Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,986 members, 7,866,709 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:22 AM

Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (48277 Views)

Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others / Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions / Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 12, 2013
We don't need to defend him cuz he said the truth!he is obviously talking about believin in the christian God.
There are muslims and pple of other religions who don't believe in the christian God that are better than many christians especially your fake good for nothing thieves u call ur pastors!why don't u wait till the last day and let God judge and before then stop being a hypocrite and live right!!
Follow ur right concience. sincere service to humanity is the best way to please God.
God bless the pope!!
I am Catholic and Proud!!!

idnoble135: SMH.... Waiting for the "faithfuls" to come defend him again.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by dikarious(m): 8:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
omotayokay: Its either you are for God or you are against Him directly or indirectly. In your self conciets you may think you dont believe in God but your spirit maybe for God. For instance, an atheists that was about to encounter an accident and he shouted, ''oh my God, help me''. The guy is indirectly saying although he has forsaken God, he still believes he exists, answers prayers and merciful.

To make heaven is not a matter of bodily exercise but based on TRUTH and SPIRIT!

Mathew 9: 16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, KEEP THE COMMANDEMENTS. 18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? 21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be PERFECT, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
Good Atheist are not perfect hence when they get to heaven one-room apartment, bungalows, tents, shall be their possesion while I and those that are PERFECT will inherit masions!
eeya,upon all these things Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ wrote,Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ got yourself only one like.Nairaland wicked O̲̣̣̥oº°˚
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Franky9584(m): 8:40pm On Sep 12, 2013
Some pple hv starting mis-quoting d HolyFATHER. Wel, am not surprise cos reading z different frm undstnding. He jx used parable and some pple are interpreting it literally. Conscience z d in-thing. Alwz do gud
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 12, 2013
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by dareabiola98(m): 8:45pm On Sep 12, 2013
I asked a question earler and gave an advice...Let everyone of us leave the beliefs we were brought up with and start thinking about the creator.I know 1 thing for sure,and that's that we were all created by a creator,and he didn't create us in this life that we may do as we wish but to obey his will...death might take us any minute..but did u listen to the only one that takes and gives life when he sent messangers/warners 2 u? So let us all start from where it all began...From the Al-mighty God,u don't need to be christian,muslim,hindu by definition to enter heaven truly but u have to know and follow the will of God!!!.....Where the problem now lies is wether u know that God who created and creates all that is in this earth and beyond or u r worshipping another thing asides God..whichever 1 ur doing,Think twice about it.God Bless!!!
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by stevkon11(m): 8:48pm On Sep 12, 2013
B4 u destructively criticize pope's assertion, check d definition of (conscience).
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 12, 2013
Christmasdon: . What are you saying? Can't you see! The people are speaking[people's mouth is God's mouth] why can't u concentrate for once. The other day the pope bowed to a female folk which is a taboo. Now he is telling us another thing. Huh! What is this? Am sad this pope is not representing the CaTholic faith well. Some thing has to be done, before it gets out of hands.
pls never quote me again if u dont hv anytn useful to say..bowing to show respect is now a crime?? dont u bow to greet ur elders?..what other thing did he say 2dy?? wht is wrong with what he said? had it been he said pagans wont make heaven, ppl like u ll also say he has no ryt to judge..heaven isnt restricted to anybody or religion, so he ws so right..

btw, we are all talking based on our own beliefs cos nobody knows the mind of God and nobody can dictate who makes heaven or not except God..peace
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 12, 2013
Judas2013: waiting till he tells the truth: God doesn't exist!

Pray tell, how do you know this? Do you have empirical evidence to back up your claim?
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by DonaldGenes(m): 9:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by banky222: 9:16pm On Sep 12, 2013
For the first time, permit me to joing. The ETT fans. I honestly believe d ENDTIME is close. JESUS is the ONLY way.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 12, 2013
@op, the topic u chose for this is so destructive cos the pope never said to atheists tht u dont need to believe in God to make heaven, tht wasnt the way he put it...but cos u wantd to criticize and ridicule d pope, u chose tht topic and I know many nairalanders ll make their judgement from tht without reading the whole write up. .for those who didn't read , see below..

