Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? (11268 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Worshippers Beat A Man To Death For Stealing Church Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Corona99(m): 10:27am On Oct 06, 2013
Most christians spend thousands of naira n even more @ the end of each week or day, just for recharge cards n alcohols,,some guys even give dia gurlfriendz 50,000,,,100,000 for brazilian hair weavons n blackberry phones,, yet went it comes to church offerings,,all u can offer is 10,20,50naira,,which ar most times dirty n worn out,, only few surmon courage to offer 100,, brethren IS THIS FAIR??Where is ur conscience,,??TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVING MUCH IS EXPECTED,,

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Billygee2u: 11:22am On Oct 06, 2013
LET GOD ALONE BE PRAISED.Let that be left to God .Giving or offering is a freewill.Do not judge any one on this.

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Tjesctacy(m): 11:24am On Oct 06, 2013
Bcause t'he churches are rich enough..... d' pastors are multi billionaires, how much i D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ make to dash rich man my money?

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by fingard02k(m): 11:24am On Oct 06, 2013
my brother na condition make crayfish bend o
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Impulse80(m): 11:24am On Oct 06, 2013
and these are facts or presumptions and these are facts or presumptions

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Elxandre(m): 11:25am On Oct 06, 2013
I aint stingy!
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 06, 2013
may God help us
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by MaziOmenuko: 11:26am On Oct 06, 2013
Because most pastors are scared of preaching about giving, lest they be termed materialistic.

The few that preaches it are termed 'business' moguls reaping off innocent people; so the mentality of 'God watches only the heart' is implanted on most christians.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by eagleeye2: 11:28am On Oct 06, 2013
op,
why are you so concerned with the amount others give as offering.
their Father who sees in secret shall reward all according to his deeds.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 06, 2013
God does nt need ur money! But i dnt blive pple stil offer 10naira in churches, only in those small churces

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Mayany(m): 11:33am On Oct 06, 2013
And d psalmist said I won't Give unto my God what will cause me nothing I think dose dat gives careless offerings are only cheating demselves of God's blessing

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 06, 2013
GIVE 2 CEASER WHAT BELONGS 2 CEASER

I DO
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Mathicks(m): 11:44am On Oct 06, 2013
I think its basically because it is easier to buy something physical and see the value in physical asset than enveloping alot of money and giving it (even if people forget that it is God they are trying to please by giving his annoited some money and for the growth of the church).lol. And then again, some pastors do not show that its worth giving too much of your income to, as it annoys you when you see that the people of the church do not actually reap from the ventures of the church. Its complicated!.lol.. I cant say all of my mind here. Errmm... Enjoy this very short story this wonderful morning ...and dont forget to vote cheesy thanks ...

Tony winked at me as he got up to meet her. I just waved at her from where i sat and watched Tony walk up to her with a huge grin on his face. They exchanged small talk as they met and started walking towards me.

As they got nearer, i noticed that they were speaking in their native dialect, which i hoped they would change as soon as they sat. While still standing, Tony continued talking and then looked at me, his body language suggesting that he was telling her about me. I just smiled and nodded as if I understood what they were saying. This is one of the many funny things people do. Just then i remembered Emeka, my friend back in Lagos, telling the story of how he broke his hand a few years ago. Everybody had laughed that day and even he was laughing. I then wondered that at the time he actually broke his hand, it wasn’t funny for him, but telling the story when he had healed was a different case entirely.
Cont. the short story and vote here http://etisalatprize.com/life-is-just-funny/
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by ethicalUser(m): 11:47am On Oct 06, 2013
Nigerians are even more generous when it comes to giving offering. In the uk na coins things oh..coz every single pound has a value

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by nobleiykee: 11:55am On Oct 06, 2013
grin
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by agrovick(m): 12:00pm On Oct 06, 2013
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by phnibeogu: 12:02pm On Oct 06, 2013
Corona99: Most christians spend thousands of naira n even more @ the end of each week or day, just for recharge cards n alcohols,,some guys even give dia gurlfriendz 50,000,,,100,000 for brazilian hair weavons n blackberry phones,, yet went it comes to church offerings,,all u can offer is 10,20,50naira,,which ar most times dirty n worn out,, only few surmon courage to offer 100,, brethren IS THIS FAIR??Where is ur conscience,,??TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVING MUCH IS EXPECTED,,

