Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,798 members, 7,831,585 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? (44874 Views)

Onitsha Is One Of Biggest River Port City In Nigeria Photos / OMG! You Can't Believe How Clean Onitsha Is Under Willie Obiano. / Kabiyesi Of Youruba At Onitsha Is Allowed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by Onlytruth(m): 7:05am On Sep 24, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^I've said it!.....see how these bastards use top of the line contractors and bespoke materials when it comes to building something that affects them directly, but when it's something for the masses they go and cut corners and do the barest minimum they can get away with! The state secretariat for instance.......there's nothing even remotely appealing about that monstrosity of a building: it doesn't look cutting edge like something built in the 21st century; i bet it's got no lifts; and the finishing looks like something real local builders built in a hurry! Any good buildings are normally private or company owned!

lol, you have a solid point. The same mediocre man wants to impose a candidate on us for another 8 years.
Chukwu ju!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by waternogetenemy: 7:59am On Sep 24, 2013
OP, u are a very foolish person for using the word industrial callously. Onitsha industrious in your dream. Tell Obi we are waiting for him come Nov. angry
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by Youngzedd(m): 8:38am On Sep 24, 2013
It's true that Onitsha is growing rapidly but the house rent too dey vex me like witch.
Imagine paying 300,000k for a flat per year.

Omo the till tire me Ooooo.

A lot of crocks in Onitsha, be careful when you enter.
No carry Samsung s4 enter market if you no wan lose am.

Onitsha will be better just a matter of good governance.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 8:39am On Sep 24, 2013
Onitsha Needs University or Universities! Cities are known because of Their City University. Where is UNIVERSITY OF ONITSHA? London, Lagos, Cairo,Abuja,Port-Harvourt all Have University Named after & Sited in Their Cities. Again I Ask, Anambra-State where is The University of Onitsha? Don't you Know That a City Like Onitsha Should Have his Own University?

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 8:44am On Sep 24, 2013
Youngzedd: It's true that Onitsha is growing rapidly but the house rent too dey vex me like witch.

No carry Samsung s4 enter market if you no wan lose am. That's Was in The past! Onitsha is more sercure Than a lot of The city with it's Population!

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 10:58am On Sep 24, 2013
Youngzedd: It's true that Onitsha is growing rapidly but the house rent too dey vex me like witch.

No carry Samsung s4 enter market if you no wan lose am.

That's was Onitsha long Time ago! My Friend you are Welcome to The NEW ONITSHA....THE CITY OF INDUSTRIES! House Rent is generally cheaper in Onitsha Than Lagos, Port-Harcourt,Abuja,Kano,Asaba,Enugu,Owerri and even Awka is more costly Than Onitsha! I am One of The Landlords in Onitsha and so I know!. Onitsha is more Secure than Other Cities in Nigeria That is not up to The Population of Onitsha.Onitsha now Command a massive Population of 3.5 to 4Million People!. Onitsha needs at least 35 Thousand Police or Other Sercurity Personals to guard It!

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 11:12am On Sep 24, 2013
waternogetenemy: OP, u are a very foolish person for using the word industrial callously. Onitsha industrious in your dream. Tell Obi we are waiting for him come Nov. angry
Sorry My Friend That's Only The Truth! I Know That you are Used to Lies, But what I am Telling You is the Truth about This City! Onitsha in recent Times started attracting a lot of Industries both Local and Foreign! Is This very Difficult for you to Believe? Please go to Nkpor, UmuOji, Ogidi,New Heaven,33,IyiOwa,Obosi,OBA,Ogbunike,Nkwerre, Awada,Ugwuagba,etc and Check out if This is True. You will be Amazed of What you are going to See!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 7:59pm On Sep 24, 2013
waternogetenemy: OP, u are a very foolish person for using the word industrial callously. Onitsha industrious in your dream. Tell Obi we are waiting for him come Nov. angry
Do You Love Onitsha? Do you invest in Onitsha? If Yes, why not bring your Idea on how to improve Things in Onitsha instead of Bad Words.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by ChinoIsBack: 9:15pm On Sep 24, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^I've said it!.....see how these bastards use top of the line contractors and bespoke materials when it comes to building something that affects them directly, but when it's something for the masses they go and cut corners and do the barest minimum they can get away with! The state secretariat for instance.......there's nothing even remotely appealing about that monstrosity of a building: it doesn't look cutting edge like something built in the 21st century; i bet it's got no lifts; and the finishing looks like something real local builders built in a hurry! Any good buildings are normally private or company owned!

What is actually eating you up nwokem!

You sound so bitter and unsecured. Does the secretariat in your state worthy to be compared with this one in Awka? Why not take your frustration elsewhere.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by Youngzedd(m): 11:04pm On Sep 24, 2013
invest-now2013:
That's was Onitsha long Time ago! My Friend you are Welcome to The NEW ONITSHA....THE CITY OF INDUSTRIES! House Rent is generally cheaper in Onitsha Than Lagos, Port-Harcourt,Abuja,Kano,Asaba,Enugu,Owerri and even Awka is more costly Than Onitsha! I am One of The Landlords in Onitsha and so I know!. Onitsha is more Secure than Other Cities in Nigeria That is not up to The Population of Onitsha.Onitsha now Command a massive Population of 3.5 to 4Million People!. Onitsha needs at least 35 Thousand Police or Other Sercurity Personals to guard It!

