Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,262 members, 7,815,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? (4577 Views)

It's Confirmed The Child You're Carrying Is Deformed; Will You Abort? / Is Abortion Murder? / Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by luridguy(m): 1:52pm On Feb 03, 2006
first before i ask my question i would like to know if there is any girl in this forum that has committed an abortion and is bold enough to say so?

its illegal in some countries and maybe legal in some (not sure) and in nigeria i realy do not know of the law concerning abortion if there is any lets put the law aside for a minute

i know of a woman who took in an househelp form her village they came to lagos and one night she got lost and when they found her she had been raped now i have never heard of someone been raped and getting pregnant but believe it or not a month later they found out she was pregnant with out even thinking twice this lady took the girl for an abortion ..........God forbid this happen to you can i ear an Amen to that........ but if u did get raped(God forbid) and got pregnant would you abort or if it happened to someone you know would tell the person to abort that pregnancy

or a normal sittuation husband and wife 5 children litle income they make a mistake the wife gets pregnant she aborts is that wrong

or young girl gets pregnant for her boyfriend put yourself in that situation would you abort

and finally guys your girl gets pregnant dont tell me you use condom we know sometimes this thing can fail .would u tell your pregnant girl friend to abort?

i think i would post my opinion later today
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by nferyn(m): 2:03pm On Feb 03, 2006
This has been discussed at length in the following thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-2149.0.html

Whether or not you call abortion murder depends on:
* what exactly do you consider a human being?
* when can you talk about killing (when do you consider the fetus to be an independent lifeform)?
* when can you label killing as murder?
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Seun(m): 6:41am On Feb 06, 2006
In this day an age there is no reason for a woman who has been raped to get pregnant. If you are raped go to the doctor immediately and he will know what to do. Do not wait until you become pregnant. Sigh.

1 Like

Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by dejiolowe: 7:43am On Feb 06, 2006
how many ppl actually get pregnant from rape? most ppl abort coz some ill advised cream turn sour. abortion is murder...
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by funty(f): 9:01pm On Feb 14, 2006
i have never committed an abortion and i never will because abortion is murder and whoever does that or advices somone to do it is a murderer
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by nferyn(m): 9:13pm On Feb 14, 2006
funty:

i have never committed an abortion and i never will because abortion is murder and whoever does that or advices somone to do it is a murderer
Am I murdering myself if I cut off my toe?
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by alheri(f): 1:55pm On Feb 15, 2006
Hey nferyn, I just knew I would see you here when I saw the topic and here you are! cheesy
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Seun(m): 2:03pm On Feb 15, 2006
Some Christians are funny: they have no problem authorizing their presidents to bomb Arabs to oblivion, they feel no guilt over people sentenced to death by hanging or firing squad, but they feel so guilty over the "murder" of a foetus.
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by alheri(f): 2:28pm On Feb 15, 2006
Seun:

Christians are funny. They have no problem authorizing their president to bomb Arabs to oblivion, they feel no guilt over people sentenced to death by hanging or firing squad, but they feel so guilty over the "murder" of a foetus.

seun that was a very lame comment. What do you mean christians authorised their president to bombs arabs? Sometimes you sound so silly I really wander about you.In what way do you mean? Personally, I don't consider abortion murder and all that , I beleive its the woman's business and she should deal with the consequences but how can you compare an unborn innocent child to someone on deathrow and then bring christianity in it? Youre really something else, you feel you can go all over the forum making snid remarks cause its your forum, well you definately reap what you sow.
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by nferyn(m): 2:54pm On Feb 15, 2006
alheri:

seun that was a very lame comment. What do you mean christians authorised their president to bombs arabs? Sometimes you sound so silly I really wander about you.In what way do you mean? Personally, I don't consider abortion murder and all that , I beleive its the woman's business and she should deal with the consequences but how can you compare an unborn innocent child to someone on deathrow and then bring christianity in it? Youre really something else, you feel you can go all over the forum making snid remarks cause its your forum, well you definately reap what you sow.

