Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,109 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? (6153 Views)

Opera Browser Now Comes With Free And Unlimited VPN. / How To Change Your Ip Address Using Mozilla Firefox Browser / Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by luridguy(m): 5:32pm On Jan 05, 2006
I had been using explorer since I started browsing on my PC until it started having problems, so i changed to mozilla. Then i just wanted to try Opera and I never looked back. It's so convenient I just love it - at least for now - and comparing the 3 of them I am staying with Opera. What do u guys think?
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by Seun(m): 1:11am On Jan 06, 2006
I use Mozilla Firefox 1.5 because I love the features and the interface! Most of the shortcuts are the same as for Internet Explorer, so it's easy to get used to it.

Opera is also quite cool, but the way it works is so different from Internet Explorer and Firefox that I get a headache whenever I try to use it!
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by stranger: 6:37am On Jan 06, 2006
mozilla all the way cos it allows me to bypass isp egistration and logg on to any ireless network anywhere be it coffe shop, around my lab or any corporate organization with solid wireless network.It works well /better than others
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by hotangel2(f): 7:14am On Jan 06, 2006
Mozilla Firefox all the way. I was using IE, i hated it soooo much!

Now i use mozilla and i love it. A web browser that don't give me headache, tells me if the website im going is not right for my computer, and also opens 15 windows under one window. What more do i want!!!! PLus i can give all websites my password.. incase my dad wants to check the sites... Like hello! Use Mozzilla People! Sh!t is as good as hell. Ohh i mean heaven.
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by nferyn(m): 8:11am On Jan 06, 2006
Firefox. For several reasons:
- most standards compatible (should be important for all you coders out there)
- customisable interface
- memory requirements (compared to IE)
- tabbed browsing
- master pwd

and not unimportant for someone who went through the ugly browser war years - it continues the legacy of Mosaic and Netscape
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by spikelord(m): 8:23am On Jan 06, 2006
Yeah, I use Firefox too and it makes my surfing even faster than IE. To compose a message on yahoo with Explorer takes a long time but with Firefox, Everything seems to be like a flash.
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by hotangel2(f): 8:27am On Jan 06, 2006
Mozilla ROCKs!!
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by luridguy(m): 12:57pm On Jan 06, 2006
there is got to be at least one person dat loves oprea ..........WELL YEA MOZILLA IS REALLY COOL AND I NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM WITH IT...........BUT OPREA IS LIKE NO OTHER and i know what u mean seun WHEN U JUST USE IT FOR THE FIRST TIME ITS KINDA CONFUSSING BUT FOR ME its now SO CONVIENIENT WHEN AM ON THE NET I OPEN SO MANY PAGES AT THE SAME TIME AND WITH OPERA EVERY NEW PAGE OPENS AT THE TOP OF THE ORIGINAL PAGE U OPENED ITS LIKE HAVING TWO TASKBARS and also if ur downloading and maybe nepa takes ur light or when u reboot ur pc and click on opera u countinue from where ever u stopped i mean every single thing u where doing every page u opened it will coutinue from there ......so for me its opera
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by nferyn(m): 1:05pm On Jan 06, 2006
Haven't used Opera in a while. I agree Opera is really cool, but it was a little too different. They also focussed so much on speed that pages need to be 100% standards compliant to load properly in Opera (at least it used to be like that).
Firefox allows you to view almost all content, except for the rarities that were only designed for IE.
Is Opera up to that level yet? If so, I'll definitely give it another try.
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by mikebuddy(m): 4:21pm On Jan 06, 2006
I used only mozilla and internet explorer.but still i think internet exploer wins.
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by FelixSmart(m): 12:32pm On Jan 07, 2006
All browsers have their own advantages and functionality. So comparing them may not be the right thing to do. Your system configuration can equally impact on their performance. Well am yet to try out Firefox! I wiil give my opinion after installation and usage on my PC.
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by mekaxz180(m): 4:04am On Jan 09, 2006
I have used these three Browsers so well, and can tell the most of their differences. The best of them So far is the Opera Browser. Its a very nice browser, It does not freeze while you are browsing unlike most other browsers. If Nepa Strikes, u are rest assured nothing is lost. If you are dowloading, it is packaged with it a dynamic Download manger. It provides you information about your connection, and the speed and rate at which your page opens. But for slower systems still running the win98 OS, the startup time for Opera could be long, but when its finally up, its just a smooth surfer. Opera handles worrisome popups effectively, and gives you total control of the situation. If you love speedy browsing, opt for opera.