Fatal lie.

Onitsha is the most insecure place to be in Nigeria.

Massob boiz and criminals are giving people sleepless night. Go to Fegge or Odoakpu there you will understand the koko.
Phone and laptop stealing is now the talk in town. Lets be sincere for once.

House rent cheaper in Onitsha to Kano, Asaba hehe I doubt you. @25k per month.

Lets just face the fact that our Governor's boys are criminals.

I was born and brought up there mind you.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 11:19pm On Sep 24, 2013
Onitsha is growing very fast! We need to appreciate it.There are some problems,but when compared with other cities that are heavily backed by their respective Govt, you will definitely agree with that Onitsha is better!

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by agbameta: 12:17am On Sep 25, 2013
lol @ industrious city without industries. Funny tinz...
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 12:21am On Sep 25, 2013
agbameta: lol @ industrious city without industries. Funny tinz...
There are many industries in Onitsha!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by ChinoIsBack: 9:43am On Sep 25, 2013
Youngzedd:

Fatal lie.

Onitsha is the most insecure place to be in Nigeria.

Massob boiz and criminals are giving people sleepless night. Go to Fegge or Odoakpu there you will understand the koko.
Phone and laptop stealing is now the talk in town. Lets be sincere for once.

House rent cheaper in Onitsha to Kano, Asaba hehe I doubt you. @25k per month.

Lets just face the fact that our Governor's boys are criminals.

I was born and brought up there mind you.

You are a clown for saying that. probably you are talking of Onitsha of 10-15years ago. Onitsha is a lot neater with good network of roads, thriving economic activities and secured at least to the standard of most economic cities of Nigeria. Lagos, PH, Onitsha and Kano has one thing in common- and that is huge capital resources flows in them and that can attract some level economic crime, of which Onitsha is still better off when compared among those major cities of its ranking.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 2:10pm On Sep 25, 2013
Banks are Falling over Themselves Just to Open a Branch or Branches in Onitsha! Onitsha is Now The City of Bank! Onitsha witnessed The Opening of over 100 Bank Branches for the past two years! The Number is still increasing daily. There are always long lines of people waiting in The Bank Branches in Onitsha to be served. Some of The Banks are Struggling to satisfy their numerious customers on daily basis! I want to use this Forum to encourage Anambra-State Government to partner with Private developers to build Arround 15 Sky-scrappers with minimum of 10 Floors High Arround Upper Iweka Fly-Over & MCC Onitsha. This will help to reduce Long lines of People waiting in Bank Halls in Onitsha and also will help to attract The best Financial Houses To The City!

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by Abariwiseman: 2:59pm On Sep 25, 2013
I am an Enginner working in Lagos,since August I have received 2 interview invitation from companies operating in Onitsha, but I turn them down thinking that it was onistha of then. I am now regreting. I pray another comes my way. I can't wait to take off from this suffer-suffer Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 10:33am On Sep 26, 2013
Abariwiseman: I am an Enginner working in Lagos,since August I have received 2 interview invitation from companies operating in Onitsha, but I turn them down thinking that it was onistha of then. I am now regreting. I pray another comes my way. I can't wait to take off from this suffer-suffer Lagos
You are Welcome To The City of Industries! Onitsha is changing for Good! God bless The City of Onitsha & The People of The City! Onitsha Kachaa!!!!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 10:48am On Sep 26, 2013
Banking Industry in Onitsha is Doing Great! They are One of The Greatest employers of labour.Drivers,Sercurity people, Cashiers, Cleaners,IT People, Accountants,Engineers etc are some of the people smiling in Onitsha because of The many Banks in The City.More Banks both Local & Foreign are coming to begin Their Business in Onitsha. Some People are now referring Onitsha as The City Of Banks!{ Obodo Ulo Aku}. Cash is flowing into Onitsha from Different places both Local & Foreign[ Please permit me To use This word]

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by Dejohnbull: 12:04pm On Sep 26, 2013
I wil like to hav a branch office in onitsha, for safety & marine eqiupment, e g, life vest, safety boot, helment, life jacket, swiming glass, harness belt, safety vest, e t c.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 7:35pm On Sep 26, 2013
Dejohnbull: I wil like to hav a branch office in onitsha, for safety & marine eqiupment, e g, life vest, safety boot, helment, life jacket, swiming glass, harness belt, safety vest, e t c.
You are Welcome to The City of Industries!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 8:12pm On Sep 26, 2013
Banks are forcing The Property Price to go up in Onitsha. I know of a Bank who desired to open up a branch in a particular street in Ugbwu-agba Obosi,although The owner of the choice property don't want to sell his property, but this bank made an offer that helped to force the hand of the man to sell! There are many Stories like this one.Banks are falling over themselves concerning Onitsha!

