Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Mozilla Firefox 3 ! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Mozilla Firefox 3 ! (867 Views)

How To Change Your Ip Address Using Mozilla Firefox Browser / Mozilla Firefox Vs Google Chrome Which Is Better? / Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mozilla Firefox 3 ! by wormedup(m): 9:03am On Jun 20, 2008
go get your copy from the link below.
will be interesting to see how many people on firefox in Nigeria .  cool

LINK
Re: Mozilla Firefox 3 ! by eman4(m): 11:24am On Jun 20, 2008
Yes, my guy.Firefox is the bomb!
Re: Mozilla Firefox 3 ! by crazylegs(m): 11:41am On Jun 20, 2008
I'm one of the proud 8million users to download Firefox 3 grin (world record for most downloads in 24h blah blah.)

Personal 2 cents: Its marginally faster and better looking. Nice new icons. But I'll still customise it with themes

Excerpts From CNET's review http://reviews.cnet.com/browsers/firefox-3/4505-3514_7-33087853.html

With its new Gekko 1.9 engine, the browser rocks, rendering pages faster and uses fewer system resources overall. As with any new browser, some add-ons created for Firefox 2 may not work, but give them time. Firefox 3 touts faster rendering, a vastly reduced use of system resources, and clever new data-mining tools for your bookmarks and browser history. Most notable is that Firefox 3 includes many security-related features baked right in, such as the best of breed antiphishing protection, making Firefox the most secure browser on the market today. If you haven't already tried Firefox, what are you waiting for? Firefox 3 remains our Editors' Choice over Microsoft Internet Explorer and Opera. S

Firefox 3 is free, and available on a variety of operating systems: Windows, Mac, and Linux. Unlike IE 7, Firefox 3 does not require a system reboot.

The interface is the same in some places, but different in others. Placement of buttons hasn't changed, but the icons are new. Firefox 3 now provides a native look and feel (for example, the Linux version matches the Linux user interface), and smooth scrolling of open browser tabs. What will draw the eye are more icons near and within the address bar itself. A company logo, if available, will appear before the URL; after the URL there's the new one-click bookmark star and the familiar RSS icon. Other tweaks include those to the Password manager, Add-Ons manager, and Download manager.

Most exciting among the brand new features is the improved rendering speed thanks to the new Gekko 1.9 engine. Firefox 3 passes the Acid2 Browser Test, along with Safari 3 and Opera 9. The test, designed by the Web Standards Project, is designed to encourage designers to follow HTML and CSS 2.0 specifications. Currently Internet Explorer 7 does not pass, but Microsoft says Internet Explorer 8 is expected to follow Web specifications.

Firefox 3 will no longer support Windows 95, 98, and Me; the same with Mac OS X, versions 10.2 and earlier.

One obvious change is the Smart Location Bar (aka "awesome bar"wink. As you type in a URL, the awesome bar searches through your history and bookmarks and presents a drop-down list of recently accessed pages with that same keyword. It works even if you already know the URL. Some people have found it to be annoying (me for example), so there is a way to disable it requiring a small tweak to the about:config file.

Also new is Full Page Zoom. Unlike Opera, Firefox hides the Zoom feature within the View toolbar option and doesn't increment: just big or small. Hopefully Mozilla will refine this feature in Firefox 4.

Another enhancement is within the Download Manager. Mozilla has added search and improved the ability to start and resume downloads.

There are also numerous security features such as Malware and Phishing protection, Instant Web site ID, support for the Extended Validation Secure Socket Layer (EV SSL), enhancements to the Password manager, and greater security for Add-Ons.

As for performance, Firefox 3 does significantly reduce the amount of system resources used when compared with Firefox 2. That alone makes Firefox 3 a worthy upgrade.

But wait, there's more. Following Firefox 3 comes early word of Firefox 3.1. Features expected within the next incremental release include[b] tab previews [/b]and autocomplete for tagging bookmarks. An Alpha for Firefox 3.1 is expected to be available sometime in July 2008.
Re: Mozilla Firefox 3 ! by DoubleN(m): 12:52pm On Jun 20, 2008
Good One.I am on it now.
Re: Mozilla Firefox 3 ! by DoubleN(m): 2:10pm On Jun 20, 2008
Using it now!Nice buttons.

(1) (Reply)

Help! Something Locked My Registry! / Latest Free Brownsing Wit Gpas And Freedom Via Hp Vista / Hack My Email Back Pleaseeeeeeeeee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.