Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Dangote,Adenuga,Otedola,18 Others Make Forbes List. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote,Adenuga,Otedola,18 Others Make Forbes List. (2847 Views)

Professors, Two-time Senator, Others Make Buhari’s Ministerial List - Vanguard / Buhari's US Visit: His Son, Yusuf, And 32 Others Make His Entourage - ThisDay / Breaking News: Efcc Detains Adenuga, Otedola And Others. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote,Adenuga,Otedola,18 Others Make Forbes List. by kubumilano(m): 3:20pm On Sep 14, 2013
Forbes also reviewed the top 21 richest nigerians based on the value of their shares held in quoted companies,the size and market share of their companies,the number of companies they own,and it assumed value,The market value of their company's brand and the impact of the companies on the nigerian economy.
Despite the harsh terrain and business challenges involved in starting a business in nigeria,the successful entrepreneur listed below held their ground and fought their way to the top.In a country of over 160million inhabitants,and millions of businesses,these 20 entrepreneurs diligently carved their way on the sands of time.
1.Alhaji Aliko Dangote-Founder Dangote Group.
2.Mike Adenuga-Conoil,Equatorial trust bank,Globacom.
3.Femi otedola-Zenon oil and gas.
4.Orji Uzor kalu-Slok group.
5.Cosmos Maduka-coscharis group.
6.Jimoh Ibrahim-Nicon Insurance,Global Flee.
7.Jim Ovia-Zenith Bank,Visafone.
8.Pascal Dozie-Mtn Nigeria,Diamond Bank.
9.Oba otudeko-Honeywell Group,Nigeria.
10.Alhaji Sayyu Dantata-MRS Group.
11.Umaru Abdul Muttalab-Former Chairman First Bank Plc,Muttalab Group.
12.Prince Samuel Adedoyin-Doyin group.
13.Dele Fajemirokun-Chairman Aiico Insurance,Xerox Nigeria,Chicken Republic,kings Guards,etc.
14.Chief Cletus Ibeto-Ibeto group.
15.Raymond Dokpesi- Daar Communications,Ait.
16.Tony Ezenna-Orange Group.
17.Chief Molade okoya thomas-chairman CFAO,six other french companies.
18.Ifeanyi Ubah-Capital oil and gas.
19.Leo Stan Ekeh-Zinox Computers.
20.Fola Adeola-GTbank.
21.Chief Ade Ojo-Elizade Motors nig,distributor of toyota cars.Source FORBES
Re: Dangote,Adenuga,Otedola,18 Others Make Forbes List. by obitwo: 5:22pm On Sep 14, 2013
Nine out of twenty one is 42.8%
Re: Dangote,Adenuga,Otedola,18 Others Make Forbes List. by Francis5: 5:33pm On Sep 14, 2013
7 out of 21 (33.33 %) , not bad at all for a people given only 20 pounds to restart life, 40 or so years ago.

The strength of Igbo people lies more in a better distributed wealth than one/few individual accummulating all the wealth while the majority languish in poverty. That is the reason poverty is less among the Igbos than other Nigerians, regardless of wherever they reside in Nigeria.

We need a list of up to 100; I am sure 50 will be Igbos.

9 out of 21 not so great for a people who hijacked everything during the civil war, stole Igbo money and shared all of Nigeria's patrimony to themselves.

3 out of 21, very poor for a people who have ruled Nigeria for donkeys years and who forcefully own 80% of oil wells not found in their natural lands

2 only for Niger Delta? Where are the Ibrus, etc

BTW Otedola and Jomoh should be off the list. Their wealth is 100% Bank loan

Where is IBB OBJ, etc? Abi looted money no dey enter Forbes list? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dangote,Adenuga,Otedola,18 Others Make Forbes List. by bloggernaija: 7:02pm On Sep 14, 2013
Obateru is not there
Bola shagaya who has been pulling dollar(oil) out of the ground for ages
What of That hairdresser .
Emeka offor.
OKoya Thomas (owns half of the Lagos real estate) .exaggeration
Atiku

What is orji kalu doing there?
Re: Dangote,Adenuga,Otedola,18 Others Make Forbes List. by bloggernaija: 7:03pm On Sep 14, 2013
Francis-1:
7 out of 21 (33.33 %) , not bad at all for a people given only 20 pounds to restart life, 40 or so years ago.

The strength of Igbo people lies more in a better distributed wealth than one/few individual accummulating all the wealth while the majority languish in poverty. That is the reason poverty is less among the Igbos than other Nigerians, regardless of wherever they reside in Nigeria.

We need a list of up to 100; I am sure 50 will be Igbos.

9 out of 21 not so great for a people who hijacked everything during the civil war, stole Igbo money and shared all of Nigeria's patrimony to themselves.

