Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF (19101 Views)

Restructuring: It Will Not Be Easy For The North To Give Up Its Advantages - NEF / Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan / Biafra Agitation: Arewa Youths Write ACF, NEF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by myners007: 6:18am On Jan 26, 2016
The Deputy National Leader of the Northern Elders Forum, Dr. Paul Unongo, has said that former President Goodluck Jonathan should be probed over the $2.1bn arms deal.

Unongo, who was power and steel minister in the Second Republic, said the former President should be jailed if found to have corruptly enriched himself in the $2.1bn arms deal and refuses to refund his share of the loot.

Unongo, however, said the former President deserved consideration for conceding defeat in the last general elections and by helping the country to avert an impending national crisis.

These two facts, according to him, should make his punishments mild if found guilty of stolen funds.

Unongo, who spoke with our correspondent in a telephone interview on Monday, said, “There are three points to make on the arms probe. The first is that Jonathan deserves a special consideration for his contribution to democratic culture in Nigeria and for enabling us to avert a national crisis by conceding defeat during the general elections. He also mobilised support for the present government. Jonathan was great in defeat. He is a hero for doing this.

“Secondly, if the anti-graft agency can prove beyond reasonable doubt that he diverted public funds and if Jonathan agrees to return the stolen funds, he should not be humiliated but he should be given due consideration.

“Thirdly, if it is proved by a transparent process that he stole the country’s money and he refuses to return it, then the law should take its course, whether he is a former President or not. He should be prosecuted and jailed. This is important in order to serve as a deterrent to others.”

Unongo slammed Jonathan’s advisers who have been justifying their roles in the alleged diversion of the arms funds based on the excuse that they acted under instructions from the Presidency.

He said Jonathan’s advisers should be held liable for their actions because they had the opportunity to advise the President against any form of illegality.

According to him, Jonathan’s advisers and ministers who were uncomfortable with his style of governance should have resigned their appointments if the President did not follow their advice.

“I was a minister in this country and that did not stop me from speaking the truth to the President. Jonathan’s advisers who are claiming they acted under instructions to justify their alleged theft are lying.

“Jonathan paid them to advise him so they are liable for their actions. If you advised Jonathan rightly and he said no, you should have resigned your appointment,” he stressed.

The former minister also added that the Federal Government had not ordered the arrest of Jonathan because the government ‘was trying to be careful and abide by the dictates of the law in order not to be seen as dictatorial’.

He said, “I think President Buhari is trying to be careful in not summoning Jonathan so far. I don’t believe there was an agreement President Buhari had not to probe Jonathan as being reported.”
http://www.punchng.com/probe-jail-jonathan-if-found-guilty-nef/

1 Like

Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by benedictnsi(m): 6:19am On Jan 26, 2016
[size=14pt] All of una just d carry oga Jona mata for head like gala..... Shame go catch una very soon cheesy

Oga Jona dey were he dey d laugh una becos all of una battery just remain only one-bar (5%) grin kwantinue till una go die pinish.... Sheegee!!!

GEJ our hero......
[/size]

176 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by ZKOSOSO(m): 6:26am On Jan 26, 2016
Ok! Go ahead!
Truth is calling!!
APC want the imaginary $2.1Bn to stay glued.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by Nobody: 6:28am On Jan 26, 2016
Great where is lalasticlala sef?
Day don break for Otuoke
This has been stated clearly .......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by eleko1: 6:38am On Jan 26, 2016
Jona.......I am not a thief embarassed sad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by johnmark1234(m): 6:43am On Jan 26, 2016
myners007:
The Deputy National Leader of the Northern Elders Forum, Dr. Paul Unongo, has said that former President Goodluck Jonathan should be probed over the $2.1bn arms deal.

Unongo, who was power and steel minister in the Second Republic, said the former President should be jailed if found to have corruptly enriched himself in the $2.1bn arms deal and refuses to refund his share of the loot.

Unongo, however, said the former President deserved consideration for conceding defeat in the last general elections and by helping the country to avert an impending national crisis.

