Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply (15000 Views)

Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain / ‘ Why There Is Improved Power Supply’ - Acting MD YEDC / Omotola Commends PHCN For A Job Well Done In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by Oldboy1: 5:46pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ejigbo is not part of the Lagos that enjoy steady power supply and they are under the so called Eko district.
So all these claims are lies.
Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by telim: 5:48pm On Sep 14, 2013
we only have electricity from 6.00pm
to 6.20pm which as been happening
for four days now in my hood in
lokoja. I just hope phcn have not
diverted the power allocated to lokoja
to other states oh.
Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by telim: 5:48pm On Sep 14, 2013
we only have electricity from 6.00pm to 6.20pm which as been happening for four days now in my hood in lokoja. I just hope phcn have not diverted the power allocated to lokoja to other states oh.
Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by amakenny: 5:55pm On Sep 14, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
Improved power supply?
When Smaller countries have been enjoying uninterrupted power supply for years.
This kinda News makes me feel Nigerians aren't ready for change & development just yet.
Honest Nigerians do not expect positive changes from APC. Leaders of APC are only after grabbing political power for the sake of their bank accounts. Good Nigerians want sustainment and improvements on the visible developments going on all over Nigeria. Boko Harm sympathisers cannot be entrusted with power.
Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by ojj(m): 6:05pm On Sep 14, 2013
@ajangbadi Okokomiko no light for 2wks n bill is 5k. Where I take dey enjoy the light. Abeg make I hear word.
Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by okoolori(m): 6:05pm On Sep 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: When power drops by even 1megawatt, APC maggots will come out spitting fire but when the same power increases, they go into hiding. It is not impossible that APC warriors are responsible for the series of pipeline vandalism that resulted in drop of power in the first place.

Meanwhile, @Op, what about source?

Hmmmm senseless talk I tot u r better than this ogbeni adagba je raufu. In case u had forgeting, THat " To Whom a brain is given, Sense is required of him. Ogbeni, use ur IQ for far better things than attacking the gov that is perfoming.

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by cheiwura: 6:06pm On Sep 14, 2013
sage_: I don't get less than 16 hours of electricity daily on the Average and this has been going on for the past 1 year. This privatization must be completed.

Where is your area? I guess you are in Aso rock!
Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by deeptesting(m): 6:18pm On Sep 14, 2013
Old boy: Ejigbo is not part of the Lagos that enjoy steady power supply and they are under the so called Eko district.
So all these claims are lies.

My bro. I just stumbled on this thread and I am really baffled that people can make senseless remarks of national concern. The statement of the Ilupeju community chairman or whatever he calls himself is a cheap attempt to mislead the people and improve the rating of whoever he must have collected money from and since when did Ilupeju represent the entire Lagos district...It is obvious that our elders are even consuming more alcohol and spending more time than the unemployed youths in beer parlor. I am very sure he issued that statement from nairaland beer parlor.

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by 5much(m): 6:29pm On Sep 14, 2013
GEJ is working.
Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by elohorayodele: 6:30pm On Sep 14, 2013
Have had lite for 22hrs nw, as I see dis thread phcn cari d lite!

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by Godson201333(m): 6:41pm On Sep 14, 2013
even though i am not in Nigeria,I know that the electricity problem has improved..
Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by elohorayodele: 6:50pm On Sep 14, 2013
cheiwura:

Where is your area? I guess you are in Aso rock!

Some areas in lagos rily do enjoy @ least 20hrs evday, mine included!
Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by cheiwura: 6:54pm On Sep 14, 2013
U90 IN DIVERSIT:

I don't think you have left the shores of that our country called Nigeria. If you have, i believe you wouldn't be saying all these concerning one of the top oil producing nations in the world...... I felt terribly bad the moment i stepped out of my country, naija. Whereas, poor countries without the gift of oil do have uninterrupted power supply. During my (1 yr training) stay in Cairo, i once spoke to some Egyptian as to why they derive joy in protesting. They responded ( to my shock) by telling me that the crop of leaders they have now are not delivering on their promises. I told them to visit my country, Nigeria, then, they will know that they are in heaven. This is an African country ( like Nigeria) where constant power supply is a way of life. Here, you hardly see downstairs ( virtually all the buildings i went to had elevator ( because there's electricity). If one visits Cairo today and decides to rent an apartment the same day, it's as easy as ABC, courtesy of the gov't's housing policy. With 1 Egyptian pound (equivalent to less than 25 naira) one can board a train from, say, Lagos to Benin. I was so shock seeing all these things there. I don't know whether Egypt has oil, but i also discovered that fuel price is less than our 40 naria for privately owned cars, while cars for public transport buy at less than our 30 naira. And someone is telling me that we should celebrate 2 weeks of epileptic power supply. What a shame! SMH!!!