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by agbameta: 8:24pm On Sep 26, 2013
Industry thread with no industry and before you know, pictures of random houses don replace phantom industries.....even the entire gdp of anambra is N450 million, not even up to 1 billion so what industries are we talking about here....? Smh,..
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by ba7man(m): 8:30pm On Sep 26, 2013
agbameta: Industry thread with no industry and before you know, pictures of random houses don replace phantom industries.....even the entire gdp of anambra is N450 million, not even up to 1 billion so what industries are we talking about here....? Smh,..
You dey pour sand for some people garri.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 8:48pm On Sep 26, 2013
Building Industry is not left out in The Boom in Onitsha.Thousands of Artisans from Ghana,Togo,Cameroum,Niger,Benin Republic,Chad and Other parts of Nigeria are now Gainfully employered in Onitsha-THE CITY OF INDUSTRIES!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 8:32am On Sep 27, 2013
These Artisans Makes Between 5 to 8Thousand Naira Daily.Many of them are very Happy for the Opportunity offered by The increase in Economic Activities in Onitsha.Some of Them that can not pay for their Children's Education in the past are now even paying up to University level thanks to The City of Industries! Some of them working in one of our Building Projects are Very Hard working and Honest people who want to help their family come out of poverty line!

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 10:44am On Sep 27, 2013
Painters,Welders,Arch-Tects,Labourers, Plumbers,Carpenters etc are not left out of all these.I Will like to advocate for the establishment of Vocational Schools & Colleges in Onitsha. If This is Done, it will help to Train the Local people so as to empower them Financially.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by Dejohnbull: 2:52pm On Sep 27, 2013
agbameta: Industry thread with no industry and before you know, pictures of random houses don replace phantom industries.....even the entire gdp of anambra is N450 million, not even up to 1 billion so what industries are we talking about here....? Smh,..
If u don't like here just move on or go and drink sachet hypo.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by redsquare(m): 3:25pm On Sep 27, 2013
Onitsha, a great city and an economic hub. Onitsha is expanding rapidly. Nkpor,Ogidi,Obosi,Oba,Umuoji,Iyiowa,Nkwelle Ezunaka,Ogbunike,Nsugbe are all part of Greater Onitsha. The volume of economic activities going on in this city is massive. Industries are littered all over the city. Long live Onitsha! Long live Nigeria.
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by IgboDelta: 3:42pm On Sep 27, 2013
redsquare: Onitsha, a great city and an economic hub. Onitsha is expanding rapidly. Nkpor,Ogidi,Obosi,Oba,Umuoji,Iyiowa,Nkwelle Ezunaka,Ogbunike,Nsugbe are all part of Greater Onitsha. The volume of economic activities going on in this city is massive. Industries are littered all over the city. Long live Onitsha! Long live Nigeria.

THOSE CITIES YOU MENTIONED AS been part of greater Onitsha ARE NOT PART OF ONITSHA. IF ANY INDIGENE OF THOSE INDEPENDENT CITIES HEAR YOU SAY THAT THEY ARE PART OF ONITSHA, THEY WOULD POUNCE ON YOU. THEY HAVE THEIR INDIVIDUAL EZEs and some have land dispute with Onitsha. ONITSHA JUST LIKE ABA IS A COMMERCIAL AND INDUSTRIAL CITY OF IGBOLAND, HENCE WE ALL SHOULD MAKE IT BETTER
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 11:11pm On Sep 27, 2013
redsquare: Onitsha, a great city and an economic hub. Onitsha is expanding rapidly. Nkpor,Ogidi,Obosi,Oba,Umuoji,Iyiowa,Nkwelle Ezunaka,Ogbunike,Nsugbe are all part of Greater Onitsha. The volume of economic activities going on in this city is massive. Industries are littered all over the city. Long live Onitsha! Long live Nigeria.
I like That! Long Live ONITSHA-The CITY OF INDUSTRIES!!! Long Live Nigeria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 11:14pm On Sep 27, 2013
Igbo Delta:

THOSE CITIES YOU MENTIONED AS been part of greater Onitsha ARE NOT PART OF ONITSHA. IF ANY INDIGENE OF THOSE INDEPENDENT CITIES HEAR YOU SAY THAT THEY ARE PART OF ONITSHA, THEY WOULD POUNCE ON YOU. THEY HAVE THEIR INDIVIDUAL EZEs and some have land dispute with Onitsha. ONITSHA JUST LIKE ABA IS A COMMERCIAL AND INDUSTRIAL CITY OF IGBOLAND, HENCE WE ALL SHOULD MAKE IT BETTER
They all part of Greater Onitsha-THE CITY OF INDUSTRIES!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Onitsha Is Becoming A City Of Trade,Commerce & Industries? by investnow2013: 11:20pm On Sep 27, 2013
Chino_Is_Back:

What is actually eating you up nwokem!

You sound so bitter and unsecured. Does the secretariat in your state worthy to be compared with this one in Awka? Why not take your frustration elsewhere.
The Secretariat is not bad at all. Let us Learn to Appreciate & Commend The Good the Government are doing and ONLY criticise Them When They do or go Wrong!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Aisha Alhassan Mobbed By Crowd In Taraba. Photos / IPOB Members Seen Enjoying Okorocha's Projects After Storming Imo For Rally.PICS / Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.