Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,992 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Best C/C++ Compiler? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Best C/C++ Compiler? (4291 Views)

Hlp With Link To Download A Good C/C++ Compiler With A Size Of 30-40mb / Pls Help, Website For C/c++ Compiler Free Download Windows 7 / Is There Any C++ Compiler For Mobile Phone Se(java) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best C/C++ Compiler? by hopefullman: 11:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
Hello nairalanders i really need your help on this topic.i want to start learning C programing.which compiler should i start with that is easy to use and updated?i have gogled d answr bt answers weren't satisfying.i av heard about digital mars,turbo compiler,visual studio etc bt coments about them aren't encouraging as many complain about being outdated,buggy,crashing,corupt exe file etc.i'm quite stuck now.which compiler should i go for?i need your advice .thanks
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by GoodBoi1(m): 6:09am On Sep 14, 2013
Microsoft Visual compiler and IDE. Download Visual Sudio express 2012, use C++ projects but you must change your source file extension from .cpp to .c else it will treated as a C++ file.
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by ooman(m): 7:18am On Sep 14, 2013
gcc migwin or cygwin added to netbeans is the best compiler and editor in history. dev c++ is also good.
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by hopefullman: 9:27am On Sep 14, 2013
ooman: gcc migwin or cygwin added to netbeans is the best compiler and editor in history. dev c++ is also good.
pls how is gcc mingw diff 4rm ordinary mingw or cygwin?or what does the gcc mean?is the netbeans also a compiler or ide? Is the dev c++ same as visual studio.sory for my question.thank you
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by ooman(m): 5:34pm On Sep 14, 2013
hopefullman:
pls how is gcc mingw diff 4rm ordinary mingw or cygwin?or what does the gcc mean?is the netbeans also a compiler or ide? Is the dev c++ same as visual studio.sory for my question.thank you

mingw is all same, gcc is from free software foundation in usa, neatbeans is both a compiler and ide for many langs, but specifically for java, but fortran, c/c++,php,groovy,apache and even python can be coded and compiled with it. dev c++ is diff from v. studio, who know v. studio? just google dev c++ and you ll download for free, but your best bet is netbeans with cygwin or mingw addons.
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by GoodBoi1(m): 11:15pm On Sep 14, 2013
I've downloaded some of the other IDEs and believe me Visual studio is the best. Forget all this sentiments, if you want productivity get VS. The reason I will use mingw compiler is because of its more C++11 features and compatibility with open source (free) softwares but hey it's still not fully implemented in any compiler either. If you want it feature rich, easy and free from unnecessary bugs VS is the way. Get the free VS 2012 express for desktop. You will keep coming back to it. I will advise you to also download Pelles C because it has nice C language documentation and it's updated to the latest standard C11 but let VS be your main.
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by hopefullman: 2:22am On Sep 17, 2013
ooman:

