Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! (34419 Views)

Do You Think You Are Ready For Marriage? See This / If You Didn't Play With These Dolls As A Girl,you Are N't Ripe For Marriage@pic / When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by 4C2215131: 4:05pm On Sep 11, 2013
chiwuike20:
Yea, mentorship is substantial. Any man planning a family must have a married man or men he emulates his or their leadership qualities in family matters. None of them may possess all d leadership traits he needs to start up his own family, but all he needs may be distributed among all d parties emulated.
$

You seem to not take cognizance of the fact that 'Mentor(ship)' is a double edged sword,good and bad. That seemingly good modus operandi that your mentor adopts to keep his family in line may not just augur well for you. Different strokes for different folks.

You want to modify the modus operandi? Then he may no longer be your mentor as the average Nigerian 'mentor' doesn't subscribe nor care much for his supposed wisdom and authority being questioned. Statements like "what do you know,you are just a child,take it from someone who's been married for 100 yrs..." would be the order of the day should you deign to deviate from prescribed instructions. God help you if by some freakish twist of faith you prove them right. Guess it's a cultural trait that is well ensconced in the fiber of our being.

That being said should one be fortunate enough to have a true mentor,it is indeed a welcome development.

1 Like

Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by ayusco85(m): 4:18pm On Sep 11, 2013
missyparis: wch gods

Are u not A̶̲̥̅ nigerian? U knw them na undecided
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by elynneyo(f): 4:20pm On Sep 11, 2013
Nice write up dear.
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by Kirinwa: 4:25pm On Sep 11, 2013
adexsimply: If I hear..
Na by force to get mentor? undecided

Just wondering too.
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by moscobabs(m): 4:34pm On Sep 11, 2013
if u are a woman and u are not ready to work thinking u wanna be full house wife.......u are not ready for marriage
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by chuksme(m): 4:41pm On Sep 11, 2013
Thank you very much.I love this thread.
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by Slowvenom(m): 4:42pm On Sep 11, 2013
Good one, am intrested 4 more, my Eba neva finish abeg mk I contnu
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by BunnyB(f): 4:45pm On Sep 11, 2013
Nice write up.
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by Ishilove: 4:49pm On Sep 11, 2013
Mintayo: 15 ways to know if you're ready for Marriage:

(2). If you don't like anyone invading your space,you are not ready.

(5). If you believe you are who you are and no one can change that,you're not ready.

Guilty. Does that mean I'm not ready?? embarassed
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by ayantolamary: 4:54pm On Sep 11, 2013
nt jst ready
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by odeku457(m): 4:54pm On Sep 11, 2013
Read through it all @ OP and = I AM NOT READY....

Shikena.
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by MrAboki: 4:54pm On Sep 11, 2013
This post has been removed by Mr. Aboki.. for no real reason.. :p

1 Like

Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by adexsimply(m): 4:57pm On Sep 11, 2013
chiwuike20:
Yea, mentorship is substantial. Any man planning a family must have a married man or men he emulates his or their leadership qualities in family matters. None of them may possess all d leadership traits he needs to start up his own family, but all he needs may be distributed among all d parties emulated.
I don hear o..But I'm my own mentor..So I no fit marry shey? ok now angry
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by BobbyTimmy12: 5:04pm On Sep 11, 2013
#FACT#
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by dabrake(m): 5:18pm On Sep 11, 2013
(5) If you believe you are who you are and no one can change that, you're not ready.
E be like say this OP don dey mad abi?
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by BitonKaiser: 5:26pm On Sep 11, 2013
Hmmm...Its whole lot involved
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 11, 2013
Yoshi-Master:
After checking my account balance, I have decided that I'm not ready, I refuse for my children to grow up to be garri warriors.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 11, 2013
Hmmm now I know am ready for marriage after reading this,my groom should better come fast oh! grin grin grin
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 11, 2013

(1). If you believe that you must always have the last say in an argument,you are not ready for marriage.

(3). If you're a lady,and you don't cook or don't like to,your marriage is not likely to be easy or funny.

(4). If you always say things exactly how they come to your mind not caring who is hurt,your marriage is likely to crash.

(5). If you believe you are who you are and no one can change that,you're not ready.

(6). If you think about others when you've fully sorted yourself out,you're not ready.

(7). If you are so good about holding a grudge and you will only let go when you feel like,stay unmarried.

(.8.). If you're a man and you are not engaged in ventures or a process in time that can financially take care of your immediate family and
beyond,you need to give yourself a few more years to be ready.

(9). If as a man,you're easily swayed and pressurized to do things against your wish,you are not ready for marriage.

(10). If you believe that women at best should be good in bed and kitchen affairs only,you will end up having a bitter and subdued wife;stay away.

(11). If your mind can't conceive the thought of having a more successful wife,even if it is temporary,then you have little growing up to do.

(12). If you have no confidence in your capability and your future,you have no business taking someone else with you.

(13). If as a man,you don't have a mentor or leader you follow,listen or defer to,you're not going to be able to lead your family.

(14). If you can't have wedding ceremony within a budget you can personally afford,give yourself more time. Who says you can't have 20 guests or less at your wedding? Cut your coat according to your cloth and take responsibility. As a man, you can define how small or large you want your wedding ceremony to be and be able to handle it.

(15). If you have anger problem such that you can destroy things when you are angry, get a therapist to help you in managing it. Otherwise engage God's help for the change you seek. With anger issues,you're a disaster waiting to explode.
Marriage is an investment, what you put into it is what comes out of it!
You Want to Add Something?
(Judith Imagoro).

