Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,805 members, 7,824,342 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Sample Of Letter Of Application - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sample Of Letter Of Application (992909 Views)

Nigeria Police Academy Begins Sale Of Application Forms / Pls Can Some One Help Me With A Sample Of A Recent Standard CV. / The Perfect "Letter Of Application" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by GregIzuu: 1:08pm On Jul 27, 2012
thanks alot there is a change in my style now!
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by chidike(m): 7:44am On Jun 30, 2013
Guys I thought it's ok for the senders address to be at the top left above the recipient's? Isn't that like the new style or something?

@consultant why is yours faithfully at the bottom right? Thought its supposed to be at the bottom left. And shouldn't the "resources " in human resources manager also be in caps?

1 Like

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by elebua: 12:04pm On Jun 30, 2013
[quote author=Jarus]I'm not talking about positioning of addresses. I'm talking about blunders in the bolded parts, even as the whole thing looks very unprofessional and like a letter written by a primary six pupil in English Language lesson.[/quote

Could you please let us have a sample of your own impecable and perfect applicaton letter? Thank you.
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Jarus(m): 12:43pm On Jun 30, 2013
[quote author=elebua][/quote]

Check my blog: www.jarushub.com
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by elebua: 12:45pm On Jun 30, 2013
Jarus:

Check my blog: www.jarushub.com
No, paste it here.

1 Like

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by DeanOlamide(m): 3:49pm On Jun 30, 2013
Consultant: This is not an attempt to criticize you in anyway Funsho cause you're doing a great job here. I made a few changes to your letter, to make it sound better grammatically.

4, Asa street,
                                                                            Ikeja Lagos.
                                                                            Ist June,2006.

The Human resources Manager,
ABC Nigeria Limited.
4, Tom street, Ibadan
  Oyo state

Dear sir,

APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF CHIEF ACCOUNTANT

I read with extreme interest your advertisement in The Guardian Newspaper of May 30th 2006 for the post of Chief Accountant. I graduated from XYZ University with a degree in Accounting (2nd Class Honours, Upper Division). In addition I have a  Masters degree in finance, proffessional qualification (ACA), and many years of cognate experience.

I understand that this post requires a candidate with a strong analytical mind, a self starter who must be able to work with little supervision. I possess these attributes and they have served me well in the past - ensuring my rapid promotion by my previous employers.

I would appreciate an opportunity to interview with you and demonstrate to you first hand that i am an excellent fit for this position. You may contact me at the above address or through my telephone number 08038363655. I have also attached my resume for your perusal. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours faithfully,
                                                                                   Adekunle Olufunso
  ATT'D
  CV

Let me correct u too, hope u are considering ur punctuations and observe d correct usage of ur part of speech to fit.. Upper case for open class items and lower case for close class... And ur conclusion is awfull it has to follow line process from d address and ur title should take underline since u are not using upper case althru but if u just as am seeing it, is ok like that... Not just writing but d rules of it matters alot my fellow nairalands...

I rest my case and kumaso to u francoooo...
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by omowolewa: 5:59pm On Jun 30, 2013
No comment, am still learning.

1 Like

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by DeanOlamide(m): 7:59pm On Jun 30, 2013
FG O1: Flot 235, Block 4, Flat 7,
Off Aminu Kano Way,
Maitama, Abuja.
23rd May 2010.

The Human Resources Manager,
Standand Charterd Bank,
Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent
Wuse 2, Abuja.
Dear sir/Ma,

I read with extreme interest your advertisement publish in the Guardian Newspaper dated on may 20th 2010 wish to apply for the post of Chief Accountant in your financial institution. I am a graduate of xyz university with a B.sc degree in Accounting(2nd Class Honours). In addition, I have a Master degree in Finance and a proffessional qualification in Oracle 11g and ACA(am a database administrator)with many years of cognate experience.
I understand that this post requires a candidate with a strong analytical mind, a self starter who must be able to work with little supervision. I possess these attributes and they have served me well in the past - ensuring my rapid promotion by my previous employers.
I would appreciate if i may be called to have an interview with you.You may contact me at the above address or through my mobile line 08033,
Attach here are my resume for your perusal. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours faithfully,
FG.

I made xom korrectn in respect of ur application.

