Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,966 members, 7,814,260 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' (2846 Views)

Senators Pray over Saraki's Victory At The CCT (Photos) / Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) / Throwback Pictures Of Tinubu At The CCT Trials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by midolian(m): 8:24am On Feb 28, 2016
Well, I just saw this tweet by Sahara Reporters and I hope its not true...because if true, its more than a mockery of the Nigerian Judiciary.. angry angry

Lalasticlala

Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by funnynation(m): 8:30am On Feb 28, 2016
Nothing will happen to you nah.. They wan kill u b4? You may only lose or loose ur political post..

Nairaland official comedian

1 Like

Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by joseph1832(m): 8:34am On Feb 28, 2016
midolian:
Well, I just saw this tweet by Sahara Reporters and I hope its not true...because if true, its more than a mockery of the Nigerian Judiciary.. angry angry

Only time will tell if something will happen to him. I bet Rev. King also thought nothing will happen to him.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by midolian(m): 8:35am On Feb 28, 2016
joseph1832:
Only time will tell if something will happen to him. I bet Rev. King also thought nothing will happen to him.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by bettercreature(m): 8:37am On Feb 28, 2016
It's true anyway,if Wike could win at the supreme court anything else is possible

5 Likes

Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by mynd1(f): 8:38am On Feb 28, 2016
I don't think he will ever say so and if he does,then he is d biggest foool on earth.

4 Likes

Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by Bashirfuntua(m): 8:39am On Feb 28, 2016
you will be chilling with DNSUKI

1 Like

Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by Jirate(m): 8:39am On Feb 28, 2016
It was obviously arranged at the VP's Office last week…..

1 Like

Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by greatiyk4u(m): 8:40am On Feb 28, 2016
If nothing happens to you then the change many of us have been dying for is a complete SCAM!!!!!

Saraki can't go Scot free unless Buhari is no longer interested in continuity of his tenure.

4 Likes

Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by Owoloku1: 8:44am On Feb 28, 2016
Nothing might happen to you physically or financially...but your political integrity and the the respect the common man has for you may not survive the trials
Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by labamo07(m): 8:54am On Feb 28, 2016
That's a glimpse of the outcome of the meeting held at the V.P Osinbajo's office...............
Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by doctokwus: 8:59am On Feb 28, 2016
This is what I think is his gameplan:
He knows the CCT wud surely convict him. As soon as that happens,his lawyers file an appeal and stay of execution till the appeal is heard.
Appeal wud take at least 6-8 months to be disposed of,taking him to 2017.
CCT verdict likely upheld,he files another appeal at the SC,with further stay of execution.The SC may fix hearing for it for another 6mths,taking Saraki into 2018.After hearing lawyers to both sides, SC takes another 3 months to give judgement,late 2018,by then the 8th or whatever assembly would be winding down.
That's his calculated game plan and unless the FG is proactive and serious about this anti-corruption fight,I am so pained to admit that Saraki with all his garbage wud remain the no.3 man during this tenure.
It will then bring up a very salient question that will cast doubt on the political dexterity and avowed anti-corruption fight of PMB,that if former Senate Presidents like okadigbo and Wabara with far lesser crimes and in the same party as the then incumbent president cud be forced to vacate their seats,how cud a Saraki with crimes that smell from kwara-lagos-abuja,spanning banking,property,national assembly and goverment establishments still occupy the seat for as long as he wants?
PMB may not have the baggage of OBJ,but he seems to lack his decisiveness in dealing with issues like this.
I just hope and pray for PMB's sake, Saraki does not escape swift justice.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by anigbajumo(m): 9:03am On Feb 28, 2016
people dnt get the tactics behind it,why??

Why is saraki held meeting with Tinubu and co in VP office last week??

A week after the meeting, saraki knws the situation of the country and yet he bought a ride worth of over 330 million, hw will a person facing corruption trial do this?? Coz he knows that his case has already been sealed and settled.....

If saraki found guilty after the judgement make I bend, even thou am not happy coz saraki is a face of corruption,but it has already been sealed last week...

1 Like

Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by Alexbond(m): 9:10am On Feb 28, 2016
Lawless Nigeria. Laws and Prisons are might for the powerless and poor.
Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by midolian(m): 9:29am On Feb 28, 2016
bettercreature:
It's true anyway,if Wike could win at the supreme court anything else is possible
it will be easier for a donkey to pass through the eye of a needle than Saraki to pass through this CCT trial without getting nailed #QuoteMeAnywhere

4 Likes

Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 28, 2016
Before nko? The case would drag on till 2019 before been thrown out by the supreme court!! Saraki/Ekweremadu till 2019!! Nothing de happen!! Carry on my able senate president,Tinubu can continue with his heart attack.