mingw is all same, gcc is from free software foundation in usa, neatbeans is both a compiler and ide for many langs, but specifically for java, but fortran, c/c++,php,groovy,apache and even python can be coded and compiled with it. dev c++ is diff from v. studio, who know v. studio? just google dev c++ and you ll download for free, but your best bet is netbeans with cygwin or mingw addons.
thanks
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by hopefullman: 2:23am On Sep 17, 2013
Good Boi: I've downloaded some of the other IDEs and believe me Visual studio is the best. Forget all this sentiments, if you want productivity get VS. The reason I will use mingw compiler is because of its more C++11 features and compatibility with open source (free) softwares but hey it's still not fully implemented in any compiler either. If you want it feature rich, easy and free from unnecessary bugs VS is the way. Get the free VS 2012 express for desktop. You will keep coming back to it. I will advise you to also download Pelles C because it has nice C language documentation and it's updated to the latest standard C11 but let VS be your main.
ok thanks.i wil try that pelles also and get bak on how it goes
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by hopefullman: 10:55am On Sep 17, 2013
Good Boi: I've downloaded some of the other IDEs and believe me Visual studio is the best. Forget all this sentiments, if you want productivity get VS. The reason I will use mingw compiler is because of its more C++11 features and compatibility with open source (free) softwares but hey it's still not fully implemented in any compiler either. If you want it feature rich, easy and free from unnecessary bugs VS is the way. Get the free VS 2012 express for desktop. You will keep coming back to it. I will advise you to also download Pelles C because it has nice C language documentation and it's updated to the latest standard C11 but let VS be your main.
i av dwnloaded& instald peles c.when i try to run the ide window shuts it<ide> down (pelles c ide has encountered a problem and need to close we are sorry for the inconveinence) and generate an error report.I hav turnd off DEP bt prblm stil persist. i redownloadd §reinstal the setup bt stil d same.cn u hlp me upload ur working v7.0 setup of peles c.thank you
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by GoodBoi1(m): 7:34pm On Sep 17, 2013
I download from here
http://www.smorgasbordet.com/pellesc/
for windows 32-bit. Check if u download the right one for you Windows (32 or 64).
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by hopefullman: 11:57pm On Sep 18, 2013
Good Boi: I download from here
http://www.smorgasbordet.com/pellesc/
for windows 32-bit. Check if u download the right one for you Windows (32 or 64).
yes i download the right one 32bit.it installed sucesfuly but the ide wont just load when i try to run it
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by GoodBoi1(m): 2:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
do u mean when u try to execute a c program?
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by hopefullman: 5:49pm On Sep 19, 2013
Good Boi: do u mean when u try to execute a c program?
no.i try to load the ide to write a program
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by mrdino(m): 7:32pm On Sep 19, 2013
I think d best IDE for coding in C is CodeBlocks, Pelles C IDE, Visual Studio is good too. but personally i prefer Pelles C or CodeBlocks easy to use
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by GoodBoi1(m): 2:32pm On Sep 20, 2013
hopefullman:
no.i try to load the ide to write a program
uninstall, not deactivate, your antivirus and reinstall pellesc c
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by hopefullman: 4:00am On Sep 21, 2013
Good Boi: uninstall, not deactivate, your antivirus and reinstall pellesc c
same problem.i'l try downloadin 4rm anoda site.thanks
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by hopefullman: 4:05am On Sep 21, 2013
Good Boi: uninstall, not deactivate, your antivirus and reinstall pellesc c
do u know the file path where visual c++ 200x sp1 is instald In xp?i instaled it bt cant find it in the c\propram files.thanks
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by ooman(m): 3:05pm On Sep 21, 2013
hopefullman:
same problem.i'l try downloadin 4rm anoda site.thanks

follow my advice and all shall be well with thee.
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by GoodBoi1(m): 8:07pm On Sep 23, 2013
hopefullman:
do u know the file path where visual c++ 200x sp1 is instald In xp?i instaled it bt cant find it in the c\propram files.thanks
I see your problem, your using xp. This should work http://download.cnet.com/Pelles-C/3000-2212_4-10516782.html
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by kambo(m): 8:31am On Oct 05, 2013
Mingw produces very bloated output. A simple hello world class could generate close to a megabyte wen compiled,
codeblocks is an ide around mingw .
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by hopefullman: 11:33am On Oct 05, 2013
kambo: Mingw produces very bloated output. A simple hello world class could generate close to a megabyte wen compiled,
codeblocks is an ide around mingw .
do you mean i have to use codeblocks with mingw to prevent bloated output when using mingw compiler with other ide or text editor?thanks
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by hopefullman: 11:36am On Oct 05, 2013
Good Boi: I see your problem, your using xp. This should work http://download.cnet.com/Pelles-C/3000-2212_4-10516782.html
thanks.
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by kambo(m): 3:51pm On Oct 05, 2013
The popular free compilers out there with gui interfaces are just wrappers around gnu compilers. Eclipse: wraps mingw, codeblocks wraps mingw, devc++ wraps gcc/mingw.
Mingw is gcc for windows.
Gcc/mingw produces large code on other hand javac produces code thats just a few kilobytes larger than the compiled source code.
It's the distorted code size tht is a turn off as u'd could quickly use up so much disk space while learning and writing sample programs.
Bcc- borland doesnt produce bloated code but comes with poor documentation ,so set up can b a pain 4 a newbie, and in some cases mingw and borland cant compile the same code!
If the code size isnt an issue, u can wrap eclipse or netbeans around mingw and use.
Or try ms visual studio, i hav no experience with it.
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by texanomaly(f): 4:03pm On Oct 05, 2013
I love it when you talk dirty techie.

Sorry...couldn't resist. I'm still trying to figure why I follow you. Interesting stuff though. I'm a sucker for a Geek.

Morning/afternoon

Still morning here.
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by kambo(m): 6:15pm On Oct 05, 2013
texanomaly: I love it when you talk dirty techie.

