Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,873 members, 7,817,571 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. (19408 Views)

Nigerian Arrested In India With Cocaine Worth Of $720k / Mother Of Three Vomits Cocaine At Abuja Airport (photo) / NDLEA Arrests 'notorious Drug Baron' With Cocaine At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by ichidodo: 7:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
Yes,yes. Our International Airport has now being 'launched'.
Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by goldfish80(m): 7:46pm On Sep 12, 2013
goldfish80: Good development,but am not comfortable with the Addias Abba route as the place is notorious with connection of drug syndicates with heroine, cannabis resin producer countries in South West and South East Asia through ports in Djibouti,Eritrea,Kenya and Tanznia.Enugu connecting to Addis Abbaba? Am skeptical that's all.

^^^^Not been two months I said this.It can only get worse,hang on to your hats people.

1 Like

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by adamsumale(m): 9:06pm On Sep 12, 2013
Airport wey they open yesterday....na wa Ooº°˚ ˚°ºooOoº°˚ ˚°ºoo. This is a sign of. ............ *i keep my teeth shut* gbam!
Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by cold(m): 9:07pm On Sep 12, 2013
Ah ah!So fast?

2 Likes

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by Festilito: 9:07pm On Sep 12, 2013
[quote
author=Sunny_bobo]Barely few weeks after the jubilation that greeted
the commencement of international flights at the newly upgraded Akanu
Ibiam International Airport, Enugu; the National Drug Law Enforcement
Agency (NDLEA) has made its first arrest and cocaine seizure. The
suspect, Chizoba Anselem Nwabuwa 32 year-old 400 Levels Fine and Applied
Arts student was apprehended during the inward screening of passengers
on an Ethiopian flight from Brazil enroute Addis-Ababa. He was found to
have ingested liquid cocaine packed inside male condoms.

The head of the NDLEA at the Enugu Airport, Mr Nsikak-Abasi Udoh who
confirmed the arrest said that the suspect excreted 25 wraps of a liquid
that tested positive for cocaine. “The suspect excreted twenty-five
(25) wraps of liquid substance. When tested with the United Nations drug
testing kit, it tested positive for cocaine weighing 1.250kg. This
first arrest and seizure is exciting to us because we just commenced
operations” Nsikak-Abasi stated.

According to the suspect, “I am a 400 level student of Fine &
Applied Arts at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State. I
wanted to use the half a million naira (N500,000) they promised to pay
me in developing my Art Gallery. They assured me in Brazil that
authorities will not be able to detect liquid cocaine, so I was
confident. Unfortunately, things have turned-out the other way. I regret
my involvement in drug trafficking”. Chizoba who is single hails from
Ihiala Local Government Area of Anambra State.

Chairman/Chief Executive of NDLEA Ahmadu Giade expressed satisfaction
with the arrest. In his words, “the Agency accords high priority
attention to all the airports. We shall continue to up-scale our
operations at the airports and prevent drug trafficking syndicates from
using the nation’s airports”.

Giade urged members of the public to pursue legitimate businesses at all
times noting that a good name is far better than ill-gotten wealth.

The suspect will soon be charged to court.

http://247ureports.com/ndlea-records-first-arrest-at-enugu-airport/[/quote], gud job NDLA, keep it up
Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by Rejoice5000(f): 9:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
No excuse They want hammer, fast fast
Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by nerodenero: 9:09pm On Sep 12, 2013
Olojukokoro,wobia,digbolugi,ole,alapa mase'se ole afajo.E gbagbe e si kirikiri joo.

1 Like

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by HAH: 9:14pm On Sep 12, 2013
What do you expect when you carry goat to lions door mouth.

I believe the number of arrest that they will have in that enugu airport in a year will surpass that of kano airport since inception 50 years ago

4 Likes

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by Tolexander: 9:14pm On Sep 12, 2013
ujoinme:

The arrest of drug traffickers is a daily occurrence at the lagos airport, Going by your logic is that why the airport was sited in lagos?
na those guys wey dey carry the drugs via muritala mohamed airport dey clamour for the international airport for enugu for easy work.

2 Likes

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by princearthur(m): 9:17pm On Sep 12, 2013
This dude is disgrace to the nnamdi azikiwe university community, what in the devil was he thinking to indulge in such act, please students don't allow this ASSu strike to have an influence i.e a negative one, jonathan and his team should stand up to their responsiblity and of this limgering strike cos the day passes by the youth are indulging in one crime or incriminating act. Long live unizik,long live prof.BCE egboka, God bless nigeria
Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by gbokukueba(m): 9:20pm On Sep 12, 2013
gbokukueba: Also... just saying NDLEA need to 'beef' up scrutiny at that Airport... as well as Customs as i suspect some people would rather travel with cash to Dubai rather than use the banking method...

