Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,428 members, 7,846,785 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Lagos: Police Arrest 32-year-old Man For 10 Murders. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos: Police Arrest 32-year-old Man For 10 Murders. (1045 Views)

Lagos Police Arrest Manager, Worker For Hoarding Fuel / Lagos Police Arrest Herbalist Who Makes Charms For Robbers / 32-year-old Engineer In Police Net For Molesting Primary School Pupil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos: Police Arrest 32-year-old Man For 10 Murders. by Gbawe: 9:52am On Sep 10, 2013
Our judicial arm is a big disgrace. How can they continue to undermine justice by releasing this man to go and commit more murder and mayhem against Nigerians? Bail terrorists, bail kidnappers, bail armed robbers and bail serial killers!!! In civilised climes this guy, with his love of serial killing, will never see daylight !!! What a Nation.

http://odili.net/news/source/2013/sep/9/841.html

Lagos: Police arrest 32-year-old man for 10 murders

by Eniola Akinkuotu

The Lagos State Police Command has apprehended a 32-year-old man, Adigun Muda, in connection with some murders in the Mushin and Fadeyi areas of the state.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the suspect was arrested at South Africa Visa Application centre on Billingsway, Ikeja.

According to police authorities, the suspect, who is also an alleged leader of cult, has been linked to the killings of over 10 youths between 2010 and 2013.

The police added that the suspect had, in the past, been declared wanted by the police, charged for murder and was remanded at Ikoyi Prison for over a year.

According to police sources, after being charged with murder at a magistrate's court, the suspect, with the help of some influential members of his community, was able to obtain a motion for bail application and was released under controversial circumstances.

It was learnt that after his release, the suspect allegedly went after those who had collaborated with the police to arrest him.

The suspect was said to have killed more youths in the area and was declared wanted again by the police. All attempts to arrest him had proved abortive.

However, it was learnt that a team of policemen attached to Area D Command, Mushin, remained on Muda's trail.

It was learnt that the resilience paid off last Thursday when the policemen, led by the Area Commander, ACP Omololu Bishi, arrested him at the visa application centre with travel documents.

A police source said, "Around 2pm on that day, a team of policemen on patrol duty, rushed to the scene and arrested the suspect.

"We found forged documents on him including a fake identity card portraying the suspect as a supervisor with the Lagos State Waste Management Agency.

"Upon interrogation, he confessed that he was a member of Confraternity, and had killed many people. He mentioned other members of his gang and we will continue to make more arrests. We have transferred him to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Yaba."

Policemen attached to the Homicide Department at the SCID told PUNCH Metro that investigations were on to unravel the mystery behind Muda's previous release.

A police detective said, "We did our job and charged this guy (Muda) to court. We have arrested and charged him three times but he continues to find his way out of prison. This frustrates our job and we want the government to look into this."

Muda's arrest ignited celebrations in Mushin as youths narrated some of their experiences in the hands of the suspect.

A victim, Toheeb Sodiq, who spoke to our correspondent from the hospital bed, said he was shot three times by the suspect.

He said, "On August 4, 2013, I was at the entrance of Lawani Street when four armed men led by Muda, started shooting at me and left me for dead. They shot me three times. Muda and his gang members have been terrorising us for a long time. This is indeed an achievement for the police."

Police sources told our correspondent that Muda was the one who led thugs to wreak havoc at a naming ceremony on Alhaji Lasisi Street.

PUNCH Metro had reported on May 20, 2013, that at the naming ceremony on Alhaji Ota Street, the suspect and his gang members shot one Yinka and later killed three others in an attack that lasted for three days.

Meanwhile, it was learnt that policemen had beefed up security in Mushin as Muda's gang members were said to have threatened to carry out reprisals for his arrest.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide, confirmed Muda's arrest to our correspondent on the telephone.

"The suspect has been transferred to the SCID. Investigations will reveal all his crimes," she said.
Re: Lagos: Police Arrest 32-year-old Man For 10 Murders. by playdude(m): 9:53am On Sep 10, 2013
God Help Nigeria, there are things you fail to understand everyday, how can he be released under 'Controversial' circumstances? Someone who is a criminal, and how r we sure those controversies won't repeat themselves this tyme?
Na wa ohhh.
Re: Lagos: Police Arrest 32-year-old Man For 10 Murders. by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 10, 2013
This is why I am totally in support of extra-judicial killing of these beasts, whether by the police or by concerned members of the public. Nigeria's criminal justice system is a hot mess, and in order to ensure some level of sanity in our society, it is often expedient to do things the old-fashioned way. How many innocent lives would have been saved if this animal had been wasted by the police the first time he was arrested?
Re: Lagos: Police Arrest 32-year-old Man For 10 Murders. by Gbawe: 11:05am On Sep 10, 2013
pro01: This is why I am totally in support of extra-judicial killing of these beasts, whether by the police or by concerned members of the public. Nigeria's criminal justice system is a hot mess, and in order to ensure some level of sanity in our society, it is often expedient to do things the old-fashioned way. How many innocent lives would have been saved if this animal had been wasted by the police the first time he was arrested?

I have never been and can never be a fan of extra-judicial killing but agree that this guy's case leaves a very bad taste in the mouth and makes a powerful argument on behalf of those who feel taking the law into their own hands is a legitimate solution in a nation where the judiciary has abandoned its duty and constituted itself into a compromised and grave nuisance failing and endangering the people.

When the judiciary, because of corruption, callously puts the lives and property of Nigerians in jeopardy it will not be long before frustrated Nigerians conclude they have no choice but to embrace self-help. What, for god sake, is to be done about a murderer who continues to be released by the judiciary to commit more murders? What a Country.
Re: Lagos: Police Arrest 32-year-old Man For 10 Murders. by debetmx(m): 11:06am On Sep 10, 2013
pro01: This is why I am totally in support of extra-judicial killing of these beasts, whether by the police or by concerned members of the public. Nigeria's criminal justice system is a hot mess, and in order to ensure some level of sanity in our society, it is often expedient to do things the old-fashioned way. How many innocent lives would have been saved if this animal had been wasted by the police the first time he was arrested?

I hope extra-judicial killing does not consume you one day. I have read the experience of some people who nearly got killed on trump up charges. I read the story of a guy here on NL who was wrongly accused of theft while he struggling for bus with an old man. I pray it never happens to you,.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Police Arrest 32-year-old Man For 10 Murders. by petrov10: 11:27am On Sep 10, 2013
He should be given hot wax to drink.......I'm pretty sure he must be thirsty
Re: Lagos: Police Arrest 32-year-old Man For 10 Murders. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2013
debetmx:

I hope extra-judicial killing does not consume you one day. I have read the experience of some people who nearly got killed on trump up charges. I read the story of a guy here on NL who was wrongly accused of theft while he struggling for bus with an old man. I pray it never happens to you,.

Amen. I actually don't support jungle justice for "suspects" in the real sense of the word. we're talking about certified and confirmed beasts here, for whom no doubt exists about their involvement in violent activities against law-abiding members of the public.

When notorious armed robbers, kidnappers and murderers are apprehended, there is no need for coirt trials - since their guilt is not in doubt. they shoukd be wasted immediately. I'm not talking about casually accusing people of crimes and then proceeding to kill them based on suspicion.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Army Kill 40 In Fresh Operation In Borno / Fake Army Officer Arrested For Rape [photo] / What Comes To Mind When You See Kuje?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.