Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,326 members, 7,842,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

"Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" (2247 Views)

Why Did God Allow The Holocaust / Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? / Why Does God Allow Evil ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 15, 2013
idnoble135:
lol... They sure should. My attention is not fully here sef.

Explains the answers you've given so far.. undecided

We dey wait, make una say grace come back. grin grin grin
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 15, 2013
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 15, 2013
oh this is front page material
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by nnofaith: 10:15am On Sep 15, 2013
There is no god. everything is random!
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Gombs(m): 10:29am On Sep 15, 2013
Mynd_44:
So the children were punished to test the faith of their father right? I don't get how you see this as a good thing, we are talking of innocent kids who did not have anything to do with the situation here.

Why can't Job be tested like that? Why kill others to test someone else and in the end you bring new ones like they were pieces in some game. Like they are disposable.

D devil took those kids away, because gave gave his worf to the devil sayin he shd do whatever he pleases but not to touch his life

Now ask me why God made the decision to permit d devil to afflict Job.

Atheist sef, wen wud they stop seeing Christianity as the opposite of Atheism? They don't believe in God o, yet they try to judge him by what he did and didn't do. If then so, why don't atheists judge the devil for what he did n didn't do? I am assuming they don't belive in the devil too, but they mostly question God who dey dnt bliv in than d devil who they dnt bliv in too.

Its like me, I don't believe vampires existed before, why then would I question what they did or didn't do?
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by nnofaith: 10:45am On Sep 15, 2013
everything you see around you was invented by man to give meaning and purpose to life; religion,education, cars, electronics,medicine etc. tribulations and success are sides of the same coin just like good and evil. at the end of the day they dont mean anything. they are just random.

1 Like

Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Gombs(m): 10:50am On Sep 15, 2013
nnofaith: There is no god. everything is random!

if god doesnt exist, pls answer these for me...i no wan derail dis thread o...but just try or open another thread for it

1.What caused the universe to exist?
2.What explains the fine tuning of the universe?
3.Why is the universe rational?
4.How did DNA and amino acids arise?
5.Where did the genetic code come from?
6.How do irreducibly complex enzyme chains evolve? 7.How do we account for the origin of 116 distinct language
families?
8.Why did cities suddenly appear all over the world between
3,000 and 1,000BC?
9.How is independent thought possible in a world ruled by
chance and necessity? 10.How do we account for self-awareness?
11.How is free will possible in a material universe?
12.How do we account for conscience?
13.On what basis can we make moral judgements?
14.Why does suffering matter?
15.Why do human beings matter? 16.Why care about justice?
17.How do we account for the almost universal belief in the
supernatural?
18.How do we know the supernatural does not exist?
19.How can we know if there is conscious existence after
death? 20.What accounts for the empty tomb, resurrection
appearances and growth of the church?

Tnx, if u do, i will be an atheist
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Mynd44: 10:55am On Sep 15, 2013
Gombs:

if god doesnt exist, pls answer these for me...i no wan derail dis thread o...but just try or open another thread for it

6.How do irreducibly complex enzyme chains evolve? 7.How do we account for the origin of 116 distinct language
families?
3,000 and 1,000BC?
supernatural?

I am a Christian but that does not stop me from questioning things I don't understand.

You just listed out a pile of questions which are thought provoking but I have just one for you..

God created the world and everything in it right, but who Created God?
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 15, 2013
Mynd_44:
I am a Christian but that does not stop me from questioning things I don't understand.

You just listed out a pile of questions which are thought provoking but I have just one for you..

WHICH CAME FIRST ? the chicken or the egg ?

1 Like

Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 15, 2013
obadiah777: WHICH CAME FIRST ? the chicken or the egg ?

My frying pan.. smiley
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 15, 2013
aManFromMars:

My frying pan.. smiley
shocked grin
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Mynd44: 11:03am On Sep 15, 2013
obadiah777: WHICH CAME FIRST ? the chicken or the egg ?
Actually, the egg came first. Remember if the hen does not lie on the egg it will never become a chicken.

Now answer my question if you dare or can.

The truth is that as Christians, there are loads of questions we can answer about our religion and we should be pround to say we don't know.

Someone her once said the book of Job did not really happen. He said it was just a story told to teach people to have faith and hope against hope that even in tribulations we should hold on to God and it seems true to me.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 15, 2013
Mynd_44:
Actually, the egg came first. Remember if the hen does not lie on the egg it will never become a chicken.

So the hen came first?
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by texanomaly(f): 11:11am On Sep 15, 2013
aManFromMars:

So the hen came first?
This is getting good...Mynd pass me the popcorn.
Blaaaaaa *spits* why can't you eat the popcorn with salt?

