Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Thq Claims Ps3 Has Potential For Better Graphics Than Xbox 360 : - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Thq Claims Ps3 Has Potential For Better Graphics Than Xbox 360 : (1698 Views)

Cancelled Avengers Game Footage From THQ Leaks / Iphone 4 Has Better Graphics Than The Psp / Ps3's Ram And Rsx Explained: (ps3 Potential) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thq Claims Ps3 Has Potential For Better Graphics Than Xbox 360 : by vowiski(m): 10:37pm On Jun 19, 2008
As some of you may know, THQ is holding their annual gamer's day event in San Francisco, California and this has resulted in a great quote for PlayStation 3 users worldwide.  According to Jeff Carroll, Associate Producer of upcoming title Red Faction: Guerilla for the PS3, went ahead and let people know that the PS3 is capable of better graphics than its counterpart the XBOX 360.

When asked if the PS3 was capable of achieving better graphics, he responded with "I think potentially you will. I think early on people are going to be struggling to figure out exactly how to make the PS3 work. But I think once they do, they will see it's a very powerful system underneath."He also went on to add that Red Faction is definitely going to be pushing the processing power and memory power of the PS3.

All of this sounds great to the reader but we'll have to decide for ourselves once we get to see the game in action to see if his words are warranted or not.  As more develops from the Red Faction camp we'll be sure to keep you posted.

Click here for more
Re: Thq Claims Ps3 Has Potential For Better Graphics Than Xbox 360 : by lungwun(m): 1:35pm On Jun 25, 2008
i'd like to place the emphasis on 'potential'
hey the ps3, to the best of my knowledge is a far superior machine that the
360. so i do not see the reason why we argue over which is better.
My annoyance with the ps3 is why it has it not blown the 360 out of the water
with its blu ray, wi fi, motion sensing pads, hdmi output. and i finally got the
answer.
the ps3 is for the guy that says 'hey i've got a big games console that can do it all,
but i do not have a wide range of exclusives (and grade AAA) games to make it hot
but having all those specs makes me feel good'
i feel sony should get thier asses back to the drawing board and give true gamers
what they want. which is good games.
fortunately, microsoft does just that.
sony might get a huge sales boost in this period because of MGS4 but come october/november,
it'll be the 360's turn.
i just feel sony can do better than this offering.
hey they are the same guys that gave us the ps2 and they should not base the future of thier machine on
technical specs.
take the Wii, why has it sold so much? because nintendo retraced thier roots and remembered
that games are all about fun not teraflops per second.
Re: Thq Claims Ps3 Has Potential For Better Graphics Than Xbox 360 : by malikalhaj: 3:46pm On Jun 25, 2008
i agree with lungwun, specwise the ps3 is better than the 360 but right now the 360 is better cos it has more games and also i really can't notice the difference in graphix and a big plus is that the 360 is cheaper than ps3.
So 4 now the 360 rules
Re: Thq Claims Ps3 Has Potential For Better Graphics Than Xbox 360 : by texazzpete(m): 5:43pm On Jun 25, 2008
malikalhaj:

i agree with lungwun, specwise the ps3 is better than the 360 but right now the 360 is better because it has more games and also i really can't notice the difference in graphix and a big plus is that the 360 is cheaper than ps3.
So 4 now the 360 rules

The PS3 is better in claimed specs.
In real world performance as of date, the Xbox 360 is doing a better job of pumping out hi-def games at a better framerate.

The two consoles provide a similar level of performance at this stage.

it depends on what you want. If you need a cheap Blu-ray player, get the PS3.
Another pro on the side of the PS3 is that all the games are region free, so you don't ever have to worry about PAL or NTSC versions.

Apart from that, there's not much difference if you get any of the two.
Re: Thq Claims Ps3 Has Potential For Better Graphics Than Xbox 360 : by kosovo(m): 8:08am On Jun 26, 2008
malikalhaj:

i agree with lungwun, specwise the ps3 is better than the 360 but right now the 360 is better because it has more games and also i really can't notice the difference in graphix and a big plus is that the 360 is cheaper than ps3.
So 4 now the 360 rules
having the three arent a problem either thats why i got the three.
but my PS3 is of high esteem over the others.
yea thats right.
kept you wating huh? lol

(1) (Reply)

World Cyber Mobile Games / Red Dead Redemption 2 Full Story Explained: A Quick Diary Of The Masterpiece / Clearance Sales- Game Center Stuffs- SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.