Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,172 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth (26227 Views)

5 Foods That Helps In Increasing Sperm Count. / REVEALED: Foods That Damage The Skin / Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by Krasid(m): 11:58pm On Sep 12, 2013
Most people know candy and other sugary foods wreak havoc on their teeth,but how about fruit?

You've probably heard brushing and flossing twice a day is the best way to keep your teeth healthy.But some foods cause enough damage to warrant extra cleanings.

1. Apples
Apples are high in acid, are surprisingly hard on your enamel.While a daily apple may keep the doctor away, the acid might keep your dentist on speed dial.Eating apples is fine, just be sure to rinse your mouth with water or mouthwash shortly after.

2. Hard candies
Though you probably know the sugar in candy is a problem, hard candies are especially harmful because we tend to hold them in our mouths longer.Also be aware that cough drops are often made with sugar, so opt for the sugar-free brand if available.

3. Pickled vegetables
Pickles are made with vinegar, which is acidic, and often sugar as well. While the vegetables are healthy, the brine is can damage your teeth.Drinking water with
your meal helps wash away acids and sugar, but remember to brush an hour later.

4. Bread
Many breads contain sugar-especially processed white breads. It's best to check the labels for any added sweeteners that will breed mouth bacteria.Bread is also sticky and gets between and behind your teeth.

5. Popcorn
Popcorn is notorious for getting stuck in your teeth, and the areas between your teeth will cultivate more bacteria for that reason. It's okay to treat yourself to a bag of popcorn as long as you rinse with water and remember to floss and brush after.

6. Peanut butter
Sticky and often made with sugar, peanut butter not only feeds bacteria but makes it easier for them to adhere to teeth.Look for natural peanut butters with no added sugars to lessen the problem.

7. Jelly
Along with peanut butter, jelly or jam is loaded with sugar and quite sticky.Even the all-fruit brands contain natural sugars and encourage plaque and bacteria if not washed away soon.

8. Meat
Meat tends to get stuck between your teeth, and some meat products contain sugar as a preservative.While the amount may not be very high, any food that sits between your teeth can promote tooth decay.Try chewing sugar-less gum after eating if you can't brush right away.

9. Diet soda
Just because it doesn't have sugar doesn't mean your teeth are safe. The acidity of diet sodas is still extremely high, making it one of the worst products for your teeth.

10. Salad dressing
More of a condiment than a food, salad dressings use vinegar and sugar for flavor.Salads should be a staple in anyone's diet, but be careful of the dressings that can harm your smile.

http://summertomato.com/10-foods-you-didnt-know-were-damaging-your-teeth/

3 Likes

Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by Djkels(m): 1:15am On Sep 16, 2013
angry op oya lie down let me cook you...and eat

13 Likes

Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by chelseabmw(m): 4:26pm On Sep 16, 2013
Even bread? Wetin con remind for this world to eat self sad

8 Likes

Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by Codedrock(m): 4:26pm On Sep 16, 2013
FOODS THAT COULD SPOIL YOUR DAY: BEANS.. Thats what i ate today and i have been messing all around.. Kinda shameful..

28 Likes

Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by amiskurie(m): 4:27pm On Sep 16, 2013
I'm damaged!
oforkooooo!
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 16, 2013
so what should we eat? unpickled lightly salted grass? eat what you wil, visit your dentist from time to time, floss and brush as required.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by premlove(m): 4:27pm On Sep 16, 2013
If i follow ur presciption that means am not going to eat any thing

1 Like

Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by Codedrock(m): 4:27pm On Sep 16, 2013
DONT LIKE ANY OF THE FREAKY FOODS UP THERE.
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 16, 2013
Aww and I LOVE apples. Love the taste in my mouth... *weeps bitterly* sad #

1 Like

Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by moscobabs(m): 4:28pm On Sep 16, 2013
beta tell us not to eat again!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by ibifeeq(m): 4:28pm On Sep 16, 2013
I luv apple
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by homesteady(m): 4:28pm On Sep 16, 2013
Hain! Which apple are you talking of? I'm sure it is Apple Ipad you are talking of! Because I've been eating apple since the day they gave birth to me, and nothing has happened to my teeth

3 Likes

Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by 1shortblackboy: 4:28pm On Sep 16, 2013
Make una tell us wetin we go chop na
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 16, 2013
Mtcheww....na lie joor. Pesin no fit chop food again witowt all dis do's nd donts.
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by Bryancrox(m): 4:30pm On Sep 16, 2013
I can eat all kind of food CLOSE UP is just #200naira...

1 Like

Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 16, 2013
Djkels: angry op oya lie down let me cook you...and eat

grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 16, 2013
Codedrock: FOODS THAT COULD SPOIL YOUR DAY: BEANS.. Thats what i ate today and i have been messing all around.. Kinda shameful..

Hmm no wonder after you commented, the topic started smelling. Lmao!

12 Likes

Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 16, 2013
With all these bad bad things for your teeth, health, system and all... I think the best and safest thing now is WATER.
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by demelza: 4:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
If bread wan remove my teeth because of the love wey I get for am, make e remove am. I can stay away from other food but for me to stop taking bread?
Na lie.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by idrisolaide(m): 4:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
Where do you guys source all these things from, Then why cant you gentle tell us not to eat food and start drinking water... even if water self would be posted to be causing PILE....LOL grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by nerodenero: 4:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
Apples are high in acid, are surprisingly hard on your enamel.While a daily apple may keep the doctor away, the acid might keep your dentist on speed dial.Eating apples is fine, just be sure to rinse your mouth with water or mouthwash shortly after.
Eat this because it is good and at the same time, it causes a lot of damages. Virtually everything we take in has its merits and demerits. Some will end-up killing us and others wont. The fact is something must be responsible for one's death.

1 Like

Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by IcekrimPaul007(m): 4:36pm On Sep 16, 2013
if we r to abstain 4rm all dis, na hungry go kill us o
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by persistenc(m): 4:36pm On Sep 16, 2013
ETT .Dnt eat this Dnt eat that...you are confirmed mumu if you believe this in mumudom grin
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by point5: 4:37pm On Sep 16, 2013
Nawa oo wch food person go com dey eat nw?
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by Anyi3(m): 4:39pm On Sep 16, 2013
I still love my meat and suya
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by herbeytv(m): 4:41pm On Sep 16, 2013
Ok
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by AlexJ1(m): 4:42pm On Sep 16, 2013
Thank God! Thank God! Thank God garri and groundnut arent in the list. Na rich man dey visit dentist naw. grin

3 Likes

Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by UchihaItachi(m): 4:42pm On Sep 16, 2013
That means you should brush after eating anything, you also have to keep your tooth brush handy wherever you go in case you decide to have a quick snack on the way. . .Oh, you should also brush after drinking water cos it can be sweet at times grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by Pancho01(m): 4:45pm On Sep 16, 2013
OP E b lik say u want may i dey drink only water abi?
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 16, 2013
cigar nko..?? na poor man food ooo

1 Like

Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by thimbook2(m): 4:47pm On Sep 16, 2013
I guess da plan's to have guys chowing on akpu, garri &stuff, right?
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 16, 2013
which one u won make I eat.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Snake Venom, World’s Strongest Beer Contains 67.5% Of Alcohol / Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 / Coca-cola Plans To Launch Its First Alcoholic Drink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.