3 out of 21, very poor for a people who have ruled Nigeria for donkeys years and who forcefully own 80% of oil wells not found in their natural lands

2 only for Niger Delta? Where are the Ibrus, etc

BTW Otedola and Jomoh should be off the list. Their wealth is 100% Bank loan

Where is IBB OBJ, etc? Abi looted money no dey enter Forbes list? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Stop that 20 naira nonsense.
When you have a sample of over 20 million people,
There will always be a few extremely rich individual after a few years
Re: Dangote,Adenuga,Otedola,18 Others Make Forbes List. by kenbee(f): 9:35pm On Sep 14, 2013
my prayer is that in no distance time, i and 5 other nairalanders shall appear in this list.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote,Adenuga,Otedola,18 Others Make Forbes List. by Realdeals(m): 10:25pm On Sep 14, 2013
Nigeria - Good people, Great Nation

1 Like

Re: Dangote,Adenuga,Otedola,18 Others Make Forbes List. by badmrkt(m): 10:57pm On Sep 14, 2013
Where is ma father, Sir Daniel Chukwudozie of Dozzy Group?
Re: Dangote,Adenuga,Otedola,18 Others Make Forbes List. by JMOI: 11:05pm On Sep 14, 2013
Where are OBJ, IBB, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Buhari, Atiku, Peter Odili, Goodluck Jonathan, Diezani Alison-Madueke and co? Obj and IBB are much richer than Dangote. Dangote is just fronting for them. They are the real owners of the Dangote Group (and many other companies in Nigeria), but they don't want to associate with it in public to avoid scrutiny.
Re: Dangote,Adenuga,Otedola,18 Others Make Forbes List. by Kanwulia: 11:13pm On Sep 14, 2013
Yet no road to their villages!
Still dependent on GENERATORS!

AWON Tuwo, Nkwobi, GBEGERI and Egusi soup ARISTOCRATS!!!!

Mtcheeeew!!!!!!
Re: Dangote,Adenuga,Otedola,18 Others Make Forbes List. by Horus(m): 11:15pm On Sep 14, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZlsQF3Q_2c

[size=15pt]Folorunsho Alakija Becomes World's Richest Black Woman[/size]

According to Ventures Africa, an African business magazine and news service, the richest black woman in the world is NO LONGER Oprah Wilfrey but Nigerian Billionaire oil tycoon Folorunsho Alakija. The report suggests that the 61 year-old owner/founder of Famfa oil is worth at least $3.3 billion, $500 million richer than media mogul Oprah Winfrey whose wealth Forbes magazine estimated at $2.7 billion in September. Infact, Alakija's claim in a $10.74 billion oil well is worth $6.44 billion. But the report subtracts 50% of the $6.44 billion (in a worse case scenario) since it is unknown whether or not the company has any long-term or short-term debt. In essence, If Famfa oil is debt free, Mrs Alakija will undisputedly be the world's richest black woman with $6.4 billion dollars. She is also reported to have a real estate portfolio running into hundreds of millions.It was reported earlier this year that she acquired a property at Hyde Park in London for $102 million. She also owns a Bombardier Global Express 6000 jet which she bought earlier this year for a reported $46 million.
Re: Dangote,Adenuga,Otedola,18 Others Make Forbes List. by delpee(f): 11:42pm On Sep 14, 2013
I wish most rich women can be as humble, generous and easy going as Folorunsho Alakija.

1 Like

Re: Dangote,Adenuga,Otedola,18 Others Make Forbes List. by Nobody: 12:18am On Sep 15, 2013
Stop misusing the esteemed and prestigious name of Forbes to propagate lies.

This is just a random beer parlour list, not a Forbes' list.
Re: Dangote,Adenuga,Otedola,18 Others Make Forbes List. by UyiIredia(m): 12:34am On Sep 15, 2013
kenbee: my prayer is that in no distance time, i and 5 other nairalanders shall appear in this list.

Liked. God bless u for that prayer !
Re: Dangote,Adenuga,Otedola,18 Others Make Forbes List. by IGBOSON1: 12:38am On Sep 15, 2013
JMOI: Where are OBJ, IBB, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Buhari, Atiku, Peter Odili, Goodluck Jonathan, Diezani Alison-Madueke and co? Obj and IBB are much richer than Dangote. Dangote is just fronting for them. They are the real owners of the Dangote Group (and many other companies in Nigeria), but they don't want to associate with it in public to avoid scrutiny.

^^^I believe they have a stake in his business; how much is what we can only speculate on. You saw the way OBJ favoured Dangote against Ibeto during his rule; thankfully Yar'Adua granted Ibeto his fair due when he got a favourable decision in court.

Also, i believe IBB has a stake in Glo and Dokpesis DAAR Group.

It's mindboggling how Orji Uzor Kalu is in the top 10! shocked You don't hear of him and his SLOK group the way you hear of the others on the list, and i still don't know much about his empire besides the airline.......but i understand he has a big presence in the Gambia. He's another one that OBJ frustrated out of business in Nigeria (his dead airline in Nigeria is a sad testament to this), and maybe this is why he spread his business to other countries. If there had been a level playing field, and he had been allowed to conduct his business and take advantage of the opportunities others were given, i'm sure he may have come up 2nd or 3rd even!
Re: Dangote,Adenuga,Otedola,18 Others Make Forbes List. by kennyslim1(m): 3:39am On Sep 15, 2013
one day...i shall be on this list smiley

(1) (Reply)

If Woman Becomes President Or Governor In Nigeria, Her Husband Will Be What??? / List Of 184 Federal Roads Projects On-going Under GEJ Before Handover to PMB / Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.