Mozilla its cool. A better alternative when there is no Opera

Internet Explorer is the worst
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by mikebuddy(m): 1:07pm On Jan 09, 2006
I agree @ felix
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by brasco901(m): 2:44pm On Jan 10, 2006
Firfox all the way!
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by mikebuddy(m): 12:25pm On Jan 11, 2006
All the way as in wat @ brasco
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by DASKACE(m): 5:38pm On Jan 16, 2006
Mobizilla Firefox is just too cool. Internet Explorer gat so many vunerabilities which often times attracts bugs on yah system. Firefox gat a good pop-up block up program and prevents websites you vivisted from installing programs without your consent.

Had a lot of viral and spyware problem when I was using IE but ever since I tried out Firefox, I have no regret.
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by Icon(m): 11:48pm On Jan 16, 2006
I'd go for firefox anyday. for all the features mentioned above and more. When you want to shut down, you can save all your open tabs in your bookmarks and open them as they were b4 u shut down. Also Mozilla is good for security. Iexplore has so many security loop holes and you get spyware and other stuff when u visit some sites.
Lemme talk bout Opera. Opera is probably the fastest browser available. It's greatest strength (and probably weakness) is that it's strict compliance to web standards. Mozilla and Internet Explorer are very forgiving when it comes to displaying websites that have not been coded to standards. With Opera, you have to close every html tag, and keep to web standards. In fact most developers install Opera as a testing ground because "If your site displays well in Opera, it will display well in any other browser"
I'm sure that will explain why some sites look funny in Opera and they look OK in Iexplorer.
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by mikebuddy(m): 10:10am On Jan 17, 2006
There is operah on mobile.Who have seen?..getjar.com to download.
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by Icon(m): 2:12am On Jan 18, 2006
My mobile uses opera wink
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by mikebuddy(m): 4:48pm On Jan 18, 2006
@ icon whats d make and model?
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by Icon(m): 7:12pm On Jan 19, 2006
sendo x
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by mikebuddy(m): 9:34am On Jan 20, 2006
Posted by: Icon
Insert Quote
sendo x

Sounds more like video game name.Although we all know sendo the x there nko?
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by henchyk(m): 4:57pm On Jan 20, 2006
Well, I prefer Firefox. It's straight forward and easy to use and it also economizes windows. Internet Explorer and Opera are quack. I also like Netscape although it takes time to load up. Explorer's the worst.
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by mikebuddy(m): 3:25pm On Jan 21, 2006
I was there and i saw

Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by kenniy(m): 2:07am On Feb 14, 2006
Firefox: best explorer of present time ;
Internet Explorer: Better than former netscape, imposed on "normal" pc user, total crap!

What do you think?
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by hotangel2(f): 2:56am On Feb 14, 2006
I worship mozilla. I install it on every computer i use. smiley It's the fxcking best!
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by mochafella(m): 3:02am On Feb 14, 2006
kenniy:

Firefox: best explorer of present time ;

I know some who will argue that Opera or even Safari is better. Personally I use Firefox, principally because it is ahead of IE but I do not use Opera or Safari enough to decide if Firefox is actually the best.
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by Seun(m): 3:13am On Feb 14, 2006
Firefox crashes frequently on my computer, though I like the interface and the features. I am at loss about how to have a crash-free browsing experience!
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by hotangel2(f): 3:15am On Feb 14, 2006
What do u mean by CRASH? angry angry FIREFOX IS THE BEST!!!! tongue
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by Seun(m): 4:00am On Feb 14, 2006
Well it crashes a lot on my system but I still have no choice but to use it.
Re: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? by avirji(m): 4:05am On Feb 14, 2006
personally i really like firefox. internet explorer is way behind in everything security, features, as well as email client sucks for IE which is outlook. firefox and thunderbird rock!! as well, IE always tells u to install all these ActiveX controls, and some of them can be quite deadly

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bill Gates Admits Control-alt-delete Was A Mistake, Blames IBM / How To Use MTN Night Data During The Day 24 Hours On PC? / Wireless Pay Tv Card Splitter 3 View On 1 Pay Card At The Same Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.