Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (736) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3497056 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (733) (734) (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 7:11am On Jul 26, 2017
[/b]NOTICE TO ALL STUDENTS!!![b]

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE OLD STUDENT I.D CARD IS OBSOLETE NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE....YOU ARE THEREFORE STRONGLY ADVISED TO GO AND PRINT THE NEW ONE SO AS TO AVOID ISSUES ON YOUR EXAM DAYS....IF YOUR EXAM IS STARTING ON DAY 1 PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU PRINT IT TODAY... DON'T LET LITTLE THING DELAY YOU.
WISH YOU ALL SUCCESS!!!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 10:08am On Jul 26, 2017
Bye to tma this semester, if you have not submitted your Tma by now, maybe they will allow only you to do so next semester. Each student has only two days, you can contact me on 09051481358
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LionInZion: 5:55pm On Jul 26, 2017
[quote author=Onacamng post=58833488][/quote] Yes, I am.
Formal Ikeja study Centre. And you?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LionInZion: 5:59pm On Jul 26, 2017
Anthonyo15:
Bye to tma this semester, if you have not submitted your Tma by now, maybe they will allow only you to do so next semester. Each student has only two days, you can contact me on 09051481358

Please bro. Do you have any idea about where the formal Ikeja Centre business education 100 level will write our e-exams? Please help a brother. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SSAwhistleblowe: 8:53pm On Jul 26, 2017
Hello house, please has the system crashed? Tma is no more opening and its not yet month end cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Barryp(m): 9:51pm On Jul 26, 2017
demolaxl:
what are the necessary steps to take get a NOUN form?
Nobody seems to answer questions on this forum. You guys should respond nah
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 10:23pm On Jul 26, 2017
Important note, For those who are writing *Any* E- exams .. Please be inform that their is a change in the examination centre for Lagos study centre student. The new exam center is stated below. 

��� 

*The Venue is @ VI the formal Head office* 

Exams start 31/07/17. 

Pls info others. This information has been CONFIRMED and it apply to only Lagos study centre formally ikeja study centre.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 10:24pm On Jul 26, 2017
Barryp:

Nobody seems to answer questions on this forum. You guys should respond nah
IF YOU ARE ON WHATSAPP YOU CAN CHAT ME ON 09051481358

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 10:31pm On Jul 26, 2017
SSAwhistleblowe:
Hello house, please has the system crashed? Tma is no more opening and its not yet month end cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
TRY LATER @ NITE
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 10:32pm On Jul 26, 2017
LionInZion:

Please bro. Do you have any idea about where the formal Ikeja Centre business education 100 level will write our e-exams? Please help a brother. Thanks
Important note, For those who are writing *Any* E- exams .. Please be inform that their is a change in the examination centre for Lagos study centre student. The new exam center is stated below. 

��� 

Exams start 31/07/17. 

Pls info others. This information has been CONFIRMED and it apply to only Lagos study centre formally ikeja study centre.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LionInZion: 10:35pm On Jul 26, 2017
ayungmony15:

��� 

Exams start 31/07/17. 

Thank you very much. God bless you, i was confused when I earlier heard it is going to be somewhere in Ogba
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 11:03pm On Jul 26, 2017
FINAL WEEK AND OPPORTUNE WEEK TO SUBMIT ALL YOUR TMA'S...FOR ASSISTANCE YOU CAN CONTACT ME OR WHATSAPP @ 09051481358

*SCHEDULE FOR TAKING TMA*

Monday -    Management Science , Access and General Studies Center for Life-Long Learning and workplace Training 

Tuesday - Sciences , Health Science 

Wednesday - Social Science, Agricultural Science 

Thursday - Art, Law, Education

Friday: Management Science , Health Science, Education 

Saturday - Science , Law ,  Agricultural Sciences 

Sunday - Social Science , Arts
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 12:24pm On Jul 27, 2017
Important notice.

TMA ends in some few days time and any course that at least 3 tma is not submitted is a carry over if you write the exam. So finish up with your tma.

You can private chat me for tma.

Also final timetable for e-exam is out please check properly so u won't miss any exam

For e-exam tips private chat me. #09051481358
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2017
[/b]EFFECTIVE WAYS NOUN STUDENTS CAN READ AND REMEMBER.[b]

No student has low retentive memory.
While some forget everything they read, others can recall it easily. Have you ever wondered why this happens? A lot of students who fail examinations have reported they do read but forget everything they read, which is why I have decided to write this article. Trust me, if you can follow this write up to the end and put the tips into action, your ability to remember will surely increase.

