Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,217 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? (1959 Views)

Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF / Tinubu - 'Hold Jonathan If Anything Happens To Me' / Governor Fashola Will Be President 2015 If He Contests Under APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by iamdsam: 12:03pm On Sep 12, 2013
Looking at the way our politicians are gearing up for the 2015 elections even though we still got two years to go has forced me to raise this topic. Though president Goodluck Jonathan hasn't publicly stated that he's going to contest come 2015 election, we've noticed and seen some backstage attempts been made by President Goodluck Jonathan which portrays his interest in contesting for the election. Nairaland as a forum which is made up of viable youths of our dear country are surely gonna participate in the election come 2015. I like us to do a little review of what Goodluck Jonathan has done in Nigeria since he assumed office after Yaradua's death. Would you vote for Goodluck Jonathan come 2015 if he contests? If you would, give reasons why and if you would not, also give your reasons. As for me though, I won't vote for him. He hasn't been able to rule up to expectations. Let's get this going
Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by iamdsam: 12:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
I would vote for Goodluck Jonathan. Click like>>>

34 Likes

Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by iamdsam: 12:10pm On Sep 12, 2013
I won't vote for Goodluck Jonathan. Click like>>>

25 Likes

Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by Beaf1: 12:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
Nope. We now know that he is Dr. Badluck Jonathan. And there will be no Obasanjo to help him out. Sorry cry

4 Likes

Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by hadtim: 12:18pm On Sep 12, 2013
No way. He is such a weakling. His wife is also not helping matters with her childish behaviour in the rivers state crisis. The only good tin he was done so far was his effOrt aNd little intervention is boko haraM. Dat d only tin I will give him credit for. But he has really taken us backwards.

1 Like

Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by ShineIt: 12:24pm On Sep 12, 2013
@OP.
Who made you INEC head?

I can tell you the results of 2015 election. You should worry about the 2019 election.

On behalf of #FAT# (Fresh air Tinz) I say

NO SURRENDER

1 Like

Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 12, 2013
Na wa o! People still talking about 2015? That one is gone...Open a thread for 2019, FRESH AIR till 2019

9 Likes

Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by deeptesting(m): 12:28pm On Sep 12, 2013
No way....I am not going to vote someone who does not give a damn about those that voted him into power, too many failed promises, our economy is worst than he met it, We were in school when we voted for him, now we are out of school base on strike things, i threw away my tiger generator i was managing because he promised a stable light within 14 months now i am in total darkness, every day dem say GDP has improved, na GDP we go chop? Na so we go dey dey?

1 Like

Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by ITbomb(m): 12:32pm On Sep 12, 2013
Not only voting for GEJ , I will vigorously campaign for him

5 Likes

Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by stebell(m): 12:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
Beaf!:
Nope. We now know that he is Dr. Badluck Jonathan. And there will be no Obasanjo to help him out. Sorry cry
Unam stay there make water pass yu like garri. Obj dat cudnt deliver his daughter in Ogun State. His tym has passed. GEJ don't need him any more. He shud jus resign to his farm in Otta. #Fresh Air# every where yu go jare

1 Like

Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by DaLover(m): 12:46pm On Sep 12, 2013
iamdsam: Looking at the way our politicians are gearing up for the 2015 elections even though we still got two years to go has forced me to raise this topic. Though president Goodluck Jonathan hasn't publicly stated that he's going to contest come 2015 election, we've noticed and seen some backstage attempts been made by President Goodluck Jonathan which portrays his interest in contesting for the election. Nairaland as a forum which is made up of viable youths of our dear country are surely gonna participate in the election come 2015. I like us to do a little review of what Goodluck Jonathan has done in Nigeria since he assumed office after Yaradua's death. Would you vote for Goodluck Jonathan come 2015 if he contests? If you would, give reasons why and if you would not, also give your reasons. As for me though, I won't vote for him. He hasn't been able to rule up to expectations. Let's get this going

Could you list your expectations? I wold like to know, because some people have unrealistic expectations, some due to genuine ignorance others really know what is achievable within a 2 year period, but out of sheer evil decide to deceive the rest because they cannot understand how a south south minority man would be ruling over them.
There are also others who have been groomed to believe that someone else should be responsible for providing a subsidized existence for them, someone should pay for their fuel, food, transport, health, education, housing etc, because the govt pot of money is a bottomless pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

There is not easy way to solve Nigeria's problems apart from facing them head on, I remember through out the 8 years of obj, it was continuous fuel scarcity, it took the strong will of GEj, to burst through the subsidy budget limitations to ensure there was constant flow at he pumps, and then he told everyone the truth that the subsidy had to go, because it is nobodies right to be subsidized.
gEJ is a many that is thoughtful, thinks long term and does not rush into decisions.

