Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Is NAFDAC Still Active? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is NAFDAC Still Active? (5588 Views)

National Grazing Bill Still Active In National Assembly - Vanguard / Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order / Mum Used Unexploded Bomb As Vase For 30 Years Not Realising It Was Still Active (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is NAFDAC Still Active? by mekaboy(m): 12:51am On Sep 15, 2013
Ever since dora akunyili left NAFDAC, I don't hear or read much news about fake drugs seized and burnt . Neither do I hear that NAFDAC labs were burnt by unknown people.

That's the kind of news I heard when Dora was in charge, have the relaxed ?

2 Likes

Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by Nobody: 3:17am On Sep 15, 2013
Yes!!!!!

It is still Actively Inactive.

1 Like

Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by Nobody: 3:49am On Sep 15, 2013
Just like they killed efcc
Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by marvelling(m): 5:29am On Sep 15, 2013
Nafdac is actually alive and well. Many people think the function of nafdac is just to get rid of fake drugs, they are not really known for checkmating the excesses of the food & beverage industry in nigeria. I'd say nafdac is doing a good job under the present administration in comparison with SON which we never hear anything about.

1 Like

Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by onomeasike: 8:34am On Sep 15, 2013
What do you expect in term of performance when you have a vulcanicer in a Carpenter's workshop. By the time the ministry of doctors kill everything before we all wake up!

5 Likes

Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by mekaboy(m): 10:42am On Sep 15, 2013
marvelling: Nafdac is actually alive and well. Many people think the function of nafdac is just to get rid of fake drugs, they are not really known for checkmating the excesses of the food & beverage industry in nigeria. I'd say nafdac is doing a good job under the present administration in comparison with SON which we never hear anything about.

If u say so, jst that I have not heard of any arrests of fake drug dealers or those importing contraband food and beverages.

May be Nigerians have repented.

1 Like

Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by mcevans1(m): 10:43am On Sep 15, 2013
Its still active wink
Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by NellyGhenghen(m): 10:54am On Sep 15, 2013
Since dora akunyili left, corruption made its way into the system, thats why you don't hear much about them any more. same with ribadu and the efcc.

4 Likes

Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by samseen02(m): 10:54am On Sep 15, 2013
mekaboy: Ever since dora akunyili left NAFDAC, I don't hear or read much news about fake drugs seized and burnt . Neither do I hear that NAFDAC labs were burnt by unknown people.

That's the kind of news I heard when Dora was in charge, have the relaxed ?
IF U ASK ME NA WHO I ASK
Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by sizzlers(m): 10:56am On Sep 15, 2013
Itz dead
Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by PHIPEX(m): 11:00am On Sep 15, 2013
marvelling: Nafdac is actually alive and well. Many people think the function of nafdac is just to get rid of fake drugs, they are not really known for checkmating the excesses of the food & beverage industry in nigeria. I'd say nafdac is doing a good job under the present administration in comparison with SON which we never hear anything about.

Sounds like the logic they used to kill EFCC after Ribadu, they told us the fight against corruption is not all about making noise but that they are working behind the scene, today EFCC is dead waiting burial. I never knew about NAFDAC (except in secondary school textbook) until Dora came, since she left it seems NAFDAC has returned to its default position when it was established decades ago. The only good news I have heard from NAFDAC in about 5years now is that I can test the originality of a drug on mobile phone. NAFDAC IS IN COMA.

6 Likes

Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 15, 2013
NAFDAC is dead and buried, just as EFCC died with Ribadu's exit. I wonder what is stopping President GEJ from appointing Dora the minister of health.

2 Likes

Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by polosky: 11:21am On Sep 15, 2013
Dead and buried!!!
Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by princemolak(m): 11:24am On Sep 15, 2013
Ever since paul orhi came in,we didnt hear anything.sensible again frm nafdac

1 Like

Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by Lilchilz(m): 11:37am On Sep 15, 2013
they aint dead..maybe they also qo un strike shaa!!!!

1 Like

Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by idu1(m): 11:38am On Sep 15, 2013
yes nafdac s dead! daz d handwork of those hot heads call medical doctor.
Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
NAFDAC is still very much alive. Actually, they have and are still improving their processes at the moment. Yes there are not much noise being made theses days. There are no more big arrests cis Dora made faking less attractive to the big guys. She made them find out that it's actually more profitable having your own brands registered and doing the real thing.

Yes there are still pockets of fakers but most are small scale fakers not the like of Marcel.

2 Likes

Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by tellmoon(m): 12:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
onomeasike: What do you expect in term of performance when you have a vulcanicer in a Carpenter's workshop. By the time the ministry of doctors kill everything before we all wake up!

pls go and do ur research. the head of Nafdac is a pharmacist, medical doctor n lawyer. all d certificates obtained @ reputable foreign universities.
google may serve ur need n save u frm perishin frm lack of information. gudluck

1 Like

Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by sage007: 12:23pm On Sep 15, 2013
I believe NAFDAC is not as active as it was under Prof Akunyili, but we should not say this is because a medical doctor cum pharmacologist is d linchpin of the organisation. I strongly perceive that this current lull is because the Oga @ the top in Aso Rock priority is not on how 2 cure Nigeria of its corrupt tendencies but to scheme right from inception of the current term on ways of coming aboard for the 2nd time. Please also bear in mind that we currently have a tribalised Doctor as the Chief pilot of this nation as noting evil can be perpetrated by the people of the East & South-south who are by all standard the major peddlers of the so called fake drugs.

