Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil (2358 Views)

Religion,a Tool Of Mind Control And Ignorance / Religious Violence In Nigeria: Boko Haram As A Tool Of Religious, Political & Foreign Interests / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by benalvino(m): 11:06am On Sep 14, 2013
I have come to realize that religious section of nairaland is another tool the devil is using to sway people away from God... this section is really putting confusion in the mind of people concerning the scriptures. this is a fact i just came to realize...

everyone seem to think he is right... and going through endless debate trying to convince people that their minds are set up just like every other person... this should be the last post from me and I pray that God helps me stay away at least from this forum... all the topics are just repeatation of what was posted long ago so another arguement could be started but will never conclude...

it has come to my senses that most of the things we debate here are not relevant for salvation... trust in the Lord and keep the commandment of God is what will take you to heaven and not 90% of the things we come here to kill our self for...

the friend that ask me to join has long gone... and i think it is time for me to join him... there are better things to do in life than to be here putting confusion inside of people.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 14, 2013
Not this way.
Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by 247notire(m): 11:10am On Sep 14, 2013
Meanin u joind because of sombody.smh.u dnt even knw wat u wnt. It's a Forum 4 God's sake! Wat do u xpct? Wud be beta if u left altogether sha. Deuces.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by benalvino(m): 11:19am On Sep 14, 2013
247notire: Meanin u joind because of sombody.smh.u dnt even knw wat u wnt. It's a Forum 4 God's sake! Wat do u xpct? Wud be beta if u left altogether sha. Deuces.

yeah my friend ask me to join... it took me more than a year to join since he first asked me... We love debating about everything... I take him as a close brother as he takes me as his brother too... he is a JW... and when he have a talk he invites me i go. He attacks other religions and mostly rich people(bill gate) etc... and I sometimes attack JW also because most of their past he doesnt know but he knows the past of other religion...

people come here and at the end have bad blood for each other and these are people that is suppose to be building each other spiritually...
to be honest I joined because i like debating but now i realize that all this is not helping many but doing what the Devil wants... But doubt and confusion in people...

everyone is calling everyone Lust... as far as i know... no religion will speak to another religion that he is in the truth... all of them are calling each other the devil.

I joined because of my friend ask me to, i did not join because this will lead me to Heaven. from time i know what is required to go to heaven and not what we come here to confuse our self with.
Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by Adrenaline123(m): 11:56am On Sep 14, 2013
For me nairaland makes me come short of salvation. Sometimes you come across morally debased topic titles, obscene and vulgar-filled topics some promoting ethnocentric hatred among tribes. But let he that has ear hear, that nothing unclean, in thought, sight, and doings will enter heaven. Only the pure in heart will see God.
However, in this recent times try as much as possible to stay away from things that will defile you or make you sin, so you will not regret.
I am a constant surfer of nairaland website but from now on i will reduce my visits until i stop finally. I know somepersons here now do things they wouldn't have thought of doing because of nairaland. Well as the Bible say; 'IF IT IS YOUR EYES THAT WILL MAKE YOU SIN PLUCK IT OUT'.
Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by pafra(m): 12:04pm On Sep 14, 2013
this section for me is a [b]NO [/b]go area i visit every section xcept the religion section. from there topics you shall no them.
Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by onetrack(m): 12:04pm On Sep 14, 2013
benalvino: I have come to realize that religious section of nairaland is another tool the devil is using to sway people away from God... this section is really putting confusion in the mind of people concerning the scriptures. this is a fact i just came to realize...

everyone seem to think he is right... and going through endless debate trying to convince people that their minds are set up just like every other person... this should be the last post from me and I pray that God helps me stay away at least from this forum... all the topics are just repeatation of what was posted long ago so another arguement could be started but will never conclude...

it has come to my senses that most of the things we debate here are not relevant for salvation... trust in the Lord and keep the commandment of God is what will take you to heaven and not 90% of the things we come here to kill our self for...

the friend that ask me to join has long gone... and i think it is time for me to join him... there are better things to do in life than to be here putting confusion inside of people.

