Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Nigeria Losing N1.5bn Daily To Oil Theft – Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Losing N1.5bn Daily To Oil Theft – Jonathan (1422 Views)

Ali: Customs Generates N1.5bn Daily / What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi / Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Losing N1.5bn Daily To Oil Theft – Jonathan by takedat(m): 8:18pm On Sep 11, 2013
atlwireles:

Left to me they can steal 100% of the oil. My only problem is environmental issues. Also, there is a different between something illegal and theft. You can never steal what belongs to you. They should make their crude cooking process more environmental friendly. I know, they can do it.

Please ask the noise makers to scream about the hundreds of billions lost to miners in this country. Are they Niger deltans too. When it comes to oil, you people have a big mouth to cry.
I can see that you are one of the proponents of 'na our oyel' dictum. I have no problem with resource control, but as it stands now it is Nigeria's oil so those locals stealing crude oil are carting away our collective patrimony. In fact, those who stand to lose the most are Niger Deltans if this menace is not curbed. Apart from the environmental impacts of oil spills, there would be a reduction in the derivation revenue allocation to oil producing States. Reduced funds for difficult terrains. Even though I know that their political leaders are renowned thieves, they will still manage to build one school and a hospital for the masses in their greed and thievery, unlike a 'local or big time crude thief' that will divert every penny made from the stolen oil into his private purse. Crude oil theft is organized crime and if not curtailed, the cartel behind this menace will turn Nigeria into another Mexico where the Overlords are richer and more powerful than the government. Tompolo never buy private jet, yet many are mired in poverty in the ND.

You claimed there is difference between illegal and theft? So vandalism of public property(pipelines) and stealing of the crude isn't illegal? Well, na their oyel!
Re: Nigeria Losing N1.5bn Daily To Oil Theft – Jonathan by Demdem(m): 8:22pm On Sep 11, 2013
Jonathan, shut ur mouth and do ur job.
U were elected to tackle oil theft and not to tell or inform us about this problem again.
These thieves are those u know and ur core supporters. Curtail them and spare us further tori.
Re: Nigeria Losing N1.5bn Daily To Oil Theft – Jonathan by patimore: 12:48am On Sep 12, 2013
End time tinz
Re: Nigeria Losing N1.5bn Daily To Oil Theft – Jonathan by vatoslocos: 10:40am On Sep 13, 2013
Otseh: Our president funny oooo. instead of him to tell us how he is dealing with tompolo for not do the work the Govt paid him to do, he is lamenting. what does he want us to do now. he should better be serious before nigeria is completly finished.
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Month Old Jigawa Airport Airlift Pilgrims / Nigeria On Fire Boko Haram Attacks Power Station In Maiduguri Leaves / Photos From Bomb Blast In Kano Motor Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.