Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' (14216 Views)

NSCDC Arrests Two With Fake Naira Note (photos) / Seven Youths Gang-rape Trader In Alaba Market / Robbers Kill Traders At Alaba Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by Policewoman(f): 9:57am On Sep 10, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos: Obi, get ready, another one coming through for reunion. grin

Are there no Ibo elders in Lagos to call these guys to order and save them from collective embarassments?
He is from Imo not Anambra. So fashola should send him to his APC comrade, Rochas.

3 Likes

Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by dedons: 9:57am On Sep 10, 2013
K
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by xynerise: 9:59am On Sep 10, 2013
That one dey
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by haulagehandlers(m): 9:59am On Sep 10, 2013
Odunharry: 100,000 is too small nw,he has bn doing ds business for a long tym nw...whch means he has duped many innocent citizen especially d poor traders n conductors trying hard to feed...
Abeg make dm charge am 1m.
For your info sir,he is even paying 10% of the said amount
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 10, 2013
Igbo people dont want issues about them tribalised but are fast in doing that to someone else.

Biafran currency grin

3 Likes

Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by akins56(m): 10:02am On Sep 10, 2013
if babafash deport am naw..e go b like say im wicked!..they will let all hell loose!...ranting he was sent packing while doing his legitimate business!
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by Iykopee(m): 10:04am On Sep 10, 2013
Well, some maniacally deranged set of beings find it difficult to stay on topic.

@ topic, The guy in question is a criminal and it doesn't necessary mean that his tribe men are criminals. I have seen many people doing the worse of illicit businesses here in Nigeria, and need i say his crime is just a chunk from d numerous that i had seen so far.

Let him face d wrath of the law for defrauding unwary and innocent business partners.

1 Like

Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by lekkie073(m): 10:04am On Sep 10, 2013
Ibos and jibiti.......smh cry

1 Like

Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by femiero: 10:07am On Sep 10, 2013
If them deport this 1 now, them go begin shout again.[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by fr3do(m): 10:15am On Sep 10, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos: Obi, get ready, another one coming through for reunion. grin

Are there no Ibo elders in Lagos to call these guys to order and save them from collective embarassments?

the man was caught not his entire ethnic group.
Stop this madness and grow up!

2 Likes

Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by knash1(m): 10:22am On Sep 10, 2013
born_to_be_gr8t: Before I open this thread,something jus told me it Wud be an IGBO......SOMETHING was right
u a very stupid. was the different between him and countless yoruba boiz doin yahoo in lagos. shame!!!!

1 Like

Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by moscobabs(m): 10:24am On Sep 10, 2013
Kidnapping....................na them
Arm robbery..................na them
Drugs ........................na them
Buglers........................na them
Rapping........................na them
Fake product sellers.......na them
Unpleasant habit...........na them
Prostitution..................na them
They carry nylon bag come lagos,they use Ghana must go carry money go home on xmas and spend it all within 8days,come back to lag and continue their bad business.
./
/
/
/
/
/

Na one one we go pursue una comot for our land

10 Likes

Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by Paretomaster(m): 10:25am On Sep 10, 2013
Ngwakwe: 1. Please post on topic always. Don't derail
or tribalize threads.

I am yet to know what points the previous posters are trying to convey, can we condemn this criminal act with a strongest possible term.

I am from South East, Nigeria, I have never given or exchanged fake note / currency though I have received loads of them comprising N500 and N1000 denominations through my Sales Reps and cashier that have fallen victim of these fraudsters, yet I have never been tempted to exchange them in any circumstance.

Let's avoid associating this criminal behaviour with any tribe rather a universal vice that should be fought against and discouraged using every possible means, even the vendor according to the article is not from South East.
But ur brodas see every Yoruba as a coward and betrayer, and Hausas as BH, bt d fact is ur kinsmen r criminals from elders to Youth.

