Stats: 3,153,575 members, 7,820,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments (23439 Views)

Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments / Minister Gives Sport Federations Ultimatum On 2016 Olympics / Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. (2) (3) (4)

FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by supereagle(m): 5:52am On Sep 13, 2013
FIFA has given Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi until September 19 to respond to the comments he made on former Malawi coach Tom Saintfeit, THISDAY Sports gathered authoritatively last night.
The deadline was issued in a letter received by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) from FIFA before the decisive World Cup 2014 qualifier between Nigeria and Malawi in Calabar on September 7.

In the letter, FIFA gave Keshi a two-week ultimatum to respond to the Belgian coach’s allegations. The deadline for Keshi to reply is next week Thursday.

We learnt last night that NFF leadership plans to summon Keshi to a meeting on how a soft landing defence can be presented to FIFA.

Saintfeit had alleged that Keshi racially abused him by the reference to him as ’’a white dude who should go back to Belgium", in a charged response to Saintfeit’s request for the World Cup qualifier to be moved from Calabar on safety concern.

The Belgian, who failed to secure an appointment with NFF as a Technical Director last year, after he had attended an interview in Abuja, caused uneasiness in Nigeria, when he asked FIFA to move the crucial fixture to Abuja or a neutral country, because the UK's Foreign & Commonwealth Office had pronounced Calabar as a no-travel area.

His comments prompted FIFA to demand for a full security cover from Nigeria which was provided by the Inspector General of Police Mohammed Abubakar, before Calabar was declared fit to host the match.
The Eagles coach innocuously responded to Saintfeit’s comment to stoke the tension leading to the match by granting a phone interview aired on UK-based African TV show.

Keshi was angered and in the abridged interview he said:"I think the coach of Malawi is crazy. If he wants to talk to FIFA, he should go back to Belgium. He is not an African person, he is a white dude; he should go back to Belgium."

The comments were regarded as an extraordinary slur by Saintfeit who forced a complaint to be sent on his behalf to FIFA by his former employers, the Football Association of Malawi (FAM).

FAM wanted an action to be taken against Keshi for the comments, a demand which FIFA failed to deal with it before the important fixture which Nigeria won 2-0 to top Group B for a place to the last stage of Africa’s qualifying round in October – November.

FIFA has a zero-tolerance stance on racism as a way to control acts of discrimination in the football.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fifa-issues-keshi-ultimatum-on-saintfeit-comments/158934/

Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by Tolexander: 6:10am On Sep 13, 2013
OMG!

If FIFA wants to sanction him, let it be after the playoff o.

Maybe that's what made the guy to resign. Beating him after yabbing him.

Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by Nobody: 6:20am On Sep 13, 2013
2nd to comment .dancing thriller on top of fifa head quarter.everyone is looking and thinking should we leave kesh i alone.

make una no remove our three point o like cape verde ooo.fifa God is watching in hd oo

Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by Youngmon3Y(m): 6:21am On Sep 13, 2013
vengeance of a looser....saint counterfeit

Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by Desmog21(m): 6:21am On Sep 13, 2013
Good For Him
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by Memyselfu2009(m): 6:21am On Sep 13, 2013
Rubbish this white people have come again
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by Jeezyy(m): 6:22am On Sep 13, 2013
First time i heard a black man racially abusing a white man. So now they've seen how not so cool it is. Anyway, i would have said END TIME TINS but in order to be a victim, i won't

Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by ademega(m): 6:23am On Sep 13, 2013
Maybe he wanted him to have called him a black dude who knows ?

I try shall ...... Next time i go cum first .

Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by MaziOmenuko: 6:23am On Sep 13, 2013
The statement was wrong, FIFA is serious with its fight against racism. Keshi should have known better than bursting out such words.

Anyway, an apology would help soothe things up.

Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by Jboy5050(m): 6:24am On Sep 13, 2013
Dis white pple,shldnt spoil our joy in Naija...
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by PENMIGHT(m): 6:25am On Sep 13, 2013
FIFA is only playing lip service to racism . The laws aren't tight enough to put an end to this cancer-worm. Keshi,like others,might just be cleared of any wrong-doing.

Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by dhtm12: 6:25am On Sep 13, 2013
KESHI WANTS TO CHANGE TINZ BY TURNING AGAINST THOSE BASTARDOS WHITIES, I WILL DO THE SAME IN HIS SHOES.

#

END TIME TINZ
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 13, 2013
Keshi should just apologise. These people are always looking for a way to destroy African success stories with past mistakes.

Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by searay(m): 6:27am On Sep 13, 2013
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by searay(m): 6:28am On Sep 13, 2013
Abeg wetin Keshi does?

Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by Joemint(m): 6:28am On Sep 13, 2013
bt wait o, wen did calabar strtd been unsafe, UN abeg mak una stp diz nonsense o.
For keshi- if na true u went 2far.
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by antifat(m): 6:28am On Sep 13, 2013
To be pragmatic Α̇̇̇̊п̥̥̲̣̥ƌ̲̣̣̣̥ not 2 be sentimental Keshi sud be sanctioned! Gbam!!!
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by EbirichBen(m): 6:29am On Sep 13, 2013
Am Just Passing
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by jamesbro(m): 6:30am On Sep 13, 2013
leave the guy alone jor

Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by frodobee: 6:34am On Sep 13, 2013
The dude is a psycho. If he meets racism he will cringe. Imagine ripe bananas thrown at you! Basket of banana at you, cuz you are deemed a monkey!
You are not a saint joor. #butanybodyweyblivsayhimtribepassanothertribeisaracist#

Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by Davo93(m): 6:35am On Sep 13, 2013
Malawi thinks it is everytime a case get to FIFA that they disqualify the team and allows the runner-up to proceed what are they smoking in Malawi

Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by DankemzI(m): 6:35am On Sep 13, 2013
searay: Abeg wetin Keshi does?
He Made racial comments against Malawian Coach that white dude
F. A. M must you guys be used by this white dude against your black brothers?

Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by Davo93(m): 6:35am On Sep 13, 2013
I think the worst sanction Keshi can get from this case is a 5-match ban, apology letter plus some penalty cash.
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by supaeagles(m): 6:35am On Sep 13, 2013
Well let Coach Keshi respond and then I am sure this issue will be sorted out amicably.
Racism has to be eliminated in this sport and racism can even go the other way..... from "black" to white".
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by nerodenero: 6:36am On Sep 13, 2013
Keshi played the music himself and should dance to it.FIFA's hammer will be heavy on him and I just pray this doesn't distract Eagles.
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by kulikuli45: 6:38am On Sep 13, 2013
But this same Saintfeit guy wanted to work in Nigeria last year, during the height of Boko Haram menace.
And in my humble opinion, Calabar is far safer than the Abuja he was proposing the match be moved to.
De man no hear say dem bomb UN, Police & SARS headquarters for there ni?
Okada, drop mi for Buckingham Palace....

Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by Arsenate(m): 6:38am On Sep 13, 2013
What's racist in calling a white guy, white guy...huh??

Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by Nobody: 6:38am On Sep 13, 2013
..Say No To Racism.....
..Kick Racism out of Sports..

Keshi was very wrong with such comments..

He shld,ve known better.As the national team manager,an ex professional football player who benefited from the sports playing in far away Belgium,imagine someone telling him and the likes of Amokachi or Ikpeba..."you are black,you shld,nt be in Belgium..go back to Nigeria or Africa".

I am very disappointed with him.he shld guide his tongue and learn how to conduct himself in public..

I hope this doesnt affect his job and all the beautiful progress he and Super Eagles have made so far.

Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by GoodlukJonathan: 6:40am On Sep 13, 2013
Live, eat, drink, feel nairaland always!

This early and this much crowd is here?

My government will surely look into this and see ways to add nairaland to the key aspect of our economic drive and value chain!

Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by bakynes(m): 6:40am On Sep 13, 2013
I hope Keshi's words won't make FIFA Withdraw our 3 points and give it to Malawi, that might just be Malawi's plan.
Re: FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments by Nobody: 6:44am On Sep 13, 2013
Who get small pin charger?

Ukraine: Ivan Kuliak Under Investigation For Wearing Russian Army Symbol / Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? / Drogba Robbed In Ivory Coast