Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,470 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence (23076 Views)

Fg’s Order Threatens Treasury Single Account / 7 Interesting Ways Nigerians Celebrate Independence Day / Fg’s Order: 15 Oil Accounts To Be Retained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Osama10(m): 1:35pm On Sep 11, 2013
Nigeria is finished and the earlier people come to terms with this fact the better for all of us.
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by keemness(m): 1:36pm On Sep 11, 2013
Tinubu must have interviewed this guy.....
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by olakintanj(m): 1:45pm On Sep 11, 2013
If this is true, then it is an outright madness of the highest order, Dr. Ngozi Nwenla didn't say Nigeria is broke now, that our hard earn currency is about to be wasted, common to meet ASUU demand, she is saying the FG is broke. God is watching u all that is @ the affair of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by zika1(f): 1:49pm On Sep 11, 2013
Jesu christi!!! Yepa dis gov haff kill me ooo. Can u imagine buying iphones dat won't reach me and I'm still @ home cos off ASUU. God is watching u pple in 3D.
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by maclatunji: 1:59pm On Sep 11, 2013
trillville: And someone will still tell me to vote for gej in 2015?

#Hahahaha

Expect denials and spinning soon.
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 11, 2013
Am sure okonjo will also be among the recipant of one of those golden iPhones
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Afroconnect: 2:03pm On Sep 11, 2013
TOTAL RUBBISH AND UTTER WASTE...GOODLUCK THIS IS DISAPPOINTING.
NIGERIANS ARE GOING TO BED HUNGRY EVERY NIGHT YOU ARE BUYING LUXURIOUS PHONES FOR THE RICH WHO HAVE BENEFITTED IMMENSELY FROM OUR SYSTEM.

1 Like

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by maclatunji: 2:04pm On Sep 11, 2013
Is this an impeachable offence?
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by dmcdad: 2:04pm On Sep 11, 2013
wawa_boy: They will be distributed among 53 best farmers. GEJ is working
Now let's pretend what you said is true... And you think it would add to their lives?
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by dmcdad: 2:06pm On Sep 11, 2013
zika1: Jesu christi!!! Yepa dis gov haff kill me ooo. Can u imagine buying iphones dat won't reach me and I'm still @ home cos off ASUU. God is watching u pple in 3D.
I think He is watching in 4K tech... That is, ultra HD.
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by nirmy: 2:07pm On Sep 11, 2013
Looooool. Madness of d highest order. Display of insanity, Mr president weldone. Sincerly dis is a shameless situation. A wasteful administration. Jonathan posterity will ask.

1 Like

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 11, 2013
....is this some sick joke or what? Is this some ACN/P*whatever spin? How clueless and insensitive can these people be? Nigerians deserves an explanation from GEJ and his caucus to this mess...but are we gonna get it? Has ASUU been resolved? Just when you think you have heard the worse, a more infuriating one comes up...yesterday it was a thug/rogue flaunting a private jet also having a yatch as dividend of militancy..today its the FG allegedly acquiring this(what about boosting our military hardwares or something more productive like fishing apple co as part of foreign direct investment to invest in an assembling plant here?)...tomorrow we may see in the news that Nigeria has been sold to Richard Branson and the virgin group...these guys keep daring Us and telling Us to our faces that we are f**ked up learners and there aint nothing we can do about it. ....is this some sick joke or what? Is this some ACN/P*whatever spin? How clueless and insensitive can these people be? Nigerians deserves an explanation from GEJ and his caucus to this mess...but are we gonna get it? Has ASUU been resolved? Just when you think you have heard the worse, a more infuriating one comes up...yesterday it was a thug/rogue flaunting a private jet also having a yatch as dividend of militancy..today its the FG allegedly acquiring this(what about boosting our military hardwares or something more productive like fishing apple co as part of foreign direct investment to invest in an assembling plant here?)...tomorrow we may see in the news that Nigeria has been sold to Richard Branson and the virgin group...these guys keep daring Us and telling Us to our faces that we are f**ked up learners and there aint nothing we can do about it.
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by drizzit(m): 2:20pm On Sep 11, 2013
Trying to visualize the 53 people on the iPhone distribution list. 1. Dame Patience, 2. Mama Jona, 3. 36 governors, a few Ministers.

