Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply (14988 Views)

Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain / ‘ Why There Is Improved Power Supply’ - Acting MD YEDC / Omotola Commends PHCN For A Job Well Done In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by ochejoseph(m): 9:13pm On Sep 13, 2013
Some Lagos residents and business outfits have commended the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) over improved power supply in their areas.

They gave the commendation while speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos on Friday.

The Chairman of Ilupeju Estate Residents Association, Mr Henry Issac, said PHCN should be commended over improved power supply.

He said that it was only fair that any organisation with noticeable improvement in its services to the public should be commended.

Another resident, Mr Bamidele Jacob, Chairman of Iponri Housing Estate Residents Association, also confirmed that there had been a remarkable improvement in power supply in the last two weeks.

“I cannot remember the last time we had stable power supply in this area for this long. I cannot remember the last time we had light for over 12 hours at a stretch.

“For some days now, we go to bed and wake up with light and it remains stable till noon without going off. That’s a visible improvement that should be commended,’’ Jacob said.

Mrs Alice Solomon, the Managing Director, Excellence Pure Water, Surulere, told NAN that the unbundling of PHCN was the reason for the stable power supply.

According to Solomon, the privatisation of the power sector was not an end in itself but a strategy for ensuring efficiency in service delivery.

“ The improvement witnessed in the power sector marks the beginning of a new dawn in the country.

“This will attract both the international community and local investors to invest in the Nigerian power sector,” he said.

Mr Choupy Chunpy, a manufacturer from China and Managing Director, Crimpy-Divine Nig. Ltd., advised the management of PHCN and proposed investors to ensure sustainability in supply.

Chunpy said that investors should take all necessary steps to ensure that the expectations of Nigerians in the power sector were met.

Mr Godwin Edemudia , Assistant General Manager, Public Affairs, Eko Electricity Distribution Company, said that the constant electricity supply presently experienced was due to government’s effort at reviving power stations.

Edemudia restated government’s commitment to providing stable power supply in the country.

“In its efforts to provide stable power supply, the Federal Government has invested substantially to revamp the power sector, ’’ he said.

NAN gathered from the PHCN Transmission Company of Nigeria that the country’s power generation stood at 3,400 megawatts as at Thursday. (NAN)

http://businessnews.com.ng/2013/09/13/lagos-residents-commend-government-improved-power-supply/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=lagos-residents-commend-government-improved-power-supply

6 Likes

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by ebidels(m): 9:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
Where there is a will, there will always be a way.
Nigeria can become great, if we all (both leaders and followers) make up our mind to make it great.

6 Likes

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by gramci: 9:57pm On Sep 13, 2013
Where are the evil men of nairaland?

14 Likes

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by ochejoseph(m): 10:09pm On Sep 13, 2013
gramci: Where are the evil men of nairaland?
Am sorry u won't see them,they have all gone for a dinner organised by Amaechi and his Boko haram compatriots for e-rats,e-lizards and e-cockroach's to reward them for never seeing anything good in this Nation and for always going blind when projects that touch the lives of Nigerians are been commissioned.
Some will receive long term service award for always sticking to lies and never telling the truth ,while others will receive letters of commendation for running down this nation on every thread !!!!
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

67 Likes

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 13, 2013
When power drops by even 1megawatt, APC maggots will come out spitting fire but when the same power increases, they go into hiding. It is not impossible that APC warriors are responsible for the series of pipeline vandalism that resulted in drop of power in the first place.

Meanwhile, @Op, what about source?

18 Likes

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by Reptyle(m): 10:37pm On Sep 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: When power drops by even 1megawatt, APC maggots will come out spitting fire but when the same power increases, they go into hiding. It is not impossible that APC warriors are responsible for the series of pipeline vandalism that resulted in drop of power in the first place.

Everyone who complains about the light situation is an APC member right?

Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!! Abeg comot for road for me make I go top my generator for d nite jare undecided undecided undecided

32 Likes

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by Adrenaline123(m): 10:48pm On Sep 13, 2013
One thing about a great leader is> castigate now - commend in the long run.

4 Likes

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by ochilikoko(m): 10:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
d light situation in my area (Onitsha)has equally improved

4 Likes

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by emmatok(m): 11:24pm On Sep 13, 2013
Fake news coming from NANS.
Pity Nigerians even when they are in Darkness, they will claim to having 24/7 electricity.
Psychos.

21 Likes

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by boladez(m): 11:27pm On Sep 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: When power drops by even 1megawatt, APC maggots will come out spitting fire but when the same power increases, they go into hiding. It is not impossible that APC warriors are responsible for the series of pipeline vandalism that resulted in drop of power in the first place.

