Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

The Importance of physical attraction in a relationship. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Importance of physical attraction in a relationship. (1918 Views)

Attraction Of Babies----does It Happen To You?does It Mean A Thing? / Please Share Your Experience Of Physical Abuses When You Were A Child / Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Importance of physical attraction in a relationship. by star4(f): 4:00pm On Sep 11, 2013
How important is it to you that your partner finds you physically attractive, gorgeous, sexy, irresistible etc... ?

What if you find someone who loves you deeply yet you weren't his/her 'type' to begin with, but he/she fell in love with who you are.

Me? I think it's a beautiful thing to fall in love with the mind, but I want my man to look at me like what he sees. Women need to feel beautiful and to be told they are so.

No greater times in a woman's life does she need to have the reassurance of her husband especially after having children.

What do you think? smiley

1 Like

Re: The Importance of physical attraction in a relationship. by daisyella: 4:26pm On Sep 11, 2013
lol itz beta d person falls for who u r than to fall for u juz cos of ur physical looks, but before someone will fall for u with the mind, the person has to at least b attracted to u physically

1 Like

Re: The Importance of physical attraction in a relationship. by jaybee3(m): 4:41pm On Sep 11, 2013
Both are equally important and very hard to weight whilst having an overview look.
Technically, one needs to be attracted before compatability question even comes into reckoning.
However, depending on the stage i'm in career and life, i'd like to think compatibility becomes the single most important thing.
Of what use is me being attracted to someone i intend spending the rest of my life with if we aren't compatible. This i can overlook if i'm looking to play around or better still need the occasional fix.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Importance of physical attraction in a relationship. by Lovetinz(m): 5:31pm On Sep 11, 2013
daisyella: lol itz beta d person falls for who u r than to fall for u juz cos of ur physical looks, but before someone will fall for u with the mind, the person has to at least b attracted to u physically
I second your opinion,
'What the eyes doesn't like, the heart doesn't desire'
is an old saying.

1 Like

Re: The Importance of physical attraction in a relationship. by star4(f): 8:45pm On Sep 11, 2013
I definitely agree if you find someone who loves you for you and your heart that you've got something very special.

Actually Jay! Can you move this to the family section? because I want to talk more about after having children and the importance of a woman feeling attractive etc would maybe like to talk to my fellow mums smiley
Re: The Importance of physical attraction in a relationship. by vivianc(f): 10:19pm On Sep 11, 2013
They are all important to me. I have to love you, be compatible with you and insanely attracted to you.

I love you, and i'm compatible with you but not attracted to you. Or i'm attracted to you, love you but not compatible with you. Or i'm attracted to you, and i'm compatible with you but don't love you...........

None of these conditions would work for me.
Re: The Importance of physical attraction in a relationship. by star4(f): 7:58am On Sep 12, 2013
vivianc: They are all important to me. I have to love you, be compatible with you and insanely attracted to you.

I love you, and i'm compatible with you but not attracted to you. Or i'm attracted to you, love you but not compatible with you. Or i'm attracted to you, and i'm compatible with you but don't love you...........

None of these conditions would work for me.

I totally agree. But would you settle for anything less?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Importance of physical attraction in a relationship. by vivianc(f): 10:07am On Sep 12, 2013
star*:

I totally agree. But would you settle for anything less?

Nah, I won't.

But you have to know its not easy to stick to what you believe in, especially when there are family/friends putting pressure on you, b.i..tching about how you are too picky and all.

Just know what you want, and don't settle for less.
Re: The Importance of physical attraction in a relationship. by EfemenaXY: 8:14pm On Sep 12, 2013
star*:
How important is it to you that your partner finds you physically attractive, gorgeous, sexy, irresistible etc... ?

What if you find someone who loves you deeply yet you weren't his/her 'type' to begin with, but he/she fell in love with who you are.

Me? I think it's a beautiful thing to fall in love with the mind, but I want my man to look at me like what he sees. Women need to feel beautiful and to be told they are so.

No greater times in a woman's life does she need to have the reassurance of her husband especially after having children.

What do you think? smiley

I think it works both ways. Both partners finding themselves physically attracted to each other is a starting point. Then the next step is determining whether or not it's worthwhile building up the relationship - this is where you get to 'scratch beyond the surface' to see if you're both compatible and if you can live / tolerate each other's differences.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Save My Sister / Getting Married At Age 23 And In 2nd Yr / Is It Right For A Matured Girl To Go Unclad In Presence Of Her Brother?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.