Sorry...couldn't resist. I'm still trying to figure why I follow you. Interesting stuff though. I'm a sucker for a Geek.

Morning/afternoon

Still morning here.

hmm. Funny . Work the Nand gates and XOR switches in ur brain to resolve the question of y u following poster x.
U wudnt wanna hang with a tru nerd/geek if u met 1 blv me on tht. Theyre too boring for d avrage miss.
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by texanomaly(f): 6:20pm On Oct 05, 2013
kambo:

hmm. Funny . Work the Nand gates and XOR switches in ur brain to resolve the question of y u following poster x.
U wudnt wanna hang with a tru nerd/geek if u met 1 blv me on tht. Theyre too boring for d avrage miss.
Wow

Rude

God bless you
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by texanomaly(f): 7:01pm On Oct 05, 2013
kambo:

Hmmm. Look I'm sorry. Not really sure what possessed me to say that. I actually do know some geek/nerds.

Also I was top of my class in college algebra. Higher math than that was not a must for my chosen major. (English and Political Science)

So have a nice day. Really smiley
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by ciphoenix: 7:18pm On Oct 05, 2013
kambo:

Are we to debate the difference between both terms? smiley

Geeks aren't socially backwards though
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by kambo(m): 7:41pm On Oct 05, 2013
:
texanomaly:

Hmmm. Look I'm sorry. Not really sure what possessed me to say that. I actually do know some geek/nerds.

Also I was top of my class in college algebra. Higher math than that was not a must for my chosen major. (English and Political Science)

So have a nice day. Really smiley
easy girl. Dont b so sensitive -
i was sayg indirectly somethg tht cud b said mor plainly (and less forcefully): an appeal to logically dissecting a seemingly illogical motive!
Thts the way of the scientist ...
Anyway ... (eyes glaze over wen too much xplaing is done) .. I wud b a fool to dish out unwarranted insult. Insult was never intented..
smiley . Blv me.
(and it takes a girl with a wrkg brain to
hav an interest in geeky/intellectual stuff.
average ones either glaze over or nod sheepishly while switchg u off in their minds).
Phew!! (fagged out frm too much talkg).
Hope my seemg-Apologies are accepted :/ smiley
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by kambo(m): 7:59pm On Oct 05, 2013
ciphoenix:

Are we to debate the difference between both terms? smiley

Geeks aren't socially backwards though

there arent enough hours in a day for a nerd (being a purist here) to immerse himself in his subject. His obsession is a mystcal aura to outsiders but it can b unbearable for those who hav to live with it everyday. Loneliness and d feeling of being shunned isnt what other-halves signed up for. One of d top golfers (an indian) lost his wife to golf. Lady said he thought golf, talked golf, played golf practced golf ALL THE TIME!!. Sir Atiyah (mathematician, field medalist) said something to same effect. He's retired and in his eighties but he's always thinkg maths . Small talk is an obvious and irritating no no.
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by texanomaly(f): 8:28pm On Oct 05, 2013
@ kambo

Apology accepted.

Btw: You don't even know me. I'm not some mindless bimbo. Contrary to my idiotic comments to you.

I graduated in the top 10% of my high school class. I attended Brigham Young University, where I received a masters in English, and minored in political science. I also have a degree from Texas Tech University in Education.

Don't judge a book by it's occasional lack of decorum. grin
Re: Best C/C++ Compiler? by kambo(m): 9:23pm On Oct 05, 2013
texanomaly: @ kambo

Apology accepted.

Btw: You don't even know me. I'm not some mindless bimbo. Contrary to my idiotic comments to you.

I graduated in the top 10% of my high school class. I attended Brigham Young University, where I received a masters in English, and minored in political science. I also have a degree from Texas Tech University in Education.

Don't judge a book by it's occasional lack of decorum. grin

u must b a side nerd then, with all ur degrees.
Hey girl forgv urself dont b so hard on urself for gushing. It happens ( and sometimes it backfires leadg to defensive psychologcal bhvrs to salvage ones pride! ).
Besides bimbos dont visit here thyre a dime a dozen elsewhere like the romance section where no brains ar required. I shouldv been mor graceful in my reply to save all these tori.

Occasional lack of decorum or occassional lack of timidity. smiley*chuckle*

(1) (2) (Reply)

Got Another Remote Job Offer In The UK / Goodbye Java! / I Need Help On C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.