1. *READ TO KNOW AND UNDERSTAND*
Many students who are yet to discover their hidden ability of remembrance have the mindset of reading in order to pass their examination which makes them to cram rather than understand the content of the book. As a result, they forget everything they read in the exam hall. Therefore, change your mindset while reading. Read to gain knowledge, make sure you understand the concept of what you are reading and don't just read to pass an examination"

2. *DO NOT SKIP A SENTENCE*
Students see some of the information in a book as "story" and decide to skip them. Before you can understand and remember what you read, you just have to read enough. The secret is, "The more you read, the more you understand and the more you remember" . You cannot read four sentences and expect to know five. there are hidden secrets in every sentence!

3. *MAKE NOTE*
I believe GST107 and GST101 has taught you that writing down what you are reading helps you to remember more. After reading for several minutes, try to write down main key points of everything you have read in short form without looking at it. This will help you to know the part you don't understand, so you can go over it again or ask your course mates in NOUN. This is a very effective method which I used during my days as a student. I am sure it will work for you!

4. *EXPLAIN IT TO YOURSELF*
If you have been forgetting what you read, it is because you either crammed it or you did not understand. After reading for a while, try to explain to yourself, it will help you to know if you really understand the concept of what you are reading.

5. *TAKE A BREAK*
Readings for 10hours without taking a break does not make you a bookworm but I will rather call it a waste of time. Yes, a waste of time!. Your brain is a biological organ and not a machine, it also gets tired. Effective reading habit should be cultivated as it is more yielding. When I say effective reading, after reading for 1-2hours, you tend to lose concentration when your brain gets stressed. Don't force yourself to continue reading. just take a 10-30minutes break depending on how you feel, until you feel relaxed and good to go again. After the break, try to recall everything you have read before the break, then you can proceed with your reading.

6. *USE SONGS AND MNEMONICS*
Mnemonic is a technique used to remember what you read very quickly and accurately. I believe you were taught the use of mnemonic device in GST107 (Good study guide) You can easily remember the exam hall by using mnemonic device. For instance, in BIOLOGY101, the mnemonic for remembering the features or characteristics of a living thing is MR NIGER D (movement, respiration, nutrition, irritability, Growth, Excretion, reproduction and Death).
It is very easy to remember the mnemonic which will help you remember all the features of a living thing than remembering all the features just like that.

Music is also efficient method. You'll agree with me that most of the rhymes you we're taught still sticks to your brain because of the use of music. If you were not taught like that, you'll have forgotten everything.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by veekid(m): 1:04pm On Jul 27, 2017
Next semester starts when? Haven't registered a long time due to sme pressing issues and work
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 27, 2017
veekid:
Next semester starts when? Haven't registered a long time due to sme pressing issues and work

September
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ajeleseujn(m): 4:17pm On Jul 27, 2017
TRUEPATRIOTLOVE:

September

Had an admission with the school but couldn't proceed for registration and other necessary stuffs. Can I still make use of the provisional admission given in September or I have to apply afresh.
Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 4:46pm On Jul 27, 2017
ajeleseujn:

Had an admission with the school but couldn't proceed for registration and other necessary stuffs. Can I still make use of the provisional admission given in September or I have to apply afresh.
Thanks
. WHEN WERE U GIVEN ADMISSION??
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Jaybeee(m): 5:55pm On Jul 27, 2017
Pls when is the new academic session starting?? I want to apply for criminology.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by elobyobi: 7:36pm On Jul 27, 2017
hi guys
I went to the university website to apply for PGD in HIV Education and Management, but saw that the admission has been suspended. Please, what does that mean? for how long will it be suspended, and can I still apply this year, or should I apply for another course? I am in the medical line and I don't want to have to do my postgraduate studies in another faculty, but time is not on my side; I need a postgraduate qualification soon, or i'll become irrelevant in my place of work.
I really need an answer, guys. Thanks. smiley
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 9:44pm On Jul 27, 2017
Jaybeee:
Pls when is the new academic session starting?? I want to apply for criminology.
. SEPTEMBER FOR A NEW SEMESTER
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 9:46pm On Jul 27, 2017
[/b]National Open University of Nigeria Accredited Courses[b]

National Open University of Nigeria Accredited Courses. This is to inform members of the public, especially all aspirants, candidates and students of the National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN, that the National Universities Commission (NUC) in Nigeria, has approved and released the results of Accredited Courses.
We have complied all the lists of all courses which has been approved and accredited in the National Open University of Nigeria by the National University Commission (NUC).

