Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,634 members, 7,955,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:19 PM

Sacked Minister Of Education Wants To Return To Teaching As ASUU Still On Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sacked Minister Of Education Wants To Return To Teaching As ASUU Still On Strike (612 Views)

ASUP Finally Decides To Call Off Strike As ASUU Snubs Committee On Education / Hope Rises As ASUU Meets With Fg / Shame On UNILORIN As ASUU Strike Ends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sacked Minister Of Education Wants To Return To Teaching As ASUU Still On Strike by deolascope: 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2013
By Grace Tingrel

It’s going to take some time to get used to addressing her as a “Former Minister” but yes, that’s what she is now.

The Former Minister of Education, Prof. Ruqayyatu Rufa’i, who was among the nine ministers relieved of their positions by President Goodluck Jonathan in a cabinet reshuffle on Wednesday, has said she will be going back to the University to teach.

She handed over the affairs of the Education Ministry to the Minister of State, Nyesom Wike, as directed by the President, and told newsmen that she would be going back to continue with her job as a teacher.

Before her appointment as a Minister, Rufa’i was a professor of Curriculum Studies at the Bayero University, Kano. She was recommended by her state governor Sule Lamido, to take on the post as Minister of Education.

“I am going back to resume my job as a professor of Curriculum Studies at the Bayero University Kano,” she told newsmen as she expressed gratitude to the President for the opportunity given her to serve as a cabinet minister. “I have enjoyed a close working relationship with the President. Of course, there were times we had our disagreements, but overall we enjoyed working together.”

But hey Madam Professor, don’t forget that Bayero University is closed from the ongoing strike, so no “resume my job” for you yet!

http://greenbiro.com/bayero-university-here-i-come-former-minister-of-education-ruqayyatu-rufai-returns-to-the-classroom-after-her-dismissal/
Re: Sacked Minister Of Education Wants To Return To Teaching As ASUU Still On Strike by Richiez(m): 3:28pm On Sep 12, 2013
Does this imply that the former minister is now jobless?
Re: Sacked Minister Of Education Wants To Return To Teaching As ASUU Still On Strike by TeenageMoney(m): 3:30pm On Sep 12, 2013
It is a Waaa
Re: Sacked Minister Of Education Wants To Return To Teaching As ASUU Still On Strike by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 12, 2013
She's a professor at the Bayero University, Kano.. Only went on a sabbatical so as to take up a ministerial appointment, so she still have her job.. Its not a big deal...
Their are loads of lecturers in public universities who also go on sabbatical & take up administrative & teaching jobs in private schools,or why do you think most are not really bothered if ASUU resumes or not

(1) (Reply)

Questionaire-new Media And The Marketing Strategies Of Nigerian Banks / Uniosun Begins 2013/2014 Pre Degree Application / Jamb Should Make Purchase Of Forms Online Not Only Through Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.