Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

My Ordeal At Etisalat - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Ordeal At Etisalat (628 Views)

My Ordeal In The Hands Of Our So-called Financial Institution(ecobank) / My Ordeal With Arik Air / My Ordeal With Konga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Ordeal At Etisalat by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 12:29pm On Sep 11, 2013
Nigerians are people who are on the fast lane, we want things done now now.
It all started on the 9th of September. I got home and noticed that my blackberry can no longer browse. I felt it was one of Etisalat's network down times so I ignored it. I had jobs to do with my phone but I chose to sleep instead. Early yesterday morning I woke up and the first thing I usually do is check my phone for messages. To my greatest surprise there were no messages. The messages I tried sending the night before were still unsent.
Then I knew something was wrong. I opted to call customer care. After several trial it went and I was told an agent will attend to me in 1minute. 1 minute became 7minutes. I explained my problem to the agent and he told me I have exhausted my data cap. This is quite unusual as I have never exhausted it and I didn't download movies this month. He gave me a code and I checked when it is suppose to expire. It was due for 17th of September.

Ok fine. I exhausted it, no big deal. As I left for work that morning I bought 1000 card and recharged immediately.
Normally, they(etisalat) deduct the money instantly. It wasn't deducted. Messages started coming in but at the expense of my credit. I sent a code for the activation of my usual plan. But I didn't receive any reply. I did so about three times, still no reply after about 20minutes.
I felt it was the current plan that was causing the issue so I sent the code to deactivate the current plan. There was still no response. After some time I got a message that my plan has been renewed. 10minutes into my browsing experience as I was using my mobile hotspot with my laptop, I received another mesage that my subscription has been deactivated.

Ok no problem. I called customer care. I was told to wait for 4 minutes. 4minutes became 20minutes and I wasn't responded to.
I called a friend who asked me to go to their office. I took permission from my supervisor and off I went.

On getting there I was directed by the security, given a tag with the number 186. I read through the tag and the queue on bb issues was 0. They were already at number 159. I stood hoping I will be answered in no time. Seconds became minutes and minutes became hours. I had spent over two hours there.
I approached one of the personnels with regards to my problem. This lady was obviously pinging and replying me. She eventually snubbed me. While standing I saw personnels shouting at customers and ignoring them.

Ok. It was 186 and I was called. I briskly walked to the counter as I had spent 2hours, 20minutes waiting. To my greatest surprise the agent on the counter told me she doesn't attend to blackberry issues.
Ehn? Wetin you talk? I became furious and shouted at the security. "Why didn't you direct me?" The security man started laughing at me, that made me very mad. And I picked a fight with him. People intervened and the agent who doesn't attend to bb issues started attendind to me. After asking questions and fiddling with my phone she called another agent . She told me it was the network and that subscription has been deactivated. M like who b d network are u guys nt etisalat?

That said I was told they will send a mail. After wasting my whole day at their office, they will send a mail? I walked out annoyed and that was the last time I put that sim in my phone. It is bye bye to etisalat for me.
There customer service is too poor.
Location: Etisalat office at GRA, Port Harcourt. The one close to NDDC.

(1) (Reply)

Starting A Bread Business / FREE Clickbank Manual For You... / Job Opportunity In Benin!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.