Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,923 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3485626 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by willox(m): 8:57am On Aug 28, 2012
who won serv b4? I beg hw many months r there in a semester?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by stelan(f): 9:09am On Aug 28, 2012
Holyrule: yes, NOUN goes for Youth Service and Computer Science is 4years
Have you actually seen someone dat has gone for Service? Cos NYSC says graduates from Open Universities will be given Letter of Exclusion, be they below or above 30yrs of age.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 10:39am On Aug 28, 2012
I paid #22500 as for school fees but the amount apeared on my portal while portal still alart me of compulsory fee.
Now! If you know you are puting in for masters programme your first payment is 22500+10000=32500. That 10000 is the amount you are xpected to pay at the year of graduation and you have no other level. And if you pay 22500 it wouldnt cover all and you will need to go and find 32500 again bcs sku fee has to be paid once.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by planet4sure(m): 1:02pm On Aug 28, 2012
I want to know how a working class can be a able to go about normal skool parole and work now that there is no more partime. Pls guys can u throw more light on this. I will like to to go for biz admin but don't now how to go about it? Is the lecture period weekends or during the week?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 1:35pm On Aug 28, 2012
planet4sure: I want to know how a working class can be a able to go about normal skool parole and work now that there is no more partime. Pls guys can u throw more light on this. I will like to to go for biz admin but don't now how to go about it? Is the lecture period weekends or during the week?
Dont waste your time this noun is meant for working class pple bcs no class at all. You only have your material and wait for exam date. The study centre that do lecture was not official but student arrangement which doesnt have effect on absentees.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dimdim001(m): 3:05pm On Aug 28, 2012
Hey guys! I'm a new NOUN student of School of Science and Technology, studyin' Communication Technology.

I created a facebook group (NOUN Communication Technology/Computer Science 2012/2013 Students), so pple dat it concerns cld join in and also invite odas 2 join...The link is
http:///SPUmNf

Pple studyin' Computer Science can also join since we're doin' almost d same courses. Thank you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Cherish100(f): 6:39pm On Aug 28, 2012
Is the NOUN University a private one? How much is the fees per semester? Where is it located?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 8:23pm On Aug 28, 2012
Cherish100: Is the NOUN University a private one? How much is the fees per semester? Where is it located?
Noun full writen as national open university of nigeria. From the name you observe that is nigeria university like other federal university. Is located nationwide. Visit www.nou.edu.ng and www.noun.edu.ng for their study centre and many other infor.
The school fees are also in the web. #22500 for new student and 15500 for returning student. See one of my formal post.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by wonders(m): 10:57am On Aug 30, 2012
Pls which school issue the certificate at the end of the study? Has anyone graduated from Noun and if yes, what name of the university does the certificate bear?

officials and ex-graduates educate us.

3 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 12:15pm On Aug 30, 2012
wonders: Pls which school issue the certificate at the end of the study? Has anyone graduated from Noun and if yes, what name of the university does the certificate bear?

officials and ex-graduates educate us.
You are a real wonder. You need fact or you want officials and ex-graduates to respond?
There are many graduates and some are in final year/semester now. And the school is not answerable to any other school than dean/director of the school therefore the result/certeficate comes from the institution as convetional university does.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by toye4eva01: 5:18pm On Aug 30, 2012
Hello
Please I would like to know if the form for masters programme is still out and how can I get the form and process d admission.
Also I want to knw if the certificate is equivalent to that of other federal universities
Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by willox(m): 9:13pm On Aug 30, 2012
i lov dis trend! Pls hw many months are there in a semester Thanks

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Holyrule(m): 11:09pm On Aug 30, 2012
frankmoney: ok tanx but ђã†̥ are d o'level subjects required for admission into dz department...
5 credits usual including maths and English. Pls check www.nou.edu.ng or www.noun.edu.ng for all possible informations. Hurry now.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Damceyk(m): 1:40am On Aug 31, 2012
Please can sum one tell me when dia resuming pls urgent

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:48am On Aug 31, 2012
willox: i lov dis trend! Pls hw many months are there in a semester Thanks

It has been unofficially 8 months. I want to believe it will be shorter this time, they are under NUC regulations. I just hope NOUN will put our last exam results in the portals. So happy to see them do it with TMAs.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:48am On Aug 31, 2012
Damceyk: Please can sum one tell me when dia resuming pls urgent

Resuming what? School is on!

