Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi (6480 Views)

Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) / Enugu Shoprite....my Dope Swagg Pictures There.. Me And My G's. / Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by jbaur24: 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2013
CONSTRUCTION of the proposed shopping mall for Nnewi would commence in a few days time, Anambra State Governor Peter Obi has said.

Obi ,who spoke yesterday at the inspection of the ongoing Agulu Lake Hotel and Resort with two new bridges, said other malls at Awka and Onitsha were ongoing.

“The mall at Onitsha and Awka are ongoing. In a few days we shall start that of Nnewi. We had planned these things and have enough money set aside for them. We shall also start the three Arms Zone, for which we also have enough Money set aside,” Obi stressed.”

He further assured said the state government had enough money to complete all the projects being embarked upon by his administration across the state.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/obi-assures-support-for-construction-of-nnewi-mall/

2 Likes

Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 13, 2013
This Man wasted 8 yrs with Nothing to show for it...only to begin awarding Contracts at the Eleventh hour....If this is his Campaign strategy he can be sure that it's doomed to fail...we will resist Any attempt to foist any Stooge on Us...#TeamIfeanyiUbah
Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by jbaur24: 4:40pm On Sep 13, 2013
Onitsha and Nnewi Shoprites will compete on financial output.
Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by jbaur24: 4:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
Prof_Dumbledore: This Man wasted 8 yrs with Nothing to show for it...only to begin awarding Contracts at the Eleventh hour....If this is his Campaign strategy he can be sure that it's doomed to fail...we will resist Any attempt to foist any Stooge on Us...#TeamIfeanyiUbah

The man has been working and has swore to continue working until the last day he leaves Zik's Place (Anambra Govt House). Notice some governors does not work any more, they are now saving money for their future political lives, while Obi do not want to let go on good works.

2 Likes

Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by gleaf: 4:49pm On Sep 13, 2013
[b][/b]
Prof_Dumbledore: This Man wasted 8 yrs with Nothing to show for it...only to begin awarding Contracts at the Eleventh hour....If this is his Campaign strategy he can be sure that it's doomed to fail...we will resist Any attempt to foist any Stooge on Us...#TeamIfeanyiUbah
It still suprises me why a sane human being wil support Ifeanyi Uba, i watched his flag off yesterday on AIT, it clearly shows the kind of government that guy will run( thugs and charlatans) i tried to pick out a reasonable human being there but could not . Anambra is above brigands and touts he should get that into his thick skull.

3 Likes

Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
gleaf: [b][/b]
It still suprises me why a sane human being wil support Ifeanyi Uba, i watched his flag off yesterday on AIT, it clearly shows the kind of government that guy will run( thugs and charlatans) i tried to pick out a reasonable human being there but could not . Anambra is above brigands and touts he should get that into his thick skull.
Then you're probably suffering from Glaucoma, mimiko that has transformed his state into one of the beacons of the South west did not look responsible to you abi?
Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by gleaf: 5:19pm On Sep 13, 2013
Prof_Dumbledore: Then you're probably suffering from Glaucoma, mimiko that has transformed his state into one of the beacons of the South west did not look responsible to you abi?
[b][/b]

Funny you!! i was expecting you to name somebody from Anambra ! i mean a reasonble individual Mind you MIMIKO came there just cos he is the only LP governor, just for formalities.
Anyway he (UBA) is just a cash cow for okada and keke riders.

wait for the IJELE........

1 Like

Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by FreeGlobe(f): 8:26pm On Sep 13, 2013
If Obi can deliver that 3 arms zone then he may have left a lasting legacy and I mean a standard 3 arms zone and massive 3 arms zone and not the usual Peter obi 1 naira projects

1 Like

Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by AustineE1: 10:37pm On Sep 13, 2013
...how i wish its possible for one man to do three tenures,then we shall gladly give it to OBI.The level of development and industralization in Anambra state is unprecedented,barely any month passes by without one observing a new project or an industry basically on private-govt partnership!just 3 days ago Neimeth approved the building of one billion naira pharmaceutical drug production company in Onitsha!This is attained because of the friendly environment Peter Obi has created for investors,even Obi's worst enemies appreciates the fact that he has done well with Onitsha in particular and Anambra in general and his systematic and meticulous industrializatn policy.

4 Likes

Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 13, 2013
adaobi finally remembers nnewi (in his jaundiced dreams of course)! cheesy cheesy
ifeanyi uba all the way! cool
Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by mekaboy(m): 12:25am On Sep 14, 2013
re@lchange:
adaobi finally remembers nnewi (in his jaundiced dreams of course)! cheesy cheesy
ifeanyi uba all the way! cool

carry ur okada and indian hemp comot for this thread, civilized pple are talking.