Responding to a list of questions published in the paper by Mr Scalfari,
who is not a Roman Catholic, Francis wrote: “You ask me if the God of
the Christians forgives those who don’t believe and who don’t seek
the faith. I start by saying – and this is the fundamental thing – that
God’s mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere and contrite
heart. The issue for those who do not believe in God is to obey their
conscience.
“Sin, even for those who have no faith, exists when people disobey
their conscience.”

so whts wrong with what he said?? or u were expecting him to say tht muslims and others won't make heaven so tht u can start again to criticize him of being judgemental...human beings are so insatiable

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 9:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
peppy luv: We don't need to defend him cuz he said the truth!he is obviously talking about believin in the christian God.
There are muslims and pple of other religions who don't believe in the christian God that are better than many christians especially your fake good for nothing thieves u call ur pastors!why don't u wait till the last day and let God judge and before then stop being a hypocrite and live right!!
Follow ur right concience. sincere service to humanity is the best way to please God.
God bless the pope!!
I am Catholic and Proud!!!

Don't be carried away by the donation of Bill Gates and co because they sponsor abortion and use of contraceptives. Abortion records for dozens of million deaths of babies every year far worse than all the killings of WWII.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
elampiro: Pope Francis assures atheists: You don’t have to believe in God to go to heaven

In comments likely to enhance his progressive reputation, Pope Francis has written a long, open letter to the founder of La Repubblica newspaper, Eugenio Scalfari, stating that non-believers would be forgiven by God if they followed their consciences.

Responding to a list of questions published in the paper by Mr Scalfari, who is not a Roman Catholic, Francis wrote: “You ask me if the God of the Christians forgives those who don’t believe and who don’t seek the faith. I start by saying – and this is the fundamental thing – that God’s mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere and contrite heart. The issue for those who do not believe in God is to obey their conscience.

“Sin, even for those who have no faith, exists when people disobey their conscience.”

what does the pope mean by the bolded? Gods mercy has no limit if you go to him with a sincere and contrite heart
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 9:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
vivichocs: @op, the topic u chose for this is so destructive cos the pope never said to atheists tht u dont need to believe in God to make heaven, tht wasnt the way he put it...but cos u wantd to criticize and ridicule d pope, u chose tht topic and I know many nairalanders ll make their judgement from tht without reading the whole write up. .for those who didn't read , see below..

Responding to a list of questions published in the paper by Mr Scalfari,
who is not a Roman Catholic, Francis wrote: “You ask me if the God of
the Christians forgives those who don’t believe and who don’t seek
the faith. I start by saying – and this is the fundamental thing – that
God’s mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere and contrite
heart. The issue for those who do not believe in God is to obey their
conscience.
“Sin, even for those who have no faith, exists when people disobey
their conscience.”

so whts wrong with what he said?? or u were expecting him to say tht muslims and others won't make heaven so tht u can start again to criticize him of being judgemental...human beings are so insatiable

I posted it just the way the paper published it to the whole world.

Come to think of it, is Pope Francis inexperience as to give room for him to be misquoted always in his controversial statements? Do you know Pope John Paul II reigned for 25 years and never for once did catholic had to defend any controversial statements? Pope Francis is just few months into his reign and this is the 4th time people are coming to his defence.

What do you have to say to his statement when he said when people go to confession they should tell 'Jesus this is your sin and I will sin again'? He said Jesus is a sinner for us, and so when we sin it is not that we are confessing our sins, but only handing over Jesus sins back to Him.