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:52am On Aug 31, 2012
toye4eva01: Hello
Please I would like to know if the form for masters programme is still out and how can I get the form and process d admission.
Also I want to knw if the certificate is equivalent to that of other federal universities
Thanks

It is as equivalent as what you have learnt. Federal Universities are all struggling, u know.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by frankmoney(m): 7:27am On Aug 31, 2012
Tanx guys for the info....but atm.....am using a $obile phone so I can't c the entry requirements into
The economics department any1 wid good info should let me knw asap.......tnk yhu
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by willox(m): 1:40pm On Sep 01, 2012
isn't 8months too much 4 a semester?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by willox(m): 1:41pm On Sep 01, 2012
isn't 8months too much 4 a semester? Ha, dts too much 4 jst 1st semester!

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 7:01pm On Sep 01, 2012
willox: isn't 8months too much 4 a semester? Ha, dts too much 4 jst 1st semester!
I blif that was then. When i was in HND the sku exam was delayed for some month bcs of acredition. If the sku has not be acredited is a must to de a delay in program and once the sku is given operational certificate no more delay. And less you forget the sku do not strike bcs no reason for that. There is nothing like the lecture sylabus has not cover for exam. No!
So let hope the sku is using short period for semester. And the skul has not released calander for 2013 session. But the registration is already on which mean we are in 1st semester while old student are in second semester. Dont be suprised when they call you for exam. Plis be redy.

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Holyrule(m): 7:24pm On Sep 01, 2012
[quote
author=stelan] Have you actually seen someone dat has gone for Service?
Cos NYSC says graduates from Open Universities will be given Letter of
Exclusion, be they below or above 30yrs of age.[/quote] pls check ur source again. they go for services.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by stelan(f): 10:15am On Sep 02, 2012
Holyrule: pls check ur source again. they go for services.
Ok. Tnx!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by slando(m): 3:57pm On Sep 02, 2012
Helo room, I paid 4 noun applicatn form 1 week ago...but i aven't proceed to online reg due to some reasons, pls is the registratn not yet close? If yes, can i collect my application pin code 4rm another study centre. Pls need urgent reply..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by slando(m): 4:00pm On Sep 02, 2012
Helo room, I paid 4 noun applicatn form 1 week ago...but i aven't proceed to online reg due to some reasons, pls is the registratn not yet close? If yes, can i collect my application pin code 4rm another study centre. Pls need urgent reply.. cryHelo room, I paid 4 noun applicatn form 1 week ago...but i aven't proceed to online reg due to some reasons, pls is the registratn not yet close? If yes, can i collect my application pin code 4rm another study centre. Pls need urgent reply..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by slando(m): 4:08pm On Sep 02, 2012
Helo room, I paid 4 noun applicatn form 1 week ago...but i aven't proceed to online reg due to some reasons, pls is the registratn not yet close? If yes, can i collect my application pin code 4rm another study centre. Pls need urgent reply..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by frankmoney(m): 1:00pm On Sep 03, 2012
Please wah are the o'level subjects required for economics & is noun degree inferior to others when searching for a job ?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by omowumiteniola: 2:02pm On Sep 03, 2012
pls dos noun have transport management(i mean course) and did they allow awaiting result 4 undergraduate
pls i need a reply
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by omowumiteniola: 2:05pm On Sep 03, 2012
pls i need a reply urgently if yes,and can i purchase noun form right now any noun student on ground to answer me
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by omowumiteniola: 2:11pm On Sep 03, 2012
omowumiteniola: pls dos noun have transport management(i mean course) and did they allow awaiting result 4 undergraduate
pls i need a reply
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by omowumiteniola: 2:12pm On Sep 03, 2012
omowumiteniola: pls i need a reply urgently if yes,and can i purchase noun form right now any noun student on ground to answer me

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.