Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,717 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

Native Attires Or Foreign Dresses - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Native Attires Or Foreign Dresses (2871 Views)

014 MBGN Contestants Rock Traditional Attires! / MBGN 2012: Pictures Of Contestants In Their Traditional Attires / Latest Styles Of Ladies (native)clothes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Native Attires Or Foreign Dresses by TMoney4(m): 12:07pm On Jun 02, 2006
Hi People,

what do you think? Native attires or Foreign dresses.

As african don't you think we should do our own thing, you know. i think its really cool if we could stick to our African stuffs.
Re: Native Attires Or Foreign Dresses by hotangel2(f): 2:23am On Jun 05, 2006
Ever since we were introduced to foreign dresses, everything has changed. lol,

Now u hear people saying you don't espect me to tie wrapper to a sweet 16 year old party. They want to wear the hot booty jeans, and the spag top or watever the case may be.

Personally, i think those of us abroad, should stick a little more to our stuffs (look who's talking -- i only have two native wears lipsrsealed ).

But seriously, i think it'll be supper awesome if we stick to what we've got. It'll not only show others that we r proud of where we come from, it'll give them a lil hint of what we wear were we are from.

A lil story for u. I wore my african lagbaja top and three quater pants native wear to school once, and OMG!!! I felt like a queen, Everyone said they loved it and blah blah blah. it was awesome!

What's my point? I don't think people can stop wearing foreign dresses, but it'll be awesome if they wore more native stuffs. My cousin in Nigeria, she's in the UNI, She wears native to school every friday, and i think that's good. And my uncle does the same to work. After monday - thursday of suits, he wears native on fridays.

Okay, enough of my talkings, i should go get me some more native wears. smiley
Re: Native Attires Or Foreign Dresses by DaHitler(m): 5:22am On Jun 05, 2006
T Money, want to know a little secret?

What is known as native attires is a lie. Sub Saharan Africans never used woven fabric till it was introduced by foreigners. So, technically, native attire would be grass skirts and tree bark. Get it?
Re: Native Attires Or Foreign Dresses by hotangel2(f): 10:59pm On Jun 05, 2006
lol, u r something else afeni. cheesy cheesy
Re: Native Attires Or Foreign Dresses by DaHitler(m): 6:29am On Jun 06, 2006
hot-angel, I am just spreading the truth. cheesy
Re: Native Attires Or Foreign Dresses by abujabooks(f): 12:12pm On May 22, 2008
Native attires of course.
Re: Native Attires Or Foreign Dresses by Afribiz(f): 12:09pm On May 27, 2008
Boring topic. I'm out of here for good jare!

(1) (Reply)

GET YOUR CUSTOMIZE | PERSONALIZE CLOTH LABELS, TAGS, AND CLOTHING ACCESSORIES / Dread Styles For Females : 2022 Best Dreadlocks And Twist Hairstyles / African Men Tattooing Their Bottom Lips Pink To Attract Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.