Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,766 members, 7,827,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence (23082 Views)

Fg’s Order Threatens Treasury Single Account / 7 Interesting Ways Nigerians Celebrate Independence Day / Fg’s Order: 15 Oil Accounts To Be Retained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 11, 2013
hehehe oga jona weldone ooo

fresh air tins grin grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by obailala(m): 10:25am On Sep 11, 2013
Do we really need a government in this nation... Should we just continue to live in disorganised chaos? undecided undecided
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by MrAboki: 10:25am On Sep 11, 2013
LIES!!!!!!!
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by dave2(m): 10:28am On Sep 11, 2013
But how are we sure the information is correct?
I don't believe this joor
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by treach(m): 10:28am On Sep 11, 2013
Seriously dis is pure madness. Given phones to pple who can decide to go to d company n make customize once. Am disappointed in GEJ.
Who be dis im Advisers self cheesy
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Freiburger(m): 10:29am On Sep 11, 2013
My grand ma will always tell me this, ''the yanga wey go go yanga in 5yrs time, if you start am today wahala go dey for you o'' cheesy cheesy
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 11, 2013
fury: Please can someone help me out, i've gone through the article and could not find anywhere were its mentioned that Nigeria has ordered 53 of the said Gold phones. Or am i missing something?
Basic models in gold or rose gold cost from
£3,000. Ali says he is fulfilling an order from
the Nigerian government for 53 gold iPhones
to mark the country’s 53rd year of
independence from Britain next month.

next time mr man when you want to read an article pls dont read the first line and say you dont understand the story
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by kokoA(m): 10:30am On Sep 11, 2013
NoOffience.
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by GenOrumov: 10:32am On Sep 11, 2013
Which FG? It isn't stated in the so called news. I'm sure the current FG won't want to be embroiled in this kind of controversy at moment. I don't know where this (fake) news originated from.
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 11, 2013
So, GEJ is now buying iphones with the money he realised by implementing "no work no pay" rule on striking ASUU lecturers

1 Like

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 11, 2013
am sure most of those bastards doesnt even know what an iphone is useful for...... .
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Underground: 10:33am On Sep 11, 2013
[size=24pt]IS THIS A FREAKING JOKE? NIGERIA DOESN'T QUALIFY TO BE CALLED A COUNTRY ANYMORE......SO WHO ARE GOING TO BE THE RECIPIENTS OF THESE 53 GOLD IPHONES WHAT A SICKENING JOKE WE ARE!!![/size]
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by wellmax(m): 10:35am On Sep 11, 2013
Mr Aboki: LIES!!!!!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/yours-for-up-to-50000-the-real-gold-iphone-5s-outshining-apples-new-release-8807520.html

This is not SR or Premium times, neither is it any of your perceived opposition websites.

3 Likes

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Krasid(m): 10:35am On Sep 11, 2013
Brymo: keep us updated about d protest,when u get 2 Abj.
This is the problem we are having in Nigeria.Nobody wants to stand up for his/her right.Everybody just looks the other way when things like this happen.ASUU is on strike and a news like this comes up, yet nothing is being done about it.Nigeria will never move forward if the citizens don't stand up for their rights.Once again, I suggest we all move to Abuja to protest.
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by texazzpete(m): 10:35am On Sep 11, 2013
unmask: The only problem i have with this development is that why must it be an iphone, couldn't they get an htc one or galaxy note 3?

Can you please keep your childish fanboyism out of this? Adults are discussing here.

1 Like

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by prettyify(f): 10:36am On Sep 11, 2013
I don't believe this story undecided pls I need the real source
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 11, 2013
okonjo iwela wii now come out tomorrow and tell us there is no money to pay striking lecturars...... see what they are using the money to do now ooo
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 11, 2013
The only problem i have with this development is that why must it be an iphone, couldn't they get an htc one or galaxy note 3?or nokia torch lite
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Beaf1: 10:40am On Sep 11, 2013
independence
iPhone
53iPhones
53rd Independence

50,000GBP x 53 = 2,650,000GBP

2,650,000 x 255 = N675,750,000 shocked

3 Likes

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Acidosis(m): 10:40am On Sep 11, 2013
Of what significance is a gold plated iphone on independence day?
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Nikapetrelli(f): 10:42am On Sep 11, 2013
U no get money to give ASUU abi,na only evil una dey promote......D world is nobody's own....All is VANITY UPON VANITY
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by ARareGem(f): 10:42am On Sep 11, 2013
I don't believe this story. The GEJ administration has to be wiser than this. Haba!
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 11, 2013
cool grin grin grin grin grin

So funny
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by deeptesting(m): 10:43am On Sep 11, 2013
Be assured you will see this iPhones in the hands of their little girlfriends..I no get talk,since the people have refused to act, I am warming up to join a political party right now, I can't sit on the fence and watch this party going on.....#Noway.
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by NiccoC(m): 10:43am On Sep 11, 2013
i refuse to believe this. how can a government that claims to have the interest of the people at heart embark on such frivolous and wasteful expenditure. if they'll just use half of that money to provide basic infrastructure, i'm sure the masses would appreciate that more.

besides, how sure are they that d tiny group of people who they want to give the iPhones to can even use the phones i'm sure nokia 3310 would be a better gift. antique tinz
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by kabba7(m): 10:44am On Sep 11, 2013
Jonathan's wastes passeth all understanding
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by PStacks(m): 10:47am On Sep 11, 2013
Irresponsible Reckless govt with misplaced piorities..

We are waatching.
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Gbawe: 10:47am On Sep 11, 2013
Mr Aboki: LIES!!!!!!!

dave2: But how are we sure the information is correct?
I don't believe this joor

Check the link. It is the Independent UK. A reputable news source. They have no reason to lie and they normally establish a sensible level of truthful accuracy about a story before they go to print. You guys may not accept it, but life does not revolve around Nigeria. The article is not even about Nigeria. It is about a UK businessman who happens to mention, pertinent to his business and success which is the focus of the Independent regortage, that he has a lucrative order from the Nigerian Government.

This is a positive story for the Independent as it showcases a UK Businessmen trading beyond the Border of the nation. No one, not the Independent or the featured businessman, has any reason to lie against Nigeria. They are just reporting good news from their end while we, the dysfunctional Country making others rich with our inhuman excesses, will be here shouting "LIES !!!" and saying " I don't believe this joor". If you guys check the link you will see, despite the title of this thread, that the feature article is not about Nigeria at all. Nigeria is incidental to the central topic. The original title of the article is reproduced below with the featured picture of the customized iPhones the British businessman produces.

Yours for up to £50,000: The REAL gold iPhone 5S outshining Apple's new release
Bristol-born businessman
expects gold rush of orders from minted iPhone 5S buyers

5 Likes

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 11, 2013
Let me guess, we are all making our positive contributions to ensure the FG stops misplacing its priorities ever so often.. FROM THE COMFORT OF OUR KEYBOARDS.. yea right.. as if that makes any difference angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jubilation In North Central Confirms Zone’s Support For Atiku- PDP / MP Kemi Badenoch Meets With Okonjo-Iweala (Photos) / Gunshots Reported In Rivers Government House As Thugs Invade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.