Here are the full Accredited courses in NOUN

Programme Code Programme Title Host Faculty
Access and GS Access and General Studies Access and General Studies
7204 B. Agric. (Aquaculture and Fisheries Management Option) Agricultural Sciences
7203 B. Agric. (Animal Science Option) Agricultural Sciences
7207 B.Sc. Hotel and Catering Management Agricultural Sciences
7208 B.Sc Agricultural Extension and Management Agricultural Sciences
2502 Ph.D Christian Theology Arts
2305 PGD. Christian Theology Arts
2208 B.A. Islamic Studies Arts
2207 B.A. Christian Theology Arts
2206 B.A. French and International Studies Arts
2205 B.A. English Arts
4504 Ph.D Mathematical Education Education
4503 Ph.D Educational Technology Education
4502 Ph.D Science Education Education
4501 Ph.D Educational Administration and Planning Education
4403 M.Ed. Educational Technology Education
4402 M.Ed. Science Education Education
4401 M.Ed. Educational Administration and Planning Education
4212 B.Sc.(Ed) Business Education Education
4211 B.A.(Ed) Primary Education Education
4210 B.A.(Ed) French Education
4209 B.A.(Ed) English Education
4208 B.A.(Ed) Early Childhood Education Education
4207 B.Sc.(Ed) Physics Education
4206 B.Sc.(Ed) Mathematics Education
4205 B.Sc.(Ed) Computer Science Education
4204 B.Sc.(Ed) Integrated Science Education
4203 B.Sc.(Ed) Chemistry Education
4202 B.Sc.(Ed) Biology Education
4201 B.Sc.(Ed) Agricultural Science Education
8201 B.Sc Public Health Health Sciences
8204 (BNSc) Bachelor of Nursing Science Health Sciences
6201 LLB Law Law
3417 M.Sc Public Administration Management Sciences
3411 Master of Public Administration (MPA) Management Sciences
3416 M.Sc Business Administration Management Sciences
3413 Master of Business Administration (MBA) Management Sciences
3201 B.Sc. Cooperatives Management Management Sciences
5204 B.Sc. Data Management Sciences
5214 B.Sc Physics Sciences
5213 B.Sc Biology Sciences
5212 B.Sc Chemistry Sciences
5401 M.Sc. Information Technology Sciences
5305 PGD. Information Technology Sciences
5209 B.Sc. Mathematics/Computer Science Sciences
5208 B.Sc. Mathematics Sciences
5205 B.Sc. Environmental Science & Resource Management Sciences
5203 B.Sc. Computer Science Sciences
5202 B.Sc. Communication Technology Sciences
2302 PGD Journalism Social Sciences
2209 B.Sc. Tourism Studies Social Sciences
2212 B.Sc Economics Social Sciences
2211 B.Sc. Political Science Social Sciences
2402 M.Sc. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution Social Sciences
2401 M.Sc. Mass Communication Social Sciences
2303 PGD. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution Social Sciences
2301 PGD. Criminology and Security Studies Social Sciences
2204 B.Sc. Mass Communication Social Sciences
2202 B.Sc. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution Social Sciences
2201 B.Sc. Criminology and Security Studies Social Sciences
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LOUIS6(m): 10:33pm On Jul 27, 2017
pls... Any Noun student currently in 100 level - first semester , Law student @ abuja study centre... Should signify....

I got some enquiries to make..

Very urgent...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:36am On Jul 28, 2017
ajeleseujn:

Thanks

Yes you can!!!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ellamma1(f): 4:49am On Jul 28, 2017
Please must I finish all my course's exam before I graduate or I need just 120 unit...please I need an urgent reply. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 6:44am On Jul 28, 2017
Tma close officially on Monday. All students has only one day each for submission...

SCHEDULE FOR TAKING TMA

Friday: Management Science , Health Science, Education 

Saturday - Science , Law ,  Agricultural Sciences 

Sunday - Social Science , Arts

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 6:46am On Jul 28, 2017
Ellamma1:
Please must I finish all my course's exam before I graduate or I need just 120 unit...please I need an urgent reply. Thanks
BOTH
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MrImole: 7:01am On Jul 28, 2017
Jaybeee:

Me too, I want to apply for either economics or criminology and security studies...

