Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? (14647 Views)

Is Abortion Murder? / How Your Personality Is Shaped By Your Month Of Birth / Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
belabela:

What is in the womb?....a baby of a thing that can be removed at will?

You want to destroy a life but you treasure yours.... isn't that what you call reasonable?

What I call reasonable is NOT DANCING AROUND IN CIRCLES AND BEGGING THE QUESTION. Give me facts, or give me silence.

It's legal to welcome a sickle cell baby, a re'tard, an imbe'cile? When you're busy thinking morality, think reality. Why can you not face the fact that even nature has found a way to abort some fetuses?

As far as I'm concerned, your view of this topic is myopic and sentimental. I cease to talk with you on this from now. I can't give life, but I can help prevent condemnation to a lifetime of sorrows if the said baby is born.
Deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by BabaAlabi: 1:03pm On Sep 20, 2013
Another fact.

Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by manny4life(m): 1:06pm On Sep 20, 2013
belabela:

You destroy a life because you think is unwanted. Will it be justified to kill you because you are considered unwanted? You are just as innocent as bokoharam

Such thinking as yours is the foundation of eugenics, the origin of racism ( which of course many do not know that it defines that some people are more human than the others....superior races and inferior ones) and the basis of the second world war.

Watch this video and answer if abortion is still birth control
[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y2KsU_dhwI

WOW, this video was powerful, loved it.
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by RuuDie(m): 1:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
BabaAlabi: If a young girl who is about 19 years becomes pregnant, she says she wants to keep the baby because society believes abortion is wrong...she has no money, hey boyfriend denied the baby and her family rejects her for being a slut...tell me what kind of world that foetus is gonna come in to? What kind of environment? Many hypocrites shouting abortion is murder no matter what, how many motherless baby homes have you donated to? That armed robber that robbed you and raped your wife all in the belief that life has been unfair to him because his mother abandoned him in a filthy toilet, did you welcome him and thank him for raping your wife? How have you supported the welfare of the orphanages?
Bloody Nigerian hypocrites with 15th century mentality.

You sum it up well!
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 20, 2013
mollytinrox:

What I call reasonable is NOT DANCING AROUND IN CIRCLES AND BEGGING THE QUESTION. Give me facts, or give me silence.

It's legal to welcome a sickle cell baby, a re'tard, an imbe'cile? When you're busy thinking morality, think reality. Why can you not face the fact that even nature has found a way to abort some fetuses?

As far as I'm concerned, your view of this topic is myopic and sentimental. I cease to talk with you on this from now. I can't give life, but I can help prevent condemnation to a lifetime of sorrows if the said baby is born.
Deal with it.

hahahaha......Mr reasonable.

I was in a conference on sickle cell anameia in Birmingham in August, where we look at investing more in sickle cell research.... Some sufferers of sickle cell were there and shared their experience. I am sure they will be gutted to hear your comment that they shouldn't have been born.

You think you have the right to decide who lives and who doesn't..right? It actual tells how much you view others in the society....as far as your reasoning goes the likes of Nick Vujicic ( see picture below) should have been killed at birth. I pity your shallowness of reality.

2 Likes

Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by BabaAlabi: 1:10pm On Sep 20, 2013
RuuDie:

You sum it up well!
Yes Boss!
It's a woman's choice, people should not force their beliefs on others.
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by BabaAlabi: 1:19pm On Sep 20, 2013
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Memyselfu2009(m): 1:36pm On Sep 20, 2013
Abortion is father nd mother and murder not birth control
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Ifems(m): 1:37pm On Sep 20, 2013
BabaAlabi:
A woman who was raped nko? A mother whose life is gonna be endangered if she becomes pregnant? A baby who is a sickler nko?
...So because that baby is a sickler is why you would waste a life abi?I know a friend that is a sickler yet he is doing great now,in good health.By saying endanger,she can still deliver through C.S...And the raped woman,she should keep it for morals sake.Remember these innocent souls never begged for life,they just came.Victims of circumstance.By terminating them,you've annihilated God's perfect plan.A bible verse will say,'Before you're born i knew who you were'.Think of it.
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 20, 2013

1 Like

Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Edohobong: 1:45pm On Sep 20, 2013
Its both
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by madnigerian: 1:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
Abortion is murder.....because it terminates the life of a new being.

Abortion supporters.....tell me when the fetus becomes a human being with rights? When?
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
Tayerulz: Please gimme a sincere reply...if scan shows that ur foetus is malforming; like it would have 2 heads, 3 eyes, etc, would u still go ahead and allow the foetus grow into maturity? Would u happily deliver the baby? Be honest please

Ever heard of conjoined twins before? You just described how they look in a scan

You know some of you rather than think how to solve problems facing humans you result to killing humans for the problems afflicting them. Medical research has come up with solution to this particular problem.