OP learn to give reliable source.
Source: Information Nigeria www.informationng.com
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by 30secs(m): 5:40pm On Sep 11, 2013
OP Bleep you... I get all doz traits but I over ready for marriage!
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 11, 2013
1. If you are a christian and you want to marry another person from another religion (islam, judaism, buddah or atheism etc) then you are breeding a failed marriage automatically (2 Corinthians 6:14-18, proverbs 27:17)
2. If you aren't born again yet you claim you are a christian who wants to marry then you are preparing expressway for the devil to destroy your life.
3. If you rely on your strength when searching for your partner and not GODs direction then you would end up shattered and battered and in divorce.
4. If a man or a lady doesn't have a sound matured character, such individual shouldn't get married (don't marry anyone without good character)
5. A man who doesn't respect a woman no matter who she is, isn't ready to marry.
6. A lady who can not imagine herself being submissive even when she's right isn't ready for marriage.
7. If that lady/man you are with cannot see your worth, doesn't see your future potentials and can't combine to achieve a common vision and dream with you but only see your materialistic physical assets or bodily endowment then you are heading for trouble better break off such relationship.
8. If a man wants to marry you yet he isn't having a decent legitimate job that ensure he feed and takes care of basic needs pls dnt rush into such marriage.
9. Ladies don't always think of only marrying men who have made it big in life. God wants you to start from somewhere and grow up/progress (Don't despise your days of your little begining) stop being greedy and materialistic (don't force a man to go and steal to buy or borrow a cloth or shoe or car or gadget) stop livin such fake life and men pls let your YES be YES and your NO be NO Men pls know your worth.

1 Like

Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by komek(m): 5:52pm On Sep 11, 2013
Godysien: A good one bro...thumbs up man.

I used to think that Judith is a name for a Lady o
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by Vanityupnvanity(m): 5:54pm On Sep 11, 2013
Points number 1 and 9 contradicts each other.
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by Built2last: 5:55pm On Sep 11, 2013
NICE
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by beejaay: 5:56pm On Sep 11, 2013
Vanityupnvanity: Points number 1 and 9 contradicts each other.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by tomakint: 5:56pm On Sep 11, 2013
@ Mr Aboki, what a nice piece you got up there!
@ OP, you made some valid points too!
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by naijathings(m): 6:01pm On Sep 11, 2013
i just read thru the list.. waste of time.

we just hinder ourselves with all these stupid rules and regs.
since when did anyone need to look at a list to know if he is ready to put a ring on her finger ?
every man has at least one of these behavioural issues and that is some of the things that
make us the MEN we are..
i have many short comings and flaws and some of them I will never give up for anyone
yet she likes me.
she has her own wahala too.. meaning.. we are not perfect.
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by seunmatt: 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2013
mikeljims: Alright..... okada man stop me here.

This one rili crack me up. Hehheheheheheh grin
mikeljims: Alright..... okada man stop me here.

This one rili crack me up. Hehheheheheheh
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by Okponee: 6:37pm On Sep 11, 2013

(1). If you believe that you must always have the last say in an argument,you are not ready for marriage.

(3). If you're a lady,and you don't cook or don't like to,your marriage is not likely to be easy or funny.

(4). If you always say things exactly how they come to your mind not caring who is hurt,your marriage is likely to crash.

(6). If you think about others when you've fully sorted yourself out,you're not ready.

(7). If you are so good about holding a grudge and you will only let go when you feel like,stay unmarried.

(.8.). If you're a man and you are not engaged in ventures or a process in time that can financially take care of your immediate family and
beyond,you need to give yourself a few more years to be ready.

(9). If as a man,you're easily swayed and pressurized to do things against your wish,you are not ready for marriage.

(10). If you believe that women at best should be good in bed and kitchen affairs only,you will end up having a bitter and subdued wife;stay away.

(11). If your mind can't conceive the thought of having a more successful wife,even if it is temporary,then you have little growing up to do.

(12). If you have no confidence in your capability and your future,you have no business taking someone else with you.

(13). If as a man,you don't have a mentor or leader you follow,listen or defer to,you're not going to be able to lead your family.

(14). If you can't have wedding ceremony within a budget you can personally afford,give yourself more time. Who says you can't have 20 guests or less at your wedding? Cut your coat according to your cloth and take responsibility. As a man, you can define how small or large you want your wedding ceremony to be and be able to handle it.

(15). If you have anger problem such that you can destroy things when you are angry, get a therapist to help you in managing it. Otherwise engage God's help for the change you seek. With anger issues,you're a disaster waiting to explode.
Marriage is an investment, what you put into it is what comes out of it!
You Want to Add Something?
(Judith Imagoro).

Though I agree with you on few of the points you have raised, as per what we need to work on, yet, I totally disagree with you on your position that until one is ok in all the areas you have mentioned, he is not ready for marriage.

The most important thing in marriage is for each of the couple to be ready to sacrifice as much as possible, to have a peaceful and fruitful marriage. So many successful marriages started with at least, one of the couples missing many or all the points you mentioned above, but with determination, they gradually adjusted along the line until they could get along well with each other.
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by kushsy: 6:48pm On Sep 11, 2013
I like my space n am married. I do tell my husband when I want to be alone n even my kid..
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by tete7000(m): 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2013
God should be the foundation of a marriage. If you are convinced God is telling you to take the step, kindly do; He will provide you with necessary resources. He needs your faith, not your purse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairalanders Please Help, My First Son Is Behaving Somehow / Side Chick Vs Second Wife, Which Hurts Women More? / Mother Humiliates Man For Visiting Her Teen Daughter (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.