1 Like

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 11, 2013
Look at our dumb politicians wanting to use smart phones
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 11, 2013
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by BobbyTimmy12: 2:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
GOD HELP!
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by fsammy(m): 2:50pm On Sep 11, 2013
You guys should chill now,you don't know if those phones are going to 'me' and you. Wait why not order for 160million phones instead. Jonah Jonah!! Olorun nwo o o
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Anyi3(m): 2:57pm On Sep 11, 2013
unmask: The only problem i have with this development is that why must it be an iphone, couldn't they get an htc one or galaxy note 3?
or the beloved Tecno.
It's just signs of

WASTEFULNESS
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by david290(m): 4:39pm On Sep 11, 2013
Gej is the worst we've ever have

1 Like

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Damsman10(m): 4:44pm On Sep 11, 2013
keemness: Tinubu must have interviewed this guy.....
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2013
undecided END TIME EXCLUSIVE
S@NNiE:
A Bristol-born businessman based in Dubai is bracing himself for a flood of orders for iPhones clad not in the gold-effect finish of the new iPhone 5S, but the real stuff.

Amjad Ali supplies royal families, governments, and minted customers across Russia, China and the Middle East with gold-plated devices that cost up to £50,000.

The 42-year-old entrepreneur, who grew up in Glasgow, has pre-ordered hundreds of new iPhones. His team at Gold and Co. will set to work the day after launch before delivering the devices to luxury retailers.

“We strip the units down and then plate them in copper, nickel and then pure gold,” he told the Independent. “We have limited units per region and each is numbered and placed in a handmade wooden box with a certificate of authenticity and wax seal.”

Ali typically delivers 50 devices a month, including Blackberries and iPads, but orders rose to more than 300 a month when the iPhone 5 was launched last year. The firm expects greater demand still for the sixth-generation device, announced today.

Gold and Co.’s customers have included the Saudi royal family, which, Ali says, ordered a gold iPhone studded with hundreds of diamonds, including a giant piece that served as the device’s “home” button. The bill: £50,000.

Basic models in gold or rose gold cost from £3,000. Ali says he is fulfilling an order from the Nigerian government for 53 gold iPhones to mark the country’s 53rd year of independence from Britain next month.

“We will engrave them with the coat of arms, a shield and two horses,” he said.

The company has also supplied an engraved gold iPad to each of the rooms at the luxury “six-star” Burj Al Arab hotel in Dubai.

For the new iPhone, Ali has added a platinum option to the gold and rose gold currently offered. “Muslim men are not supposed to wear gold,” he explains. “We had government departments for example cancelling orders so now we’re launching platinum to tap into a huge market. Most importantly, it’s a third colour. Everyone wants to be different.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/yours-for-up-to-50000-the-real-gold-iphone-5s-outshining-apples-new-release-8807520.html
undecided
S@NNiE:
A Bristol-born businessman based in Dubai is bracing himself for a flood of orders for iPhones clad not in the gold-effect finish of the new iPhone 5S, but the real stuff.

Amjad Ali supplies royal families, governments, and minted customers across Russia, China and the Middle East with gold-plated devices that cost up to £50,000.

The 42-year-old entrepreneur, who grew up in Glasgow, has pre-ordered hundreds of new iPhones. His team at Gold and Co. will set to work the day after launch before delivering the devices to luxury retailers.

“We strip the units down and then plate them in copper, nickel and then pure gold,” he told the Independent. “We have limited units per region and each is numbered and placed in a handmade wooden box with a certificate of authenticity and wax seal.”

Ali typically delivers 50 devices a month, including Blackberries and iPads, but orders rose to more than 300 a month when the iPhone 5 was launched last year. The firm expects greater demand still for the sixth-generation device, announced today.

Gold and Co.’s customers have included the Saudi royal family, which, Ali says, ordered a gold iPhone studded with hundreds of diamonds, including a giant piece that served as the device’s “home” button. The bill: £50,000.

Basic models in gold or rose gold cost from £3,000. Ali says he is fulfilling an order from the Nigerian government for 53 gold iPhones to mark the country’s 53rd year of independence from Britain next month.

“We will engrave them with the coat of arms, a shield and two horses,” he said.

The company has also supplied an engraved gold iPad to each of the rooms at the luxury “six-star” Burj Al Arab hotel in Dubai.

