Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox (12504 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Yooguyz: 9:13pm On Sep 14, 2013
I opened this thread specifically for people who have questions to ask about homosexuality and for gay christians to express themselves freely without any fear of insults from "christians". And yes for homophobes who want to come out, this thread is the right thread for you.
Now note that our ( NL LGBT) understanding and interpretation of homosexuality may vary. Its important you ask questions to clarify issues. But the beauty of the thread is that anyone and everyone is free to express themselves whether from a far left-wing point of view or from the far right or inbetween. You're all welcome.
Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Candour(m): 9:16pm On Sep 14, 2013
@yooguyz, are you actually gay?
Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 14, 2013
Mods, this thread should be closed. It is meant to mock and provoke christains. There is no such thing as gay christains.

2 Likes

Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Caracta(f): 9:25pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ooops! shocked shocked shocked

I hope Nairaland witches and native doctors won't open a chat thread too grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Yooguyz: 9:28pm On Sep 14, 2013
Candour: @yooguyz, are you actually gay?
what is your understanding of the word "gay"? I have to ask to avoid any misconception that may arise from my answer.
Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Candour(m): 9:29pm On Sep 14, 2013
I think Its even illegal to open a parallel chatbox for whatever group of Christians considering what happened to the deeper life chatbox that was forcibly closed recently

Mods, if you closed Deeperlife chatbox, its only fair this one too should be closed unless there are different laws for different people on nairaland.
Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Yooguyz: 9:32pm On Sep 14, 2013
Reyginus: Mods, this thread should be closed. It is meant to mock and provoke christains. There is no such thing as gay christains.
before you jump into silly conclusions, why don't you do yourself the honour of asking questions?
Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by ChristKid1: 9:36pm On Sep 14, 2013
Yooguyz:
what is your understanding of the word "gay"? I have to ask to avoid any misconception that may arise from my answer.

Gay as in, are you homosexual?
Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Yooguyz: 10:05pm On Sep 14, 2013
Chris†Kid:

Gay as in, are you homosexual?
lemme clarify somethings, homosexuality is an orientation, something beyond one's control you didn't choose to be that way, its just like you didn't choose to be attracted to women its something that comes impulsely. Its just like i didn't choose to be attracted to both men and women, i found myself that way.
When one is gay, he chooses to be identified with the gaylifestyle, you talk about sex, you talk about labels. Well am not gay.
I know you may find the above hard to understand, i myself i still find it hard to comprehend. As a born-again, spirit-filled christian and also a pastor, i know all what the bible says about same-sex activities. I tell you after years of fasting, prayers, inner-conflict at a time i was thinking of suicide. I had to admit that my "weakness" would not go away, i had to reach the conclusion above in order to make peace with my self and still make heaven.

2 Likes

Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Yooguyz: 10:13pm On Sep 14, 2013
Reyginus: Mods, this thread should be closed. It is meant to mock and provoke christains. There is no such thing as gay christains.
wow! The non-christian chatbox that has been mocking and provoking christians should not be closed. But when you've seen the word "gay" it's now you remember threads that are offensive to christians. How hypocritical of your choices!

3 Likes

Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 14, 2013
Nothing hypocritical here. If thats your point, then make it the "non christian gay chatbox". That should do.
Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 14, 2013
The thread hasn't started, and it's already derailed.

I'll still be watching though...and probably commenting.

1 Like

Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by HezronLorraine(m): 10:42pm On Sep 14, 2013
Yooguyz.Thanks so much for opening this thread.

I think we really need to help some brothers and sisters get their faith back.its gradual.but I do hope to touch someone's life.you guys are out there,you don't have to be at conflict with yourselves again.you don't have to out yourself.I'll share a lot on this thread,from personal history to living a beautiful life without the boundaries of religion and remaining faithful to God.

1 Like

Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Yooguyz: 10:53pm On Sep 14, 2013
idnoble135: Nothing hypocritical here. If thats your point, then make it the "non christian gay chatbox". That should do.
don't get me wrong, i didn't open the thread to mock the christian faith. In real life i pastor a 3000+ congregation, and its also a real life issue am facing. Going by my understanding of the word "gay". I know its not possible. But i want a platform where people of orientation and religion like me can drop their baggage. And also for religious people to ask questions. The internet is the best place to do that, cos you are anonymous, knowing fully well that you risk loosing a lot if you come out in real life. Sharing those things on the inside makes me relieved. More of your questions are welcome

2 Likes

Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Yooguyz: 10:58pm On Sep 14, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Yooguyz.Thanks so much for opening this thread.

I think we really need to help some brothers and sisters get their faith back.its gradual.but I do hope to touch someone's life.you guys are out there,you don't have to be at conflict with yourselves again.you don't have to out yourself.I'll share a lot on this thread,from personal history to living a beautiful life without the boundaries of religion and remaining faithful to God.
ya
Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 14, 2013
idnoble135:

I'm not judging anyone but i strongly oppose including the word "christian" up there.