PS: Another motivation for Dora back then in the fight against drug counterfeiting, was that, she lost her sister to complications from adverse reaction to some fake drugs used on her.
Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by joshuapharm(m): 12:23pm On Sep 15, 2013
tellmoon:

pls go and do ur research. the head of Nafdac is a pharmacist, medical doctor n lawyer. all d certificates obtained @ reputable foreign universities.
google may serve ur need n save u frm perishin frm lack of information. gudluck

http://www.nafdac.gov.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=71&..

Pls visit that link.. Orhii is in no way a pharmacist Oga. You people need to stop confusing pharmacology with pharmacy. A pharmacologist doesn't av any knowledge of pharmacy, while a pharmacist has every knowledge of pharmacology. So now, tell me what Orhii is doing on that seat.

1 Like

Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 15, 2013
onomeasike: What do you expect in term of performance when you have a vulcanicer in a Carpenter's workshop. By the time the ministry of doctors kill everything before we all wake up!
Your english alone shows you are the clueless illiterate
Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by PHIPEX(m): 12:32pm On Sep 15, 2013
sage007: I believe NAFDAC is not as active as it was under Prof Akunyili, but we should not say this is because a medical doctor cum pharmacologist is d linchpin of the organisation. I strongly perceive that this current lull is because the Oga @ the top in Aso Rock priority is not on how 2 cure Nigeria of its corrupt tendencies but to scheme right from inception of the current term on ways of coming aboard for the 2nd time. Please also bear in mind that we currently have a tribalised Doctor as the Chief pilot of this nation as noting evil can be perpetrated by the people of the East & South-south who are by all standard the major peddlers of the so called fake drugs.

PS: Another motivation for Dora back then in the fight against drug counterfeiting, was that, she lost her sister to complications from adverse reaction to some fake drugs used on her.

Forget excuses, NAFDAC does not need the permission of the president to make a high profile arrest. If the current Oga at the top of NAFDAC has no motivating factor(based on your assertion) to fight the war against fake drug he shouldn't be there in the first place.
Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by valmunich(m): 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2013
They've been DRUGGED

1 Like

Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by bknight: 1:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
Ironically, Obasanjo's administration made the most effective appointments to head govt agencies -NAFDAC, ICPC, EFCC etc

1 Like

Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by liyalla(m): 1:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
Same question I asked my self a couple of days ago,just I no tink to create a thread. Hope dis water is NAFDAC approved cus I hardly hear anything except PDP crises
Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by AbuMikey(m): 1:35pm On Sep 15, 2013
OP,who you dey ask nor know,who dey ask nor know and who I wan go ask nor know,SO,NA WHO CON KNOW
Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by onomeasike: 1:41pm On Sep 15, 2013
Promhize:
Your english alone shows you are[b] the clueless illiterate
[quote author=Promhize]
[/b]

Since you asked to be educated in English, you're the illiterate person for using two adjectives without a noun. Olodo rabata, there is no such thing in English as 'clueless illiterate'

Back to the issue, you will soon realize the deep disastrous state of our health system when you become a patient! It is the greed of doctors and ,not aso rock politics ,that killed nafdac.If you are not an active participant in the drug distribution chain,you can't operate there let alone provide leadership. Dora is inside the business as a pharmacist and teacher of pharmacy students.
Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by pxjosh(m): 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2013
Nafdac is active, but not as when Dora was in office. Some drugs i know are no longer in use are still being used here. Example is anti malaria sulphadoxin and pyrimethamine (amalar, laridox, fansidar). Because of high parasite resistance to the drugs, artmeter and lumefantrine was developed. But the former still sells because its cheap, and people keep complaining that they are still sick. This is one of many examples where nafdac ought to work on.

1 Like

Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by immortalcrown(m): 2:24pm On Sep 15, 2013
Mekaboy, have you forgoten the features of Chinese products?
Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by y2kplus: 2:24pm On Sep 15, 2013
How much does it cost to register a product with NAFDAC please?
Re: Is NAFDAC Still Active? by joshuapharm(m): 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2013
pxjosh: Nafdac is active, but not as when Dora was in office. Some drugs i know are no longer in use are still being used here. Example is anti malaria sulphadoxin and pyrimethamine (amalar, laridox, fansidar). Because of high parasite resistance to the drugs, artmeter and lumefantrine was developed. But the former still sells because its cheap, and people keep complaining that they are still sick. This is one of many examples where nafdac ought to work on.

SP is still used for prophylaxis of malaria in some disease conditions and for CQ resistant falciparum malaria. I don't think that is NAFDAC's fault. Nigerians self-medicate a lot, in fact too much.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy / Ayo Fayose (Ekiti Gov. In-Waiting) Releases New Photos Ahead Of Swearing-in. / Buhari Gave Hints of Coming Probes; Bombs Started Going Off During Ramadan!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.