Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1563) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3486960 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1560) (1561) (1562) (1563) (1564) (1565) (1566) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:59pm On Jan 29
omotosho580:
Good afternoon, I just finished my PGD Information Technology in NOUN and the results was OK. I want to ask if it is possible to register for the MSC now when the certificate of the PGD is not out yet.
Apply for the statement of result and use that to apply for your M.Sc.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mistiking: 9:24pm On Jan 29
Enskynelson:

It's not against the policy. You are not expected to pick ALL the electives. Kindly find out minimum electives expected of you. By next semester, you will likely have electives too which u are required to pick from. So, do you maths well.
It's alright bro, thanks for your response. I appreciate
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sajibola543(m): 1:19am On Jan 30
Babashifawu:
Hi all, i just got admitted to study Maths/Computer science via Direct Entry. I have a few questions and I would appreciate your responses.

1. I have heard about the need for DE students to register 100 level GST courses…please how true is this ?

2. I’d like to connect with fellow students in the Maths/Computer science department…if appreciate being added to a group or something

Thank you.
abeg shey you be upload your ND result abi na transcripts you send boss, me self been dey apply for same department De also

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sajibola543(m): 1:23am On Jan 30
[Boss can I still apply, Dem never give us our ND Certificate for Yabatech since 2022quote author=Enskynelson post=128075636]
This question could have been asked there. The staff don't bite. That would have saved us from guessing.
Add the application form filled (,some ask for it). I hope she is not applying for Nursing or Public Health though. Hope all were on a single Document pdf file.

REQUIRED CREDENTIALS
UNDERGRADUATE APPLICANTS

Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age
O-Level Certificate(s)
ND/NCE/HND/First Degree Certificates
NYSC Certificate (if available)
CHO/CHEW Certificate (for Public Health Programme
Registered Nurse License (for Nursing Programme)
Letter of Attestation from Current Place of Clinical Practice (for Direct Entry to B.NSc. Nursing)
Registered Midwifery/Medical Laboratory License (for Environmental Health Programme)
NOUN Admission Letter
Passport-size Photograph
Evidence of Payment (via Remita)[/quote]
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:34am On Jan 30
[quote author=sajibola543 post=128192895][Boss can I still apply, Dem never give us our ND Certificate for Yabatech since 2022quote author=Enskynelson post=128075636]

2022 is not too far. Your statement of result should still be acceptable. Let them know at the study centre that certs are not ready yet. Some schools in Nigeria make certs available only during convocations and they don't do convocation every year.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Pinkylolo: 10:29pm On Jan 30
ebixy:

Where can I see my course summary to see my outstanding courses?
From the e-ticket portal. It has total of all activities done in the school.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sajibola543(m): 1:05am On Jan 31
Thank you
[quote author=Enskynelson post=128195358][/quote]
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Temmyt08: 4:47am On Jan 31
Can't access the elearn portal,it's saying invalid username,also do I need to do exam registration before I can ve access to the TMA.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mimini: 6:43am On Jan 31
Please house, how can I change my study location from Abuja to Delta State. I have already done verification, it's just to pay my fees and register for my courses that is left.
What are the steps to take to change study location center from one state to another?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ebixy(m): 7:44am On Jan 31
Pinkylolo:

From the e-ticket portal. It has total of all activities done in the school.
Thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:22am On Jan 31
mimini:
Please house, how can I change my study location from Abuja to Delta State. I have already done verification, it's just to pay my fees and register for my courses that is left.
What are the steps to take to change study location center from one state to another?
Go to the Abuja Study Centre and tell them you want to change your study Centre. You have to give reasons. You will be provided with the form which you will fill and submit. Go to support.nou.edu.ng and open a ticket under the right category for change of study centre, Attach a copy of the signed form and wait. This you need to do ASAP. Change of Study Centre is now very strict in NOUN and therefore, I will suggest you hold on with your registration let them effect the change first, reason be that some persons don't get attended to. If yours delay too much, you could then take another form to the Study Centre you want instead. I hope you understand.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:24am On Jan 31
Temmyt08:
Can't access the elearn portal,it's saying invalid username,also do I need to do exam registration before I can ve access to the TMA.
There is nothing to access in elearn portal yet. Just hold on for now. No TMAs and Facilitation has not commenced.
YES, without exams registration, no TMA for you and no Examination for you. This is because TMA is part of the assessment and exams reg is what qualifies you for it.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mimini: 10:45am On Jan 31
Enskynelson:

Go to the Abuja Study Centre and tell them you want to change your study Centre. You have to give reasons. You will be provided with the form which you will fill and submit. Go to support.nou.edu.ng and open a ticket under the right category for change of study centre, Attach a copy of the signed form and wait. This you need to do ASAP. Change of Study Centre is now very strict in NOUN and therefore, I will suggest you hold on with your registration let them effect the change first, reason be that some persons don't get attended to. If yours delay too much, you could then take another form to the Study Centre you want instead. I hope you understand.