Why?
Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 14, 2013
masonkz:

Why?
Hum.... I think its best to reply you with a question. Still interested?
Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 14, 2013
idnoble135:
Hum.... I think its best to reply you with a question. Still interested?

Still interested in what? I asked why you strongly oppose to associating the word "Christian" to gays.
Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Yooguyz: 11:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
@Hezron and Masonkz,
seeing you guys in my thread makes me feel happy. I appreciate your presence here, you are highly welcome.

2 Likes

Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 14, 2013
masonkz:

Still interested in what? I asked why you strongly oppose to associating the word "Christian" to gays.
I said i'd prefer to answer your question with a question. Do i go on?
Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 14, 2013
idnoble135: I said i'd prefer to answer your question with a question. Do i go on?

Feel free, and also expect me to answer you with a question too. Since that's how you'll like it smiley
Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by HezronLorraine(m): 11:16pm On Sep 14, 2013
Yooguyz: @Hezron and Masonkz,
seeing you guys in my thread makes me feel happy. I appreciate your presence here, you are highly welcome.
you are much appreciated for making the move at creating this thread.
Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Yooguyz: 11:16pm On Sep 14, 2013
idnoble135:
1. I never said you mocked the Christian faith.
2. I never did ask about the real life. I just shake my head for the "3000" flock in your care.
3. Since you are a "pastor", my questions is, i'd like to know the stance of the bible on this.
I'm not judging anyone but i strongly oppose including the word "christian" up there.
i know fully well what the bible says about homosexuality. I know all the parts of the scripture you are about to quote, write now as am typing to you i percieve in my spirit that you have a wrong notion that someone can be converted into homosexuality. Well you homosexual attraction is an Orientation and not a choice. It can't be learn't. Now stop reading ulterior motives into my posts.

1 Like

Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 14, 2013
Yooguyz:
i know fully well what the bible says about homosexuality. I know all the parts of the scripture you are about to quote, write now as am typing to you i percieve in my spirit that you have a wrong notion that someone can be converted into homosexuality. Well you homosexual attraction is an Orientation and not a choice. It can't be learn't. Now stop reading ulterior motives into my posts.
Wow! So you can still perceive? With this posts?
Okkk...
You dont know the scripture i want to give out. Better still you CANT know them. You can only guess.
Why must you include a name that identifies with Christ up there?
Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 14, 2013
idnoble135:
I have no problem with it bearing another name.
Since you insist to title it the "christian gay chat box", i would love to know where the Scriptures approve of it.

That your Scriptures didn't coin the word "Christian widows", or "Christian footballers", etc doesn't mean they shouldn't be recognised.

You still haven't given me a reason.
Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 14, 2013
Personally I don't feel you can be gay and identify as a christian, christianity is a religion that does not accept gays. There is no way u can twist it,it just doesn't have room for gays. But u can be gay and still have a good relationship with jesus,because u don't have to be called a christian to do that. Serve God the best way u can,do good and be the best u can be but u can not expect christians to accept u cs according to the holy book its a sin. Christians don't want u but that doesn't mean God don't, God is who ever u want him to be.
He is my bread when I'm hungry,my shelter from the wind,he is my anchor in life's deep ocean but most of all he is my best friend.

5 Likes

Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Yooguyz: 11:31pm On Sep 14, 2013
Hettymoore: Personally I don't feel you can be gay and identify as a christian, christianity is a religion that does not accept gays. There is no way u can twist it,it just doesn't have room for gays. But u can be gay and still have a good relationship with jesus,because u don't have to be called a christian to do that. Serve God the best way u can,do good and be the best u can be but u can not expect christians to accept u cs according to the holy book its a sin. Christians don't want u but that doesn't mean God don't, God is who ever u want him to be.
He is my bread when I'm hungry,my shelter from the wind,he is my anchor in life's deep ocean but most of all he is my best friend.
those are one of the most nicest words i have ever read
Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 14, 2013
Anyway, the behaviour of Christians in the church is one of the reasons I had to take a step back and go into some kind of "inward searching" within me. It's amazing how they can be saints at one point and beasts at the next.
Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Yooguyz: 11:40pm On Sep 14, 2013
idnoble135:
Wow! So you can still perceive? With this posts?
Okkk...
You dont know the scripture i want to give out. Better still you CANT know them. You can only guess.
Why must you include a name that identifies with Christ up there?
i don't care what you think of me! You know what? I justed concluded a 3-day revival last two weeks, people were saved, healed and guess what our hall is now too small for us, we bursted. When you or anyone in Nl thinks of me doesn't bother me one. What matters is wat Jesus thinks of me, i love and i try to live a holy life. And even if it hurts you, he still us me to heal the sick and see visions. Yes! He still speaks to me and use me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Private Jet Is A Necessity And Not A Luxury - Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor / Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye / THE RED SEA CROSSING. Did It Really Happen? [See pictures]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.