2 Likes

Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by knash1(m): 10:27am On Sep 10, 2013
moscobabs: Kidnapping....................na them
They carry nylon bag come lagos,they use Ghana must go carry money go home on xmas and spend it all within 8days,come back to lag and continue their bad business.
./
/
/
/
/
/

som one like u suppose to be in the ZOO

5 Likes

Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by borntobegr8t(m): 10:31am On Sep 10, 2013
k'nash:
u a very stupid. was the different between him and countless yoruba boiz doin yahoo in lagos. shame!!!!
the difference is dat the yorubas dnt get caught...now u tell me who's smarter
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by oduaboy1: 10:36am On Sep 10, 2013
Ngwakwe: 1. Please post on topic always. Don't derail
or tribalize threads.

I am yet to know what points the previous posters are trying to convey, can we condemn this criminal act with a strongest possible term.

I am from South East, Nigeria, I have never given or exchanged fake note / currency though I have received loads of them comprising N500 and N1000 denominations through my Sales Reps and cashier that have fallen victim of these fraudsters, yet I have never been tempted to exchange them in any circumstance.

Let's avoid associating this criminal behaviour with any tribe rather a universal vice that should be fought against and discouraged using every possible means, even the vendor according to the article is not from South East.
When a child errs wrongly,the parents are blamed.
If criminal A is from one particular tribe,same goes for B,C,D,E,F.Then the problem is no longer individualistic but collective,this due to the "UNNECESSARY IMPORTANCE IBOS GENERALLY ATTACH TO MONEY".The get rich or die trying phenomenon that has been hammered into many ibo children HEADS right from childhood,sad but true:>:>:>

1 Like

Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by moscobabs(m): 10:51am On Sep 10, 2013
k'nash:
som one like u suppose to be in the ZOO
i'm not supose to be IN the zoo but AT the zoo to what all your Youth and elders that are acting like animals.....Black sheep of the Nation!!!
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by eph12(m): 11:09am On Sep 10, 2013
[quote author=odua boy]When a child errs wrongly,the parents are blamed.
If criminal A is from one particular tribe,same goes for B,C,D,E,F.Then the problem is no longer individualistic but collective,this due to the "UNNECESSARY IMPORTANCE IBOS GENERALLY ATTACH TO MONEY".The get rich or die trying phenomenon that has been hammered into many ibo children HEADS right from childhood,sad but true:>:>:>[/quote
A 30yrs old child? When i c post like this it only reminds me that there's no hope for this country
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by Ichliebedich(f): 11:22am On Sep 10, 2013
When would Nigerians rise above this rubbish 'tribalism'? It has become a deceiding factor in our politics nd is growing stronger every day. Wake up people tribalism would take us no where.
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by kingarizona(m): 11:31am On Sep 10, 2013
What more canna say gringringrin
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by lacasa: 11:41am On Sep 10, 2013
It's not nice wen the arrow points @ you hey, undecided

Do unto ur .... Wat u .... to urself.

The igbos (esp). on Nairaland αve to learn this concept.

• B4, once itz a BH thread itz Hausa bashing time

• once, itz a civil war thread, its Awo n the yoruba bashing time

Now, who's laughing last & longest kiss

2 Likes

Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by Gorrbachev: 11:41am On Sep 10, 2013
chigodo: Don't mind these people that can never think properly,we've heard cases where yoruba boys were involved in terrorist activities in USA and in London and nobody generalised it that yorubas are terrorists because we understand that they are just the bad eggs among them but they are the ones that will easily generalise any single thing that happens to an ibo man.........*very biased set of people*

grin grin grin grin How many Yoruba terrorist have been arrested so far? The generalisation is not a Yoruba thing, its a human thing. let me put it this way, Igbos like the rest of Nigeria commit crimes but Igbos criminals seem to come under the media light because of their regular ingenuity. is it?

If an Uchenna or Chinedu creates a facebook or Microsoft today, you'll see people all over the internet saying things like "My brother doing us proud" " Biafra shall rise again". On social media and youtube, some categorically say this person is Igbo even thou the person being celebrated does not need or want to be associated with Nigeria.

