Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Obj New Ministers: Femi Fani-kayode Listed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obj New Ministers: Femi Fani-kayode Listed (2245 Views)

8 New Ministers Appointed By Jonathan Get Portfolios / MY WATCH: Secrets In OBJ New Book And More...A must read / My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obj New Ministers: Femi Fani-kayode Listed by Larufa(m): 6:28pm On Jun 03, 2006
The abusive and loud mouth Presidential Adviser on Public Affair, Femi Fani-Kayode name has being forwarded to the Senate for confirmation as a minister.

Wonders they say can never end.

Is this a reward for being abusive?
Re: Obj New Ministers: Femi Fani-kayode Listed by Akolawole(m): 11:43pm On Jun 04, 2006
@Onanugaola

Is he abusive?

What can you say of Chukwumerije?

What can you say of Duro Onabule?

Whatcan you say of Wada Nas?
Re: Obj New Ministers: Femi Fani-kayode Listed by lawole: 6:23pm On Jun 05, 2006
Can any Nairalanders pls tell me Femi Fani kayode state of orgin. Is it Lagos or Osun State. because when i read the list send by OBJ to the Senate it says he is from Osun. But if i am right couple of months ago he himself said that he is from Lagos State not Osun. That his father is the one from Osun state. That means Lagos State is getting one extra minister ! ! !. I guess he he just true to his charater by speaking from both side of the mouth.
Re: Obj New Ministers: Femi Fani-kayode Listed by Larufa(m): 6:38pm On Jun 05, 2006
Akolawole:

@Onanugaola

Is he abusive?

What can you say of Chukwumerije?

What can you say of Duro Onabule?

Whatcan you say of Wada Nas?

Akolawole, I am sure you know more than what you have just said.

@lawole,
If I get u right, Femi said his father is from Osun State while he is from Lagos state.
In Yorubaland, there is an adage that says it is only a bastard that uses the left hand to describe his father's house. ---- A word is enough for a wise man.
Re: Obj New Ministers: Femi Fani-kayode Listed by Akolawole(m): 12:36am On Jun 06, 2006
I am not Femi's spokesperson.

His Dad is from ile-Ife( the legendary Fani-power)

Femi lives in Lagos, pays his tax in Lagos and can rightly claim Lagos.
Re: Obj New Ministers: Femi Fani-kayode Listed by Larufa(m): 5:35pm On Jun 09, 2006
Fear Gribs Fani-Kayode: Begs Law-Makers, Others

Afraid that his nomination as a minister may be quashed by the Senate, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Communications, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, has started lobbying senators to forget the past and approve his nomination. Caustic-tongued Fani-Kayode, has stepped on the toes of many, whom he had derided with foul languages, while responding to criticisms against the President.

Fani-Kayode had in many instances, abused senators and prominent Nigerians, whenever their path crossed that of the President. P.M.News investigation revealed that following the submission of his name as a ministerial nominee to the Senate for approval, Fani-Kayode has been meeting the senators begging them to forgive him if he had offended them. He is reportedly asking the senators to see his defence of the President and his administration as a measure of his loyalty to the President.

Meanwhile, Fani-Kayode has dragged an Abuja-based newspaper, Leadership, to court, for accusing him of possessing a fake certificate.
Sources close to the ministerial nominee, told P.M. News that the suit would be instituted against the newspaper today. the publication had alleged that Fani-Kayode did not possess the academic qualification or certificate, which he claimed to have acquired from Cambridge University. The paper also alleged taht some senators opposed to his nomination had dispatched emissaries to Ghana to ascertain the true mental state of the ministerial nominee.

http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/zmagazine/article.php?articleid=7990
Re: Obj New Ministers: Femi Fani-kayode Listed by sleekmike(m): 6:12pm On Jun 09, 2006
That guy Fani Kayode is a very saucy fellow. The senate should not clear him. He should be taught not to insult peop[le.If he could insult a clergy, elders,and emin ent nigerians, is it people under him in the ministry that he will not insult.
Baba should look for another person with good home training.
Re: Obj New Ministers: Femi Fani-kayode Listed by Hugoboi(m): 5:07pm On Jun 16, 2006
Just saw the saucy foul mouthed fani kayode before the senate.The guy was almost begging to be cleared.It was so obviuos he neede that job badly.Do u blame him,d smart guy knows that he'l b in trouble wit OBJ out so he has to recoup fast.Classic case of small boy wit bad mouth.
Re: Obj New Ministers: Femi Fani-kayode Listed by Seun(m): 5:07pm On Jun 17, 2006
Hehe. Well he's a very interesting man. cheesy
Re: Obj New Ministers: Femi Fani-kayode Listed by Ashiwaju(m): 8:07pm On Jun 17, 2006
Interesting man you say? He's far from being intresting, he is so full of himself & i sure know he wont last even after his clearance @ d senate.
Re: Obj New Ministers: Femi Fani-kayode Listed by Larufa(m): 5:57pm On Jun 21, 2006
If 'Femi Fani-Kayode were told that he would one day sit in front of the men of the Senate, grovelling for confirmation, one was almost sure that he would not believe it but that was exactly what happened. He was practically begging for confirmation.
The Vanguard of June 18, 2006 says, "Fani-Kayode begs, gets Senate's clearance". Indeed, he begged and begged and begged. The "mighty" has fallen!