There is a world of difference between carrying out populist actions and slowly finding out actions that would provide a sustenance basis for the Nigerian entrepreneur to build the middle class.
In this regards GEJ has initiated 2 out of the four things required to build he middle class.
1- full speed deregulation of the power sector, I don't need to throw so much light on this.
2- full deregulation of the downstream petroleum sector, this should enable a proliferation of refineries and petrol chemical plants across the length and breath of the country.

The other two might not be easily achievable due to the laziness and dependence of the SW and North of crude oil of the 9ja delta. The fear that these two will be initiated is the real reason for the opposition to the GEJ administration by the the SW and the core north, NE & NW.

3- implementation of true federalism where each component of the country wold contribute a portion of their internally generated wealth to he running of the FG, business and individuals pay taxes to lgas, LGA pay taxes to states, states pay taxes to FG.
This should kill the current unproductivity in this country.

4- remove government from the business of going into businesses at all levels, sports, education, oil industry, steel plants, health etc. concentrate governments on creating conducive environment for business to run profitably and safely through policy making and regulation.

9 Likes

Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by DaLover(m): 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2013
hadtim: No way. He is such a weakling. His wife is also not helping matters with her childish behaviour in the rivers state crisis. The only good tin he was done so far was his effOrt aNd little intervention is boko haraM. Dat d only tin I will give him credit for. But he has really taken us backwards.

People barking abuses, whipping others with koboko to stand in line, chasing enemies with EFCC, bypassing processes and procedures because it seams for a good cause are people of strength abi. Implementing actions that seam populist
You definitely do not know what strength in leadership means
Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by iamdsam: 12:57pm On Sep 12, 2013
Shine It: @OP.
Who made you INEC head?

I can tell you the results of 2015 election. You should worry about the 2019 election.

On behalf of #FAT# (Fresh air Tinz) I say

NO SURRENDER
Ha ha! This isn't fair nah. Are you trying to tell me that 2015 elections would be the same rigging thing?
Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by Olaolufred(m): 1:23pm On Sep 12, 2013
NO.

1 Like

Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 12, 2013
I wouldn't have answered this topic because neither mine nor others comments is capable of determininig who wins 2015 election.But looking back on my reasons for joining NL,i remembered i joined for reasons like this - To make d world know we are blessed with a sincere,hardworking,visionary,deserving,noble,impartial,success driven President in the person of Goodluck Jonathan.A man worthy of a role model,a silent achiever,the peoples president.
I will vote for this God sent president again,again and again.
FRESH AIR TILL 2019.
No vacancy in Aso rock.

6 Likes

Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by Lordlexy: 1:37pm On Sep 12, 2013
@DaLover. When has initiating policies demands expense of money? Nobody entirely fault the removal of subsidy, but the timing was anti ppl. Again, you will agree with me that even after it was partially removed, the funds have not been judiciosly used because, so far, there are little evidence to that effect. Lastly, a government that's unable to a considerable measure meet the social -basic needs of her citizens such as housing, portable water and security cannot be said to have performed. It is also understandable the junk of income this govt generated from oil is quite unprecedented when you compared it with the previou govt and for that singular reason, in general, most ppl share the sentiment that this govt should have done more. Today, without prejudice, you cannot turn to 3 sectors of the economy and claim they have reached their peak in terms of performances and service delivery. Granted that Mr. President inherited most of the decay, but then, that was the more reason why Nigerians overwhemely voted him to bring sanity. The wanton level of corruption cannot be described as sanity, the unabated insecurity and all of that are indices that could rub the President of what ever glory you claim he achieved. Also, this corruption is rift virtually in all sectors that it appears like it has been instituted. Two years fairly, is enough to restore the ppl's confidence. I wish him well and success.
Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by Evyuc(m): 1:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
Before i said i wil vote 4 him so dat d haters can cry til 2019 but now i hv made some amendment, i wil not only vote 4 him but wil also mak sure dat i do wht we call executive riging for his favour. So far u pple can't allow him 2 complete his one term happly ad efficiently.