No matter what Injustice Danladi Umar of the CCT rules,his judgement will be as useless as the judgement of the Rivers state electoral tribunal

2 Likes

Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 28, 2016
midolian:
it will be easier for a donkey to pass through the eye of a needle than Saraki to pass through this CCT trial without getting nailed #QuoteMeAnywhere

That was how you folks were masturbating last September that he was going to be removed finally what has happened.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 28, 2016
doctokwus:
He knows the CCT wud surely convict him. As soon as that happens,his lawyers file an appeal and stay of execution till the appeal is heard.
CCT verdict likely upheld,he files another appeal at the SC,with further stay of execution.The SC may fix hearing for it for another 6mths,taking Saraki into 2018.After hearing lawyers to both sides, SC takes another 3 months to give judgement,late 2018,by then the 8th or whatever assembly would be winding down.
That's his calculated game plan and unless the FG is proactive and serious about this anti-corruption fight,I am so pained to admit that Saraki with all his garbage wud remain the no.3 man during this tenure.
It will then bring up a very salient question that will cast doubt on the political dexterity and avowed anti-corruption fight of PMB,that if former Senate Presidents like okadigbo and Wabara with far lesser crimes and in the same party as the then incumbent president cud be forced to vacate their seats,how cud a Saraki with crimes that smell from kwara-lagos-abuja,spanning banking,property,national assembly and goverment establishments still occupy the seat for as long as he wants?
PMB may not have the baggage of OBJ,but he seems to lack his decisiveness in dealing with issues like this.

Okadigbo and co were removed through impeachment,that however is not applicable here as the APC lacks the required numbers to achieve that.It would be far more difficult trying to remove him by the courts.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by tomakint: 9:42am On Feb 28, 2016
Don't worry Mr Saraki your eyes go soon clear..... Just 11 days from now cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by midolian(m): 9:44am On Feb 28, 2016
chukwudi44:

That was how you folks were masturbating last September that he was going to be removed finally what has happened.
Pa chukwudi, calm down. Its only a matter of time grin
Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by tomakint: 9:52am On Feb 28, 2016
doctokwus:
Worry not my bro, even though we do not share the same political line of thoughts, let me indulge you.....the moment Saraki is convicted by the CCT come March 10, he cannot preside over the Senate again, how? The pressure to resign his post so as to answer for his court case will be too much both from within (The Senate) and without (especially from his homefront, Kwara) will be too much to be resisted......trust me Saraki is a goner, as per the gap in dates of judgment that you quoted I don't see how that will play out as everything will be fast tracked so that this high profile case be dusted and cleared. I can assure you that if convicted on March 10, Saraki will cease to preside over the Senate. Watch out

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by tomakint: 10:07am On Feb 28, 2016
Jirate:
It was obviously arranged at the VP's Office last week…..
God forbid bad thing.....that was never discussed at the VP's office.....we are talking about a high profile criminal case that is already before the spotlight of the world. The padding of the budget (a national embarrassment) was the major issue discussed since it was between the Executive and the Legislature...... You wondered why Buhari arranged the meeting during his own absence - he is tired of holding a parley with that corrupt Saraki. Smell the coffee bro, Saraki is toast already.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by doctokwus: 10:12am On Feb 28, 2016
tomakint:

Worry not my bro, even though we do not share the same political line of thoughts, let me indulge you.....the moment Saraki is convicted by the CCT come March 10, he cannot preside over the Senate again, how? The pressure to resign his post so as to answer for his court case will be too much both from within (The Senate) and without (especially from his homefront, Kwara) will be too much to be resisted......trust me Saraki is a goner, as per the gap in dates of judgment that you quoted I don't see how that will play out as everything will be fast tracked so that this high profile case be dusted and cleared. I can assure you that if convicted on March 10, Saraki will cease to preside over the Senate. Watch out
We can always agree to disagree.I also welcome mature comments,no matter the side of the political divide one is on.I am happy on this we both agree on d final goal.
But my broda,eventhough i may have stretched the timeliness,i still feel it's the stay of execution thing that is Saraki's joker,because I don't see where else his confidence comes from.
It cannot be from his meeting with the VP because that will be political suicide on the part of an osinbajo with still little political base.
It definitely cannot be from the CCT chair who he tried ridiculing.
Where else,if not his banking on twisting the court processes thru stay?When u figure in the fact that PMB seems to take too long a time to take decisions,you get to understand my fears.PMB may decide the whole court process plays out,than bundling Saraki out and carrying out a CCT judgement before appeal hearing.
I wish someone can just give me a guarantee that before March ending,saraki wud be a goner because everyday he seats on that chair as sp,he affronts our senses.
Right from the incalculable havoc him and his father wrought on Societe general bank and the lives of several thousand account holders, to his daylight raiding of the vault of the kwara state treasury and his forgery of documents at the assembly,the man has committed all the offences known to man.Yet he seats not just as a senator, but our number 3!
So can u give me an assurance that by next month Saraki wud have left that seat to prison?
It's d only news that wud make any sense to troubled souls,from Societe account holders to pensioners in kwara and the Nigerian state right now.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by midolian(m): 10:20am On Feb 28, 2016
doctokwus:

