Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,534 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Should A Born Again Christian Baptise By Imersion Twice? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Born Again Christian Baptise By Imersion Twice? (1130 Views)

Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Can A Born Again Give A Head During Sex? / How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Born Again Christian Baptise By Imersion Twice? by Sattors(m): 9:42pm On Sep 10, 2013
Have been baptised by imersion in a particular church & i was issued the certicate. I relocated & join my present church (RCCG), have told my pastor that i cant be baptise twice when he came up with the issue of baptism but he took me to Acts 19, even after reading that passage, am still not convince about re-baptism. Does anybody in the room have anything to say abt this? I need your opinion plssss.
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Baptise By Imersion Twice? by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 11, 2013
Thanks. Around early September or late August last year, a circular from Daddy Adeboye was read that it should no longer be made compulsory if the person is show that he or she was truly baptised in his former Church by immersion. Ask your Pastor to check his records for it , since it was read to my hearing then . Let me know the feedback of what he said. My email is: writersmoney@gmail.com .
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Baptise By Imersion Twice? by Sattors(m): 10:22am On Sep 11, 2013
@writersmoney, Thank u very much i will give u the feed back.
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Baptise By Imersion Twice? by Rhemar(m): 1:04pm On Sep 11, 2013
Provided u were baptized just d way it was specified in d bible then u nid not av 2 be re-baptized bt if otherwise then d first baptism does nt count.
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Baptise By Imersion Twice? by luluosas(m): 9:17pm On Sep 11, 2013
My dear, don't even bother about it at all, as the practice of double water baptism by immersion of RCCG has no biblical backing.
Here is my Blog I wrote to condemn the double baptism by immersion of RCCG www.emwanta..com/2013/06/rccg-un-biblical-practice-over-water.html?m=1
Meanwhile, RCCG today is concentrating on water baptism as a yardstick to becoming a worker in the mission but, a look at Mark 16:16 declared "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved: but he that believeth not shall be damned. You see, the heartbeat of Jesus is for people to be save, not the unnecessary double standard of water baptism. Okay, if that's even the case, what about those who are saved but not baptized yet, does it mean they will go to hell should they die now?
As for the book of Acts 19 the pastor referred you, what took place there was not water baptism but the baptism of the Holy Spirit. This is because these twelve people Paul asked whether they've received the Holy Ghost since they believed on Jesus confirmed their water baptism to Paul. As Paul met them as disciples already, why didn't he asked them about water baptism at first?
We should therefore not forget that, John the Baptist spoke about his own type of baptism which is water (immersion), and Jesus type of baptism which is the baptism of the Holy Ghost Matthew 3:11. Water baptism is the baptism of repentance, not the other way round. By the way, did Jesus baptized twice?
However, since Paul met them already disciples of Jesus Christ, I am sure he assumed that they must have been baptized already by immersion according to John's baptism hence, he asked after their Holy Spirit in-dwelling. Acts 19:1-7 never make mention of water baptism so, why are people alluding it to mean water baptism just to paint their unbiblical practice as biblical?
May the Almighty God open our eyes of understanding in Jesus name, amen. Thank you.

Acts 19:1-7 Good News Translation (GNT)
Paul in Ephesus
1 While Apollos was in Corinth, Paul traveled through the interior of the province and arrived in Ephesus. There he found some disciples
2 and asked them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you became believers?”
“We have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit,” they answered.
3 “Well, then, what kind of baptism did you receive?” Paul asked. “The baptism of John,” they answered.
4 Paul said, “The baptism of John was for those who turned from their sins; and he told the people of Israel to believe in the one who was coming after him—that is, in Jesus.”
5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
6 Paul placed his hands on them, and the Holy Spirit came upon them; they spoke in strange tongues and also proclaimed God's message.

7 They were about twelve men in all.
Re: Should A Born Again Christian Baptise By Imersion Twice? by mumumugu(m): 11:03pm On Sep 11, 2013
Do u know that rainfall is baptism

(1) (Reply)

Journey Of Life Without Jesus / My Own Experience In Church Today / Femi Arigbisala, By What Authority Are You Preachin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.