Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,214 members, 7,867,527 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:49 PM

Jonathan Disgraced Me Out Of Office — Farida Waziri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Disgraced Me Out Of Office — Farida Waziri (1210 Views)

Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action / Ribadu - Farida Waziri Is A Cheap Liar Who Seeks Undue Relevance / EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Disgraced Me Out Of Office — Farida Waziri by dewale2k: 9:04am On Sep 11, 2013
Former chairperson of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Farida Waziri, has spoken of her distress at how, despite committing more than three decades to serving the nation, she was booted out of office without a proper notification by the government.

Mrs. Waziri said in an exclusive interview granted Zero Tolerance, a magazine produced by the EFCC, that she got to know of her sack by President Goodluck Jonathan in November 2011, in the news media; and said she did not deserve the humiliation since she had not been found wanting for any misdemeanour.

“If you are removed like that, it has a tendency to scare some people. I wasn’t bothered that I left because my philosophy of life is simple, “what has a beginning has an end,” Mrs. Waziri said in an interview with the agency she headed for more than three years. The interview was part of events marking the EFCC’s 10th year anniversary.

“The manner of the sack was what bothered me. I have done a span of 35 years, fighting for my fatherland, I deserve some little dignity and respect. When you wake up and you see on AIT, Waziri sacked! NTA, Waziri sacked! Channels, Waziri sacked! That is the style I am talking about.”

“My predecessor’s case was even worse, but I do hope that the authorities will take note. Except you are removed as a result of gross misconduct, any other way you should be treated with dignity, respect for the human person,” she said.

Mrs. Waziri insisted it was the approach of her removal that she frowned at, not about leaving. “I knew I would one day leave. In fact, the handwriting was on the wall. I knew it was matter of time,” she said.

The former EFCC boss was sacked in November 2011 in what seemed a controversial circumstance, ending a tenure that many Nigerians and foreign partners believed largely diminished whatever gains Nigeria had made in the fight against corruption.

The sticking point of her career as the EFCC boss was the abysmal trial of former governor of Delta state, James Ibori, who escaped conviction in Nigeria due to what many believed was the EFCC’s unserious approach to the trial.

A powerful backer of the then Musa Yar’adua government, which appointed Mrs Waziri, the former governor was assisted to side-step justice by the then controversial minister of justice, Michael Aondakaa.

Mr. Ibori was later arrested in Dubai, United Arab Emirate, before being repatriated to the United Kingdom where he was convicted and is currently serving a 14-year jail term for stealing state funds.

Mrs. Waziri denied helping to free Mr. Ibori, and claimed she never knew the former governor as many claim. She also denied knowing Mr. Aondoakaa ahead of her appointment to the EFCC, but made clear Mr. Aondoakaa’s relationship with the former governor may have played a role in Mr. Ibori’s escape from the law.

“I never knew him. I never knew James Ibori. When I was appointed, I went to the villa very often because the president called his staff and told them Farida has free access to him 24/7, whether in the office or villa. So I went there very often and I met Ibori; he was always there,” she said.

“I think what happened was that my younger brother, Aondoakaa, the former attorney general was close to Ibori.”

“….if I was in league with Ibori and was not sincerely pursuing him, would he have run, gone out of this country to Dubai?”

Mrs. Waziri dismissed claims she tipped Mr. Ibori off, to flee the country after Mr. Yar’Adua’s death as “all lies of the enemies.”

“By my training and upbringing I can never betray my country for anyone, for any reason; never! Of course I was all out and that was how he ran out and went and got himself in more trouble,” she said.

She also denied widespread belief that her leadership of the EFCC lowered Nigeria’s effort against corruption when compared with the record set by her predecessor, Nuhu Ribadu.

“Go and check the record of convictions, the first conviction ever that went to logical conclusion was during Farida,” she said. “190 billion naira, one single recovery from one person that went to jail was during Farida Waziri.”

She said the negative impression accusing her of bungling several investigations, was more of a fierce media campaign against her stay in office, and said she faced intense interference in her work. She declined to give names.
Source http://premiumtimesng.com/news/144423-jonathan-disgraced-office-despite-service-nigeria-farida-waziri.html

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Disgraced Me Out Of Office — Farida Waziri by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 11, 2013
Feel the plight of madam waziri. All is well
Re: Jonathan Disgraced Me Out Of Office — Farida Waziri by Tuntheycr7: 9:20am On Sep 11, 2013
Make she no vex. God de
make she go drink water ontop d 1 she don chop
Re: Jonathan Disgraced Me Out Of Office — Farida Waziri by LMAyedun(m): 9:21am On Sep 11, 2013
Nigerians feel your pains Mrs Waziri & we know the truth.
No wonder EFCC died a natural death just after you left the office.
Re: Jonathan Disgraced Me Out Of Office — Farida Waziri by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 11, 2013
Cry me a river madam Waziri.