For the new iPhone, Ali has added a platinum option to the gold and rose gold currently offered. “Muslim men are not supposed to wear gold,” he explains. “We had government departments for example cancelling orders so now we’re launching platinum to tap into a huge market. Most importantly, it’s a third colour. Everyone wants to be different.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/yours-for-up-to-50000-the-real-gold-iphone-5s-outshining-apples-new-release-8807520.html
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by tunsmann(m): 5:37pm On Sep 11, 2013
kokoA: I don't gerrit men.. Iphones and independence day.. How are they related?
the i prefix stands for independence undecidedsic.as usual a huge waste of tax payer"money.but what can a nigga do in his own black country
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by andyjyd(m): 5:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
Gold plated iphone!!! I just dey pass ni
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by andyjyd(m): 5:50pm On Sep 11, 2013
When you are dumb you dumb,it does not matter whether you use GOLD PLATED SMART PHONE !!!

1 Like

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by trillville(m): 6:12pm On Sep 11, 2013
taharqa2:

Dont be a FOOOOOL, my frnd. In what way is this a case of Corruption, talkless of ' monumental corruption and unbridled aquisition of primitive wealth'?? You chaps shouldn't overstretch this more than is necessary.

Even if the Govt is actually paying for these Iphones, they will be given as Gifts to very deserving 53 Nigerians. The only question people are asking is on the Cost Implication of the Gifts (whether it is not a Wasteful venture) And, esp for me, why the choice of Iphones??

There is no stealing here.

Pls can you name just 10 honorable and deserving nigerians that are to receive these phones?

1 Like

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by CaptainCodes(m): 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2013
Ah! What a day. Thank you lord. My day to day activities. Went to work, did my duties, joked with my colleagues. Till 4pm. They all went out. Now I am bored, but still happy I would be closing soon. Checked nairaland on my blackberry, scrolled down, checking for nice topics. Saw this and tot some1 was joking about it. Now, after finished reading, m lost. My mind is bitter, I can think, managed to write this, my head is empty, tears rolled down my cheeks, I think once. I am on my way home, and still pondering, "how could this be true?. Why us, lord? Why?. What have we done to deserve this?.
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by CaptainCodes(m): 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2013
Ah! What a day. Thank you lord. My day to day activities. Went to work, did my duties, joked with my colleagues. Till 4pm. They all went out. Now I am bored, but still happy I would be closing soon. Checked nairaland on my blackberry, scrolled down, checking for nice topics. Saw this and tot some1 was joking about it. Now, after finished reading, m lost. My mind is bitter, I can think, managed to write this, my head is empty, tears rolled down my cheeks, I think once. I am on my way home, and still pondering, "how could this be true?. Why us, lord? Why?. What have we done to deserve this?
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by nora544: 6:57pm On Sep 11, 2013
Afro connect: TOTAL RUBBISH AND UTTER WASTE...GOODLUCK THIS IS DISAPPOINTING.
NIGERIANS ARE GOING TO BED HUNGRY EVERY NIGHT YOU ARE BUYING LUXURIOUS PHONES FOR THE RICH WHO HAVE BENEFITTED IMMENSELY FROM OUR SYSTEM.

it will not be only for the rich, i know that there is a person who will get also such a phone because that is what a son should give his father and when he is only his spiritual father, that is why also the religion leader will not say anything to such a waist of money,
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Fortune02(m): 7:36pm On Sep 11, 2013
Tolexander:

53 gold iphone multiplied by £3,000 = £159,000 = N40,959,713.43.

N41million of nigerian budget for less than 53 people(cos the president may likely have 2 or more of the iphones) of the 160million population.

ASUU is on strike with the students not knowing when they will resume.

Daniel Oikhena wanted to stow away from Benin airport to US but became devastated on landing in lagos airport.

90nigerians were deported from an ordinary Tunisia around 12.32am today like fishes back into the beach.

All the above cos of the claim 'nigeria doesn't have money'.

Jonathan, God is watching you in 3D o!
d 53 Gold Iphones is worth N662m
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by sweetgala(m): 7:57pm On Sep 11, 2013
SWEET FRESH COOL AIR

1 Like

Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 11, 2013
This is a lie right?

You know I saw this in the morning and thought I saw "Apple Produces 53 Gold Plated iPhones for it's Anniversary". Just logged into FB and saw Nigeria - so I did a Google search.

These government guys really, really do not care at all. Wow.
Re: FG Order For 53 Gold Iphones To Celebrate Independence by pbling: 8:58pm On Sep 11, 2013
hmmm,ds hw dey spend our cash anihw,d poor r real dying daili.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Elections: Lawmaker, 8 Others Killed By Insurgents In Gombe / Amaechi For Minister Of Niger Delta - Egift / Senate Raises 10-man Panel To Meet Buhari (names)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.