Sorry for making that last comment, alheri , I just couldn't help myself wink
The question is whether or not a fetus can be called and unborn innocent child. This is using emotional language where it's not entirely appropriate. Before the fetus acquires sentience, it is a lump of cells and not really a person yet.
It's indeed inappropriate to lump all Christians together on this one. The real problem lies where a considerable part of the Christians constituency in the US (mainly, but also in other countries) want to force their morality on others that may not share it. After all, nobody is forcing anyone to undergo an abortion.
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by alheri(f): 3:30pm On Feb 15, 2006
Oh no nferyn, I quite understand where youre coming from. Though I am a christian,and I wouldnt have an abortion and would also not advise a friend to have one, I don't consider abortion as murder. As per the unborn innocent child part, lets not really dwell on that, I didnt mean it in that way. Just used it to support my argument on the deathrow issue.
Though my religion does not support it, I think abortion is a personal issue. I wouldnt advise a friend to have an abortion but I definately wont judge her for it. I have actually gone with a friend for her to go get an abortion. I stayed with her through it all till she recovered, I saw what she went through and I always wander if it was worth it. She had her reasons, which were good enough for her and though I didnt share her view, I understood her predicament. To me abortion is wrong, but lets try and listen to the reasons why people have abortions.
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Seun(m): 3:34pm On Feb 15, 2006
You have taken the sport of Seun-bashing to a new level.
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by alheri(f): 3:43pm On Feb 15, 2006
Seun:

You have taken the sport of Seun-bashing to a new level.

Sorry about that and believe me its no sport. Just had to have my say cause your comment was a little too extreme.
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Seun(m): 3:51pm On Feb 15, 2006
It wasn't. Read it again. I only added the word "some" which should have been obvious to you. Nobody honestly believes that all Christians are the same. When I say "Christians" I only mean "many" or "most".
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by alheri(f): 3:55pm On Feb 15, 2006
Yes it was and believe me I don't want to read it again. Oh now I see your modification. Well, youre initial comment which I reacted to is still quoted in my own post.
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by IAH(f): 10:12pm On Feb 15, 2006
Abortion is wrong, no matter what. Though it's the killing of a small foetus but killing is killing.
I know someone that had an abortion. I got to know of it after she did it. She came to wake me up in the middle of the night to tell me she had an abortion the previous day and she was now scared that she's going to die. She said she couldn't sleep and was feeling something in her tummy. I couldn't understand how she was feeling so I took the position of prayer warrior and asked her to let us pray together. We sha prayed for forgiveness and asked God to save her so that she won't die.
She was not raped though, the pregnancy was for her boyfriend.
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Softee(f): 12:25am On Feb 16, 2006
Abortion is wrong!

I mean, who are we (as women) to decide wether a individual lives or dies?

Do we as human even know wat LIFE is? Can a scientist answer that? NO

So when we go around aborting innocent babies that didn't ASK to be created, do we know what we are getting ourselves into?

You say a feotus is a bunch of cells? But isn't it going to develop into something? a life?

I have never had an abortion and never will because i have strong views about it. If a woman gets raped, the woman should give her baby up to a person/couple who can't have children. and if she cannot handle going through her pregnancy, can't she not take the morning after pill? (even though i don't agree with it its better than waiting till the baby is more developed).

The abortion limit in london is 24 weeks, my best friend was born at 24 weeks, shes a perfectly normal, cocky young girl but it disturbs me that she could have been aborted!

Abortion is also cruel in the way in which they do it

1) They can give you a pill which blocks nutrients going through your babies cord so it will be starved of oxygen and food and will die

Now pleasseee tell me that isn't creul? That is heartless

2.) They can give you some medicine that burns the baby and turns it a black colour

3.) They can take the baby out using foreceps which often causes the baby to come out in bits (head, arms, legs, )

4.) Lastly they can give you a pill that will make you contract early and give birth to the baby, then they dispose of it.

This is sickening and cruel, in other countries the abortion limit is higher than 24 weeks and abortions get carried out more horribly, we as a society have got to stop this, it is wrong and evil.

God bless you all that read this,
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Ceekay(m): 9:50pm On Feb 16, 2006
Its very simple: if a girl commits an abortion, she has killed, and she 'MUST' pay for it during the course of her lifetime, even if she repents, trust me on that one
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by nferyn(m): 8:04am On Feb 17, 2006
Some people here seem to be all convinced that abortion is killing no matter what the stage the pregnancy is in. What are your grounds for making such statements? A fertislised egg is not a person.
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Grizzly(m): 8:39pm On Feb 17, 2006
@ nferyn, oh yeah, maybe if u was aborted urself u wont be up here talking all that crap, dont let the Aborted Babies Council over the other side hear u oh?
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by nferyn(m): 10:24pm On Feb 17, 2006
4-1-94ever:

@ nferyn, oh yeah, maybe if u was aborted yourself u wont be up here talking all that crap, don't let the Aborted Babies Council over the other side hear u oh?
Of course I wouldn't be talking like that. I would never have existed.