There is an Igbo adage that says, "If I have to beg so much for something to eat, where would I find the mouth to eat the food if it is eventually given to me?" Fani Kayode begged so much to be confirmed. Where would he find the respect and charisma necessary to discharge his duties as a minister?

Infact, he should now be christened the "begging minister" and referred to as such from this moment on. There is a lesson for Nigerians to learn from all this, though.

As the Great Zik would say, no condition is permanent. He better know that the media will follow his performance as a minister all the way to 2007. He hates being criticized but this time, he has become a fair game and criticize him the media will.

The fall of the "mighty" continues in Nigeria! First it was the defeat of the third term bid that Obasanjo had hoped to shove down the collective throats of Nigerians. Now it is the loud mouth of Aso Rock, crouching over in "contrition", looking sullen and asking Nigerians for forgiveness all because he wants to taste power this last time before PDP implodes. Wonders shall never end.

http://nigeriaworld.com/columnist/uzokwe/062006.html
Re: Obj New Ministers: Femi Fani-kayode Listed by Ashiwaju(m): 6:53pm On Jun 21, 2006
and who would not beg to loot and eat the peoples vote and money? abeg make the guy beg jare even make he cry, stab himself and do the worse so as far as he would be given the licence to loot and treat himself when he becomes the minister.

I just hope he wont become the petroleum minister!
Re: Obj New Ministers: Femi Fani-kayode Listed by ThisDumebi: 5:41pm On Jun 26, 2006
Fani - or what's his name - spoke himself into the bad book of millions of suffering Nigerians.His perception of our sociopolitical destiny or OBJ's bogus political achievements was always superior.I thought he would lose his life when the third term bid was slain! sad
Re: Obj New Ministers: Femi Fani-kayode Listed by ThisDumebi: 5:47pm On Jun 26, 2006
It's one of the sad experiences in a democratic imagination that those who obviously subvert the wishes of the people are often recycled to the helpless acquiescence of the populace!It's just sad cry Fani is a great disservice to the trend and direction of our political expectations, I'm weeping!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Obj New Ministers: Femi Fani-kayode Listed by Ashiwaju(m): 5:50pm On Jun 26, 2006
You dont have to cry but understand that this is nigeria where anything can happen but in anyway, its only a matter of time to get over the recycling seats and dumb personels.
Re: Obj New Ministers: Femi Fani-kayode Listed by Mystique(f): 8:36am On Jul 03, 2006
Yes, he is pompous, and yes he is arrogant, but i like him all the same wink
Re: Obj New Ministers: Femi Fani-kayode Listed by Jakumo(m): 1:39pm On Jul 03, 2006
Femi Anigbolapo Fani-Kayode has triumphed over all the nay-sayers who opined that a toker of quality bud cannot hold HIGH office. I raise a toast to The Man, Femi 9-lives Fani-Kayode, who needs NO Visine eye-drops to get the red out.

Those red eyes are at least partially earned from copious weeping during strategic grovel sessions to re-establish a spot by the $ food trough, and as such are a sparkling badge of pride better displayed than concealed.
Re: Obj New Ministers: Femi Fani-kayode Listed by sexychica: 12:06am On May 14, 2007
im sure u all r eating back ur words femi-fani kayode is doing a splendid job at the ministry of aviation,everybody has their own vices,the important thing is that the man is doing a good job and thats whats important,if it means being rude to serve ur country and brtter the lot of people at d same time revamping the aviation sector then why not?
Re: Obj New Ministers: Femi Fani-kayode Listed by 9ja4eva: 9:50am On May 14, 2007
If only he had used the energy he used in talking to speak the truth.He wld have been a great Minister.

He is doing good though grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Why We Must Not Vote For The People's Democratic Party (pdp) In Nigeria / Ojukwu's Historic Broadcast On Gowon's Genocide On The Igbos! (Audiovisual) / Boko Haram Is Against Western Education, Yet Spare Atiku's American University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.