Just saying...
Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 12, 2013
An undergraduate pushing drugs
Final student for that matter
Hmm
I hope they set an example with the eediot.
Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2013
Danhumprey: I blame ASUU! Na idleness cause am. And also,lack of gainful employment to have engage the jobless youths. The government isn't helping matter at all. By the way,this should serve as a deterrent to other would-be drug dealers.

Is unizik on strike?..tort they r nt part of ASUU agn
Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by youngalex(m): 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2013
This guy is a real disgrace to Unizik,i graduated close to a decade now from there ,to the best of my knowledge the institution is noted for sound education and character building....what a huge disappointment see where the quest for quick moni has landed him
Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by 3ace(m): 9:28pm On Sep 12, 2013
Mr Nsikak-Abasi Udoh who confirmed the arrest said that the suspect excreted 25 wraps of a liquid that tested positive for cocaine. “The suspect excreted twenty-five (25) wraps of liquid substance.
He should have contacted "mo yagbe ti"

1 Like

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by stagger: 9:29pm On Sep 12, 2013
Danhumprey: I blame ASUU! Na idleness cause am. And also,lack of gainful employment to have engage the jobless youths. The government isn't helping matter at all. By the way,this should serve as a deterrent to other would-be drug dealers.

I lost two years due to strike actions in the university. Did I go pushing drugs? Your argument is not very hollow!
Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by lymelyte(m): 9:32pm On Sep 12, 2013
OMG 500K? that is tooooooooooooo very small.While will he take such a risk because of 500k? it is not worth the risk mehn..if na 500mill,i go hear nor b 500k.
Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by 3ace(m): 9:48pm On Sep 12, 2013
I'm sure he thought security won't be top-notch yet since it's a new airport. Unfortunately, e don enter history. His case will be used as a question in quiz competition in future.

2 Likes

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by richardbry: 9:53pm On Sep 12, 2013
*coughs* So those people for that side don see where dem go dey easily dey do their transportation now.
Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by ayobase(m): 10:07pm On Sep 12, 2013
What's the name again.

Sincerely speaking, government needs to give a dynamic system that wouldn't take any excuse from any Nigerian.

The guy would have been under pressure to doing that in quest to helping his education.

It could be a flimsy excuse for engaging in crime, but the government should have properly taken care of some basic fundamentals.

ASUU is still on, the governement don't wanna compromise!
Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by kabba7(m): 10:23pm On Sep 12, 2013
uniqueval:
what the hell was he thinking?
ccccccccccCcccccccccccccccccccccccccc
ARNAMBARAS ĄЙD̶̲̥̅̊. DRUGS

Was telling an Igbo friend the very day that airport was commisioned that place will be a highway for crack runners unfortunately she argue how one was only being jealous because Igbo"s now have an international airport am however very sure if the NDLEA are up an doing B4 the end of october 2013 another drug courier will be caught .AM SURE !!

1 Like

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by Ifems(m): 10:26pm On Sep 12, 2013
odua boy: You are the one talking nonsense my dear,there are thousands of legal jobs out there for the students,so stop justifying crimes because ASUU is on strike:x:x:x
First of all,am fully against this guy's action,he could've found something legitimate to do.We all have a tendency to do illegitimate stuffs but it all depend on how you're able to discipline yourself.Now to my point,did you say thousands of legal jobs?please i'd appreciate if you share these thousand jobs with this forum.

5 Likes

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by ProfOgogoro: 10:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
The people in the East put money above every other thing. This mentality is what makes it very easy for them to engage in crime.
Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by Divineliberty(m): 10:41pm On Sep 12, 2013
[url][/url] our people don't even want the airport to reach one month of open befor they start
Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by Dennizeey: 10:45pm On Sep 12, 2013
Please,since they are students,federal govt. Should give them scholarship abroad..because no school here for now....am even thinking of something to commit.....i need scholarship abroad atleast ghana!

1 Like

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by bleachalhaji: 10:45pm On Sep 12, 2013
never knew nairaland is so fast with news like this but somebody raped his mother in ekiti am yet to see it

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gunmen Kidnap 11 Passengers In Rivers / Zainab Tasiu Ahmad, 2-Year-Old Missing Girl In Jigawa (Photo) / Kubiat Akpan's Lawyer Blames Police For His Torture and Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.