These two facts, according to him, should make his punishments mild if found guilty of stolen funds.

Unongo, who spoke with our correspondent in a telephone interview on Monday, said, “There are three points to make on the arms probe. The first is that Jonathan deserves a special consideration for his contribution to democratic culture in Nigeria and for enabling us to avert a national crisis by conceding defeat during the general elections. He also mobilised support for the present government. Jonathan was great in defeat. He is a hero for doing this.

“Secondly, if the anti-graft agency can prove beyond reasonable doubt that he diverted public funds and if Jonathan agrees to return the stolen funds, he should not be humiliated but he should be given due consideration.

“Thirdly, if it is proved by a transparent process that he stole the country’s money and he refuses to return it, then the law should take its course, whether he is a former President or not. He should be prosecuted and jailed. This is important in order to serve as a deterrent to others.”

Unongo slammed Jonathan’s advisers who have been justifying their roles in the alleged diversion of the arms funds based on the excuse that they acted under instructions from the Presidency.

He said Jonathan’s advisers should be held liable for their actions because they had the opportunity to advise the President against any form of illegality.

According to him, Jonathan’s advisers and ministers who were uncomfortable with his style of governance should have resigned their appointments if the President did not follow their advice.

“I was a minister in this country and that did not stop me from speaking the truth to the President. Jonathan’s advisers who are claiming they acted under instructions to justify their alleged theft are lying.

“Jonathan paid them to advise him so they are liable for their actions. If you advised Jonathan rightly and he said no, you should have resigned your appointment,” he stressed.

The former minister also added that the Federal Government had not ordered the arrest of Jonathan because the government ‘was trying to be careful and abide by the dictates of the law in order not to be seen as dictatorial’.

He said, “I think President Buhari is trying to be careful in not summoning Jonathan so far. I don’t believe there was an agreement President Buhari had not to probe Jonathan as being reported.”
http://www.punchng.com/probe-jail-jonathan-if-found-guilty-nef/
see them so IBB Abubaka and Obasanjo should leave and get away whit there billions. touch Jonathan and see 'What will happen. Monkey

143 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by abduljabbar4(m): 6:47am On Jan 26, 2016
johnmark1234:
see them so IBB Abubaka and Obasanjo should leave and get away whit there billions. touch Jonathan and see 'What will happen. Monkey

What can you do if he is touched? What happened to the yellow monkey a.k.a namumudu kanu?. Even boko haram doesn't make noise like u guys

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by Agimor(m): 6:53am On Jan 26, 2016
johnmark1234:
A typical IPOB.They dare Buhari to touch thier dilector and see what become of Nig he did and heaven didn't fall. Ipob is an equation of chest beater nobody will take you guys serious.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by captainflash(m): 7:05am On Jan 26, 2016
eleko1:
Jona.......I am not a thief embarassed sad.

Buhari: cheesy oga GEJ you be thief...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by orisa37: 7:08am On Jan 26, 2016
No Unongo. Dasuki is responsible enough for that risk. Leave the fmr. President alone.

4 Likes

Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by captainflash(m): 7:11am On Jan 26, 2016
johnmark1234:
cheesy ..You' just killed English, Congratulation Bro.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by johnmark1234(m): 7:14am On Jan 26, 2016
Agimor:
A typical IPOB.They dare Buhari to touch thier dilector and see what become of Nig he did and heaven didn't fall. Ipob is an equation of chest beater nobody will take you guys serious.
I think you should' not compare Jonathan whit KANU. You should compare him whit IBB Abubaka and Obasanjo

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by TimeManager(m): 7:19am On Jan 26, 2016
The tales of wailers is such that they do not so much believed in Jonathan nor their lives were any better with him but just because they so much hate Buhari..
The truth has spoken!

4 Likes

Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by johnmark1234(m): 7:21am On Jan 26, 2016
captnflash:
cheesy ..You' just killed English, Congratulation Bro.
English na ur papa language someone like u cant even write ur native language Shem on u. Go ask China and Russia Mumu. I'm IGBO man not English man so be proud of who u are.