4 Likes

Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by Dpeacemaker101: 1:56pm On Sep 12, 2013
No need to ask this question, he is already there. GEJ 2015

4 Likes

Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 12, 2013
Till the opposition presents a more credible candidate Y*E*S.
Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by iamdsam: 2:29pm On Sep 12, 2013
Can these people supporting Goodluck Jonathan give reasonable and gullible reasons why they'll vote for him because I don't see any reason to

1 Like

Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by Longeria(m): 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2013
deeptesting: No way....I am not going to vote someone who does not give a damn about those that voted him into power, too many failed promises, our economy is worst than he met it, We were in school when we voted for him, now we are out of school base on strike things, i threw away my tiger generator i was managing because he promised a stable light within 14 months now i am in total darkness, every day dem say GDP has improved, na GDP we go chop? Na so we go dey dey?

Lies go kill you.
Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by KnowAll(m): 3:01pm On Sep 12, 2013
[size=18pt]Dead cert Jonathan's State if a general election is called Tommorrow[/size]

1. Bayelsa State - 99.99%

2. Rivers State - Obviously if a free and fair election were to prevail in Rivers state, the result would have been a split vote but as it were, na naija we dey, the Feds would do what Kwara State Electoral Commission did in Offa Last week. I don't want to burst anyone's buble, Amechi has no chance of ganering votes from Jonathan's strong-hold even though common-sense and logics tells me it should be split vote down the wire. - 95%

3. Ondo State - Even if the people vote APC, PDP would still carry the day na naija we dey - 75%

4. Benue - Jonathan - 80%

5. Pleateu State - Jonathan -85%

6. Anambra State- Jonathan -95%

7. Imo State - Even though it is Okorocha's strong-hold the feds would arm twist INEC to gather at least - 50%

8. Ebonyi - Jonathan - 90%

9. Enungu - Jonathan - 90%

10. Abia - Jonathan- 90%

11. Delta - Jonathan - 75%

12. Edo- Jonathan - 75%

13. Lagos- Jonathan - 45% which would translate to massive votes in terms of population figures

14. Kwara - Jonathan- 40% if the PDP Crisis continues

15. Kano -Jonathan -20% if the PDP CRisis continues

16. Adamawa - Jonathan -40% if PDP Crisis continues

17. Borno - 20%

18. Yobe - 20%

19. Oyo State- 40%

20.Ogun - 20%

21. Oshun - 15%

22. Ekiti -30%

23. Kogi - 75%

24. Nassarawa- 50%

25. Kaduna - 60%

26. Kebbi - 35%

27. Niger - 35%

28. Sokoto - 30%

29. Zamfara - 35%

30. Jigawa - 30%

31. Bauchi- 45%

32- Gombe - 50%

33 - Taraba - 60%

34- Cross River - 85%

35- Akwa Ibom -95%

36. Katsina - 40%

Going by this analysis, it might end up being a dead heat or Jonathan edging it. What do you people think. The power of incumbent cannot be under-estimated, and the machinery of the state at his disposal is of tremendous clout that cannot be discounted.
Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 12, 2013
2. Rivers State - Obviously if a free and fair election
were to prevail in Rivers state, the result would have
been a split vote but as it were, na naija we dey, the
Feds would do what Kwara State Electoral Commission
did in Offa Last week. I don't want to burst anyone's
buble, Amechi has no chance of ganering votes from
Jonathan's strong-hold even though common-sense and
logics tells me it should be split vote down the wire. -
95%
3. Ondo State - Even if the people vote APC, PDP
would still carry the day na naija we dey - 60%
4. Benue - Jonathan - 50%
6. Anambra State- Jonathan -(depends on November election) %
7. Imo State - Even though it is Okorocha's strong-hold
the feds would arm twist INEC to gather at least - 50%
10. Abia - Jonathan- 90%
12. Edo- Jonathan - 50%
13. Lagos- Jonathan - 40% which would translate to
massive votes in terms of population figures
17. Borno - 20%
18. Yobe - 20%
19. Oyo State- 30%
20.Ogun - 20%
21. Oshun - 15%
22. Ekiti -20%
23. Kogi - 60%
24. Nassarawa- 40%
25. Kaduna - 50%
26. Kebbi - 35%
27. Niger - 35%
28. Sokoto - 30%
29. Zamfara - 35%
30. Jigawa - 30%
31. Bauchi- 45%
32- Gombe - 40%
33 - Taraba - 40%
34- Cross River - 85%
35- Akwa Ibom -95%
36. Katsina - 30%