Do you know anything of criminology and security studies? Is it lucrative? Is it any important?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MrImole: 7:07am On Jul 28, 2017
ayungmony15:
[/b]National Open University of Nigeria Accredited Courses[b]

National Open University of Nigeria Accredited Courses. This is to inform members of the public, especially all aspirants, candidates and students of the National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN, that the National Universities Commission (NUC) in Nigeria, has approved and released the results of Accredited Courses.
We have complied all the lists of all courses which has been approved and accredited in the National Open University of Nigeria by the National University Commission (NUC).

Here are the full Accredited courses in NOUN

Programme Code Programme Title Host Faculty
Access and GS Access and General Studies Access and General Studies
7204 B. Agric. (Aquaculture and Fisheries Management Option) Agricultural Sciences
7203 B. Agric. (Animal Science Option) Agricultural Sciences
7207 B.Sc. Hotel and Catering Management Agricultural Sciences
7208 B.Sc Agricultural Extension and Management Agricultural Sciences
2502 Ph.D Christian Theology Arts
2305 PGD. Christian Theology Arts
2208 B.A. Islamic Studies Arts
2207 B.A. Christian Theology Arts
2206 B.A. French and International Studies Arts
2205 B.A. English Arts
4504 Ph.D Mathematical Education Education
4503 Ph.D Educational Technology Education
4502 Ph.D Science Education Education
4501 Ph.D Educational Administration and Planning Education
4403 M.Ed. Educational Technology Education
4402 M.Ed. Science Education Education
4401 M.Ed. Educational Administration and Planning Education
4212 B.Sc.(Ed) Business Education Education
4211 B.A.(Ed) Primary Education Education
4210 B.A.(Ed) French Education
4209 B.A.(Ed) English Education
4208 B.A.(Ed) Early Childhood Education Education
4207 B.Sc.(Ed) Physics Education
4206 B.Sc.(Ed) Mathematics Education
4205 B.Sc.(Ed) Computer Science Education
4204 B.Sc.(Ed) Integrated Science Education
4203 B.Sc.(Ed) Chemistry Education
4202 B.Sc.(Ed) Biology Education
4201 B.Sc.(Ed) Agricultural Science Education
8201 B.Sc Public Health Health Sciences
8204 (BNSc) Bachelor of Nursing Science Health Sciences
6201 LLB Law Law
3417 M.Sc Public Administration Management Sciences
3411 Master of Public Administration (MPA) Management Sciences
3416 M.Sc Business Administration Management Sciences
3413 Master of Business Administration (MBA) Management Sciences
3201 B.Sc. Cooperatives Management Management Sciences
5204 B.Sc. Data Management Sciences
5214 B.Sc Physics Sciences
5213 B.Sc Biology Sciences
5212 B.Sc Chemistry Sciences
5401 M.Sc. Information Technology Sciences
5305 PGD. Information Technology Sciences
5209 B.Sc. Mathematics/Computer Science Sciences
5208 B.Sc. Mathematics Sciences
5205 B.Sc. Environmental Science & Resource Management Sciences
5203 B.Sc. Computer Science Sciences
5202 B.Sc. Communication Technology Sciences
2302 PGD Journalism Social Sciences
2209 B.Sc. Tourism Studies Social Sciences
2212 B.Sc Economics Social Sciences
2211 B.Sc. Political Science Social Sciences
2402 M.Sc. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution Social Sciences
2401 M.Sc. Mass Communication Social Sciences
2303 PGD. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution Social Sciences
2301 PGD. Criminology and Security Studies Social Sciences
2204 B.Sc. Mass Communication Social Sciences
2202 B.Sc. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution Social Sciences
2201 B.Sc. Criminology and Security Studies Social Sciences

What are the requirements for nursing science and "criminology and security studies"?

Do I need to write UTME before I'm admitted to study nursing science or I just need only ssce?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ajeleseujn(m): 7:41am On Jul 28, 2017
ayungmony15:
. WHEN WERE U GIVEN ADMISSION??

Last year July
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by beycity1: 7:47am On Jul 28, 2017
please anybody in akure study center should please add me to a whatsapp group, here is my number 07061926791

(1) (2) (3) ... (733) (734) (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) ... (1581) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.