He is too controversial and seems to have a hidden agenda. The prophecy has told us there will be a Antipope.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by ONUTOPSY(m): 9:40pm On Sep 12, 2013
[/color]"FOR GOD SO LOVE THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE US HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVE IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH BUT HAVE AN EVERLASTING LIFE"EITHER YOU ARE FOR JESUS OR YOU ARE FOR NOTHING. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO BE SAVED BUT THROUGH OUR LORD JESUS. GOD WORDS CAN NEVER CHANGE. EITHER YOU ARE GOD OR YOU ARE FOR SATAN. TO BE SINCERE, POPE MESSAGES ARE THE MESSAGES FROM THE PIT OF HELL.AND THOSE THAT CALL THEMSELF ATHIENS ,PAGAN AND OTHER, I PRAY THAT GOD SHOULD OPEN UR INNER EYES AND DELIVER U FROM D PIT OF HELL. POPE IS DOING D WILL OF HIS FATHER "SATAN"NOT THE WILL OF GOD BECOS GOD CAN NEVER CONTRADICT HIMSELF. WHEN U REJECT CHRIST, YOU BECOME D PROPERTY OF HELL WHEN YOU DIE. HOLINESS, RIGHTEOUNES, TRUTHFULNESS WITH OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST IN YOUR LIFE EQUAL TO HEAVENLY KINGDOM.GIVE YOUR LIFE TO JESUS TODAY AND BE SAVED.[color=#990000]"FOR GOD SO LOVE THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE US HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVE IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH BUT HAVE AN EVERLASTING LIFE"EITHER YOU ARE FOR JESUS OR YOU ARE FOR NOTHING. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO BE SAVED BUT THROUGH OUR LORD JESUS. GOD WORDS CAN NEVER CHANGE. EITHER YOU ARE GOD OR YOU ARE FOR SATAN. TO BE SINCERE, POPE MESSAGES ARE THE MESSAGES FROM THE PIT OF HELL.AND THOSE THAT CALL THEMSELF ATHIENS ,PAGAN AND OTHER, I PRAY THAT GOD SHOULD OPEN UR INNER EYES AND DELIVER U FROM D PIT OF HELL. POPE IS DOING D WILL OF HIS FATHER "SATAN"NOT THE WILL OF GOD BECOS GOD CAN NEVER CONTRADICT HIMSELF. WHEN U REJECT CHRIST, YOU BECOME D PROPERTY OF HELL WHEN YOU DIE. HOLINESS, RIGHTEOUNES, TRUTHFULNESS WITH OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST IN YOUR LIFE EQUAL TO HEAVENLY KINGDOM.GIVE YOUR LIFE TO JESUS TODAY AND BE SAVED."FOR GOD SO LOVE THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE US HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVE IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH BUT HAVE AN EVERLASTING LIFE"EITHER YOU ARE FOR JESUS OR YOU ARE FOR NOTHING. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO BE SAVED BUT THROUGH OUR LORD JESUS. GOD WORDS CAN NEVER CHANGE. EITHER YOU ARE GOD OR YOU ARE FOR SATAN. TO BE SINCERE, POPE MESSAGES ARE THE MESSAGES FROM THE PIT OF HELL.AND THOSE THAT CALL THEMSELF ATHIENS ,PAGAN AND OTHER, I PRAY THAT GOD SHOULD OPEN UR INNER EYES AND DELIVER U FROM D PIT OF HELL. POPE IS DOING D WILL OF HIS FATHER "SATAN"NOT THE WILL OF GOD BECOS GOD CAN NEVER CONTRADICT HIMSELF. WHEN U REJECT CHRIST, YOU BECOME D PROPERTY OF HELL WHEN YOU DIE. HOLINESS, RIGHTEOUNES, TRUTHFULNESS WITH OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST IN YOUR LIFE EQUAL TO HEAVENLY KINGDOM.GIVE YOUR LIFE TO JESUS TODAY AND BE SAVED.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by endy231: 9:45pm On Sep 12, 2013
m.k.o2005:

God is merciful,fair and very very principled ! When Jesus said if you don't believe in HIS words,that you will die in ur sins !
Why didn't Jesus just say well,if you don't believe,it doesn't mean becos i am merciful you will not die in ur sin but make it into heaven ? When He said ''no one cometh to the father except by me'',why didn't he just say,well if you don't believe in me,becos i am merciful i will just allow you go to the father through other sources ?
God is merciful.If God is not merciful HE wouldn't had sent HIS only begotten son to come die for man kind ! Whick kind mercy you dey find again? Simple thing just to believe you said NO and you dey look for mercy !

God help us

Should i start arguing with you. Ofcourse not. i asked 3 simple questions you couldnt answer any of them. The fact remains that the bible didnt fall from the sky, its man that put together those inspired works. Anything could have happened we surely dont know. Your own conviction is that all our ancestors should go to hell, because they did accept Jesus? End time some say is soon, why not save ur strenght, we shall all know the truth very soon.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by eightsin(m): 9:46pm On Sep 12, 2013
It is now glaring that the end is near.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 12, 2013
Proudly CHRISTIAN but i dnt buy d idea that non-Christians who serve God truthfully via their religion wont go to heaven.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Olufhemy(m): 9:56pm On Sep 12, 2013
nedu2000: The pope is pleasing man instead of God,the pope is WRONG....for the bible says,which I believe the pope uses as reference "except a man be born again he won't (even) see the kingdom of God [John3:3].......И̣̣̣̥o pope,cardinal or pastor can convince me otherwise