To the extent that Nairaland causes people to be confused about their beliefs, I say that that is a good thing. People who are unsure about their beliefs are unlikely to blow themselves up in a market or machine-gun people from another religious group. Only the 1000% true believers do that type of thing in the name of god.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 14, 2013
benalvino: I have come to realize that religious section of nairaland is another tool the devil is using to sway people away from God... this section is really putting confusion in the mind of people concerning the scriptures. this is a fact i just came to realize...

[b]ahhh but you err greatly. for one, there is only so many threads you can open about trusting in the lord and keeping his commandment. how many threads can you make with this topic ? i suspect not too many BUTTTTTTT you miss the bigger picture. every aspect of scripture brings you closer to salvation. christ says i come in the volume of the book ( meaning all of the bible is about him even if it does not directly mention his name. every aspect of scripture both old and new brings you closer to CHRIST because john 1 vs 14 says the word became flesh, meaning the whole bible is christ. so you are wrong. any discussion relating to any aspect of the bible is important for your salvation because you are drawing closer to christ by studying and debating his words. scripture says where two or more are gathered in my name there will I be. scripture says study to show yourself approved. scripture says take one step closer to me and i will take two to you. scripture says blessed is he who reads. scripture says assume diligence to make your election certain. SO STOP PIGEON HOLING YOURSELF INTO TOPICS ABOUT SALVATION ONLY. sounds like you are the one who needs to really find the lord and not those you castigate on the forum[/b] wink wink wink

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by benalvino(m): 2:09pm On Sep 14, 2013
obadiah777: [b]ahhh but you err greatly. for one, there is only so many threads you can open about trusting in the lord and keeping his commandment. how many threads can you make with this topic ? i suspect not too many BUTTTTTTT you miss the bigger picture. every aspect of scripture brings you closer to salvation. christ says i come in the volume of the book ( meaning all of the bible is about him even if it does not directly mention his name. every aspect of scripture both old and new brings you closer to CHRIST because john 1 vs 14 says the word became flesh, meaning the whole bible is christ. so you are wrong. any discussion relating to any aspect of the bible is important for your salvation because you are drawing closer to christ by studying and debating his words. scripture says where two or more are gathered in my name there will I be. scripture says study to show yourself approved. scripture says take one step closer to me and i will take two to you. scripture says blessed is he who reads. scripture says assume diligence to make your election certain. SO STOP PIGEON HOLING YOURSELF INTO TOPICS ABOUT SALVATION ONLY. sounds like you are the one who needs to really find the lord and not those you castigate on the forum[/b] wink wink wink

So coming here arguing whether Jesus is Michael the archangel is important for salvation?

How about you believe in Christ and dont bother about Michael, keep the commandment and live a peaceful and good life. Then when Jesus comes you are saved... I dont think Jesus will bother about why dont you find out if I was Michael the archangel... So it is not important for salvation. The bible is the word of God... But some the things in the bible are stories of things that has happened in the past. Many has nothing to do with salvation you just get a glimps of how God destroyed people who go against him... Which is very simplified now... If you dont accept Jesus you are against him..
no need to read about pheroah it is simple now.

But arguing if Michael is Jesus and so on are not important.

And this is my final post maybe in nairaland or religious section.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2013
lol.... I get what you mean. Truly alot of posts here are garbage. I mean they are of no use to some one. You get disappointed with some ridiculous threads, and the way christians claw each other over some irrelevant issues.
I'm not trying to convince you to stay. The choice is yours to make.
But think on this analogy.
If i am given a boiled fish. I begin to eat it. If along the line, i encounter some bones in the fish, would i stop eating the fish and throw it away? No! I just set aside the bone and continue eating.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by Candour(m): 2:48pm On Sep 14, 2013
Wish u well on your decision to quit. This forum can be addictive so I personally had to device a strategy to avoid being here every hour every day. The virtual world is addictive, not only nairaland and there's very little you can do about it.

