Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Tribute To Alhaji Lamidi Adedibu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribute To Alhaji Lamidi Adedibu (1714 Views)

This Is The Authentic Story Of How Lamidi Adedibu Died – Widow, Alhaja Bose / My Politics, My Life, My Joy, By Lamidi Adedibu / Exclusive Interview With Lamidi Adedibu- Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tribute To Alhaji Lamidi Adedibu by ants(m): 1:43pm On Jun 20, 2008
Adedibu, half of Ibadanland that the uninitiated erroneously describes as one person

Death that taunts before it strikes

Wicked man per excellence

Son of a witch who buys on credit and still demands extra

The man who deliberately injures and yet commiserates with his victim

The man who owes you and you dare not ask to be repaid

The owner rejects his inheritance, Adedibu accepts it

Akanbi who demands two pence from a man with only two and a half pence

Adedibu went to the Ibadan city centre and came back with several chickens

He did not buy them (the chickens),

He did not steal them (the chickens),

And nobody gave them (the chickens) to him as gifts,

The chickens just ran into a monumental calamity!

culled from lyrics of the music of Alhaji Odolaiye Aremu
http://akin.blog-city.com/adedibu_half_of_ibadanland_the_man_is_no_more.htm
Re: Tribute To Alhaji Lamidi Adedibu by bilymuse: 2:11pm On Jun 20, 2008
thanks for the translation, l quite enjoy it. its a beautiful poetry from a praise singer. it shows the richness of African language and culture. Yoruba is indeed another beautiful language.

all the same, its  AMALA POLITIC.
Re: Tribute To Alhaji Lamidi Adedibu by UNLEASHED(m): 11:50am On Jun 21, 2008
Nice Poem though, But This should bring something to our memory, I mean about God fatherism in Nigeria Politics, It is so sad to know that most people are getting things wrong about God fatherism, Yes, Fine, It can never be curbed but God fatherism should be addressed from the perspectives of those who see it as a sacrificial thing. Nigeria, and most country in West Africa, this thing is common, Or maybe I should say most countries of the world, Some masess have the Tactics to govern and rule the people, Some have the useful strategies to make things work out like eradicating and alleviating poverty but without the money. This dream unfortunately dies in them. Some have the money but this urge to serve is not there. So God fatherism is introduced in politics. So it should not be seen as an Investment of a commercial Venture.

R.I.P ADEDIBU.

(1) (Reply)

Explosion In Aswo Rock! Situation Critical - Punche (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) / Baby kidnapping/trafficking mess in Chanchangi flight of 31.12.09True Life Story / Why Did This Nigerian Kill His Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.