Peeps, for time sake, i will pause here.

It pains me whenever I remember that all what we do in Nigeria is politics of acrimony rather than that of ideology. Can somebody remind me population and economic endowment of South Africa vs their electricity generation capacity.

It is worrisome we will keep getting what we have been getting cause we keep doing what we have been doing.

Let us stop this campaingn of seeing political opposition rather than seeing critical national calamity. We are far from development if we keep celebrating 3400mw of electricity irrespective of whose light is costant on paper!

Nigerians it is high time we woke up from political manipulation. Campaigning with electricity after 50 years of independence is not a cheering news.

My opinion!

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by Rossikk(m): 7:02pm On Sep 14, 2013
cheiwura:

It pains me whenever I remember that all what we do in Nigeria is politics of acrimony rather than that of ideology. Can somebody remind me population and economic endowment of South Africa vs their electricity generation capacity.

Excuse me but it is ILLITERATE to compare Nigeria to South Africa in terms of infrastructure. South Africa has been seeing continuous investment in her infrastructure, including power infrastructure for the last 150 years minimum non-stop. The colonial govt there re-invested the proceeds of the gold trade in the country (because there was a white population), while in Nigeria, the colonialists looted and looted and did nothing. It was only after they left in 1960 that we even began building a national grid and power plants. The Brits had been using imported industrial generators to power a few elite sections of some cities and that was it. When they left, we were 'generating' a pitiful 270 mw nationwide. Meanwhile, by the 1940s South Africa was already industrialised and generating in excess of 12,000 mw. So PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE, STOP expecting Nigeria to ''be like South Africa''. They had a CENTURY's headstart on Nigeria and every other black African nation in terms of development, and we are playing catch-up. Thanks.

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by mrfolu(m): 7:19pm On Sep 14, 2013
I live in AJ city grin grin grin i can not see any improvement except when they want to bring the monthly bill to avoid been beaten by angry residents for lack of electricity supply for the past weeks grin grin grin
Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by cheiwura: 7:21pm On Sep 14, 2013
Rossikk:

They had a CENTURY's headstart on Nigeria and every other black African nation in terms of development, and we are playing catch-up. Thanks.

Thanks for reminding me that Nigeria will continue to play a catch up role on every other African contry on electricity generation even Ghana.

We will keep getting what we have been getting even with our 1000% LITERACY.

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by Rossikk(m): 7:23pm On Sep 14, 2013
cheiwura:

Thanks for reminding me that Nigeria will continue to play a catch up role on every other African contry on electricity generation even Ghana.

We will keep getting what we have been getting even with our 1000% LITTERACY.

Ghana has power cuts.

http://www.theafricareport.com/West-Africa/ghana-erratic-power-supply-haunts-government.html
Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by Picomon(m): 7:27pm On Sep 14, 2013
WTF? Are you kidding me? Na every city for lagos em interview abi na only illupeju?

Mehn.. This people should chill. Tell em to get their result right before dishing out stories. This is another political blunder.
Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by ennecco: 7:28pm On Sep 14, 2013
constanse power suply good improvement God has answer the prayers of nigerians. my adverse to nigerians they should learn how to put flouricent in front of their houses.
Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by Seequadry(m): 7:29pm On Sep 14, 2013
Abeg which area 4 lagos is dat Cos na EJIGBO I dey stay nd we are under oshodi isolo LG.. ONEDAY ON ONEDAY OF na d rules 4 my area.....and our oneday ON na 6p.m to 10a.m for d first week 2nd week na 6a.m to 5p.m d following week
If you think say I dey lie ASK ogbeni KEHINDE BAMIGBETAN (chairman elcda)
Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by inspbado(m): 7:50pm On Sep 14, 2013
Improvement my a55!!!! I reside in ikorodu, a suburb of Lagos, and the light situation is rubbish!!!! Ikeja where I work is no better!! You guys just come online and use one or two locations to gauge the situation of a whole state\country. Smh for Nigeria
Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 14, 2013
Rossikk: Oh shut up... Current generation is 3845 mw, plus there is a fundamental restructuring and privatisation process going on to greatly raise output. That is where your dull brain should be focused on rather than coming here to contribute nothing like an illiterate.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Shame nor even catch you sef as you talk am. cheesy cheesy

Silly Nigerian.