U na blunder my brother

1 Like

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by oluphunky(f): 9:19pm On Jun 30, 2013
elebua:
No, paste it here.
JARUS. Nothin like format 2 write application letter in d site. We will apreciate,if u can post it here.
TO THE INDOMITABLE JARUS. A thumb up.
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by johnorji: 10:52pm On Jun 30, 2013
Guy u r doing a good work in Nland,keep it up but d only tin i find out is that d letter is 2 long,u have 2 brief it or make it short b/c no director or manager get time 2 read long application.Tank.
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Evergreen4(m): 8:45am On Jul 01, 2013
Subscribed, please re we to place d writers address @ the top right corner and d recipients address @ the left, or both of them @ d left? Urgent response please
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by npn001(f): 9:37am On Jan 03, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by kingsleyugo41(m): 8:48am On Nov 09, 2014
good
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by nurempy: 2:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
Pls house help effect correction where necessary on dis application letter

30, Oyetola Street,
Mafoluku-Oshodi,
Lagos State.
4th November, 2014.

The Human Resource Manager,
IQ Consulting Ltd.,
Lagos, Nigeria.

Dear Sir,

APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF FINANCE OFFICERS TRAINEE

I am writing this letter to express my profound interest in applying for the position stated above from your esteemed organization. I have learnt about this job vacancy from your recent publication on naijaparrot.com and I would like to submit my application.

I am a young graduate with analytical and systematic practical approach to problem solving. I enjoy working practically and objectively on my on initiative and with a group of professionals with competitve attitude. My genuine interest in business management and finance and the wealth of knowledge and skills gathered at the university level, would be a plus in meeting corporate objectives and make me fit for this job position.

Throughout my career path, I have shown a high level optimism and commitment at the university level achieving potentially maximum record in academic successes while working vigorously and relentlessly during term and holiday. I have also work with a group of brilliant minds and creative abilities as a result of my competence and capabilities.
I acquired a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration(second class upper division) from University of Benin, and also possess basic proficiency in computer packages particularly in Ms-word, Ms-excel and Power point. Attached with this letter is my Curriculum Vitae for some decipherable detailed personal information.

I hope that this application will merit your most favourable response in due consideration. I would like to say thank you in advance for considering me for this opportunity. I look forward to hear from you soon.

Yours faithfully,

Nurudeen Faremi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by papyrus2(m): 3:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
How about this application format. Abeg, no laugh kill yourself oh

1 Like

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 07, 2015

30, Oyetola Street,
Mafoluku-Oshodi,
Lagos State.
4th November, 2014.

IQ Consulting Ltd.,
Lagos, Nigeria.

Dear Sir,

I am writing this letter to express m profound interest in applying for the position stated above from your esteemed organization. I have learnt about this job vacancy from your recent publication on naijaparrot.com and I would like to submit my application.

I am a young graduate with analytical and systematic practical approach to problem solving. I enjoy working practically and objectively on my on initiative and with a group of professionals with competitve attitude. My genuine interest in business management and finance and the wealth of knowledge and skills gathered at the university level, would be a plus in meeting corporate objectives and make me fit for this job position.

Throughout my career path, I have shown a high level optimism and commitment at the university level achieving potentially maximum record in academic successes while working vigorously and relentlessly during term and holiday. I have also work with a group of brilliant minds and creative abilities as a result of my competence and capabilities.
I acquired a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration(second class upper division) from University of Benin, and also possess basic proficiency in computer packages particularly in Ms-word, Ms-excel and Power point. Attached with this letter is my Curriculum Vitae for some decipherable detailed personal information.

I hope that this application will merit your most favourable response in due consideration. I would like to say thank you in advance for considering me for this opportunity. I look forward to hear from you soon.

Yours faithfully,

1 Like

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by toygod2: 4:48am On May 15, 2015
hehehe, daddy has went out.
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Sexychristeen(f): 6:13am On May 15, 2015
Luvlystar:

30, Oyetola Street,
Mafoluku-Oshodi,
Lagos State.
4th November, 2014.

IQ Consulting Ltd.,
Lagos, Nigeria.

Dear Sir,

I am writing this letter to express m profound interest in applying for the position stated above from your esteemed organization. I have learnt about this job vacancy from your recent publication on naijaparrot.com and I would like to submit my application.

Yours faithfully,

What if u have experience? Should it not be included?
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by AngelicaDivine(f): 6:20am On May 15, 2015
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Nobody: 7:11am On May 15, 2015
Difference between a cover letter and application.

Cover letter is like a formal letter. Having all its attributes.