People have always had questions about religion. Naira land only provided another platform to vocalise it. I personally had become disillusioned with the way I saw Christianity practiced all around and I have the internet(not nairaland particularly) to thank largely for how much I now know about my bible.

I am not against people asking questions. Everybody needs to be persuaded in his/ her heart.

Wish you the best in your future endeavours
Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by seniourman(m): 5:53pm On Sep 14, 2013
Moderators hide this post
Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by noblefada: 6:47pm On Sep 14, 2013
benalvino:

So coming here arguing whether Jesus is Michael the archangel is important for salvation?

How about you believe in Christ and dont bother about Michael, keep the commandment and live a peaceful and good life. Then when Jesus comes you are saved... I dont think Jesus will bother about why dont you find out if I was Michael the archangel... So it is not important for salvation. The bible is the word of God... But some the things in the bible are stories of things that has happened in the past. Many has nothing to do with salvation you just get a glimps of how God destroyed people who go against him... Which is very simplified now... If you dont accept Jesus you are against him..
no need to read about pheroah it is simple now.

But arguing if Michael is Jesus and so on are not important.

And this is my final post maybe in nairaland or religious section.
You're very right, and I truly respect ur decision, I've also come to the same conclusions. For a while I only follow NL as a guest, but was force to start commenting when I saw a lot of lies and damage some people where causing, people like Logicboy & obadaiah777 to measure but a few. Yes a lot of folks lost their faith on this forum and my advise to brethren as the OP said knowledge is not necessary for salvation and be careful a lot devil's agents are here with just one aim, to derail ur faith.
thank u @Op and God Bless you
Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by Itsfacts: 7:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
seniourman: Moderators hide this post

So wetin be your reason for the thread to be closed?

Truth be told alot of folks come here to show off their bible knowledge and not to answer question. This place is suppose to be a question and answer forum, not a war zone for christians. I too attack alot of religion including my formal religion. So the op is right for sharing his opinion! Why I call it opinion is because you disagree with it but to me he has made a fact. Italo, bernimoore truthislight just naming few are all involved in serious name calling and insult, my self included. Do you insult folks to try to convince them that they are in the wrong religion?
Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by UyiIredia(m): 7:17pm On Sep 14, 2013
@ benalvino: You have a point. Those loud atheists and deists are destroying the faith of some. My pastor appears to share this sentiment which is why he hardly uses the Internet other than to send and read e-mails. I rejected the faith and Nairaland did play a part. The topics on Religion section contain lot of atheist topics and less of topics that edify Christians. Which was why I supported the E-grace convention. That said there has been lots of faith-building topics here and matters of doctrine, especially tithes, have been roundly dealt with here. I think it's safe to say you have gotten a bit more informed from your experiences here. Farewell.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by gothrones(m): 7:22pm On Sep 14, 2013
If you feel that a couple of dissenting opinions will alter your faith, then your faith was never strong to begin with.

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 14, 2013

Hmmm as if you dont argue. As if you dont think that your own point is correct. Each of us has right to believe whatever and be convince that it is right. it is only when someone is proven wrong beyond reasonable doubt and he is still insisting that you will say the above.

If everybody here agrees to your own position, without question, I hope you wont say all these, not so?

I dont accept gullibility, but I love meekness and sincerity.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 14, 2013
gothrones: If you feel that a couple of dissenting opinions will alter your faith, then your faith was never strong to begin with.
True to some extent.
Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:53pm On Sep 14, 2013
Another soldier of christ takes to his heels in face of adversity.

Xtian cowardice on display.

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by tpia5: 11:01pm On Sep 14, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ benalvino: You have a point. Those loud atheists and deists are destroying the faith of some. My pastor appears to share this sentiment which is why he hardly uses the Internet other than to send and read e-mails. I rejected the faith and Nairaland did play a part. The topics on Religion section contain lot of atheist topics and less of topics that edify Christians. Which was why I supported the E-grace convention. That said there has been lots of faith-building topics here and matters of doctrine, especially tithes, have been roundly dealt with here. I think it's safe to say you have gotten a bit more informed from your experiences here. Farewell.

you seem to blow hot and cold every so often.

one day you're christian, another day you're anti-christian, are you confused?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by tpia5: 11:02pm On Sep 14, 2013
most of the things we debate here are not relevant for salvation

true that.
Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by UyiIredia(m): 12:43am On Sep 15, 2013
tpia@:

you seem to blow hot and cold every so often.

one day you're christian, another day you're anti-christian, are you confused?