1 Like

Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by Vanityupnvanity(m): 3:51pm On Sep 12, 2013
KnowAll: [size=18pt]Dead cert Jonathan's State if a general election is called Tommorrow[/size]

2. Rivers State - Obviously if a free and fair election were to prevail in Rivers state, the result would have been a split vote but as it were, na naija we dey, the Feds would do what Kwara State Electoral Commission did in Offa Last week. I don't want to burst anyone's buble, Amechi has no chance of ganering votes from Jonathan's strong-hold even though common-sense and logics tells me it should be split vote down the wire. - 95%

3. Ondo State - Even if the people vote APC, PDP would still carry the day na naija we dey - 75%

7. Imo State - Even though it is Okorocha's strong-hold the feds would arm twist INEC to gather at least - 50%

10. Abia - Jonathan- 90%

12. Edo- Jonathan - 75%

13. Lagos- Jonathan - 45% which would translate to massive votes in terms of population figures

16[s]. Adamawa - Jonathan -40% if PDP Crisis continues
[/s]70%
17. Borno - 20%

18. Yobe - 20%

19. Oyo State- 40%

20.Ogun - 20%

21. Oshun - 15%

22. Ekiti -30%

23. Kogi - 75%

24. Nassarawa- 50%

25. Kaduna - 60%

26. Kebbi - 35%

27. Niger - 35%

28. Sokoto - 30%

29. Zamfara - 35%

30. Jigawa - 30%

31. Bauchi- 45%

32- Gombe - 50%

33 - Taraba - 60%

34- Cross River - 85%

35- Akwa Ibom -95%

36. Katsina - 40%

Going by this analysis, it might end up being a dead heat or Jonathan edging it. What do you people think. The power of incumbent cannot be under-estimated, and the machinery of the state at his disposal is of tremendous clout that cannot be discounted.
beware of adamawa figure.
Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by KnowAll(m): 4:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^^^^%

Are u saying 70% would support GEJ, If d PDP crisis continues?
Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by DaLover(m): 6:25pm On Sep 12, 2013
Lordlexy: @DaLover. When has initiating policies demands expense of money? Nobody entirely fault the removal of subsidy, but the timing was anti ppl. Again, you will agree with me that even after it was partially removed, the funds have not been judiciosly used because, so far, there are little evidence to that effect. Lastly, a government that's unable to a considerable measure meet the social -basic needs of her citizens such as housing, portable water and security cannot be said to have performed. It is also understandable the junk of income this govt generated from oil is quite unprecedented when you compared it with the previou govt and for that singular reason, in general, most ppl share the sentiment that this govt should have done more. Today, without prejudice, you cannot turn to 3 sectors of the economy and claim they have reached their peak in terms of performances and service delivery. Granted that Mr. President inherited most of the decay, but then, that was the more reason why Nigerians overwhemely voted him to bring sanity. The wanton level of corruption cannot be described as sanity, the unabated insecurity and all of that are indices that could rub the President of what ever glory you claim he achieved. Also, this corruption is rift virtually in all sectors that it appears like it has been instituted. Two years fairly, is enough to restore the ppl's confidence. I wish him well and success.

Lordlexy,
I would like to start with your reference to timing, and I will state categorically that at no time will it ever be perfect to remove subsidy from fuel, be it now, present or past...
How exactly did you confirm that the monies not channeled into subsidy are not being utilized? Do you have empirical evidence or you just felt like writing it?
Let me give a quick example, assuming the FG has $15b to spend annually on infrastructure (capital expenditure), there is a conservative estimate out there that nigeria needs about $200b to bring our infrastructure up to par, I.e decent infrastructure, not European or American standard or anything of a sort, cos those guys spend trillions of dollars achieving that.

