Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,895 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Why You Must Use A Machine 'rammer'. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why You Must Use A Machine 'rammer'. (1688 Views)

18 Captivating,time-tested, Must Use Words Every Entrepreneur Must Know In Sales / How To Use A Simple Blog To Increase Your Sales On Fiverr! / Can I Use A Payoneer Master Card On A Nigerian ATM Machine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Must Use A Machine 'rammer'. by y2kplus: 7:54pm On Sep 16, 2013
Why should you use a mechanical ramming ('rammer') machine during the filling stage of a new building or before laying inter locking blocks?

The filling stage in a new building stage is when the foundation of the property has been completed. The demarcating bricks have been put in place and the ground needs to be raised before German flooring takes place. I have seen bricklayers using the manual 'rammer' method (long pole with a flat base). I see this as a long laborious method and as you will agree, sand or soil compresses over time if not properly compacted. It also takes a very long time to complete what this machine can do in hours.

It is also generally well known that artisans would obtain contracts to do inter locking bricks on drive ways and other external parts of a property and fail to compact the soil properly or not at all before laying the interlocking bricks. What happens is that as pressure (eg. car tyres) drive over and are packed on them, they begin to recess into ground base. The reason for this is not far fetched. It is simply because the soil compresses naturally following rain (or) and pressure from movements or static parking of vehicles.

There could be two reasons for this. 1. The artisan may have charged you for using this machine but in order to maximise his profit, he would make you pay for it but fail to use it. The result is what has been described above. Or 2. He may have told you as his client that a mechanical 'rammer' would be best but at an additional cost to hire. If you start counting figures and want to save money, I guess you would not opt for it. The result is same above.

My suggestion therefore is that you ensure that a mechanical 'rammer' is used and pay the extra charge and ensure that it is USED. Reason for this is that you will reap the benefit both in the present and future.

In cases like these where you are duped into believing the best is being done or you cutting corners, you should expect relaying of your interlocking bricks in the near future. It is not easy to relay because getting the original structure can be extremely difficult. The likely suggestion from the artisan would be to do it all over again! Because it is easier that way. Your best bet is to pay additional cost for this machine and ensure it is USED so that your money works for you in the long term.

Mechanical Flat plate wacking machine ('rammer') is available for hire in the Ikorodu area of Lagos State. This machine works with a petrol engine and can be used for compacting fillings before German flooring during new building construction. It can also be used for compacting soil/sand before laying inter locking blocks.

For more information, please call 08129 26 5963.

(1) (Reply)

Transportation Business / 9 Reliable Websites To Earn Money Online / 11 Brands In The World That Stood The Test Of Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.