Watch out APC and Fashola are pushing you to your early grave! Check your BP regularly and drink plenty of water. Again I wonder how Ilupeju represents Lagosians

24 Likes

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 14, 2013
boladez:

Watch out APC and Fashola are pushing you to your early grave! Check your BP regularly and drink plenty of water. Again I wonder how Ilupeju represents Lagosians
I'm having fun. Dont you get it? You should direct your advice to the hateful, angry and bitter opposition elements on NL.

15 Likes

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by LMAyedun(m): 1:57am On Sep 14, 2013
Improved power supply?
When Smaller countries have been enjoying uninterrupted power supply for years.
This kinda News makes me feel Nigerians aren't ready for change & development just yet.

8 Likes

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by ChimaAdeoye: 2:09am On Sep 14, 2013
Those APC leeches are the worst creatures on the planet! They will never see nor wish good on this country . They enjoy woes falling on Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by gramci: 4:29am On Sep 14, 2013
Chima_Adeoye: Those APC leeches are the worst creatures on the planet! They will never see nor wish good on this country . They enjoy woes falling on Nigeria.

APC's evil men prayed against the success of emergency rule in north east so that they can have reason to complain about insecurity.

11 Likes

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by boladez(m): 6:49am On Sep 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I'm having fun. Dont you get it? You should direct your advice to the hateful, angry and bitter opposition elements on NL.

You can add palm oil to the mixture. It will help you get over Lagos and APC. How life out there in Enugu? Has FG paid the airport land lords compensation? Is Chime better and performing?
Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by ochejoseph(m): 10:05am On Sep 14, 2013

If you had looked further down u would have seen the source NAN (news agency of Nigeria) but if u are asking for a link I have just posted it
businessnews.com.ng/2013/09/13/lagos-residents-commend-government-improved-power-supply/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=lagos-residents-commend-government-improved-power-supply

Enjoy yrweek end and leave the APC e -rats and lizards to live in their fools paradise
Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by taharqa: 11:00am On Sep 14, 2013
emmatok: Fake news coming from NANS.
Pity Nigerians even when they are in Darkness, they will claim to having 24/7 electricity.
Psychos.
NAN (News Agency of Nigeria) not NANS, Olodo...

10 Likes

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by jmaine: 11:06am On Sep 14, 2013
It's been awesome recently but me still dey watch observe sha . .Even a friend who visited me from Benin is still in shock about the over 19 hours power supply we enjoy recently against the norm .

Though it reminds me of Benin impressive power supply rate .

5 Likes

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by jimmysho(m): 11:50am On Sep 14, 2013
[quote author=ebidels]Where there is a will, there will always be a way.
Nigeria can become great, if we all (both leaders and followers) make up our mind to make it great.[/qu

Let hope for the best in other adminstrations
Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by Akshow: 1:12pm On Sep 14, 2013
No lait for kd n kano o
Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by MrAboki: 1:12pm On Sep 14, 2013
I live in Oniru and I have not seen light with my eyes since I rented the house o!! And there is a transformer in the house so I know that it is NEPA or what ever name they now call themselves fault..

10 Likes

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by j4sure(m): 1:13pm On Sep 14, 2013
gramci: Where are the evil men of nairaland?

Why are you exempting yourself now?

May God save u

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by dokunbam(m): 1:14pm On Sep 14, 2013
it has improved really
Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by okooloyun1(m): 1:15pm On Sep 14, 2013
Electricity at Olodo area in Ibadan is a miracle when u see it.

3 Likes

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 14, 2013
I tot I was d only one dat noticed
Light has improved in Ikeja
Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by T4Tough(f): 1:17pm On Sep 14, 2013
Hia well u will call it improvement in my area in satelite area use to be 5hours every other day now its 5hours 30mins I thank PHCN o

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by JMOI: 1:17pm On Sep 14, 2013
GEJ is working! Nebo (my former VC) is working! Haters gonna hate, winners gonna fly.

5 Likes

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by camry2008: 1:18pm On Sep 14, 2013
Bill payment is ongoing, thats why u still see light and it looks as if they have improved. wait till the next one week whn everybody have settle the distributed bills, wht u see now is screen saver. grin

8 Likes

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by pembisco(m): 1:18pm On Sep 14, 2013
Mteew! Y is it only during raining season dt power supply increases? U tink we dnt knw? Is cos of d rain. Improvd power supply my, sorry ur a$$

3 Likes

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by lwise(m): 1:19pm On Sep 14, 2013
I can't believe am still in Nigeria with the kind of constant supply I'm experiencing.
Let's pray it continues oooo.If you don't have good transformer in your area,go and get one.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by sweetkev(m): 1:19pm On Sep 14, 2013
I can't see any improvement.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by JMOI: 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2013
There is improvement all over the country, even in Enugu here. I trust you Nebo. He's a professional par excellence. More power to your elbow sir!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Frenchman: "Africans Are Murderers, Criminals, Fraudsters In Suit" / Wike Declares Free Primary, Secondary Education In Rivers / Benue/Ebonyi: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Border Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.