The good one is Igbo/Biafran but the criminal should be Nigerian? tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

4 Likes

Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by skerries: 11:59am On Sep 10, 2013
The problem with Nigeria is that we as a people and as a nation we never shun evil rather we trive in them. we support mediocre, we encourage fast lane, we celebrate dishonesty, we hail thieves even against our detriment, we emulate theft and wrong doing as long as its pays quick dividend even against our communal welfare. It is not only in one tribe, but vice that run through the vain of every Nigerian. Dishonest and warped mind are the common characteristic between the elites in our society and a street urchin boy. both work with the same intention to steal, to deceive. same surge to make as much money as possible that is the problem and piss me off.
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by adbaba(m): 12:01pm On Sep 10, 2013
[quote author=moscobabs]Kidnapping....................na them
./
/
/
/
/
/

[/quote
U'r sentimental.NEVER THROW AWAY THE BIRTH WATER WITH THE BABY!.B CAREFUL abt hw u think...ur comment contains no FACT...*smh*
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 10, 2013
I hope they burnt d money cos d police are better undercover criminals.
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by Urine: 12:04pm On Sep 10, 2013
mermaid kingdom: we are a hustler that is why we owned 90%of flashi cars and investment in ur lagos"one nigeria"

Nna, it's time to go back to school. I'm glad you OWNED 90% of the FLASHI cars, it will be safe to say you're living on past glory.
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by Originalsly: 12:17pm On Sep 10, 2013
Just derailing the post for a minute and going back to the thread.....this is only one guy and he be doing this for 3 years...can you imagine how much counterfeit notes are in circulation throughout Nigeria ?...all coming from the same source? My problem is with the police...why didn't they go after the supplier? Thanks for reading...feel free to go back to tribal war.
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by moscobabs(m): 12:35pm On Sep 10, 2013
[quote author=adbaba][/quote]
Quote me well if u wanna quote me..ok? did I mention any tribe?
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by SPEED5: 12:50pm On Sep 10, 2013
Fools, d seller of d fake notes is not igbo
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by linearity: 12:58pm On Sep 10, 2013
Youths with clubs and fist are gradually becoming the first responders in Nigeria.

The Police are merely the Prosecuting and bribe collecting agency of this new order.

The lady, knowing this turns to the youths instead of wasting her time calling the Police, good job to the lady trader and bravo to our youths, the frontline enforcers of law and order in Nigeria.

Imagine how differently, this would have turned out had the trader called the Police? The most likely outcome is, the Police will not show up or in the event they showed up, the guy would have long gone, leaving the trader holding the fake note. The Police wanting a payday or bribe out of the situation will ask the trader to wet their palm, if she refuses; they will charge her to court for possessing fake Nigeria currency, the Judge will not believe her version of the story since she does not have the resources to bring in the real culprit or in the real situation where she knows and bring in the real culprits; in an attempt to cover their tracks, the Police will prep the guy and he will lie on stand against the trader and she will end up in Kirikiri for years all because she thought the Police is her friend and she called them instead of the Youths.

On a side note, if 15 fake currency notes were found on this guy, why was he only charged with one count of possessing fake currency notes? The IPO should borrow a leave from their US counterpart and amend the charge sheets to 15 counts...moreso, this guy admitted in doing this for the past three years...
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by lekkie073(m): 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2013
But d man is undecided
SPEED5: Fools, d seller of d fake notes is not igbo
Zida ozegba is from where.
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by 01mcfadden(m): 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2013
moscobabs: Kidnapping....................na them
./
/
/
/
/
/

hw d heck did u escape 4rm d zoo?
Dnt wori,u wl b returned 2 wher u rightfuly blong.
Ewu Gambia.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benjamin Onwuka Reappears, Remanded In Prison / ₦10.9 Billion Fraud: Court Jails Ex-Finbank MD, Nwosu, Three Others / Army Intercepts 37 Suspected Wives And Children Of Boko Haram Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.