I am not. I agree with certain norms in Christianity and some I strongly dislike. It's as simple as that: you won't get a rabit atheist or an SU Christian from me. I think the term deist with Christian symathies should explain things. I also see wisdom in other religions too. So please, I don't blow hot and cold, at least, not IMO.
Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by tpia5: 3:21am On Sep 15, 2013
^i'm very sure i've seen you open a thread here saying you're no longer a christian, that you've been "convinced" by the harpies in the section, that atheism is the way?

or something similar.
Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by made2fit(f): 8:05am On Sep 15, 2013
This section to me is Ok.It all depends on how you use it. I'm mindful of the threads I open and read. I usually ignore aethiest threads or any threads that belittle Jesus etc. Even if I open one and I see where the discussion is heading to. I simply close it and move over to the next. There are other posts. Some are edifying and some are revealing. For instance, I followed the e-grace convention to the end. And I was blessed. The section is not bad at all.
Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by UyiIredia(m): 10:26am On Sep 15, 2013
tpia@:
^i'm very sure i've seen you open a thread here saying you're no longer a christian, that you've been "convinced" by the harpies in the section, that atheism is the way?

or something similar.

I haven't opened such a thread. The thread closest to what you talk about was the 'Uyi Has Seen The Light' thread logicboy opened about when I began to reject Christianity. I might toy about atheism though.
Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 15, 2013
Ure right... and cos of that, I reduced my activity in dis section... gross... and let alone opening a gay chatbox... Kai!
Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by AmandaaaP(f): 12:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
ledafaze: Ure right... and cos of that, I reduced my activity in dis section... gross... and let alone opening a gay chatbox... Kai!

Ha ! What's that phrase again ?...Oh yes !

"Beginning clock items"
Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by Delafruita(m): 12:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I haven't opened such a thread. The thread closest to what you talk about was the 'Uyi Has Seen The Light' thread logicboy opened about when I began to reject Christianity. I might toy about atheism though.
in one word:CONFUSED

1 Like

Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
I'm glad the OP is garnering likes..

smiley
Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by tpia5: 1:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
ledafaze: Ure right... and cos of that, I reduced my activity in dis section... gross... and let alone opening a gay chatbox... Kai!

Gay chatbox?
Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by Itsfacts: 4:19pm On Sep 15, 2013
gothrones: If you feel that a couple of dissenting opinions will alter your faith, then your faith was never strong to begin with.

When God says if your eyes will lead you to sin cut it off... Does he mean the person lacks faith?

This is another example of you taking the op as a weak person because he is avoiding temptation at all cause.

Don't be fooled just because you have faith doesn't mean you will want to be tested by the devil. Avoid it at all cause or cut that hand, leg or eye if it will lead you to sin.
Re: Nairaland A Tool Of The Devil by gothrones(m): 5:58pm On Sep 15, 2013
^
If that is the case then why are atheists not afraid to be around Christians? With the legions of Christians that we have, it should be atheists complaining that the doctrines of Christianity can be easily imparted unto them by constantly being around Christians; but alas, this is not the case. This much is obvious: Christians hate to be questioned about their beliefs because these beliefs are not logical and, hence, not defendable.

When God says if your eyes will lead you to sin cut it off""

Jesus was constantly around the Pharisees and Sadducees and he was constantly challenged. He never ran away. The quote above is not applicable to this situation. This has nothing to do with sin. It is about defending your beliefs.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uk-based Pastor, Fola Sola-alade Quits RCCG Trinity Chapel After 20 Years / What Is The Definition Of Evil? / I Have Decided To Be An Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.