Even at that there are a few adult conjoined twins in our society today.....and they are not in a hurry to die
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 20, 2013
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by donsteady(m): 1:52pm On Sep 20, 2013
if abortion is murdering then using condom is also kidnaping grin
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 20, 2013
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by victorlexa(m): 1:55pm On Sep 20, 2013
Bavarian_Lad: Abortion is not murder.
If abortion is murder, who got murdered?
How could a termination of a developing foetus be a murder?
I may be a woman and decides what to do with my unborn embryo as long as it hasn't seen the face of earth.

If abortion means murder to you stick to your opinion and don't ever abort no matter the circumstances.
To me, abortion is not murder and I'm not forcing my opinion on anybody.

if ur a lady,i thnk u'v aborted b4
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 20, 2013
Tayerulz: . Thanks, im as well aware cojoined twins exist. Buh u have not answerd d questions i asked you directly, kindly go thru my post again and answer the questions accordingly, with all sincerity.

YES

Satisfied now?
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
belabela:

YES

Satisfied now?
I see
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by madnigerian: 2:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
donsteady: if abortion is murdering then using condom is also kidnaping grin

A single sperm on its own cannot become a human being, likewise a single ovum on its own. They have to join forces to create new life.

So yer analogy falls FLAT.
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by kolado(m): 2:03pm On Sep 20, 2013
Take my word for it, abortion is not a sin though we, nowadays, christians have a cast-granite religion conviction that it is sinful to do so. In fact i am yet still to find its biblical verse to chronicle against abortion. Legally, under section 228,229 and 230 of the Nigerian Criminal Code, attempt to procure abortion encroaches the sphere of criminal law, so to speak, it is a criminal offence. It beats my imagination to stupor when people say abortion is not a means of birth control or murder so to speak. Yet you guys keep assaulting your girlfriends' virtues without 'Rubber' all in the name of 'Free-to-air' enjoyment.
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 20, 2013
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by ceejayluv(m): 2:15pm On Sep 20, 2013
It's birth control by means of murder.
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
Abortion is the greatest betrayal of trust! U know what i mean. God forbid what would make me betray the trust of my unborn baby.
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by adconline(m): 2:45pm On Sep 20, 2013
Stupid mentality.
We don't talk about, but we keep popping babie.
Birth control is murder, but bringing kids into this wretched world without taking care of them is a holy act?
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 20, 2013
Do you know the funny thing in this world,those girls you think that they re wayward and slutty might never hav undergone abortion.its always the good holy ones dat can easily gt pregnant cos they re naïve and don't know their way around sex.
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Osasu99(m): 3:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
ifyalways: Abortion is a means of birth control,IMO. If "its" unwanted,unloved and unplanned for,let it go.
#in mode9's voice # three times in a row that's a merry go
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Flairritzy(m): 3:13pm On Sep 20, 2013

Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Policewoman(f): 3:22pm On Sep 20, 2013
IT IS BOTH.
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by jmoore(m): 3:26pm On Sep 20, 2013
jmoore:
The photo depicts a 21-week-old pre-born baby, who was being operated on by a surgeon named Joseph Bruner (It is his finger in the photo). The baby had been diagnosed with spina bifida, which leaves the spinal cord exposed after it fails to develop properly.

A Caesarean section was then performed to lift the uterus gently from mother's body, permitting the surgeon to make a small incision through which the operation would be performed. Then, it happened! As Dr. Bruner was probing the opening, the baby's fully-developed hand wrapped itself around the finger of the surgeon. The photograph captures that amazing moment with perfect clarity.

Who deleted my picture that I used for an illustration? Mods, una dey find my trouble.

THE FETUS IS HUMAN >> https://sites.google.com/a/georgiasouthern.edu/etmcmull/science-and-abortion-the-fetus-is-human
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by ESULAALU: 3:36pm On Sep 20, 2013
Its ok to argue back and forth about this but people with sickle cell,am sure will also be viewing this thread and I think its unfair to have them read stuffs like this. Its a different case if a foetus is found to have clear cut deformities but sickle cell is a condition that manifests based on triggers not before a child is born but after and many sickle cell carriers can live very well and can even have long periods without having a single crisis.

Now whether a mother or both parent choose to end a pregnancy because the tests have shown the baby is sickle cell positive is a different case entirely. Different things have different names/meanings and as such it might be convinient to class it as murder for a pro-lifer whilst other people might just commend them for doing the 'seemingly' right thing.

However, whatever arguments you choose to raise please be sensitive enough to understand that people living with sickle cell would also view this thread.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Marriage A Measure Of Success In Life? / Lagos Couple Seek Help After Losing Four Children In A Fire / Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.