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by mtcheeew: 7:25am On Jan 26, 2016
johnmark1234:
Shem un u
u even sabi chine too

1 Like

Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by johnmark1234(m): 7:30am On Jan 26, 2016
mtcheeew:
u even sabi chine too
Mad man I don't have ur time. I don't know but I know ur mother pussy

1 Like

Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by BALLOSKI: 7:32am On Jan 26, 2016
Gbam!
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by mtcheeew: 7:35am On Jan 26, 2016
johnmark1234:
Mad man I don't have ur time. I don't know but I know ur mother pussy
hehehe..if ppl see your obituary now,dem go dey pity u..park well abeg u in God's name.

3 Likes

Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by johnmark1234(m): 7:39am On Jan 26, 2016
mtcheeew:
hehehe..if ppl see your obituary now,dem go dey pity u..park well abeg u in God's name.
Go to hell mr

3 Likes

Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by mtcheeew: 7:40am On Jan 26, 2016
johnmark1234:
Go to hell mr
God go punish your papa fr that.

3 Likes

Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by johnmark1234(m): 7:47am On Jan 26, 2016
mtcheeew:
God go punish your papa fr that.
you must be Mad by know I think.

3 Likes

Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by mtcheeew: 7:52am On Jan 26, 2016
johnmark1234:
you must be Mad by know I think.
my father and Mother are both my oga for madness.dem be my mentor
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by johnmark1234(m): 7:57am On Jan 26, 2016
mtcheeew:
my father and Mother are both my oga for madness.dem be my mentor
Good lock to u. I can see ur madness don't have cure
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by mtcheeew: 8:06am On Jan 26, 2016
johnmark1234:
Good lock to u. I can see ur madness don't have cure
hehehe...continue editng my post ..ode! it doesn't change the fact your never to do well parents are mad.

3 Likes

Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by akinyeleaa: 8:12am On Jan 26, 2016
This northern elders should shut up. Why trying to stir up ethnic issues again now, are they the ones that will tell us who to probe and who not.
So many useless leaders in Nigeria, from NEF to Afenifere to Ohanaeze, elders who should be trying to strengthen unity always showing crass irresponsibility.

If you quote me ehn........

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by johnmark1234(m): 8:15am On Jan 26, 2016
[quote author=mtcheeew post=42330854]hehehe...continue editng my post ..ode! it doesn't change the fact your never to do well parents are mad.[/quote Onye Ofe mmanu what r u saying. Ur mama pussy is old and smelling
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by johnmark1234(m): 8:18am On Jan 26, 2016
[quote author=mtcheeew post=42330854]hehehe...continue editng my post ..ode! it doesn't change the fact your never to do well parents are mad.[/quote)Onye Ofe mmanu what r u saying. Ur mama pussy
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by johnmark1234(m): 8:22am On Jan 26, 2016
mtcheeew:
hehehe...continue editng my post ..ode! it doesn't change the fact your never to do well parents are mad.
onye ofe mmanu what r u saying.OK ur said u mama pussy is smelling
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by nairagossip1: 8:25am On Jan 26, 2016
hmmm
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by mycar: 8:46am On Jan 26, 2016
Is $2.1bn the only moneysensible? sensible people would ask for all the money stolen be probed for and not just the arms deal, by the way, Baba follow chop the yam! Lol

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by mtcheeew: 9:21am On Jan 26, 2016
johnmark1234:
onye ofe mmanu what r u saying.OK ur said u mama pussy is smelling
gullible Igbo get off ma mention
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by MadCow1: 9:30am On Jan 26, 2016
I agree

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jibrin Wirtes Open Letter To Buhari / Peter Obi Holds Interactive Session With NUJ Members In Akwa Ibom (Pictures) / Abidemi Rufai: US Submits 97,000-Page Evidence Against Gov Abiodun's Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.