i strive and work hard to get my fair share of d nigerian dream am a future leader i will make sure i compete with those trained in Europe and united states
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by yormite: 5:23pm On Sep 10, 2013
RedBenson: The message is to tell that, a sheep (private university) is different from a goat (Public university) grin. This therefore means the two can never meet in any circumference under the earth. ASUU strike continues. grin
just becos u attend private uni does nt mean u wl b greater than me so and complete ur medication @ yaba left side so u wl knw wat 2 post
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by yormite: 5:26pm On Sep 10, 2013
Brymo: u need 2 b careful wen its comes 2 tins of God,av u paid ur tithe or any offerings in any of d churches,dont say tins lk a loser.
sister i hate to break it to u but u v been brain washed by dis so called men of God
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by creativemusic: 7:00pm On Sep 10, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by tobezekiel(f): 7:30pm On Sep 10, 2013
creativemusic: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
and what's funny?
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by Standing5(m): 7:58pm On Sep 10, 2013
mascot87:
Just because your parents have the finances to send you to a private university doesn't make you a better person than those in the public university.You are just privileged and it's not an automatic ticket for you to be greater than those that schooled in the public schools.You cannot call your fellow students goat just because of the statements made by few guys on closing down private universities which we shouldn't take serious anyway.You irritate me with your statement dude,you really really irritate me
Try and understand guy. He is not saying some people are goat or sheep, he simple meant some are coventional(not challenging new standards) and some are unconventional (challenging new standards).
Re: NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities by DzTzl(f): 8:05pm On Sep 10, 2013
oga jona shld remba dt im go need votes soonest o! eni ti o ba da omi siwaju ma te ile tutu *pesin wey pour water for floor go def mash wet floor* shey na d students wey go vote for u come 2015 u dey treat lk ds? newaiz * i jus dey observe*

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Marine Academy Nigeria Exams / A Private Polytechnic Offa(lens Polytechnic),kwara State,admission 2013/2014 / Delta State Online Registration Of Bursary & Scholarship For 2016/2017 Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.