Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,522 members, 7,958,595 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:19 PM

Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' (5465 Views)

Fire Outbreak At Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Female Hostel (Photos) / Bukola Saraki Awards Scholarship To Best Law Students Of Unilorin / UNILAG To MAU: Name Clash Might Force Govt To Rename Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by Tuntheycr7: 10:38am On Sep 11, 2013
If i be student of dt skul na to PORT o.
Bcox d name is synonymous to illegality and polithiefians.
Cant imagine after 4yrs in uni make ma cert kon carry Saraki?
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by buoye1(m): 10:48am On Sep 11, 2013
From KWASU------->ASSU and finally to------------ASUU!!!!!!!!School finally shut down......fresh air nooni
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by badesco(m): 10:50am On Sep 11, 2013
It is in this country call Nigeria that i have since people especially the politicians play politics with anything including education. Now of which benefits would change of name be to either to people of kwara and nigeria in general? To me answer is NO. Therefore they should allow sleeping dog to lie.
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by rman: 10:50am On Sep 11, 2013
Kwarans made a terrible mistake by allowing Saraki senior to impose his son Bukola on the state.
The Saraki's have successfully transferred ownership of Kwara from father to son by allowing Bukola to keep a figurehead governor in Kwara ( Fatai Ahmed)

Nothing is happening in Kwara and the few infrastructures are being named after Bukola or the father. Kwara house of assembly passed a law before Bukola left office, THE state will pay Bukky salary until he dies and they are using state funds to build a billion Naira mansion for him in GRA.

Kwarans need to wake up!
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by badesco(m): 10:57am On Sep 11, 2013
rman: Kwarans made a terrible mistake by allowing Saraki senior to impose his son Bukola on the state.
They Saraki's have successfully transferred ownership of Kwara from father to son by allowing Bukola to keep a figurehead governor in Kwara ( Fatai Ahmed)

Nothing is happening in Kwara and the few infrastructures are being named after Bukola or the father. Kwara house of assembly passed a law that before Bukola left office, THE state will pay Bukky salary until he dies and they are using state funds to build a billion Naira mansion for him in GRA.

Kwarans need to wake up!
you are correct because they have mortgage the state.
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by victorv12(m): 11:07am On Sep 11, 2013
Nigeria rulers are so local. How can Kwara natives allow such a bill to be flying around in their assembly? Saraki, the political godfather that looted Kwara state to the brim, and by the time he got tired of politicking and aggravated looting, he passes the hammer of looting to his son, Bukola, to hammer Ilorin people to their graves big time. Ilorin people should better wake up from their slumber. Do they want to worship Sariki forever even after his demise? Well, it can only happen in Ilorin or Kwara state! I trust my Ibadan people! I can't imagine some politicians waking up one day and thinking about changing the name of the premier university in Nigeria, University of Ibadan. That day, the entire Ibadan city will be on fire. Because the name of the institution alone surpasses any human being we can ever imagine of. Even, the name surpasses that of God! IBADAN!!!
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by lertee(f): 11:31am On Sep 11, 2013
mtcheww..lack of what to do. undecided
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by Homonide: 11:50am On Sep 11, 2013
victorv12: Nigeria rulers are so local. How can Kwara natives allow such a bill to be flying around in their assembly? Saraki, the political godfather that looted Kwara state to the brim, and by the time he got tired of politicking and aggravated looting, he passes the hammer of looting to his son, Bukola, to hammer Ilorin people to their graves big time. Ilorin people should better wake up from their slumber. Do they want to worship Sariki forever even after his demise? Well, it can only happen in Ilorin or Kwara state! I trust my Ibadan people! I can't imagine some politicians waking up one day and thinking about changing the name of the premier university in Nigeria, University of Ibadan. That day, the entire Ibadan city will be on fire. Because the name of the institution alone surpasses any human being we can ever imagine of. Even, the name surpasses that of God! IBADAN!!!

Even though you made some sense at the beginning of your post, you couldn't hide your ignorance for so long. University of Ibadan is a Federal-Government owned University and so only the Federal Government can change its name. KWASU is State-owned, and so the State Government is empowered to do what it did.