1 Like

Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Mynd44: 11:17am On Sep 15, 2013
aManFromMars:

So the hen came first?
Why do I bother?
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Mynd44: 11:18am On Sep 15, 2013
texanomaly:
This is getting good...Mynd pass me the popcorn.
Blaaaaaa *spits* why can't you eat the popcorn with salt?
I am a follower of sugar
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 15, 2013
Mynd_44:
Why do I bother?
grin
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by texanomaly(f): 11:23am On Sep 15, 2013
Mynd_44:
I am a follower of sugar
Next time, I bring the popcorn. grin
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 15, 2013
Mynd_44:

The truth is that as Christians, there are loads of questions we can answer about our religion and we should be pround to say we don't know.

Someone her once said the book of Job did not really happen. He said it was just a story told to teach people to have faith and hope against hope that even in tribulations we should hold on to God and it seems true to me.
so without a hen how did the egg come about ? the point here is that the reality of the matter is that we have a hen and an egg and we are baffled as to who created which first, same with God. who created him. gerrit ? its a puzzle yet it is a reality starring us in the face. so what can you do but to just accept it ?
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 15, 2013
I an a Christian but I don't understand how God would allow a child who has no sin suffer just for another man to eventually finding peace. I ain't questioning God's ways but that doesn't mean I understand it
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 15, 2013
aManFromMars:

So the hen came first?
righttttttt lol
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by nnofaith: 11:27am On Sep 15, 2013
Gombs:

families?
3,000 and 1,000BC?
supernatural?

questions to give meaning to randomness!
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Mynd44: 11:28am On Sep 15, 2013
obadiah777: so without a hen how did the egg come about ? the point here is that the reality of the matter is that we have a hen and an egg and we are baffled as to who created which first, same with God. who created him. gerrit ? its a puzzle yet it is a reality starring us in the face. so what can you do but to just accept it ?
And since you understand that there will always be a string of events, you should be asking Gombs that question as he was the one asking questions about Atheism.
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Gombs(m): 11:31am On Sep 15, 2013
Mynd_44:

He is a supreme being. Google it
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 15, 2013
Mynd_44:
And since you understand that there will always be a string of events, you should be asking Gombs that question as he was the one asking questions about Atheism.
well based on your post i quoted initially, i was of the opinion that you wanted to know who created God, or at least that is what i got from your questioning. so maybe i was wrong in thinking you were inquiring grin
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Gombs(m): 11:32am On Sep 15, 2013
Mynd_44:

If the hen came first, when then did d egg come from?
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Gombs(m): 11:34am On Sep 15, 2013
teeo: I an a Christian but I don't understand how God would allow a child who has no sin suffer just for another man to eventually finding peace. I ain't questioning God's ways but that doesn't mean I understand it

Because he SO LoVED d WORLD of MEN

John 3v16
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by texanomaly(f): 11:36am On Sep 15, 2013
teeo: I an a Christian but I don't understand how God would allow a child who has no sin suffer just for another man to eventually finding peace. I ain't questioning God's ways but that doesn't mean I understand it

One of Gods greatest gifts, aside from the Atonement, is “Free Agency.” We all have it. Unfortunately, we have no control over others, who may impose their agency on us. The influence of others in our lives and the lives of those we love is not God’s acquiescence (acceptance). It is simply His respect for the gift He has given us.

@Alpha...any attempt!!!
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Gombs(m): 11:39am On Sep 15, 2013
nnofaith: questions to give meaning to randomness!

I'd take that as "bro, I don't have the faintest idea to any of the questions"

grin

I know that feeling bro
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Mynd44: 11:42am On Sep 15, 2013
Gombs:

I'd take that as "bro, I don't have the faintest idea to any of the questions"

grin

I know that feeling bro
Same way you don't have an answer to the "who created God question"
now stop derailling and face the OP's questions
Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Mynd44: 11:43am On Sep 15, 2013
obadiah777: well based on your post i quoted initially, i was of the opinion that you wanted to know who created God, or at least that is what i got from your questioning. so maybe i was wrong in thinking you were inquiring grin
Learn to read the origins of an argument before jumping in. It saves a whole lot of embarrassment tongue

3 Likes

Re: "Why Does God Allow Us To Gothrough Trials And Tribulations?" by Gombs(m): 11:48am On Sep 15, 2013
Mynd_44:
Same way you don't have an answer to the "who created God question"
now stop derailling and face the OP's questions

God is the uncreated Creator who created the universe and everything in it.

Simple

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? / Shocking: Pope Requests Roman Catholic Priest Be Given Right To Marry / Photos Of A Dwarf Nigierian Pastor Preaching At A Crusade In Kaduna(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.