How then do you explain when he says in Romans 9:15 "I will have mercy on thise I will have mercy on...."
Born Again or no Born again,be mindful dat Isiah 64:6 says we all's righteousness is like filth be4 him.
So are we any better?
Wisdom 9 says "who can decipher the mind of God?
The more reason why I align myself with the pope.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by 3nairalandcom: 10:01pm On Sep 12, 2013
2pac:I thank God for Islam
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by endy231: 10:06pm On Sep 12, 2013
ONUTOPSY: [/color]"FOR GOD SO LOVE THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE US HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVE IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH BUT HAVE AN EVERLASTING LIFE"EITHER YOU ARE FOR JESUS OR YOU ARE FOR NOTHING. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO BE SAVED BUT THROUGH OUR LORD JESUS. GOD WORDS CAN NEVER CHANGE. EITHER YOU ARE GOD OR YOU ARE FOR SATAN. TO BE SINCERE, POPE MESSAGES ARE THE MESSAGES FROM THE PIT OF HELL.AND THOSE THAT CALL THEMSELF ATHIENS ,PAGAN AND OTHER, I PRAY THAT GOD SHOULD OPEN UR INNER EYES AND DELIVER U FROM D PIT OF HELL. POPE IS DOING D WILL OF HIS FATHER "SATAN"NOT THE WILL OF GOD BECOS GOD CAN NEVER CONTRADICT HIMSELF. WHEN U REJECT CHRIST, YOU BECOME D PROPERTY OF HELL WHEN YOU DIE. HOLINESS, RIGHTEOUNES, TRUTHFULNESS WITH OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST IN YOUR LIFE EQUAL TO HEAVENLY KINGDOM.GIVE YOUR LIFE TO JESUS TODAY AND BE SAVED.[color=#990000]"FOR GOD SO LOVE THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE US HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVE IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH BUT HAVE AN EVERLASTING LIFE"EITHER YOU ARE FOR JESUS OR YOU ARE FOR NOTHING. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO BE SAVED BUT THROUGH OUR LORD JESUS. GOD WORDS CAN NEVER CHANGE. EITHER YOU ARE GOD OR YOU ARE FOR SATAN. TO BE SINCERE, POPE MESSAGES ARE THE MESSAGES FROM THE PIT OF HELL.AND THOSE THAT CALL THEMSELF ATHIENS ,PAGAN AND OTHER, I PRAY THAT GOD SHOULD OPEN UR INNER EYES AND DELIVER U FROM D PIT OF HELL. POPE IS DOING D WILL OF HIS FATHER "SATAN"NOT THE WILL OF GOD BECOS GOD CAN NEVER CONTRADICT HIMSELF. WHEN U REJECT CHRIST, YOU BECOME D PROPERTY OF HELL WHEN YOU DIE. HOLINESS, RIGHTEOUNES, TRUTHFULNESS WITH OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST IN YOUR LIFE EQUAL TO HEAVENLY KINGDOM.GIVE YOUR LIFE TO JESUS TODAY AND BE SAVED."FOR GOD SO LOVE THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE US HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVE IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH BUT HAVE AN EVERLASTING LIFE"EITHER YOU ARE FOR JESUS OR YOU ARE FOR NOTHING. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO BE SAVED BUT THROUGH OUR LORD JESUS. GOD WORDS CAN NEVER CHANGE. EITHER YOU ARE GOD OR YOU ARE FOR SATAN. TO BE SINCERE, POPE MESSAGES ARE THE MESSAGES FROM THE PIT OF HELL.AND THOSE THAT CALL THEMSELF ATHIENS ,PAGAN AND OTHER, I PRAY THAT GOD SHOULD OPEN UR INNER EYES AND DELIVER U FROM D PIT OF HELL. POPE IS DOING D WILL OF HIS FATHER "SATAN"NOT THE WILL OF GOD BECOS GOD CAN NEVER CONTRADICT HIMSELF. WHEN U REJECT CHRIST, YOU BECOME D PROPERTY OF HELL WHEN YOU DIE. HOLINESS, RIGHTEOUNES, TRUTHFULNESS WITH OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST IN YOUR LIFE EQUAL TO HEAVENLY KINGDOM.GIVE YOUR LIFE TO JESUS TODAY AND BE SAVED.

I just prayed to God to forgive you, if only you know what are doing to yourself. Saying that the pope is doing the will of satan. I really would love to pity you. You are trying to win souls yet you are insulting a man of God. Am sure ur own very pastor would not even say such a thing. Truthfully reading through your write-up, i am of the opinion that it is indeed you that needs to be saved. Everyone is entitled to his opinion, u dont have to Judge the Pope, by calling him the son of satan. That his views doesnt tally with ur views doesnt make the pope evil.
Ask your self these questions;
Who are my?
What have i done for God?
How faithful are my with my tithes and offerings?
How offen do i give without thinking of reward?
How often do i give to the needy in the society i live?
Are my in the right position to judge or condemn another man?
Are my in the right position to judge or condemn a man of God?

