Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Q & A Session On The Subject Of Tithing - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Q & A Session On The Subject Of Tithing (1268 Views)

Understanding The Concept of Tithing / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Q & A Session On The Subject Of Tithing by Goshen360(m): 7:14pm On Sep 14, 2013
^
***yawns***
Re: Q & A Session On The Subject Of Tithing by Gombs(m): 9:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
"Honor the Lord
with your possessions, and with the firstfruits of all
your increase; so your barns will be filled with plenty,
And your vats will overflow with new wine" (Proverbs
3:9-10).

OP is dis a;
1. Law of Moses
2. Command from God
3.Joke from Solomon
4.Assumption

Is there a condition if we obey it? If yes, how do we obey the said scripture? Suggest ways for me pls

And its important to know this

Some people say; "Well, that's Old Testament; we are
now in the new covenant and don't have to do those
things anymore."

1,500 years after Moses received the Law, Jesus
REAFFIRMED in His day the validity of tithing:

Matthew 23:23 NIV
Woe to you, teachers of the Law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! YOU GIVE A TENTH of your spices — mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law — justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, WITHOUT NEGLECTING THE FORMER.

He didn't Condemn it, he in fact encouraged it

Later in the New Testament, in 1 Corinthians, ch. 9,
the apostle Paul teaches on the financial support of the work of God and uses commands from Moses’ Law as guidelines — 1 Corinthians 9:8 "Doesn’t the Law say the SAME thing?" (referring to how the priests lived on the tithes and offerings). Paul brought the principle of the Levitical tithe — "the SAME thing" — over to the support of New Testament ministry.

When we think about tithing, the most important thing is that we examine our heart. Do we have a giving heart? (Thank God I do)
Do we want to give God our first and best? Not out of
obligation but out of love (remember from the above we are obliged by God, same as Mal 3v8...wen I mean obligation, I mean your Pastor don't have to do crusade for you before you bring em tithes) . Just like a groom who wants
to give his bride the most beautiful diamond engagement
ring he can possibly afford

And here's my conclusion kweshun, if tithing has been done away with, what about offerings? Why do you still give offerings in church?

*this is the last thread I'd ever talk about tithing on NL

3 Likes

Re: Q & A Session On The Subject Of Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 9:43pm On Sep 14, 2013
@Gombs

Proverbs 3:9-10, speaks about free will giving. Making God first in our finances. Its first fruit mentioned there and not tithes.

1 Corinthians 9 speaks of free will giving and not obligatory tithing.

Matthew 23:23 is Jesus speaking under the law.

Take the time to read the conclusion of the Q and A session in the OP.

1 Like

Re: Q & A Session On The Subject Of Tithing by Gombs(m): 10:08pm On Sep 14, 2013
DrummaBoy: @Gombs

Proverbs 3:9-10, speaks about free will giving. Making God first in our finances. Its first fruit mentioned there and not tithes.

1 Corinthians 9 speaks of free will giving and not obligatory tithing.

Matthew 23:23 is Jesus speaking under the law.

Take the time to read the conclusion of the Q and A session in the OP.

Hahahahahahahahha

Funny, you didn't answer any kweshun I asked

Oya go bck and look at d options I gave you. Let's take it one after d other

You n I knw we won't take each other's view of tins...so just answer the question n let's see

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Thread For Damerry, Francisanthony And ProphetUdeme On The Holiness Of Mary. / SCOAN Building Collapse: What Nigerians Would Have Been Saying If MOG Died In It / What Does This Picture Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.