“The enemies were many, ferocious; they kept on mounting the campaign of calumny, injecting the poison pen for three and half years,” she said.

“If you open the newspapers, it is Farida; if you open Saharareporters, it is Farida; if you tune the radio, it is Farida. It seems as if I was the worst civil servant in the history of Nigeria.”

I 'fess up, I was one of those eeeneeemies grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Disgraced Me Out Of Office — Farida Waziri by ayodeji752: 9:23am On Sep 11, 2013
U deserved it madam. Ur administration was very dull
Re: Jonathan Disgraced Me Out Of Office — Farida Waziri by Segadem(m): 9:25am On Sep 11, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
It was after Ribadu left.
Re: Jonathan Disgraced Me Out Of Office — Farida Waziri by lonelydora: 9:25am On Sep 11, 2013
She is yet to understand this Wonderland called Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Disgraced Me Out Of Office — Farida Waziri by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 11, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:

Madam I-never-knew-Ibori is an irredeemable liar!

An early sign of Farida Waziri's EFCC: Ibori’s Runaway Front man, Henry Imasekha, Returns to Nigeria
One week after her confirmation as new chairperson of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mrs. Farida Waziri has shown the first signs of her cooperation with the coalition of corrupt elements who sponsored her appointment.

Our sources said that Mrs. Waziri gave the green light to Henry Imasekha (also known as "H-I"wink, one of former Governor James Ibori’s money laundering collaborators, to return to Nigeria. Mr. Imashekka, who had been a fugitive in Ghana, quietly returned to Nigeria this week. He had fled to Ghana as EFCC officials closed in on him late last year.

Mr. Imasekha played a major role in assisting the former Delta State governor to siphon off billions of naira from Delta State funds. He is the owner of Berkeley Group of Companies as well as Brisbane. He is also a director of Notore Chemical Company, a fertilizer company Ibori used to launder monies siphoned from his state.

In 2001, Imasekha used Bromley Limited to secure a loan of N2.2 billion from New Nigeria Bank without any collateral or evidence of any previous banking relationship with the bank. He then purchased a 10 per cent stake in Econet Nigeria Limited (now Celtel) on behalf of Ibori.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Disgraced Me Out Of Office — Farida Waziri by LMAyedun(m): 9:40am On Sep 11, 2013
Segadem:
It was after Ribadu left.
Lemme put it this way then.... EFCC was buried just after Mrs. Waziri left Office but died after Ribadu.
Re: Jonathan Disgraced Me Out Of Office — Farida Waziri by takedat(m): 10:06am On Sep 11, 2013
At least she recorded high profile convictions(Bode George and Lucky Igbinedion) unlike the current lame-duck EFCC Chairman and his toothless anti-graft agency.
Re: Jonathan Disgraced Me Out Of Office — Farida Waziri by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 11, 2013
Lucky Igbinedion

Idris Ibrahim

Dimeji Bankole

Gbenga Daniels

Ohakim

Chimaroke Nnamani

Obasanjo

Atiku

Drug barons

Heads of departments in all ministries and parastatals

Directors in all ministries

All the banks in Nigeria

All Nigeria football federation bosses

All Commissioners and house of assembly members

All Senators and House of rep members

All Former ministers

Some Pastors and Imams

All School principals

Some Vice chancellors of all universities

Some Provosts and Rectors of all polytechnics

All NURTW chairmen

All Local govt chairmen

All Councillors

Madam... You were luke warm...

Why aren't our prisons over flowing with all these people?
Re: Jonathan Disgraced Me Out Of Office — Farida Waziri by AkinDavid2: 11:34am On Sep 11, 2013
Now we know who lowered the success achieved by your predecessor. When you fight corruption, it will always fight back. You've done your best.
Re: Jonathan Disgraced Me Out Of Office — Farida Waziri by bokohalal(m): 11:48am On Sep 11, 2013
Heard that woman is corruption personified.
Re: Jonathan Disgraced Me Out Of Office — Farida Waziri by Tolexander: 11:49am On Sep 11, 2013
She is just trying to solicit pity.

She isn't that capable.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Disgraced Me Out Of Office — Farida Waziri by 3ace(m): 5:14pm On Sep 11, 2013
she faced intense interference in her work. She declined to give names.
Don't worry, apart from your incompetence to effectively discharge your duties, we know FG is not serious with fighting corruption.
Re: Jonathan Disgraced Me Out Of Office — Farida Waziri by 3ace(m): 5:18pm On Sep 11, 2013
take dat: At least she recorded high profile convictions(Bode George and Lucky Igbinedion) unlike the current lame-duck EFCC Chairman and his toothless anti-graft agency.
That of Bode George's conviction was made possible because he offended those who could have saved him from shame.

(1) (Reply)

Adamawa Acting Gov Visits Pdp’s Secretariat, Says ‘I Have Delivered’ / Yorubas Invade Imo / 21 Ways To Make A Name For Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.