We can always agree to disagree.I also welcome mature comments,no matter the side of the political divide one is on.I am happy on this we both agree on d final goal.
But my broda,eventhough i may have stretched the timeliness,i still feel it's the stay of execution thing that is Saraki's joker,because I don't see where else his confidence comes from.
It cannot be from his meeting from the VP because that will be political suicide on the part of an osinbajo with still little political base.
It definitely cannot be from the CCT.
Where else,if not his banking on twisting the court processes thru stay.When u figure in the fact that PMB seems to take too long a time to take decisions,you get to understand my fears.
I wish someone can just give me a guarantee that before March ending,saraki wud be a goner because everyday he seats on that chair as sp,he affronts our senses.
Right from the incalculable havoc him and his father wrought on Societe general bank to his daylight raiding of the vault of the kwara state treasury and his forgery of documents at the assembly,the man has committed all the offences known to man.Yet he seats not just as a senator, but our number 3.
So can u give me an assurance that by next month Saraki wud have left that seat to prison?
It's d only news that wud make any sense to troubled souls from Societe account holders to pensioners in kwara and the Nigerian state right now.
Saraki's confidence comes from the Sycophant "men of God" in his state. These men forget God is not a politician

5 Likes

Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by bettercreature(m): 10:21am On Feb 28, 2016
midolian:
I took the screenshot of your quote,let's wait then see,Nothing will happen all they want is to put Sarakis arsss on the news and they have already achieved that
Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by doctokwus: 10:24am On Feb 28, 2016
doctokwus:

It cannot be from his meeting with the VP because that will be political suicide on the part of an osinbajo with still little political base.
Where else,if not his banking on twisting the court processes thru stay?When u figure in the fact that PMB seems to take too long a time to take decisions,you get to understand my fears.PMB may decide the whole court process plays out,than bundling Saraki out and carrying out a CCT judgement before appeal hearing.
Right from the incalculable havoc him and his father wrought on Societe general bank and the lives of several thousand account holders, to his daylight raiding of the vault of the kwara state treasury and his forgery of documents at the assembly,the man has committed all the offences known to man.Yet he seats not just as a senator, but our number 3!
It's d only news that wud make any sense to troubled souls,from Societe account holders to pensioners in kwara and the Nigerian state right now.
Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by tomakint: 10:30am On Feb 28, 2016
doctokwus:

Where else,if not his banking on twisting the court processes thru stay?When u figure in the fact that PMB seems to take too long a time to take decisions,you get to understand my fears.
Good observations you raised there on the stay of execution I don't see him enjoying that loophole in our judiciary again....you must agree with me the voices of great legal luminaries and elderstatesmen who adviced him to bow out long before now......what is about to happen to Saraki is this....after the conviction by CCT, incriminating documents concerning his shady deals will be circulated all around, the Marafa group in the Senate will heat up the Senate calling for his "stepping down" and followed by influential Nigerians.... I am sure you already know that Buhari is now at loggerheads with him concerning the "padded budget" as being revealed by Sen. Marafa that some fifth columnists acting on the tutelage of the Senate Leadership were responsible for the doctoring of the budget (which is the most embarrassing thing to have happened to this government). Bro, worry not, Saraki is toast already.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 28, 2016
midolian:
Pa chukwudi, calm down. Its only a matter of time grin

Time is your greatest enemy!! You only have from now till 2019
Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by midolian(m): 11:02am On Feb 28, 2016
chukwudi44:

Time is your greatest enemy!! You only have from now till 2019
The time is not far..I ll mention you when it comes
Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by funlord(m): 11:48am On Feb 28, 2016
angry

Looks like a "made in aba tweet"!!!
Re: Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' by funlord(m): 11:48am On Feb 28, 2016
angry

Why the multiple posts?
angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Big Shame To The Nigeria DSS. / Nigerian Twitter User Claims Pres. Buhari Is In A Coma / Ndi Anambra, Come In Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.