Before 23 weeks a fetus doesn't even have the neural capacity to carry stimuli within the body. What separates us humans from the other animals is our big and powerful brain. If you take neural develoment as a criterium, a lizzard is much closer to a human than a 23 week old fetus. The fetus has the potential to become human, but it is not human yet. All the sperm that men carry in their body also has the potential to become human. Do you cry wolf every time your semen does not fertilise your wife or girlfriend? And what about those thousands of sperm cells that don't fertilise an egg?

Use your rational thought instead of making these misplaced emotional appeals. Or why don't you go to the other abortion thread (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-2149.0.html). Everything has already been said there.
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by Grizzly(m): 10:55pm On Feb 17, 2006
I give up men, but just dont go about preaching that, ok?
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by IAH(f): 11:31pm On Feb 17, 2006
Nferyn, if you had power to either let something insignificant grow to become siginificant OR let it fizzle out. Which would you rather do?
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by nferyn(m): 11:32pm On Feb 17, 2006
4-1-94ever:

I give up men, but just don't go about preaching that, ok?
Preaching what exactly? That abortion is not a black-or-white issue? It isn't.
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by nferyn(m): 11:35pm On Feb 17, 2006
IAH:

Nferyn, if you had power to either let something insignificant grow to become siginificant OR let it fizzle out. Which would you rather do?
That really depends on the circumstances. What would the consequences be of letting it become significant and what would the consequences be of [b]not [/b]leting it become significant? There are no absolutes in life, it's all about choices and consequences and how to weigh them against each other.
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by IAH(f): 11:44pm On Feb 17, 2006
nferyn:

That really depends on the circumstances. What would the consequences be of letting it become significant and what would the consequences be of not [/b]leting it become significant? There are no absolutes in life, it's all about choices and consequences and how to weigh them against each other.

Well, you and I know the [b]circumstance
we are talking about here.tongue And you know it can never be wrong to give life, except you don't believe in potentials. What consequences could there possibly be in giving LIFE?
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by nferyn(m): 12:56am On Feb 18, 2006
IAH:

Well, you and I know the circumstance we are talking about here.tongue
Actually I don't. If you're talking about abortion, there can be many reasons why a woman would choose abortion and thus many circumstances under which that decision is taken.

IAH:

And you know it can never be wrong to give life, except you don't believe in potentials. What consequences could there possibly be in giving LIFE?
I don't know if it can never be wrong. If by allowing a potential life to become a real life you significantly endanger the existence or quality of already existing life, you could definitely call that wrong. If you actually think there are no consequences to bringing a child to term, then you haven't thought it over. I would rather think you're using rhetorical tricks here though wink
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by IAH(f): 1:18am On Feb 18, 2006
nferyn:

I don't know if it can never be wrong.

Backing out here, huh? wink

nferyn:

If by allowing a potential life to become a real life you significantly endanger the existence or quality of already existing life, you could definitely call that wrong. If you actually think there are no consequences to bringing a child to term, then you haven't thought it over.

Well since you have thought it over, why not tell us the consequences you have thought over? Remember we are talking voluntary abortion here, so don't give examples of the medically adviced ones. smiley

nferyn:

I would rather think you're using rhetorical tricks here though wink

Yes! I'm trying to get you to say some things that will make me catch/win you in this argument. cheesy
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by 2cantango(f): 6:01am On Feb 18, 2006
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by EvilSlayer(m): 6:04am On Feb 18, 2006
2cantango:

Abortion is murder.

what's up Joanne.
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by nferyn(m): 1:25pm On Feb 18, 2006
For an insightful debate on the topic where the two opposing positions are very eloquently explained:
http://www.iidb.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=88699
Re: Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? by nferyn(m): 1:32pm On Feb 18, 2006
IAH:

Well since you have thought it over, why not tell us the consequences you have thought over? Remember we are talking voluntary abortion here, so don't give examples of the medically adviced ones. smiley
Why would you exclude medical reasons?

One possible example: during a civil war a woman gets raped by the man who butchered her husband and her other children.
Another possible example: a single woman is pregnant. Two weeks after she finds out she's pregnant she loses her job
Another one: A retarded woman gets pregnant. She lives in an institution and can't take care of herself.

I think you can figure out what the consequences are of aborting or not aborting.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stop Your Family From Changing PHCN Cutout Manually! Get Automatic Phase Changer / How Toothpaste Broke Marriage! / Would You/do You Raise Your Sons And Daughter The Same Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.