Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,006 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators (15965 Views)

Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest / NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   / Presidency To Spend N654.02m On Generators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 10, 2013
cachal: Only a fool will vote for this government in the coming election, A government who sees importation of Generator as a means to make some cool cash.. the simple message NERC is passing, is electricity will never be steady till 2020..

Only a fool will not protest such policy
Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by Beaf1: 9:58am On Sep 10, 2013
buffenuff: Good thinking, if the supply of generators decreases, the supply of electricity should increase according to the law of ..mm

^
According to the law what? cheesy
Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by ballabriggs: 9:59am On Sep 10, 2013
OVOKO!!! Another chop I chop policy.

This Chairman must be smiling to the bank once this comes into effect.

Sam Amadi O, abeg who sabi Sam Amadi daughter here? The man done hammer! N1000 times 10000000 I pass my neighbour na wetin?

Choi say no to cassava bread
Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by AkamuandStew: 10:03am On Sep 10, 2013
Thank God for candle....
Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by Jaideyone(m): 10:05am On Sep 10, 2013
This country is messed up.
Power supply is on the decrease while NEPA bill increases yet NERC wants to charge people that generate their power themselves!!!
This is the federal government's way of further impoverishing the already poor masses.
This extra cost of power generation by individual organisations (tailors, barbers, fast foods, etc) would be passed down to the final consumers (the masses).

3 Likes

Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by kingbang: 10:10am On Sep 10, 2013
Stupid policy!!! This simply means the end-users (Nigerians) will now have to pay more for generators. Why not ban the damn thing totally?. Am beginning to question this government's integrity and honesty in tackling our problems. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by Horus(m): 10:28am On Sep 10, 2013
Soon there will be a tax for the importation of candles

1 Like

Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 10, 2013
Very good move by the Government, Import duties of solar equipment should be zeroed.

Meanwhile, by 2014 January, I will not be using generating sets anyone, I am going 99% solar and 1% PHCN, no matter the cost.

1 Like

Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 10, 2013
taharqa: How is it that many of you chaps reason backwards; and do so confidently, in public??

you are the one reasoning backwards!!

why should the government decide to make money from importers of generating sets??

well, I know the money made won't be channeled. to the power sector, only to their Swiss bank accounts....

while we, the final consumers suffer with the increased price of a small generating set!!!

I AM ASHAMED OF THIS COUNTRY!!!!!!!
Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by tayo4me(f): 10:40am On Sep 10, 2013
Obinoscopy: Its a good move if and only if FG can efficiently channel the money generated into the power sector.

Please explain how this is a good move. Should we even be importing generating sets in the first place?
Govt is not providing basic amenities, yet they want to make money off us again.
The price of generating sets is definitely going up *sad*
Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 10, 2013
Billyonaire: Very good move by the Government, Import duties of solar equipment should be zeroed.

Meanwhile, by 2014 January, I will not be using generating sets anyone, I am going 99% solar and 1% PHCN, no matter the cost.

I am seriously interested in this solar. stuff......
Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 10, 2013
And somebody still thinks this country really has plans for uninterupted power supply. The poor masses will suffer the more..this simply means the price of generating sets will sky rocket. GEJ ur enemies are within..pretending to be your friends...introducing anti masses policies. I remember the initial gragra..u appointed ursef power minister....nothing eventually came out. All of una wey like to vote....me go dey my house that day. I will not suffer mysef to vote for any party.

1 Like

Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 10, 2013
temidire222:

I am seriously interested in this solar. stuff......

Start from Inverter system and upgrade gradually and you will enjoy it.
Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by Horus(m): 10:49am On Sep 10, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqKuYesiUJ4

[size=15pt]Nigerian Teenagers Girls Invent a Urine-Powered Generator[/size]
Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by Osama10(m): 10:50am On Sep 10, 2013
Very soon these morons would charge us for inverter too,hopeless country and leaders.
Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by secnelly: 10:51am On Sep 10, 2013
I forsee the price of generators becoming cheaper. If you doubt, ask google.
Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by ogaju007(m): 10:57am On Sep 10, 2013
another dumb move buy Naija govt. People only buy gen in the absence of steady electricity supply by the govt. Why penalize the masses for your incompetence?

2 Likes

Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by ogaju007(m): 11:01am On Sep 10, 2013
Horus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqKuYesiUJ4

[size=15pt]Nigerian Teenagers Girls Invent a Urine-Powered Generator[/size]

This is really good. Is anyone sponsoring this? if not please how can i contact these people? My face is like simon cowell's face right now... grin grin grin i don hammer grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by eunisam: 11:01am On Sep 10, 2013
I dont understand this thread,please those that understand big english should explain in small english.
Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 10, 2013
taharqa: How is it that many of you chaps reason backwards; and do so confidently, in public??
look at this paid pdp thug, if you dont ve anythin sensible to say, u better shut up.