Application isn't. It is a summary of your cv with respect to the opening in view. And application doesn't need address or lengthy texts
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by obeteman2(m): 6:09pm On May 17, 2015
PLEASE. Sample of CV. Barnsify76@gmail. Com

1 Like

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by olapetar(m): 12:44am On Dec 24, 2015
pls more samples
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by bobojoshua(m): 7:02am On Apr 19, 2016
Consultant:
This is not an attempt to criticize you in anyway Funsho cause you're doing a great job here. I made a few changes to your letter, to make it sound better grammatically.

4, Asa street,
                                                                            Ikeja Lagos.
                                                                            Ist June,2006.

ABC Nigeria Limited.
4, Tom street, Ibadan
  Oyo state

Dear sir,

I read with extreme interest your advertisement in The Guardian Newspaper of May 30th 2006 for the post of Chief Accountant. I graduated from XYZ University with a degree in Accounting (2nd Class Honours, Upper Division). In addition I have a  Masters degree in finance, proffessional qualification (ACA), and many years of cognate experience.

I would appreciate an opportunity to interview with you and demonstrate to you first hand that i am an excellent fit for this position. You may contact me at the above address or through my telephone number 08038363655. I have also attached my resume for your perusal. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours faithfully,
                                                                                   Adekunle Olufunso
  ATT'D
  CV

1 Like

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by speak2femz: 7:07am On Apr 19, 2016
Hitting front page after how many years?
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by ewizard1: 7:10am On Apr 19, 2016
You can see them... even some correcters are blunderers. grin
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by goshen26: 7:18am On Apr 19, 2016
Pls Funsho can u send me a copy ? olusojiakinbowale@gmail.com.
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by victor54: 7:18am On Apr 19, 2016
Jarus:

Omo Unifasiti wa, daddy has went out, eebo repete

Good attempt, but for the wrong spelling of 'professional'
Thanks Mr jarus, u r d greatest person I have met in dis forum.

1 Like

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by dexla(f): 7:19am On Apr 19, 2016
DeanOlamide:

Let me correct u too, hope u are considering ur punctuations and observe d correct usage of ur part of speech to fit.. Upper case for open class items and lower case for close class... And ur conclusion is awfull it has to follow line process from d address and ur title should take underline since u are not using upper case althru but if u just as am seeing it, is ok like that... Not just writing but d rules of it matters alot my fellow nairalands...

I rest my case and kumaso to u francoooo...
Thanks for the criticism and observation, it will do more justice if you can post an application letter, I mean a correct version highlighting all this pointer. Thanks
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by iffydave: 7:20am On Apr 19, 2016
Huun...

[size=18pt] Hit FP after 10 years....

Who said I won't make it this year
[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Pamelayoung: 7:21am On Apr 19, 2016
Consultant:
This is not an attempt to criticize you in anyway Funsho cause you're doing a great job here. I made a few changes to your letter, to make it sound better grammatically.

4, Asa street,
                                                                            Ikeja Lagos.
                                                                            Ist June,2006.

ABC Nigeria Limited.
4, Tom street, Ibadan
  Oyo state

Dear sir,

Yours faithfully,
                                                                                   Adekunle Olufunso
  ATT'D
  CV

I think I like this corrected version.

2 Likes

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by limpopo: 7:24am On Apr 19, 2016
funsoo:

4, Asa street,
Ikeja Lagos.
Ist June,2006.

ABC Nigeria Limited.
4, Tom street, Ibadan
Oyo state

Dear sir,

APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF A CHIEF ACCOUNTANT
I read with extreme interest your advertisement in The Guardian Newspaper of May 30th 2006 for the post of a Chief Accountant. My second class upper grade in Accounting,proffessional qualification (ACA), Master degree in finance and many years cognate experience seems to
fit me well for this position.

I understand this post requires a candidate with strong analytical mind,a self starter ,who must be able to work with lesser supervision.
All this attributes are already part of me as evidenced by my rapid promotion in the past.

Kindly contact me at the above address or through my telephone number 08038363655 for an interview where my ability
to add value to ABC Nigeria limited can be assessed.

Thank you for your time and considration

Yours faithfully,
Adekunle Olufunso
ATT'D
CV

I DECIDED TO POST A SAMPLE OF JOB APPLICATION LETTER TO GUIDE OUR JOB SEEKERS IN THE FUTURE.YOUR COMMENTS PLS.

well done... I really like post like this.
pls can I contact you on the email address u dropped.. I want to ask you some questions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Npower Batch C 2020 - How To Apply. / List Of Fake Employment Companies. Stay Off Them. / NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.