Here your government has $15b annually, wouldn't it be sensible to scrap the $1b used to fund subsidy and increase this figure to $16b.
The fact that he figure has increase from $15 to $16 doesn't mean that infrastructure will magically appear because the infrastructure the country country requires is in excess of $200b. The solution is to phase the projects and Cary them out small small.

The best ways to reduce corruption is not by chasing around with poorly paid EFCC officials, it is to reduce the opportunities for corruption.
These opportunities come when govt engages itself in running businesses it should stay away from. Running banks, running pension funds, running universities, hospitals, oil establishments, airports, telecoms, power etc.. If the govt should stop running all these things, corruption will reduce drastically. But unfortunately, instead of our people asking for these to happen, we are busy asking the govt that is poor to run these govt established business as though it had the money to so.

Another way to increase the revenue accuruable to the FG is implementation of resource control
Presently the total revenue in the coffers of the FG is about $80b,
States and LGs get 55% or about $44b, balance is $38b
Recurrent expenditures is about 60% of $38b or $23b
$15b is left for capital expenditure.

If resource control is implemented with 83% tax even
Six ND states generate about $80b and pay 87% tax to FG or $70b
Lets assume the other six zone generate revenues and pay tax to the FG, based on education level and resources available

ND=$70b
SW=$140b
SE= $70b
NW=$20b
NC=$35b
NE=$20b

Total accuruable to FG annual should be $355b.
But instead of fighting for resource control and how components of the contry can become productive contributors we are all fighting to control the presidency and by extension, the nigerdelta oil

3 Likes

Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by atlwireles: 6:46pm On Sep 12, 2013
KnowAll: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^%

Are u saying 70% would support GEJ, If d PDP crisis continues?

There is no PDP crisis in adamawa, just a Nyako problem. Remember, the man won reelection by 52%. He is very unpopular in the state. One reason, PDP almost took him off the ticket in 2012. Adamawa at 70% for GEJ is very correct.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by iamdsam: 8:20pm On Sep 12, 2013
I'm a Deltan and I can bet that many people aren't willing to vote for Goodluck Jonathan. The expectations people had for Jonathan aren't been meant. He hasn't fulfilled his numerous promises. If there's no rigging, Jonathan won't be able to win this 2015 election coming and there will be a big conflict Nigeria if Goodluck Jonathan clinches the election through rigging

1 Like

Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by atlwireles: 9:07pm On Sep 12, 2013
iamdsam: I'm a Deltan and I can bet that many people aren't willing to vote for Goodluck Jonathan. The expectations people had for Jonathan aren't been meant. He hasn't fulfilled his numerous promises. If there's no rigging, Jonathan won't be able to win this 2015 election coming and there will be a big conflict Nigeria if Goodluck Jonathan clinches the election through rigging

You know so much in delta Politics, that's why DPP is currently governing the state. APC chances in delta is a big fat zero. Only delta central will vote against goodluck, about 40% against him. All other zones is smooth sailing.

1 Like

Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by ConcernMan: 10:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
GOODLUCK JONATHAN all the way
Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by deeptesting(m): 10:16pm On Sep 12, 2013
Longeria:

Lies go kill you.

The truth will save you....speak the truth.
Re: Would You Vote For Jonathan If He Contests For 2015 Election? by Buchianom(m): 10:25pm On Sep 12, 2013
KnowAll: [size=18pt]Dead cert Jonathan's State if a general election is called Tommorrow[/size]

10. Abia - Jonathan- 90%

12. Edo- Jonathan - 75%

17. Borno - 20%

18. Yobe - 20%

19. Oyo State- 40%

20.Ogun - 20%

21. Oshun - 15%

22. Ekiti -30%

23. Kogi - 75%

24. Nassarawa- 50%

25. Kaduna - 60%

26. Kebbi - 35%

27. Niger - 35%

28. Sokoto - 30%

29. Zamfara - 35%

30. Jigawa - 30%

31. Bauchi- 45%

32- Gombe - 50%

33 - Taraba - 60%

34- Cross River - 85%

35- Akwa Ibom -95%

36. Katsina - 40%

ENUGU-- 101%

Lagos-- 60%

Kano--55% or more....

Lagos myt even be more than 60%

Its fresh air till 2019!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ekiti Elections: Hard Lessons For APC – Femi Fani- Kayode / Community Awareness And Development Network (CAWAN) - Join Us. / Reasons Why Apc Doesn't Represent Change!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.