2 Likes

Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by jbaur24: 7:09am On Sep 14, 2013
mekaboy:

carry ur okada and indian hemp comot for this thread, civilized pple are talking.

Don't mind some people, but the Realchange I know has not been like this, he has always been progressive in thinking. Maybe something got to him. cheesy
Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by asha80(m): 7:23am On Sep 14, 2013
my problem is that apga might not win the next election as there seems to be lots of crisis in the party...which means if these projects are not completed in his tenure then they are likely going to be abandoned.
Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by asha80(m): 7:24am On Sep 14, 2013
Austine.E:
...how i wish its possible for one man to do three tenures,then we shall gladly give it to OBI.The level of development and industralization in Anambra state is unprecedented,barely any month passes by without one observing a new project or an industry basically on private-govt partnership!just 3 days ago Neimeth approved the building of one billion naira pharmaceutical drug production company in Onitsha!This is attained because of the friendly environment Peter Obi has created for investors,even Obi's worst enemies appreciates the fact that he has done well with Onitsha in particular and Anambra in general and his systematic and meticulous industrializatn policy.
neimeth or emzor?
Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by jbaur24: 8:13am On Sep 14, 2013
asha 80: my problem is that apga might not win the next election as there seems to be lots of crisis in the party...which means if these projects are not completed in his tenure then they are likely going to be abandoned.

APGA will retain Anambra that one is for sure.
Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by malele(m): 8:15am On Sep 14, 2013
gleaf: [b][/b]

1 billion likes.
Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by malele(m): 8:16am On Sep 14, 2013

Dream on bro
Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by jbaur24: 8:21am On Sep 14, 2013
malele:

1 billion likes.

Above all the Ifeanyi Uba is a confirmed illiterate who cannot read, speak nor write English language. Imagine the thug trying to rule over a state filled with the best human capital.
Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by asha80(m): 8:21am On Sep 14, 2013
jbaur24:

APGA will retain Anambra that one is for sure.
i used to feel so....now i am not too sure...did you hear what igwe of agulu said about obi?....i mean the igwe of obi's town which is supposed to be a grassroot mobilizer?...not sure if it was personal conviction or ubah's money working.
Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by asha80(m): 8:25am On Sep 14, 2013
FreeGlobe: If Obi can deliver that 3 arms zone then he may have left a lasting legacy and I mean a standard 3 arms zone and massive 3 arms zone and not the usual Peter obi 1 naira projects
forgive my high level ignorance but what is three arms zone?
Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by jbaur24: 8:31am On Sep 14, 2013
asha 80: i used to feel so....now i am not too sure...did you hear what igwe of agulu said about obi?....i mean the igwe of obi's town which is supposed to be a grassroot mobilizer?...not sure if it was personal conviction or ubah's money working.

One Igwe cannot make a difference. Remember that one is likely not be popular in his own town, but outsiders knows his worth. This is the voting pattern in the next election.

-Anambra North will go for APGA because of their son Obiano.

-Anambra Central will be shared amongst Obi, Ngige and Akunyili.

-Anambra South will be shared amongst Andy Uba, Obi, ifeanyi Uba.

With Obiano getting 100% block vote in the north, about 45-50% votes in the Central and about 30% in the South ,he is definitely the next governor
Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by jbaur24: 8:33am On Sep 14, 2013
asha 80: forgive my high level ignorance but what is three arms zone?

The new Government House, new Legislative Complex and the new Judiciary Headquarter. The site has been mapped out at the newly established Greenwood City- Awka
Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by FreeGlobe(f): 8:35am On Sep 14, 2013
^
This one right here is a joker.Even peter obi has realized APGA will not win this election
Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by jbaur24: 8:40am On Sep 14, 2013
FreeGlobe: ^
This one right here is a joker.Even peter obi has realized APGA will not win this election

The election is not far anymore
Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by Controversy: 8:40am On Sep 14, 2013
asha 80: i used to feel so....now i am not too sure...did you hear what igwe of agulu said about obi?....i mean the igwe of obi's town which is supposed to be a grassroot mobilizer?...not sure if it was personal conviction or ubah's money working.
Who is Igwe Agulu to start with? Nwanne, Anambra has grow pass the politics of igwe and chiefs, give that Igwe 1 million tomorrow he ll say another thing. We need progressive mind, we have outgrown the politics of road taring, we need industries Obi have set the tone with sabmilar and others
Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by FreeGlobe(f): 8:42am On Sep 14, 2013
jbaur24:

Government house, Governors lodge and House of Assembly. The site has been mapped out at the newly established Greenwood City- Awka
Yeah, this would help in centralizing governance and giving awka a facelift considering govt machinery is scattered over the place, the present govt house is an eyesore with governors lodge in far away amawbia. Peter Obi knew these things are needful but now waking up at the tail end of his dormant administration, I hope he completes payments for all these contracts and not litter the state with abandoned projects
Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by asha80(m): 8:43am On Sep 14, 2013
Controversy:
Who is Igwe Agulu to start with? Nwanne, Anambra has grow pass the politics of igwe and chiefs, give that Igwe 1 million tomorrow he ll say another thing. We need progressive mind, we have outgrown the politics of road taring, we need industries Obi have set the tone with sabmilar and others
grin
Controversy:
ifeanyi ubah has promised lots of factories na lol.
Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by jbaur24: 8:44am On Sep 14, 2013
Controversy:

GBAM!
Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by FreeGlobe(f): 8:45am On Sep 14, 2013
Controversy:
what are the others? Sabmiller, a beer factory owned by Peter obi? You see nothing wrong with a governor losing support right in his town?
Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by jbaur24: 8:46am On Sep 14, 2013
asha 80: ;Difeanyi ubah has promised lots of factories na lol.

Do you realize dude is looking for money to pay his huge debt which is standing at 67Billion now? So how do you believe an educated clown for that matter? grin

1 Like

Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by Controversy: 8:46am On Sep 14, 2013
jbaur24:

One Igwe cannot make a difference. Remember that one is likely not be popular in his own town, but outsiders knows his worth. This is the voting pattern in the next election.

-Anambra North will go for APGA because of their son Obiano.

-Anambra Central will be shared amongst Obi, Ngige and Akunyili.

-Anambra South will be shared amongst Andy Uba, Obi, ifeanyi Uba.

With Obiano getting 100% block vote in the north, about 45-50% votes in the Central and about 30% in the South ,he is definitely the next governor
My mind!
Politics as we no is a game of number and Obi calculated well by chosen someone from north.
But some people with Yoruba reasoning can still not buy it

1 Like

Re: CONSTRUCTION Of Shopping/Shoprite Mall For Nnewi by jbaur24: 8:48am On Sep 14, 2013
The Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria has taken over the management of Capital Oil and Gas Industries.

The Head of Corporate Communications, AMCON, Mr. Kayode Lambo, said in a signed advertorial on Wednesday that the management’s takeover of the indigenous downstream player would last for two years.

He explained that the takeover became necessary after AMCON acquired Capital Oil and Gas’ outstanding facilities from various banks.

The corporation said, “Following discussions with COG, a resolution was reached, which was subsequently adopted as terms of settlement in suit number FHC/ABJ/CS/714/2012 at the Federal High Court. One of the key conditions of this settlement is that AMCON takes over executive management of the COG for a period of two years.

“Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah, the erstwhile Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, has consequently relinquished his role as head of the organisation. In the interim, AMCON has appointed an acting managing director to ensure accountability and continuity of operations.”

AMCON said its takeover of the executive management of the COG within the two-year timeframe would stabilise the company, adding that it planned to ensure seamless operations at the company.

The agency added that it would, within the two years, “drive the turnaround of the company’s operations in order to meet various timelines and goals set by COG’s board of directors and AMCON.”

“This change of management was effected on June 21, 2013,” AMCON said.

When contacted on the telephone by our correspondent, the Administrative Manager, Capital Oil and Gas Industries, Mr. Ugochukwu Ehighibe, confirmed the development.

“Yes, we have an agreement with them,” he said.

AMCON had shut the premises of Capital Oil and Gas in 2012 following an Abuja Federal High Court ruling that the agency should take over the company’s properties and assets over an alleged N48.014bn debt.

The closure of the company’s 196-million-litre capacity storage tank often used by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation for products storage had hampered products distribution across the country then.

Justice Abdul Kafarati, however, on December 13, 2012 set aside the ex-parte order of November 13, which directed AMCON to take immediate possession of the properties and assets of Capital Oil and Gas as well as those of its managing director, Ubah, over the firm’s alleged indebtedness to the corporation.

But AMCON in an advertorial said it remained firm in its “resolve to vigorously pursue the indebtedness and ensure the recovery of the debt in the interest of the economy.”

The Managing Director, AMCON, Mr. Mustafa Chike-Obi, had put Capital Oil and Gas’ total indebtedness at N65bn as of December 2012.

“It was N53bn plus N12bn of interest accumulated over the last two years, and the interest is accruing at the rate of about N800m to N900m a month,” he had said.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Internet Business Ideas I Can Easily Do From Nigeria / New Refinary At Akwa Ibom Completed? Good News! / CBN To Punish Banks For Forex Infractions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.