Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

How Do You Feel Been Stingy To God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Feel Been Stingy To God? (542 Views)

SONGS That Make You Feel GODS Presence / See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Feel Been Stingy To God? by pilotseq: 8:35am On Sep 15, 2013
Hey guys!!!. Please how do you feel when you in church and you are about to give offering, and lets say you have 500 and 200 naira, but instead of giving to God the highest denomination who gave him the lowest. Please do you feel guilty? Does it have any spiritual implications? Coz I feel terrible each time I do that. I feel God will be mad at me coz am been stingy towards him....... Just my taught thou undecided
Re: How Do You Feel Been Stingy To God? by Guddy(m): 9:06am On Sep 15, 2013
The guilty feeling is a thing of the mind. Once your conscience makes you guilty you will feel guilty. I do have that feeling as well at times but I just let it go because there might or will definitely be need for the higher denomination to settle other things. To me it's not stinginess.
Re: How Do You Feel Been Stingy To God? by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 15, 2013
So god has needs now?

So humans can withhold their property from god and be stingy when giving money to god?
Intriguing....

OP, you don't need to feel guilty about giving less, if you cannot afford to part with substantial amount of money because it would cause you financial constraints then give what little you can.
And word of advice; only give your wealth as offering in church if you are SURE your pastor will give the money to those in need of it, maybe the very poor families or the deformed beggars or orphan children etc, never give offering in a church where the pastor keeps the money for himself.
Re: How Do You Feel Been Stingy To God? by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 15, 2013
OP,

Don't allow Satan to rob you with the feeling of guilt. Jesus has taken all that away. He said He will make our little big. Are you now saying in my church that we give at least 7 offerings every Sunday, I should be giving 1k each? How much am I earning?

That is why it is called offerings. You offer whatever you feel like. What you know will not drain you... offer the offering and at the end of d day, u still ve enough for transportation n food.

God bless
Re: How Do You Feel Been Stingy To God? by Candour(m): 1:21pm On Sep 15, 2013
ledafaze: OP,

Don't allow Satan to rob you with the feeling of guilt. Jesus has taken all that away. He said He will make our little big. Are you now saying in my church that we give at least 7 offerings every Sunday, I should be giving 1k each? How much am I earning?

That is why it is called offerings. You offer whatever you feel like. What you know will not drain you... offer the offering and at the end of d day, u still ve enough for transportation n food.

God bless

7 offerings in one service shocked shocked shocked

What for biko nu?
Re: How Do You Feel Been Stingy To God? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 15, 2013
I used to be a very "Crazy Give" in church i give so much that i trek home after service it didn't matter to me then as long as i'm able to give ....Not until the dingy viel was removed from my eyes...The highest i've been giving for the past 3mths is N50 and if needed for transport i dare not spare it..If my pastor can go home in a taxi or jeep it's not bad i go home in 'Danfo'( Commercial Bus) at least we worship the same God instead of allowing myself be dispossesed of my last Card...

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel Been Stingy To God? by EvilBrain1(m): 7:18pm On Sep 15, 2013
The fact that OP is sweating over giving N500 in church is all the proof we need that the sowing and reaping doctrine doesn't work. The only people getting rich in church are the pastors.

it's better to save your money and spend it on giving your children. Or invest in your education so you can have a better future if you don't have kids. Or donate to a motherless babies home if you don't know what to spend your money on.

Churches have far too much money already. Giving them more is just like flushing it down the toilet for all the good it'll do you.

(1) (Reply)

Science And The "God" Idea / Renew Your Mind / 10 Habits We Need To Do Away With.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.