Because with 100,000 people giving 50 to hundred grand each every sunday will turn a pastor to a demi-god.. hey dont give God any money, they spend it, build universities hotels, eat the best meals.. none to God...have u ever asked why would a church that the masses are suposed to be supporting have investments now? If they hsve investments , why do we. Still need to give offerings in support?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by everyday: 12:03pm On Oct 06, 2013
A stingy person will never change,whether it be at home,work,school or even in church
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by phnibeogu: 12:05pm On Oct 06, 2013
Mayany: And d psalmist said I won't Give unto my God what will cause me nothing I think dose dat gives careless offerings are only cheating demselves of God's blessing

Who says a dime or coins cost u nothing? Why do people have this impression... if u work hard to earn hundred thousand naira. A mo th and u give 100 naira, isint part iof ur sweat, education. Money invested, risk thst u are giving out? Who says giving one million or more is when it really cost someone? Smh

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Ifedikaycee(m): 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2013
because most of us believe dt we giv 2 d pastors/priests/prophets e.t.c and nt rili 2 God!...while we also 4get dt d bible evn says dt we shud bring offerings in2 God's hauz so dt dia wont b lack in d storehouse!.....But i dnt totally blame us atimes because sum of these pastors has rili taken advantage of d worshippers' obedience,while dy do nothing 2 help doz dt dnt evn hav offerings on sundays!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 06, 2013
From their posts, we can easily identify the thieves who are profiting from tithes and offering. Yes! Every man will fight to maintain the status quo. They shall fight dirty to have access to the tithes and offerings.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by ProPastorChris(m): 12:15pm On Oct 06, 2013
@OP
Your observation is not far from the truth but some churches are not in that path at all, at least not the one I attend.
The reason for this poverty conscious behaviour are:
1. Its hereditary behaviour, its been passed from generation to generation; they have been made to believe that the church does not deserve their best.
2. They are ignorant of the Word therefore they are bound to behave as such.
3. Many deceivers are in the church who fleece the sheep to warm themselves.

If christians can develop a lively and vibrant relationship with the Holy Spirit, they will be free from such poverty ridden consciousness.
The Church is matching on.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by datmix(m): 12:20pm On Oct 06, 2013
Lmao
everyday: A stingy person will never change,whether it be at home,work,school or even in church
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by dbride: 12:22pm On Oct 06, 2013
That word "stingy" is relative so we cannot judge. Good or Right or Perfect Offering is motivated by your knowledge and Love for God and is not measured by the size (how much); Armed Robbers, 419ners and ritualists can give millions, does that count for "good" offering? When you love a girl/man you give her/him your best, same when you KNOW and LOVE God. Preachers, therefore, should teach people how to know and love God instead of drawing attention to themselves and they ALWAYS do it without knowing! Most church goers talk and relate more with their pastors. Bottom Line: Only GOD can MOTIVATE the Right givers to give the Right offering......No Right Offering because there are No Right Givers because they in turn lack the Motivator GOD. Deep thingz and may God give us all understanding.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 06, 2013
how do you know? Do they show u hw much dey giv and u know hw much they spend on week days?
Op, Are u a pastor that always judge your offering based on the population of your congregation, and else you are disappointed?
U are not a christain but a golddigger for asking such questions. Read ur bible to know what bible talks about giving.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by iykofias(m): 12:25pm On Oct 06, 2013
Stup1d question, wot do intend using d answer for?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by narttis1: 12:29pm On Oct 06, 2013
@OP, na you dey count offering for church?if the maximum in the offering basket is 100 naira then it means you and your pastor also give 100 and below...so why you dey complain?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 06, 2013
I'd rather spend that money in a strip club or use it to bang a fat azz hooker......nonsense!....smh

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by 2beereal: 12:38pm On Oct 06, 2013
CENTRE FOR REALITY INT'L CHURCH INVITES YOU ALL TO IGNITE 2013 @
Jogor Centre, off Liberty Road, Ring Road, Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria Featuring BOB FITTS live....Register freely on ignite2013ng.com for entry ticket...come experience changes with unlimited grace....
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by rusep: 12:50pm On Oct 06, 2013
Not only in the Church but in all aspect with the exception of beer palour.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Mavor: 12:52pm On Oct 06, 2013
I am equally guilty of this and God has shown so much favor to me. undecided
Re: Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? by Richy4(m): 1:03pm On Oct 06, 2013
I love it when funny topic makes front pages. God looks at the heart of the giver, not the physical. ever heard of Widow's mite wink?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? / Book by Mary Baxter is dangerous and is not divine / Illuminati Died In 1785. I Am Suprised Some People Still Believe It Exists Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.