Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Why Pes 2013 Programmers May Be Racist? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Why Pes 2013 Programmers May Be Racist? (3130 Views)

Pc Pes 2013 Keeps Crashing To Desktop / Pls Help Me On How I Can Install PES 2013 On My Computer. / FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Pes 2013 Programmers May Be Racist? by 9ineGames: 7:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
Why PES 2013 programmers may be racist
Pro evolution soccer is the best soccer game on the planet (for me at least), I’ve been a fan since 2001, playing the Japanese imports which were called Winning eleven on my PlayStation one and even though I didn’t understand the instructions which were written in Japanese, I was still able to navigate through it, talk about tenacity huh? Fast forward to 2013, and I’m still deriving hours of fun from it plotting strategies, pulling of ridiculous elasticos (term for a kind of dribble) and conquering championships repeatedly, so on a lazy Sunday while I was ‘juicing up’ my players by increasing ability setting (that’s right I’m a cheat cheesy), I noticed something rather interesting and intriguing and so began my journey into some backyard research which lead me to believe that the programmers of Pro evolution soccer may just be racist.

Importance of ability settings
Ability settings in PES 2013 is very crucial to the success of a team, these settings range from varying abilities of the player like speed, dribble accuracy, attack awareness. It is so crucial that if a good player increases key abilities of just 3 players he can transform an otherwise terrible team to a top class team.
That is where I noticed that the ability called teamwork which has a range from 0 to 99 is rather low among African teams; this meant that the individual players had low teamwork which obviously means that the team would have low overall teamwork ratings. Why is this important? It is because teamwork can ultimately be translated to team intelligence, and without intelligence….well you know the rest.

Why teamwork means team intelligence
Teamwork is the ability for a player to link up with other players and receive passes like a through ball, overhead pass or a one-two pass, these all require clever or intelligent movements among your players and it would be impossible to control all the players at once with the level of precision needed to pull clever passes off, hence the need for it to be sometimes automated, so if players can’t link up properly the team doesn’t function intelligently as a collective unit.

Findings
I got a pen and paper and did a little research, comparing three random teams from 3 different continents, so I took the teamwork ability of the default setting of random players and did an average of their overall team work to get the team intelligence rating;

Continents------Team 1----Team 2------Team 3-------Total
African --------- 61--------- 63--------- 64--------- 188
Asian --------- 70--------- 69--------- 72--------- 211
European --------- 77--------- 82--------- 80--------- 239

Why is it racist?
One of the beliefs of racists is that blacks or Africans are of lower intelligence, I just find it suspicious that the African teams are the lowest on the totem pole of team intelligence especially when comparing more successful teams like Ghana in Africa against a lesser known Bosnia in Europe.
The ability settings you might think are done randomly and only top named players are given special attention by the programmers, but I found a pattern where the African teams consistently registered lower numbers in this category, which leads me to believe that there might be some thought by the programmers put into the it.

Conclusion
Don’t boycott the game just yet, the methodology used for this crude lazy Sunday research is lacking at best (I have to admit it), and further research must be done on this to have more a reliable study.
And the next you battle through a very close game with you losing out, just remember your team may have a lower overall teamwork rating and that can be a huge advantage.

(Views expressed in this article do not represent those of www.9ineGames.com)

What do you think? Drop a comment and let us know.
Credits: www.9ineGames.com
Re: Why Pes 2013 Programmers May Be Racist? by AlyricistLaura: 10:12pm On Sep 15, 2013
Ya, it's the same way with Madden, and how all the Black Quarterbacks have Low Awareness Ratings

Awareness is basically your overall intelligence rating

Low Key Racism and Subliminal Messages

RGIII Had one of the Highest Qb Ratings last year and threw for 65% and was actually leading much of the year in Passing Percentage

Yet When Madden 13 was released his Awareness Rating was an Embarrassingly Low "70"

Meanwhile White Quarterbacks with Less Impressive Numbers had Awareness Ratings in the 90s

I have always noticed this in sports video games for years and it is a topic i talk about on various Video Game Forums

Black Athletes are Purposely Depicted as Virtual Dummies, Literally

Re: Why Pes 2013 Programmers May Be Racist? by AlyricistLaura: 10:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
Pes 13 was garbage by the Way