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by MrAboki: 7:53pm On Sep 14, 2013
Promhize:

If u are lying, it will never be well with u. Idiot.

Because of NEPA light??

And if I'm telling the truth, is it okay for me to say 'it will not be well with you?'

Na wah for human beings o!
Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by cheiwura: 7:53pm On Sep 14, 2013
Rossikk:

Ghana has power cuts.

http://www.theafricareport.com/West-Africa/ghana-erratic-power-supply-haunts-government.html

Pls update yourself beacause I know Ghana generates more than its electricity requirement as at today. Ghana just signed a new contract with neighbouring countries for export of electricty.

http://www.bdlive.co.za/africa/africanbusiness/2013/09/12/ghana-plans-oceanic-gas-terminal-to-drive-electricity-production
Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by BetaThings: 8:12pm On Sep 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: When power drops by even 1megawatt, APC maggots will come out spitting fire but when the same power increases, they go into hiding. It is not impossible that APC warriors are responsible for the series of pipeline vandalism that resulted in drop of power in the first place.

Meanwhile, @Op, what about source?
Chamberlain Usoh of Channels once let it slip that he did not enjoy the improved power supply some people experienced in Lagos around July 2012
Did he become an APC man then? You guys want to turn this country to Russia
Nobody can criticise our emperor even when you go back to Nairaland and see that Yaradua was criticised severely without people shouting tribalism or political sabotage
Go around Nigeria and confirm if Prof Nebo's assertion that Nigerians enjoy 16hours of power supply is true

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by BetaThings: 8:15pm On Sep 14, 2013
"There is light! There is light!!"
But you get to filling stations around 6 - 7pm and Nigerians are all over there with 4 -litre cans buying petrol!

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by emmatok(m): 8:29pm On Sep 14, 2013
Rossikk:

There is a HUGE diference, thicko. Have you generated 1/4 of a kilowatt in your life? Yet you sniff at 485 mw that's enough to power countless thousands of homes and industries. That ''insignificant'' 485 mw is the equivalent of roughly half a billion dollars in investment at the going rate of $1 million per mw.
I see you are in combative mode.
Yes I have generated more than that cos my coy runs on two 1000kva caterpillar generators. grin happy.
Some countries are generating 10,000-40,000mw.
The giant of Africa cannot generate ordinary 5000 mw and you're jumping allover the place.
Why is everything rocket science in Nigeria.

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by 3ace(m): 8:29pm On Sep 14, 2013
Still watching with keen interest. Will still wait for a reasonable length of time before concluding. Dem don improve briefly lik dis before; no be today. Although I pray this is will eventually become a permanent improvement.
Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by Ewarrior: 8:32pm On Sep 14, 2013
When will all these silly lies stop?? Is it not dis same lagos,which light has improved??

The last time dere was light in my area was yesterday morning..

They should look for anoda lie to tell us cos dis one won't fly.

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by Gboliwe: 8:36pm On Sep 14, 2013
First of, i'm pro Gej. Secondly, I havent seen any improvement in my present location, Uyo in AKS.
In Imo state, Owerri, we had electricity supply for a minimum of 20hrs. Sometimes 21hrs or 22hrs. It was always available. It was like that in Enugu and Awka too. You could feel the presence of PHCN. But in this town, lets use 2day as an example, my bulb hasn't seen 'light' for half a millisecond. When it comes on probably very late at nite, it wont be there when I wake up by 5am and thats it for sunday!Very sad situation

Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by Wily1Wily: 8:39pm On Sep 14, 2013
Yorubas should appreciate and also thank God for sending Jonathan who gave them light.
Re: Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply by emmatok(m): 8:48pm On Sep 14, 2013
Wily1Wily: Yorubas should appreciate and also thank God for sending Jonathan who gave them light.

Joker.
How many hours light do you get a day.

FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation / NITDA Bill Threatens Tech Startups In Nigeria / Supporters Storm Orji Kalu's Abia Residence, Reaffirm Support For Him, APC