2 Likes

Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 10, 2013
Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by moshoodn(m): 11:16am On Sep 10, 2013
Still on still.....

I'll always love my country no matter how thrashed up she may be now.

God abeg, intervene small for Naija matter.
Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by sarujaSA(m): 11:17am On Sep 10, 2013
Promhize: Hmm, anybody that falls for this...
Any government official should charge me for generator, aswear we will die there ni.
If den born any NERC official well, una don dey craze 4 dis country

Only a fool will not protest dis stupid obnoxious policy

Truly, but it's charge on importation not individual/consumer. Meanwhile, they dare not
Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by toxco: 11:20am On Sep 10, 2013
cachal: Only a fool will vote for this government in the coming election, A government who sees importation of Generator as a means to make some cool cash.. the simple message NERC is passing, is electricity will never be steady till 2020..
Not only 2020, it is for life... mayb till d world end sha.
Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by UyiIredia(m): 11:25am On Sep 10, 2013
Also put charges on private jets, bulletproof Prado's and luxury goods while you are at it.
Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by Samxiulee: 11:26am On Sep 10, 2013
Billyonaire: Very good move by the Government, Import duties of solar equipment should be zeroed.

you,insincere 9grian and GEJ,I dont know who is the most clueless,by the time we moderates are thinking of backing GEJ against the Northern establishment,you guys come out with (stwepid)(foolish) policies,
1st you increase myto without increase in power?
2nd we pay 750 naira whether there is power or not,

you only increase duties on things that we produce,we dont produce generators,we dont produce enough power,instead of duties why dont we put subsidy on inverter and solar panels?

seriously am upset....if NASS/NLC refuse to do something about this.........well we shall see.
rightnow my pendulum has swing back to anti GEJ mode.

1 Like

Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by victorv12(m): 11:29am On Sep 10, 2013
The moment the 25 geese levy is effective, the wholesalers will jack up the price for the retailers, and the retailers will definitely increase their price for the consumers.

Nigerians should just forget anything about stable electricity! Everybody should get their gen at a jacked up rates. I think it's a pipe dream if we are allowing these monkeys to keep deceiving us about stable electricity.

The cost of living in Nigeria is growing at a gargantuan rate! This enormous rate-enhancing will take us no where.
Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by awodman: 11:32am On Sep 10, 2013
Bad business for Atiku's MIKANO....and others
Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by mekaboy(m): 11:33am On Sep 10, 2013
Everybody looking for a way to milk Nigerians dry. Won't this affect the consumers finally? Won't the importer add this to the sale price?

Who suffers in the end? The masses.

Will the increase in generator price produce electricity? Why no give Nigerians steady electricity and see if anyone will still go for generators?

This is how people go about making laws to enrich themselves and the masses swallow.

The have increased the electricity meter charges to 750 without any electricity.

The police wakes up and says they are starting biometric vehicle registration, Nigerias will pay 3500 for it. So pple register their cars two times, is it the responsibility of police to register cars?

Now they are putting 25k on gen import, what problem will this solve?

Soon NCC will dig up one research and say that Nigerians spend billions of dollars weekly on the internet. So they will stay charging N50 for each 100 a service provider sells to the users.
Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by mekaboy(m): 11:34am On Sep 10, 2013
Everybody looking for a way to milk Nigerians dry. Won't this affect the consumers finally? Won't the importer add this to the sale price?

Who suffers in the end? The masses.

Will the increase in generator price produce electricity? Why no give Nigerians steady electricity and see if anyone will still go for generators?

This is how people go about making laws to enrich themselves and the masses swallow.

The have increased the electricity meter charges to 750 without any electricity.

The police wakes up and says they are starting biometric vehicle registration, Nigerias will pay 3500 for it. So pple register their cars two times, is it the responsibility of police to register cars?

Now they are putting 25k on gen import, what problem will this solve?

Soon NCC will dig up one research and say that Nigerians spend billions of dollars weekly on the internet. So they will stay charging N50 for each 100 a service provider sells to the users.

I guess that is the only time NL members will protest.
Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by roxell120(m): 11:55am On Sep 10, 2013
every leadership position in this country is headed by a clown. can someone plz interprete this policy to me? im in the dark. they just want to perpetually keep us in darkness with no option. so sad
Re: NERC Introduces N25,000 Levy On Generators by ceejayluv(m): 12:00pm On Sep 10, 2013
buffenuff: Good thinking, if the supply of generators decreases, the supply of electricity should increase according to the law of ..mm
Well, the #250 surcharge on a household Gen cannot really deter one from buying... The 100kva sets cost millions so 25k is chicken feed.
It'll only generate revenue for the commission.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Restructuring: Tambuwal Chairs Northern Governor & Traditional Rulers' Meeting / Nsima Ekere Clashes With Victor Udofia, Ibanga Akpabio / 2023: APC Chieftains, Hundreds Of Supporters Defect To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.