Your assertion that a mere University's name 'surpasses' that of God is not only reckless, but also foolish.
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by Urine: 11:53am On Sep 11, 2013
They can leave it as A.S.S. Uni based on one condition...all female students must have huge... grin
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by yinkard4me(m): 12:23pm On Sep 11, 2013
Baba_Eleko: I guess Kwaran are zombies like that.
sharrap there u e- diot.
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by yinkard4me(m): 12:31pm On Sep 11, 2013
victorv12: Nigeria rulers are so local. How can Kwara natives allow such a bill to be flying around in their assembly? Saraki, the political godfather that looted Kwara state to the brim, and by the time he got tired of politicking and aggravated looting, he passes the hammer of looting to his son, Bukola, to hammer Ilorin people to their graves big time. Ilorin people should better wake up from their slumber. Do they want to worship Sariki forever even after his demise? Well, it can only happen in Ilorin or Kwara state! I trust my Ibadan people! I can't imagine some politicians waking up one day and thinking about changing the name of the premier university in Nigeria, University of Ibadan. That day, the entire Ibadan city will be on fire. Because the name of the institution alone surpasses any human being we can ever imagine of. Even, the name surpasses that of God! IBADAN!!!
IBADAN PEOPLE SHA..... THEY CAN'T JUST STOP TO AMAZE ME. Argh argh
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by tomzman: 1:07pm On Sep 11, 2013
Haha! A.S.S university, ASSU, ASSUN....... I cant even figure out an acronym that sounds nice to the ears. This name change seems unnecessary to me. embarassed
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by Projectors(m): 1:20pm On Sep 11, 2013
It's not bad at all.
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by 4reigningqueen: 1:23pm On Sep 11, 2013
victorv12: Even, the name surpasses that of God! IBADAN!!!

***singing***

"when cat sleep rat go bite hin tail, wetin he dey fiiiiinnnnd,palaaaaver, he dey find"

Seriously, i do not pity you but your family for this blasphemy!

1 Like

Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 11, 2013
Government of the people
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by victorv12(m): 1:24pm On Sep 11, 2013
To you bloody theists condemning me because I'm from Ibadan and damning your God, I'm saying it again, my race is bigger than your omnipotent and invisible God. Infact, the smallest academic institution in Ibadan is far far bigger than your f*cking God! If you don't know, University of Ibadan is enormous than any God your religious and mentally deranged minds can ever created. Fools, they're fighting for their God!
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by Muscomide: 1:37pm On Sep 11, 2013
Homonide:

Even though you made some sense at the beginning of your post, you couldn't hide your ignorance for so long. University of Ibadan is a Federal-Government owned University and so only the Federal Government can change its name. KWASU is State-owned, and so the State Government is empowered to do what it did.

Your assertion that a mere University's name 'surpasses' that of God is not only reckless, but also foolish.

You need to take a chill pill, Pastor!!
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by kasheemawo(m): 1:53pm On Sep 11, 2013
olodo
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by Homonide: 2:06pm On Sep 11, 2013
Muscomide:

You need to take a chill pill, Pastor!!

Take a chill pill? Just because this is an online forum doesn't give him the licence to spew rubbish on here. I can't fathom how someone that has supposedly passed through the four walls of a University could have posted that nonsense. I doubt he is an Alumnus of UI.

Just for the record, i am no Pastor.
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by victorv12(m): 2:39pm On Sep 11, 2013
Thank you! We know the difference between a state and a federal institution... but why is that the federal government wasn't successful by changing UNILAG's name to MOU? It's because the school senate totally rejects the name change with the help of the school alumni....Thesame action can be replicated or be used in any state institution that doesn't want their state university name to be changed!

The state assembly can propose, and the school senate of any state university can reject their offer aswell! The state assembly of any state can't just wake up and change the name of a state institution as they like based on their political interest, they must first consult, and if their view by changing the name is not accepted, then, their goes a pipe dream. As we write, different factions in Ilorin are totally against the name change!! You bloody theists can google the internet for more information regarding the issue if you like!
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by Fesisko(m): 4:03pm On Sep 11, 2013
tosomaju: I thought the death of Sola Saraki will mark the end time things of the dominance of the saraki family in kwara state. It seems the old man is still cruising ilorin even after death.
its only in Nigeria people dont rest.even after death, they will be busy flexing Aromatic shnap n kola, all in the Name of ancestors.
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by femialiu(m): 10:24pm On Sep 11, 2013

you sound ignorant... if ui had been owned and built by Oyo state with adedibu godson as the governor, it could have been renamed too.
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by nairaland22(m): 1:30am On Sep 12, 2013
Let d House of Assembly members tinks of sometin else and nor namin d skul ASSU jare. Afterall, d politicians didnt impact on peoples' life, as many dont knw him and his achievement. Its only in Nigeria dat dey accord politicians. One wil just wake up frm his slumber and formulate useless tinz say dey want to rename d skul. leave politicians outer dis marra. As long as man utd has not rename her club wit a name like Ferguson Football Club (FFC), let Kwara state uni remain like dat.
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by Nobody: 3:37am On Sep 12, 2013
grin
Re: Kwara To Rename State University 'Abubakar Sola Saraki University' by Afritop(m): 7:37am On Sep 12, 2013
This is the right time legislators see as opportunity to change university names, since ASUU is on strike and students are at home. Demonstrating will be difficult for students especially when the strike prolongs for months. I see that as a wicked and selfish prank played by the legislators since the name chosen is to ridicule the students 'ASSU', Sola saraki can't build a university of his own but he decided to lobby legislators to change state funded university to his favour

(1) (2) (Reply)

Academic Advice Pls Check In / University Education In Nigeria NOW Is A Waste Of Time. My Opinion / NUC Approves Zamfara State University, Governor Okays N3b For Take-off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.