Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,919 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

My Reappraisal Of The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Reappraisal Of The Bible (508 Views)

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / My Reappraisal Of The Bible / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

My Reappraisal Of The Bible by UyiIredia(m): 2:26pm On Sep 11, 2013
Started clumsily today, though I just got the digital Bible I wanted to use, yesterday. I've been using Olivetree ever since I had an iTouch. In any case, I hope I have the discipline required to see this through. Suggestions from everyone are welcome and much-needed since I want to have,nas much as possible, a holistic view on the Bible. Just started out with a 3-month New Testament reading plan, NKJV is my preffered though I'm using KJV.

Let's see. I'm starting from Matt 1:1-4:25

Re: My Reappraisal Of The Bible by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 11, 2013
Thank God you're reading the bible Uyi.
My advise is this:

hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God MUST BELIEVE THAT HE IS AND THAT HE IS A REWARDER OF THOSE WHO DILIGENTLY SEEK HIM.

Believe God exists, and seek him diligently with all your heart. And you'll find him.

One more thing;
I'm sure you have questions, ask God and let him answer you himself through his word. Just be silent and studious. do not make any assumptions, they'll probably be wrong allow God to speak. Don't make false conclusions.
God bless you as you find Him.
Re: My Reappraisal Of The Bible by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 11, 2013
what are your intentions with this reappraisal?
Re: My Reappraisal Of The Bible by UyiIredia(m): 8:29pm On Sep 11, 2013
Decide whether or not I'll return to Christianity based on a balanced view of the Scriptures given my exposure to many takes, from many sides on this site.

(1)

Dancing Kukere In The Church / Free Book By Smith Wigglesworth / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 26th Oct. 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.