Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,983 members, 7,814,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office (10210 Views)

Dasuki Loses Bid To Stop His Trial / Badeh Loses Bid To Stop Trial / Oduah Loses Bid To Stop Bulletproof Cars Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by mrking3(m): 2:49am On Sep 10, 2013
The Alhaji Kawu Baraje-led faction of the Peoples Democratic Party on Monday lost its bid to obtain an order of court to re-open its secretariat in Abuja which was sealed off by the police on September 7.

The Lagos High Court in Ikeja presided over by Justice Ganiyu Safari refused to grant the order, saying the faction failed to back its allegation with sufficient evidence to show that it was the Alhaji Bamanga Tukur-led PDP that used the police to seal off the secretariat.

Safari said he could not give an order for the re-opening of the secretariat when none of the respondents, including Tukur, had any “direct control” on the police.

While re-affirming its September 2 ruling in which he ordered parties to maintain the status quo, he urged the Baraje faction to file any evidence in its possession linking the respondents to the sealing of the secretariat.

The judge also said the claimants were at liberty to file a separate application against the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Mohammed Abubakar, if they had evidence to show that the police had sealed off the secretariat on their own volition.

Counsel for the Baraje faction, Mr. Robert Emukpoeruo, had alleged that it was the Tukur-led executive that used the police to seal off his clients’ secretariat.

Emukpoeruo alleged that the action was in breach of the order of the September 2 ruling which asked parties to maintain the status quo.

He said, “After they filed papers they deployed and stationed Armoured Personnel Carrier in the secretariat.

“We are praying your Lordship to order them to move their APC from the secretariat whether injunction has been granted or not; or whether injunction is being sought or not.”

In his response, counsel for Tukur and others, Mr. Ajibola Oluyede, argued that it was the Baraje faction who had flouted the September 2 order by going ahead to set up a secretariat after the court ordered the parties to maintain the status quo.

He said he was contemplating filing a contempt suit against the respondents for allegedly flouting the order.

Oluyede, who described Emukpoeruo’s allegation as a “mere emotional outburst,” argued that the claimants failed to adduce any evidence to back the allegations and that the police had, out of their discretion, sealed off the secretariat.

He said, “Under that circumstance, only the police can tell your Lordship what prompted them to seal off the offices. So it is only the proper respondents that can answer that question. Unfortunately, they are not here. My clients are not the proper respondents.”

Both parties also disagreed on what was truly the status quo referred to in the September 2 ruling.

Oluyede said the “status quo ante” referred to the “legal National Executive Committee” that was in existence before “some rebels” went to announce another faction of the party.

But Emukpoeruo said the status quo was referring to the state of the affairs before APC was deployed in his client’s secretariat.

Earlier, there was a squabble over who was to represent the Tukur-led PDP, but the court later ruled that it would only accord recognition to Oluyede for being the one to first file response to the suit and the only counsel on record.

Oluyede maintained that he was instructed by Tukur on the telephone to enter defence for the respondents.

But the two other lawyers, Messrs Onwuka Igwe and Emeka Etiaba, had laid claim to separate instructions from the National Legal Adviser of the party, Mr. Victor Kwon, to represent the respondents.

Baraje, Dr. Sam Jaja and the Secretary of the ‘New PDP’, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola; and the PDP (as the fourth defendant), had filed the suit against Tukur and three other members of his National Executive Committee.

The other defendants in the suit are the Deputy National Chairman of the party, Uche Secondus; Women Leader, Dr. Kema Chikwe; and the National Publicity Secretary, Olisah Metuh.

The claimants stated in their interlocutory application dated September 2, 2013 that they are suing “for themselves and on behalf of the National Executive Committee of the PDP elected on August 30, 2013.”

Source: www.punchng.com/news/new-pdp-loses-bid-to-re-open-office/
Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by mrking3(m): 3:20am On Sep 10, 2013
New Pdp or Old Pdp! Both are same old poo!! Same caliber of looters! Rogues or what have you?

Having said that, I wish to express my profound Gratitude. To Seun and His Crew for †ђξ privilege of hitting †ђξ Front Page twice this year! I think its a Remarkable Achievement for me! Here on Nairaland! And finally, I wish to Congratulate myself for being †ђξ First to comment!!

Thank you!!

1 Like

Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by BekeeBuAgbara: 4:23am On Sep 10, 2013
Original PDP 1, counterfeit pdp 0 grin grin

16 Likes

Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by agbameta: 4:34am On Sep 10, 2013
Shouldn't they be seeking injuction against the Nigerian police instead of the other PDP clowns?

Looking at the positive side of the ongoing PDP skelewu drama, they are giving Nigerians priceless reasons why they must get rid of anything PDP for Nigeria to move forward and away from the dirt and shame called PDP..
Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by Goddex: 6:06am On Sep 10, 2013
The clowns keep disgracing themselves.
There is only one PDP.

10 Likes

Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by Nobody: 6:10am On Sep 10, 2013
pdp is a disgrace to democracy

4 Likes

Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by petrov10: 6:17am On Sep 10, 2013
mr_king: New Pdp or Old Pdp! Both are same old poo!! Same caliber of looters! Rogues or what have you?
apc aint diffrent

7 Likes

Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by genxris: 6:32am On Sep 10, 2013
Confusionist new pdp.......
They want the court to support their illegality.