Thank you for the response, but I don't understand the last statement. I will have to take the signed form to the study centre I want instead. Will they effect the change at the new study centre? Does it mean that I should wait for the change to be effected b4 I pay my school fees? The issue is that it's an urgent move, and I want to be able to get materials on time to prepare for the exams, which can only be done after paying the school fees.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 10:49am On Jan 31
mimini:

Thank you for the response, but I don't understand the last statement. I will have to take the signed form to the study centre I want instead. Will they effect the change at the new study centre? Does it mean that I should wait for the change to be effected b4 I pay my school fees? The issue is that it's an urgent move, and I want to be able to get materials on time to prepare for the exams, which can only be done after paying the school fees.
The change of Study centre, u apply at your current study Centre. Upload a copy of the signed form to support.nou.edu.ng under the appropriate ticket. You keep checking your portal nouonline.net to see if it's effected.
Do that before payment of fees because you cannot say how long this will take and if they will change it or not. Many students have missed exams due to the fact that they applied for the change and it was not done. For such student, the fees for that semester is a waste. Since u have spent much that your application fees, wait and see if they will effect the change before you go ahead with payment of fees.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Temmyt08: 11:20am On Jan 31
Thanks for the response
Enskynelson:

There is nothing to access in elearn portal yet. Just hold on for now. No TMAs and Facilitation has not commenced.
YES, without exams registration, no TMA for you and no Examination for you. This is because TMA is part of the assessment and exams reg is what qualifies you for it.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Blessedarethepe(m): 2:42pm On Jan 31
Enskynelson:

The change of Study centre, u apply at your current study Centre. Upload a copy of the signed form to support.nou.edu.ng under the appropriate ticket. You keep checking your portal nouonline.net to see if it's effected.
Do that before payment of fees because you cannot say how long this will take and if they will change it or not. Many students have missed exams due to the fact that they applied for the change and it was not done. For such student, the fees for that semester is a waste. Since u have spent much that your application fees, wait and see if they will effect the change before you go ahead with payment of fees.

This is very bad of the school not to process this in time. It should be made as easy as tapping a button.
I hope I will get quick attention when the the time comes for me.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 3:11pm On Jan 31
Blessedarethepe:

This is very bad of the school not to process this in time. It should be made as easy as tapping a button.
I hope I will get quick attention when the the time comes for me.
Well, it's because many have abused the ease in the past. Many change from Centre to Centre every semester looking for easy places to pass their exams by unlawful means. The Mgt made it difficult in ordee to curb such intentions.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Temmyt08: 4:35pm On Jan 31
As a MEd fresher, after semester reg,course reg,exam reg...what next please?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 7:19pm On Jan 31
Temmyt08:
As a MEd fresher, after semester reg,course reg,exam reg...what next please?
Start studying o. No time. Don't wait for anyone.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Temmyt08: 8:25pm On Jan 31
Okay... thank you for the response
Enskynelson:

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Blessedarethepe(m): 8:42pm On Jan 31
Enskynelson:

I have not even paid....but I've been reading like exam is tomorrow.....money must not waste

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:44pm On Jan 31
Blessedarethepe:

I have not even paid....but I've been reading like exam is tomorrow.....money must not waste
Nice one.
Get your past questions here
https://noudocs.com/past-questions.html
I am happy hearing that.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Blessedarethepe(m): 8:46pm On Jan 31
Enskynelson:

Nice one.
Get your past questions here
https://noudocs.com/past-questions.html
I am happy hearing that.
Thank you sir
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Chriswazo(m): 11:37pm On Jan 31
Blessedarethepe:

Which program?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Blessedarethepe(m): 6:32am On Feb 01
Chriswazo:

Which program?
Accounting 200L
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bambam321(m): 2:19pm On Feb 01
i need guiiance intend starting m PGDE program before june ...wat are the necessary document , timeframe and price ...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Vicyourwriter(m): 4:20pm On Feb 01
Wow, very nice
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by theguvnor: 4:35pm On Feb 01
Good evening, I'm trying to begin my final clearance, when I insert my matriculation number in the "Compute Amount Payable" page it says details not found.

And if I try to register for a new semester it says "You are deemed to have graduated"

My name was on the graduation list released sometime last year.

Please any advice on how to proceed?

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 6:15pm On Feb 01
theguvnor:
Good evening, I'm trying to begin my final clearance, when I insert my matriculation number in the "Compute Amount Payable" page it says details not found.

And if I try to register for a new semester it says "You are deemed to have graduated"

My name was on the graduation list released sometime last year.

Please any advice on how to proceed?
It's not time for clearance, just be patient.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 6:16pm On Feb 01
Bambam321:
i need guiiance intend starting m PGDE program before june ...wat are the necessary document , timeframe and price ...
You need your degree cert, O Level Maths and English and you need transcripts from your alma mater. Time frame is 3 semesters.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by theguvnor: 6:20pm On Feb 01
Enskynelson:

It's not time for clearance, just be patient.
I need to get my statement of result ASAP, what do i do Sir?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 6:26pm On Feb 01
theguvnor:

I need to get my statement of result ASAP, what do i do Sir?
PG or UG?
For PG, use the transcripts portal to apply for Notification of Result. It costs 5k. It will be sent to your email. The last UG guy who applied for Notification of Result waited for several months and got nothing. He had to send a letter to the HQ attaching the Remita receipt and it was processed that same day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1560) (1561) (1562) (1563) (1564) (1565) (1566) ... (1581) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.