Guy be wise. Dont bite more than you can chew. nairaland people will not be their to say sorry. What if you are wrong, do you know the magnitude of punishment that may be waiting. God is merciful, i advise you to pray for mercy and forgiveness.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 10:09pm On Sep 12, 2013
blessed4ever: The Lord's Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement presents a two-day power-packed international Youth and Campus program, titled,'THAT WE MIGHT BE BLESSED',in Lagos,Nigeria, at the Lord's Chosen International HQ, Ijesha (stop at Ijesha Bus stop) this week Friday and Saturday, 13th & 14th September, 2013. Time: 8.00 am daily. All youths in high schools, School Leavers, Jambites, Campus students, Youth Corp Members,Academic and Non-academic staffs are all invited.

The General Overseer, Pastor Lazarus Muoka will be ministering in the power of the Holy Spirit.

The Lame will walk, the deaf will hear, the dumb will speak, the blind will see, yoke of barrenness or delay in marriage will break,yoke of sin will break,HIV will be healed...all sicknesses will receive technical knockout, yoke of academic failure or mediocrity will break, failure in business will be forgotten...you will be delivered from evil spirit attack upon your life, family, finanace, career, academics etc. The God of the Chosen (the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) will visit you. Come all and be blessed.
Jesus is Lord!!!!!!!!!!!

I beg go and open another thread for this fake miracle worker and prosperity preacher. Don't derail this thread. We are not here for kindergarten Christianity and churches.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by elampiro(m): 10:16pm On Sep 12, 2013
My advise to Catholic at this time is that they should listen to Catholic end time visionaries. They have long prophesied these things and they are still talking. The time is short before the Tribulation begins. Get ready and prepared. I have the link of some catholic visionaries websites.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by tunapa2009(m): 10:18pm On Sep 12, 2013
Judas2013:

Shut up! my friend had an accident and his superman comic book remained intact. Superman does exist bro

If you believe God doesn't exist? I have some questions for you??
Do you believe in the existence of Isaac Newton?
Do you believe in the solar system and the sun? How did they come into existence? Do you believe in celestial bodies? What is the explanation for it?
Do you think you exist? How sure are you? Illusion right What gives you the impression that death real?? Illusion abi?
Answer theses questions first?
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by italo: 10:27pm On Sep 12, 2013
Wrong! Every pope's statements have always been controversial to the world.

That's why Peter was crucified upside down. That's why Jesus was crucified 'upside up.' Controversial statements misunderstood by the world.

elampiro:

I posted it just the way the paper published it to the whole world.

Come to think of it, is Pope Francis inexperience as to give room for him to be misquoted always in his controversial statements? Do you know Pope John Paul II reigned for 25 years and never for once did catholic had to defend any controversial statements? Pope Francis is just few months into his reign and this is the 4th time people are coming to his defence.

What do you have to say to his statement when he said when people go to confession they should tell 'Jesus this is your sin and I will sin again'? He said Jesus is a sinner for us, and so when we sin it is not that we are confessing our sins, but only handing over Jesus sins back to Him.

He is too controversial and seems to have a hidden agenda. The prophecy has told us there will be a Antipope.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by asamaigho(m): 10:40pm On Sep 12, 2013
the pagans(catholics) are now telling us (christians) who will go to heaven,lol!

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 12, 2013
the bible says dat not all that call him father shall enter the kingdom of God
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by obuji: 10:46pm On Sep 12, 2013
nedu2000: The pope is pleasing man instead of God,the pope is WRONG....for the bible says,which I believe the pope uses as reference "except a man be born again he won't (even) see the kingdom of God [John3:3].......И̣̣̣̥o pope,cardinal or pastor can convince me otherwise
so when did the baptism of Holy Ghost and that of water started? You are telling me now that before Jesus, all the Old Testament people are going to hell?
Think twice my dear..
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 12, 2013
obuji: so when did the baptism of Holy Ghost and that of water started? You are telling me now that before Jesus, all the Old Testament people are going to hell?
Think twice my dear..
the people of old will be judged by the laws/standards God had for them during their time
the ignorant little babies (dat died) will be overlooked.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by obuji: 10:53pm On Sep 12, 2013
idnoble135: Nobody will make heaven without going through Jesus.
#Bewareoftheleavenofthisfolks
do not be speaking like the pharises. What is the meaning of "through Jesus"
Jesus is the word..
And Jesus Said that his word is now written in the heart of every person. Which means every one already has Jesus in his or her heart. All you have to do is follow the word that is put in your heart already.
Which is the same thing the pope is saying.
Some of you Christian are so blind folded
With this bible thing.
Re: Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 12, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman & Wife, Lizzy Loved Up Like Never Before In New Photos / Biodun Fatoyinbo And His N1m Gucci Tote Bag (photo) / Prophet T.B. Joshua Prophecy Causes Couple To Collapse (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.