Bro stop living in the Past it's all about Fifa now

Pes hasn't been great since Playstation 2

1 Like

Re: Why Pes 2013 Programmers May Be Racist? by 9ineGames: 10:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
9ineGames Is A Team Of Gamers And not (individual)this was a job done by one of our team member. anyways,thanks for dropping your comments(we shall also do a post related to this topic on FIFA)
Alyricist★Laura:
Pes 13 was garbage by the Way

Bro stop living in the Past it's all about Fifa now

Pes hasn't been great since Playstation 2
Re: Why Pes 2013 Programmers May Be Racist? by leunamme93(m): 9:06pm On Sep 18, 2013
Sorry if i had to burge into this tread. I've got a playstation 3 super slim 12gb which is very neat for sale and it will be going with fifa 12 and 1 other game. Price is 38k negotiable though. Text me on 08139164654
Re: Why Pes 2013 Programmers May Be Racist? by kimco(m): 10:45am On Sep 21, 2013
Quite honestly, do u actually believe our african teams have teamwork...isn't team work team chemistry? If it is then i agree whole heartedly. The asian u complain aba actually stay home to play in the leagues and train together for long. The only team with enough team chemistry is zambia and long ago....egypt. Not even my black stars or the super eagles have enuff of teamwork...jux a team of individually gud players. I do agree some of their rating can be piss poor but in a way, their right on the mark. I see no racism here.
Re: Why Pes 2013 Programmers May Be Racist? by 9ineGames: 1:16pm On Sep 21, 2013
well,Thanks for your own contributions(cant wait to hear from PES Fans)
kimco: Quite honestly, do u actually believe our african teams have teamwork...isn't team work team chemistry? If it is then i agree whole heartedly. The asian u complain aba actually stay home to play in the leagues and train together for long. The only team with enough team chemistry is zambia and long ago....egypt. Not even my black stars or the super eagles have enuff of teamwork...jux a team of individually gud players. I do agree some of their rating can be piss poor but in a way, their right on the mark. I see no racism here.
Re: Why Pes 2013 Programmers May Be Racist? by kimco(m): 2:24am On Sep 23, 2013
9ineGames: well,Thanks for your own contributions(cant wait to hear from PES Fans)

I AM a pes fan.

U're not waiting to hear from pes fans u only want to hear people confirm what u've jux said. I have made a point as to why they actually aren't racist but actually on point. u can ignore it all u want but it's the truth. undecided
Re: Why Pes 2013 Programmers May Be Racist? by 9ineGames: 2:53pm On Sep 23, 2013
haha sorry 0....
kimco:

I AM a pes fan.

U're not waiting to hear from pes fans u only want to hear people confirm what u've jux said. I have made a point as to why they actually aren't racist but actually on point. u can ignore it all u want but it's the truth. undecided
Re: Why Pes 2013 Programmers May Be Racist? by purpinkx(m): 10:07am On Sep 26, 2013
kimco: Quite honestly, do u actually believe our african teams have teamwork...isn't team work team chemistry? If it is then i agree whole heartedly. The asian u complain aba actually stay home to play in the leagues and train together for long. The only team with enough team chemistry is zambia and long ago....egypt. Not even my black stars or the super eagles have enuff of teamwork...jux a team of individually gud players. I do agree some of their rating can be piss poor but in a way, their right on the mark. I see no racism here.
seconded ... African champ league is below par ... If you're a star off to Europe when you're needed you'll be called . Have you noticed that most spanish first 11 play in spain ? Same with England , Germany ... There is no argument here ... The rating might be poor but teams play together for a long time to gel not 1 month training bro !
Re: Why Pes 2013 Programmers May Be Racist? by kimco(m): 10:16am On Sep 28, 2013
purpinkx: seconded ... African champ league is below par ... If you're a star off to Europe when you're needed you'll be called . Have you noticed that most spanish first 11 play in spain ? Same with England , Germany ... There is no argument here ... The rating might be poor but teams play together for a long time to gel not 1 month training bro !

Yep yep. Thank u bro.
Re: Why Pes 2013 Programmers May Be Racist? by Salmoneus(m): 6:05am On Aug 07, 2020
Lol...

(1) (Reply)

Rc Hobby Flight And Racing / How Get Unlimited Robux In Roblox Mod Apk? / Used 40gb Ps3 Fat For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.