3 Likes

Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by Nobody: 6:45am On Sep 10, 2013
We need independent candidature in elections nothing else
Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by yahrant140(m): 7:02am On Sep 10, 2013
Is only idoit will annoyed when his action bring reaction.

2 Likes

Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by Kingspin(m): 7:04am On Sep 10, 2013
The court is 360% right for not reopen pirated product.. Pirated fellow are the ones buying fake products including APC, Buhari. T.boy.

2 Likes

Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by Danhumprey: 7:22am On Sep 10, 2013
Am confused. Which one be 'old' PDP and 'new' PDP? Are they not the same PDP we know?
Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by Fazhy: 1:22pm On Sep 10, 2013
Do they really need a physical structure as office. They have announced their NWC members. that I believe is their 'real' office. A meeting place can be anywhere.

Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by wellmax(m): 1:22pm On Sep 10, 2013
yahrant140: Is only idoit will annoyed when his action bring reaction.

Hmmm, see English.. ASUU strike is really taking its toll on you.

3 Likes

Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by Lilaex: 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2013
....•
Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by Bantino(m): 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2013
Please let all these power mongers be civil for once. Enough of this rubbish. New PDP, old PDP my foot
Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by Lilaex: 1:25pm On Sep 10, 2013
yahrant140: Is only idoit will annoyed when his action bring reaction.

Wetin u day talk sef.?
u well,,?
Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by Lilaex: 1:26pm On Sep 10, 2013
Yungwizzzy: pdp is a disgrace to democracy

So is Apc...

2 Likes

Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by Handel22(m): 1:26pm On Sep 10, 2013
mr_king: New Pdp or Old Pdp! Both are same old poo!! Same caliber of looters! Rogues or what have you?
its d same old story
Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by Fazhy: 1:30pm On Sep 10, 2013
Earlier, there was a squabble over who was to represent the Tukur-led PDP, but the court later ruled that it would only accord recognition to Oluyede for being the one to first file response to the suit and the only counsel on record.

Oluyede maintained that he was instructed by Tukur on the telephone to enter defence for the respondents.

But the two other lawyers, Messrs Onwuka Igwe and Emeka Etiaba, had laid claim to separate instructions from the National Legal Adviser of the party, Mr. Victor Kwon, to represent the respondents.

grin See lawyers. You guys can see all these PDP drama is good for the lawyers. grin
Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by Fishout(m): 1:35pm On Sep 10, 2013
AWON RADARADA,BOTH OLD ND NEW WILL NOT SUCCED..
Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2013
Wait o! Did i make front page?

Yap! I did!
Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by donguutti: 1:42pm On Sep 10, 2013
New Pdp to judge

'Your lordship please order them to remove their APC from our secretariat'

so Old pdp used APC to lock up new Pdp secretariat,i wonder when labour and APGA would show up
Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by omoawori(m): 1:44pm On Sep 10, 2013
Am still wondering if all this if for the benefit of the pple....
Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by dareyking(m): 1:46pm On Sep 10, 2013
Permission to feast on Fp......hmmmm...yuummmmmmmyy...Well i tink the nPDP went to the wrong direction the NPF was so supposed to be their startin Point...So go bak to the drawing board en apply fresh charges...Dividends Of A Democratic Dispensation....Darelee Nairalee.
Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by dareyking(m): 1:47pm On Sep 10, 2013
Permission to feast on Fp......hmmmm...yuummmmmmmyy...Well i tink the nPDP went to the wrong direction the NPF was so supposed to be their Accused in this Case...So go bak to the drawing board en apply fresh charges...Dividends Of A Democratic Dispensation....Darelee Nairalee.
Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2013
Yungwizzzy: pdp is a disgrace to democracy

Democracy? What we have in Nigeria is not democracy. What we practice in Nigeria is civilian rule.
Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by agrovick(m): 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2013
Mukina2 thanks for the ban o cos nw am back and better making front page like garri. BTW naija i hail
Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by Kairoseki77: 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2013
Jungle politicians and jungle politics!

The judge should be ashamed of himself. Thankfully for him, he is a Nigerian judge and has no shame.

Sometimes I wonder if we are all going to burn in hell fire. Then I come to Nairaland and it is confirmed.
Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by confusion247(m): 1:55pm On Sep 10, 2013
omo_ awori: Am still wondering if all this if for the benefit of the pple....
No it can't be for the benefit of the people, all the ruforufo dance is to please the northerners and their western slaves.
Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by Kairoseki77: 1:57pm On Sep 10, 2013
genxris: Confusionist new pdp.......
They want the court to support their illegality.

Have they broken any laws by forming a new faction?

Your family will be held in jail and mistreated by the police because you wrote this nonsense. Some of us would like to see Naija turn into a first world country before we die while you are busy spouting this nonsense in public.

A thousand curses I wish upon you. May god/Allah/Buddha/science have mercy upon your eternal soul,
Re: New PDP Loses Bid To Re-open Office by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2013
Failed People, they keep failing in their efforts.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari / INEC Clears Ize-iyamu, Obaseki, 17 Others For Edo Guber Poll. / FG Takes 20% Equity In Abia Economic City, Says Ikpeazu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.